How to know wthe value of an unknown rarity?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

How to know wthe value of an unknown rarity?

Postby Bashett » Mon May 27, 2024 11:30 am

Well I still have some pets I need to complete for this month and the past month, however I´m really sad because I traded a PPS pink pony (unknown at the time) for another pet (also unknown) that when the rarities got released my pony was a Red rare and the one I got was a Very common :(

I still feel super sad about that because I could have traded that pony for the Butterfly rare, anyways
I'm now feeling really afraid of trading unknowns from the same thing

what I should do , wait until all the rarities are revelead? Or there is a way to kinda know :(

I just don't know what to do, I want to collect all the monthly pets, but I will die if I give another valuable pet again :C

Or should I keep risking and trading without knowing? Thanks!
Hi everyone, I´m Bashett and I´m new, I discovered this game because there is a lot of people that play it on Flight Rising, I’m a spanish speaker sorry for my bad english :D
Bashett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to know wthe value of an unknown rarity?

Postby Celozon » Mon May 27, 2024 7:22 pm

There isn't any way of knowing for sure what a pet's rarity will be until the pets actually get their rarities. Some people avoid trading pets with unknown rarities entirely for this reason. That said, if you hang around the monthly discussion boards and look at what pets are being asked for most often on the monthly swap threads, its usually pretty easy to tell if a specific pets is a lot rarer than the others, and you can avoid trading them in those cases. By the way, if you weren't aware, there was a recent community poll asking if users would like more rare monthly pets, and the 'a few times a year' option ended up getting the most votes so we will start seeing more rares throughout the year than we have in past years. We might end up seeing them more often in mini-event releases too (like how we got a rare from the CS birthday pets).

If you do decide to start checking the forums for these things, this is just my own personal experience, but I'd take any opinions on unknown pet rarity from the discussion boards with a grain of salt. Sometimes when a pet seems to be a bit rarer than others people will speculate that it'll be Rare, but it turns out to just be uncommon or very uncommon, etc. There can be a lot of hype around new releases that can make pets seem rarer than they actually are, especially if they are a popular species. They aren't always wrong, but just keep in mind that people are guessing and no one knows for sure till they actually get rarities.

If you don't have the time for that though not trading them at all is going to be the safest course. There will be other opportunities to get rare pets as well besides monthly releases, we have 4 big events every year (Easter, Summer, Halloween, and Advent/Christmas) and there are always plenty of rares released during them. All but the Advent are token events, which require more of a time commitment (logging in many times throughout the day, Advent only requires logging in once a day), but if you do have the spare time to participate in them you can get all the pets from the event as well as spares for trading. Obviously depends on the amount of spare time you have to get extra pets, but its a good time investment for new users so you have extra rares to trade. The next event will be the Summer event which usually starts mid-late July, its our biggest event of the year content-wise so its usually the most hectic too, and also tends to be when the site gets most active.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to know wthe value of an unknown rarity?

Postby Bashett » Tue May 28, 2024 1:09 am

Thank you so much for the answer!
I think I will wait for rarities to appear then and trade later , this is really useful!

And I will be checking the site for events! :D
Hi everyone, I´m Bashett and I´m new, I discovered this game because there is a lot of people that play it on Flight Rising, I’m a spanish speaker sorry for my bad english :D
Bashett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me