Pixelated Oekaki

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pixelated Oekaki

Postby June Bug » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:36 am

(I did a search and went through manually as I thought I'd seen this mentioned recently, but I didn't find anything. Forgive me if it's there and I'm just blind.)

While continuing on a half-finished drawing from my saved drawings, I was worried to see that zooming out caused the image to appear very pixelated. Even drawing a new line, that should be smooth edged (as the settings are all still right), it appeared to be just as pixelated as the rest of the drawing.
I made a lot of progress and don't want to lose it, but at the same time, I'm afraid that saving as-is (it's open in another tab) will permanently ruin it. :/
Is it okay to save and will fix itself upon opening it again, or should I go back and redo all the work again?
Is this a result of being zoomed in too far/long, or is it just a glitch?
And, again, is it okay to save/will it de-pixelate when re-opened, or is it ruined and I should close it without saving?

Please answer asap. My laptop has issues with the Oekaki being open for very long and it's already starting to complain, but I really don't want to lose all the work I did if I don't have to. ^^;

edit: Also, zoomed in, it looks like it normally would. It's only when I zoom out that it appears overly pixelated.

edit again: I got brave and tried saving it and re-opening. Luckily, it smoothed itself out and looks fine now with all my work in-tact! C:
I'm still wondering why it happens though and if there's a way to prevent it. suggestions/answers still much appreciated, but not so urgently needed anymore~
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pixelated Oekaki

Postby klaoud » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:56 am

June Bug wrote:(I did a search and went through manually as I thought I'd seen this mentioned recently, but I didn't find anything. Forgive me if it's there and I'm just blind.)

While continuing on a half-finished drawing from my saved drawings, I was worried to see that zooming out caused the image to appear very pixelated. Even drawing a new line, that should be smooth edged (as the settings are all still right), it appeared to be just as pixelated as the rest of the drawing.
I made a lot of progress and don't want to lose it, but at the same time, I'm afraid that saving as-is (it's open in another tab) will permanently ruin it. :/
Is it okay to save and will fix itself upon opening it again, or should I go back and redo all the work again?
Is this a result of being zoomed in too far/long, or is it just a glitch?
And, again, is it okay to save/will it de-pixelate when re-opened, or is it ruined and I should close it without saving?

Please answer asap. My laptop has issues with the Oekaki being open for very long and it's already starting to complain, but I really don't want to lose all the work I did if I don't have to. ^^;

edit: Also, zoomed in, it looks like it normally would. It's only when I zoom out that it appears overly pixelated.

edit again: I got brave and tried saving it and re-opening. Luckily, it smoothed itself out and looks fine now with all my work in-tact! C:
I'm still wondering why it happens though and if there's a way to prevent it. suggestions/answers still much appreciated, but not so urgently needed anymore~

I -think- that it does look a tad pixellated and wierd, as you've 'pulled' the image out of the shape it should be by zooming out. Just zoom 100% and it'll be normal.
Get your own custom cup of tea!
Dream pet: Moonswirl c:
klaoud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 am

Nono, I mean, it'll be at 100% and look distorted. x]
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby klaoud » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:33 am

June Bug wrote:Nono, I mean, it'll be at 100% and look distorted. x]

ah -facepalm- too tired lol ^^ just ignore me :3
Get your own custom cup of tea!
Dream pet: Moonswirl c:
klaoud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 am

klaoud wrote:
June Bug wrote:Nono, I mean, it'll be at 100% and look distorted. x]

ah -facepalm- too tired lol ^^ just ignore me :3

lol, that's alright. It doesn't seem to be a common issue and it's the first time it's happened to me so I don't expect many people to be able to help much. x3
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me