The Bickering In CS Forums.....

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

The Bickering In CS Forums.....

Postby The Glass Doe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:55 am

I dont know if you have noticed...But I have. o_o It seems as if people try to give their opinions and others get snippy about it or people give their opinions with rude side comments. Im not saying its always like this...Im just starting to notice it alot. Like any topics on animal abuse, hunting animals, testing on animals, You know what I mean. (Im in animal chatter alot) Why cant we gjust give our opinions nicely and have others accept it? No one is going to agree on everything, but should we be rude about it? : /
No matter who you are,
what you look like, or where you're from...
You deserve love & acceptance
just like anyone else!

-Michigan-
The Glass Doe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Bickering In CS Forums.....

Postby Hekomi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:39 am

When it comes to controversial subjects such as the ones mentioned, everyone has strong opinions both ways. It doesn't mean one is right or wrong. The main problem is that when someone else has a differing view from another person they can take their words personally when the intention was not there. The internet removes a part of communication [body language, tone, etc] so things can be taken lighter or harsher than they are meant to.

You also need to consider the demographics of the site; since we're geared towards all ages we have some children as young as 10 posting on the forums [since only the USA is under the COPPA law I believe]. Children respond to things emotionally rather than rationally; even adults do sometimes too. If you see a discussion getting out of hand feel free to report posts. No one should feel belittled because of their opinion, nor should anyone respond negatively to another's. As you said, we should all accept how other's feel, even if we don't necessarily agree with it.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me