The FAQ

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

The FAQ

Postby 3catfish3 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:20 am

I don't really know is this OK,but I thought-the link to the FAQ page in the main site is so small that sometimes newbies don't see it and don't read it.So I thought I could make the same FAQ in forums,just adding some newest questions to it and update it with new questions that are asked.
Please don't post your questions here.

QUESTIONS FROM THE MAIN-SITE FAQ THAT ARE ANSWERED BY TESS.

Q. How do I join this site and is it free?

A. Yes the site is free, you don't have to sign up to adopt, but if you want somewhere to keep your pets then you can make a free account. To make an account just sign up to the forum and then you can log into the main site using your forum username and password. When you adopt a pet it'll be kept on your account, and it'll give you a copy/pastie code which you can put on websites/forum signatures etc and your adopted pets will show up there :) if you don't have anywhere to show off your pets, you're welcome to put your pets in the Chicken Smoothie forum.

Q. Help! The code isn't working!?!1!!1

A. Please email me with a link to the page the code won't work on. There are some forums which have certain codes blocked, but there are usually ways to get around this.

Q. Will you please draw me something/make me a custom pet etc?

A. No. Don't bother asking, I will only ignore you. Custom pets are awarded only in special circumstances, and never as a result of them bothering me or any other staff member.

Q. Can I make my own pets?

A. No, only our artist team can make pets for Chicken Smoothie. You can't add your own pets to our website. We have a special topic in the forums for suggesting new pet design ideas, please suggest them there because we'll never be able to keep track of them all otherwise!

We're not currently looking for more artists to join our team. When we need some more artists, we'll post a call for applications to the forums so that everybody gets the chance to apply. Please don't send us emails asking to be an artist.

Q. Why do you take forever to update stuff/reply to my messages?

A. All in good time, just be patient :) I'm a 19-year old university student, I have a part-time job, and I have a social life. Sometimes real-life just gets in the way. I'm also from New Zealand so I'm on a completely different time-zone to many of you.

If you haven't had a reply in over 2 weeks, it may mean your question was already answered somewhere on the site and I didn't bother to repeat it for you. Don't under-estimate the importance of reading all the FAQs and information on adoptable pages before mailing me.

Q. Will you please make kittens/rabbits/ferrets/tigers...?

A. Please don't bother requesting new species unless I've specifically asked for ideas. I have my own ideas and plans for the site and I'll make new species if and when I feel it is necessary to add something different.

I think it is worth mentioning that I don't have the skills to draw every species in the animal kingdom, so it's better not to get your hopes up that we'll ever have, for example, adoptable hermit crabs. ;)

Q. How do you make the adoptables?

A. We have several artists on our staff that draw most of our adoptable pets. Most of our artists are drawing using various versions of Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, either using a mouse or with Wacom tablets (which is like a pen thing that is connected to the computer.)

We sometimes invite guest artists to draw pets for us, we might get in touch with you if we see excellent work of yours around our forums. And seriously, don't call us - we'll call you.

Q. But how do you make them grow like magic etc?

A. The adoptables work using some very complicated php coding.If you still want to learn it,click-
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5534

I've put up a tutorial about a much simpler html version of growing adoptables which you can use for your own websites. This is all I'm offering, so take what you can get.Here it is-
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/tutadoptables

Q. How did you make the website?

A. I learnt html and a little css and I then made this website using my coding knowledge, with the help of ancient html-editor Dreamweaver MX.

My website is on a paid host, but you can make your own website for free somewhere like http://www.freewebs.com - no html knowledge required :)

FORUM QUESTIONS.

Q. Is there any way to turn off trades to a pet group so noone can offer on the pets in that group?

A. If you go to your pet groups pages, there should be an option at the bottom of the page saying 'Trading Settings'. Then you can turn off trading for that group.Note though that you can't turn off trading for Pets without a group.

*runs away to find some more questions*
Last edited by 3catfish3 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am not selfish.I am catfish.Not selfish.

ImageImage

Dead account- I am now found HERE
3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The FAQ

Postby Shian » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:24 am

Q. But how do you make them grow like magic etc?

A. The adoptables work using some very complicated php coding which I am never going to try and explain to any of you so DON'T EMAIL ME ABOUT IT.

Umm.. incorrect. Nick has quite a few tutorials up.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:27 am

Ooops,I forgot to change that because that FAQ isn't updated I think for really long time...Tess is really busy O.o

ImageImage

3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:35 am

I edited it.I added a link to the tutorial for the php system too ;)

ImageImage

3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:43 am

We've been talking about this, but more or less as the Chicken Smoothie Basics that is stickied to the top of the entire forum. Why don't you go through that and add some stuff to it? That'd be really helpful. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:54 am

Add stuff to this thread?I can't add stuff to that annoucement,I'm not the author of it O.o

ImageImage

3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:37 am

No, you should add it to your post. ;)
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 3catfish3 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:59 am

Oh! ^^ Okay,I'll add it later,now I'm off to hunt for Q! XD

ImageImage

3catfish3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me