๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Collect 'em All (Hiatus & Staff Apps!)

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Collect 'em All (Hiatus & Staff Apps!)

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:56 am

Announcements wrote:
Our staff apps are open! We're looking for some additional help on our team so if you have any interest, check it out!

You have one week to finish any trades or badge redemptions from our rainbow event! You can finish those up on the thread! Thanks for participating!

If you'd like more info or want to stay more up-to-date with us, don't forget to check out our discord!

Hi! You look new here. My name is Dr. Clove and Iโ€™m one of the lead scientists who studies Monstras. Theyโ€™re an interesting subset of creatures that seem to have an affinity for a number of elements. So far weโ€™ve identified 8 separate elements that are present in them: light, dark, fire, air, water, earth, tech, and spirit. Interestingly, some of them seem to be able to change form once theyโ€™ve grown to trust their person enough. We havenโ€™t noticed any change back once they do, so weโ€™ve dubbed this process โ€œconversion.โ€

We believe the best way to learn more about these creatures is to find more and continue to befriend them. Thereโ€™s still so much to learn. Some seem to only be found in certain parts of the world, others weโ€™ve seen rare color variants of, and others yet weโ€™ve seen unique varieties that seem to only appear at certain times of the year. Weโ€™re not sure what to make of all of this yet, so any help in continuing to document these creatures would be appreciated.

Oh youโ€™d like to help? Thatโ€™s wonderful! We ask that anyone who wishes to help keep an official record of any species they befriend, conversions and all. In return, we happily offer up one of these four Monstras to be your starting companion.

We also have some information about our process, our exploration group, as well as some rewards you can earn the more you find and explore down below. I recommend you check them out before you dive too deep, but we're excited to have you regardless!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Starters wrote:
Yes you may choose only one of these. Make sure you set up your Record Archive first so you can note them down.

Image Image Image Image

ID#1 Flairen .. | .. ID#4 Aoin .. | .. ID#7 Toddle .. | .. ID#10 Bushin

Code: Select all
[b]Username & ID:[/b]
[b]Monstra Starter & ID:[/b]
[b]Record Archive Link:[/b]
[b]Charm Being Used:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Other:[/b] (if Sanctuary perk link here!)
Last edited by appleschloss on Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:20 am, edited 38 times in total.

โ•ญโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โˆ˜ยฐโœชยฐโˆ˜โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ
โ”€โ”€ sสœแด‡โ‹†สœแด‡ส€โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€ แด˜แด€ษดโ‹†แด€แด„แด‡ โ”€ แด€แด…แดœสŸแด›โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ‹† แด€สŸแดกแด€สs แด…แดแดกษด แด›แด แด›ส€แด€แด…แด‡ :)
โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ยฐโˆ˜โœชโˆ˜ยฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฏ

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
โ•”โคโคโค ๐‘ช๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’†๐’” โคโคโคโ•—
Image Image
โ•šโคโคโค ยฐโ€ข. โœฟ .โ€ขยฐ โคโคโคโ•
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Rules & FAQ

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:57 am

General Rules

โค‡ You may not use two (or more) accounts within Monstras, not only per CSโ€™s rules of multi accounting but also utilizing a friend or family member with the sole intention of gaining more Monstras
โค‡ You *must* have a records archive in order to participate
โค‡ When buying more Mones you cannot update your balance until your trade and form is approved!
โค‡ You must always own at least one Monstra to participate
โค‡ You may only trade away all of your Monstras if you plan to leave the UMA. BE WARNED you WILL NOT be able to claim another starter if you trade your original away (without a proper item that is.)
โค‡ You may trade Monstras for art, CS pets, C$, and other UMAs that allow outside trading
โค‡ Monstras have a 3-day trade cooldown, during this time you may gift them to others. This trade cooldown doesn't apply to donating to the Sanctuary UNLESS the Monstra was obtained from the Sanctuary
โค‡ Be kind to mods, staff, and each other.

For extended information about what happens if you receive a strike or are banned, check down here.

Rules of Character and Asset Use

โค‡ You may not claim any designs here as your own, even when you successfully acquire a Monstra.
โค‡ You may not take these designs off-site without credit.
โค‡ You may not put these designs directly onto character storage websites
โค‡ You MAY make OCs for your trainer or based on the Monstras. If you do so of a Monstra, please still credit back here for the original design, even if you tweak them some (such as adding scars, making them taller or floofier, etc).
โค‡ If you do make OCs, the Monstras arenโ€™t official in any capacity and donโ€™t count toward your badges.
โค‡ Any basic assets, such as mones, bait, charms, badges, may be displayed on-site. If put in your co-op, no linking is required, but if put in your siggy or elsewhere, a link or mention of the UMA is preferred please
โค‡ You cannot have a Monstra in your archive that you have not successfully befriended, adopted, or converted.
โค‡ Once a Monstra is traded away, you have no claim to it anymore.
โค‡ Any basic assets, such as mones, bait, charms, badges, may be displayed off-site on character storage websites as long as credit and a proper link back to the UMA is given
โค‡ Art of any NPCs or Zones may not be used in any capacity

FAQ

โžข Is this a Fakemon UMA?
Yes kinda lol, its certainly heavily inspired by the Nintendo games. I feel like I only see them on oekaki, though, and I had an idea for exploring and being able to more genuinely "collect them all" so here we are!

โžข Will there be customs/breedings?
Customs for sure not. Staff might get a custom variant of an existing Monstra, but nothing more than that. As for breeding- not in the traditional UMA sense of making a whole new guy but I'm not toally ruling out breeding possibilities like ya would at the Day Care in the future.

โžข Will there be unique Monstras available?
Yes and no! So this is supposed to be more CS-like in the sense that some will be more rare than others, but ideally you can collect them all! So there will be shinies and variants but nothing exclusive (again except maybe for staff as a for funsies).

โžข Can I *un*earn a badge?
No you can't, if at one point you had 5 Monstras and then traded them all away, you would still have unlocked that badge. However, certain Zones are Monstra dependent and you can potentially become un-eligible to explore certain zones, depending.

โžข What are charms?
Charms is just the word we use to describe unique items that can help you during exploration or when befriending a Monstra. They're all one-time use and come in a variety of forms, all with different uses!

โžข Do Monstras have types? What do types do?
Monstras do have types! Currently they primarily impact their appearance and where they're located in the world, but we're doing further research still to see if more things are impacted by their typing. We do know that certain types like certain bait more than others!

โžข What level is my Monstra?
When you first get any Monstra, their level is 1. Think of levels more like friendship, all Monstra will start off at a base friendship level of 1 and it'll grow the more you hang out with them!

โžข Do my purchases have to be approved before I have the item?
The only things that need approved are starters, conversions, and Mones purchases! If you buy an item and fill out the form correctly, you're all good to go!
Last edited by appleschloss on Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:42 am, edited 18 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Field Research Synopsis

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:58 am

"Weekly Tip"

I like helping teach new people about stuff, so I'm going to drop some tips here every once in a while to help you out! Not everything is easy to figure out without a nudge or two!

This week's tip: "We're still learning about conversion and how it happens. Some Monstras need to be good friends with you, others seem to be influenced by locations or items, and some need a combination of both."

Oh hey! Dr. C mentioned that we had a new person who was joining the research efforts. Nice to meet ya! My nameโ€™s Trate and Iโ€™m one of the heads of the exploration division. We do a lot of field research primarily. We map out different zones all the time and weโ€™re always finding new things. If you check back in every so often weโ€™ll have new maps up for you to go head out.

Although, weโ€™ve realized not every zone is newbie safe, so some of them weโ€™ve put some regulations on. Iโ€™ll always lay out which ones need some experience to go to.

We actually have ways we mark experience - Badges! These make it easier to know whoโ€™s been around the block, but we also hand out rewards when you earn your badges! Anytime you meet the requirements to earn a new badge, just give a holler and Iโ€™ll happily hand them over!

I'd explain it all here if I could, but it'd be best if you go check out the Field Research site yourself! Hope to see you over there!
Last edited by appleschloss on Fri May 05, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 9 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Staff and Affiliates

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:04 am

๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š๐š

appleschloss - owner

Music_Lover: mod/artist

Exyw: guest artist
    Nessiie: mod

BPlusSupernova: artist
    BethRAWR: mod
    emotional support animal

๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š–๐š™๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š‚๐š๐šž๐š๐š!

(made by the lovely opaquii)

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4847042][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1091162540760891482/1095825185178923220/stamp_by_opaquii.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4847042][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1091162540760891482/1097417580878241792/monstras_stamp_1.gif[/img][/url]

๐™ฐ๐š๐š๐š’๐š•๐š’๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ

These are other lovely UMAs that we recommend you check out! To become an affiliate - just PM me and we can chat!

Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by appleschloss on Tue May 09, 2023 12:47 pm, edited 21 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Sanctuary

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:06 am

What is the Sanctuary?

The Sanctuary is a place where you can send your Monstras when you no longer want them. Our team here will happily care for them, while also conducting additional scientific research to learn more about them! Sometimes they might even find new homes!

Of course, there are benefits to donating your Monstras here. We have some badges, charms, and mones to give out based on how many you've dropped off in the past. Again, rest assured they are entirely safe here.

Rules of the Sanctuary:

โ†  You may donate Monstras as often as you like, but you may only adopt a Monstra from the Sancutary (successfully) once per week
โ†  The one week adopt cooldown only starts once you successfully befriend a Monstra that is up for adoption
โ†  Monstras here can't be shiny unless a shiny was donated
โ†  Any Monstra up for befriending here still requires bait to adopt, however all bait is 2x more effective due to them already being used to humans
โ†  Any Monstra that's rehomed from the Sanctuary starts back over at friendship level 1
โ†  When a Monstra has been adopted from the sanctuary they have a 3 day cooldown before they can be either traded away or given back to the sanctuary.
โ†  When befriending a Monstra from the sanctuary, you may use up to 5 bait at a time.
โ†  If multiple Monstra are currently up for adoption, you may only adopt 1 within 24 hours.
โ†  If multiple users try to adopt the same Monstra at a time, we will go down in order of post on the forum here until either all posts are gone through *OR* they're successfully adopted.
โ†  If your adoption fails, you may keep trying either with the same Monstra (if they're still available) or a different one.
โ†  You may not attempt to befriend another Monstra until your previous results have been posted.

The Reward Tiers are as Follows:

1 Monstra - 25 Mones + 5x Purpur Berries

3 Monstras - 100 Mones + 3x EXP Charm

5 Monstras - (a badge) + 5x Friendship Charm
"Familiar Donor"

10 Monstras - A chance to get a 2nd starter, 3x Shiny Charm

15 Monstras - 500 Mones + 10x Lapi Bait

20 Monstras - 50x Cucumelon, 5x Pretty Crystal (Monstra Charm)

25 Monstras - (another badge) + 1000 Mones

30 Monstras - (a unique Monstra)

Donation Form

[center][u]Sanctuary Donation[/u][/center]
[b]Username + ID:[/b]
[b]Monstras Donating:[/b] (with proof you own them)
[b]Link to Record Archive:[/b]
[b]Last Donation:[/b]
[b]Total Donated (Lifetime):[/b]
[b]Reward Claiming:[/b] (if applicable)

Current Monstra(s) Up for Adoption

When Monstras are looking to find a new home, they'll be here!

Matryoop (ID#49)

Lunesum (ID#13)

Sanctuary Adoption Form:

[b]Monstra Adopting:[/b]
[b]Bait Being Used:[/b] (and quantity)
[b]Link to Last Adoption from Sanctuary:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
Last edited by appleschloss on Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:58 am, edited 21 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Marketplace

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:06 am

โ ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š’๐š— ๐™ด๐šก๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŽ โ

Here in the Monstra universe, we primarily use Image mones as our form of currency. You can use mones to buy things like bait. Maybe in the future there will be other things to buy as well!

Image Mones Exchange Image

C$1 = Image 10m

Commons (any year) 10m
Uncommon (2019 - Present) 20m
.............*(2014-2018) 50m
.............*(2009-2013) 100m
Rare (2019- Present) 250m
....... *(2015-2018) 350m
....... *(2011-2014) 450m
....... *(2008-2010) 550m
Very Rares (any year) 1400m

*EXCEPTIONS: Any WL 2012 Pet will be x2 the price listed above ^ Also, any Dec 18th pets will be counted as their original year, not the year they were recieved. (If you have any questions about what year a pet is feel free to ask!)
We won't accept Very Commons, OMGSC, or OMGSR

^With the exception of the 2012 WL pets, there will not be a bonus for any pets being on my WL. There also isn't a bulk bonus or any other bonuses either.

You may not add or use the Mones you purchase until your trade and forum submissionare approved.

[b]Link to trade:[/b]
[b]Amount trading for:[/b]
[b]Mone Balance Before:[/b]
[b]Mone Balance After:[/b]

โ€ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ต๐šŠ๐š›๐š–๐šŽ๐š›'๐šœ ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐š›๐š”๐šŽ๐š โ€

Here you can find different goods, with the stock sometimes rotating depending on availability!

It looks like right now there's primarily bait available! You can use these when trying to befriend Monstras!

Image Pomum Cores - 2 Mones/ea

Image PurPur Berry - 5 Mones/ea

Image Cucumelon - 15 Mones/ea

"Sorry nothing special in stock right now. Hopefully I'll get something new in soon."

*(Staff get prices half off)

[b]Link to Records Archive:[/b]
[b]Item(s) Being Bought:[/b] (Name and Quantity)
[b]Mone Balance Before:[/b]
[b]Mone Balance After:[/b]
Last edited by appleschloss on Fri May 12, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 16 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Conversions

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:08 am

What are Conversions?

Some Monstras have been noted to have the ability to permanently change forms. While we haven't fully uncovered every reason behind this, the most common seems to be friendship. If your Monstra is ready to undergo conversion, they will let you know.

If you would like to move forward with their conversion, you can let us know. We like to make notes on conversions to further help our studies. Just submit a form below before you do! You don't HAVE to convert your Monstras, however. We've seen many who can convert but decide they're happy without it.

[b]Monstra You Wish to Convert:[/b]
[b]Level:[/b]
[b]Proof it's ready:[/b]
[b]Additional Items:[/b]
Last edited by appleschloss on Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Events

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:10 am

Last edited by appleschloss on Wed May 31, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 13 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Strikes & Bans

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:11 am

Strikes and Bans Explained

Many of our rules, if broken, will result in a simple chat versus a strike. Strikes and bans come from either malicious intent, or rules being broken in an intense way. Things like bullying or other forms of rude behavior or harassment could also result in an instant strike or ban depending on the severity.

What happens if you receive a strike?
We all make mistakes, and strikes are a way to notate that. If you receive a strike, it will disappear after 6 months. However, if you receive 3 strikes (not including ones that have disappeared) you will be banned. You will be notified if you received a strike alongside an explanation of why.

What happens if you're banned?
Banned users may no longer participate in Monstras. They may gift away their Monstras, or put them in the sanctuary. As this isn't like a normal UMA where there are unique ones, it is fully up to the banned person if they wish to get rid of anything. They will no longer be able to participate, however.

EXCEPTION: If you're banned because of multi-accounting, both accounts will instantly have all Monstras put into the Sanctuary and both accounts will be banned. You will not have a say in where your Monstras go.

Strikes:

None!!

Last edited by appleschloss on Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ | Lil Guys (WIP)

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:12 am

last res

open for marking <3

โ•ญโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โˆ˜ยฐโœชยฐโˆ˜โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ
โ”€โ”€ sสœแด‡โ‹†สœแด‡ส€โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€ แด˜แด€ษดโ‹†แด€แด„แด‡ โ”€ แด€แด…แดœสŸแด›โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ‹† แด€สŸแดกแด€สs แด…แดแดกษด แด›แด แด›ส€แด€แด…แด‡ :)
โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ยฐโˆ˜โœชโˆ˜ยฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฏ

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
โ•”โคโคโค ๐‘ช๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’†๐’” โคโคโคโ•—
Image Image
โ•šโคโคโค ยฐโ€ข. โœฟ .โ€ขยฐ โคโคโคโ•
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery