Is this ok?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Is this ok?

Postby Ghost CatLady » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:23 am

I have a Custom Wolf Adoption place where people can order a custom wolf for free. Someone had asked me to make a wolf from a mixture of 3 dog/wolf pets from here on CS. I had previously made another pup adoption based on CS dog/wolf pets and was told i could not give them away even for free. When i had told this player they had said that it would not be stealing. So is this ok?
here is the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2879544&start=50
"If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all." - Geralt Of Rivia

Ghost CatLady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is this ok?

Postby Atwood » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:54 pm

For CS designs, the rules regarding art/adoptables depend on the situation. If someone specifically commissions you to make art of a CS pet or combination of CS pets, as in this case, it's fine to do so, whether it's free art or paid. What you can't use CS designs for is premade adoptables (i.e. you make the adoptables ahead of time and then others buy/adopt them from you), or combining CS designs to create premade 2nd gens to give away or sell, as the design isn't yours to adopt out to someone else. However, CS designs can be used for demos, ads or free-access freebies that anyone can use as opposed to being actual individual adoptables. :3
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is this ok?

Postby Ghost CatLady » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Ok :)
Thank you
"If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all." - Geralt Of Rivia

Ghost CatLady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me