Reviving Forums?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Reviving Forums?

Postby Captain Cori » Wed May 15, 2024 5:44 am

Hi, I have a question about reviving forums. I saw a forum game that didn't take off and I'd like to revive. Since there are very little pages, I thought about just posting on there, but last time it was posted it was back in 2021. Is it possible to post on it, or is it necroposting? I'm unsure if there are any rules on necroposting on CS, any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Captain Cori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Reviving Forums?

Postby Celozon » Wed May 15, 2024 6:30 am

In the case of forum games, if it was a thread that only went a few pages and it has been several years since being posted on, its probably better to simply re-make the thread entirely. It can be dependent on the thread though, in the case of forum games the thread owners sometimes request that only they remake the threads or to ask for their permission first (though if the idea is fairly common/not unique that may not always be necessary, its generally good to do so anyway if they are still active). If the thread owner knows someone is interested in playing their forum game they may be fine reviving the thread even if it is a few years old. If you are ever unsure though or don't know if this applies, its also fine to send in a help ticket to ask site staff if it would be fine to revive a thread or if it should be re-made instead.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me