Tracker Dogs

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Tracker Dogs

Postby DoctorDraca » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:41 am

adoptions | FAQ & rules | batch archive | species info | discord
co-op archive | shop | trading post | open species | fanclub | visual archive | guest artist apps

BULLETIN BOARD

---

Tracker Dogs are a true canine oddity. Genetically engineered to be the perfect search & rescue dogs, their heightened senses easily outmatch even the most well trained dogs and their loyalty knows no bound. They are tough, hard-working, and fearless. Yet despite their origins, a Tracker dog can fulfil a wide variety of jobs, or even turn feral if abandoned.

Welcome to the Tracker Dog facility. Care to adopt?

Last edited by DoctorDraca on Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:08 am, edited 93 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs

Postby DoctorDraca » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:42 am

Adoption Notes

» You can only apply for 1 Tracker Dog each batch unless stated otherwise

» Tracker Dogs come with a little info blurb but you can choose your own story if you want

» Information blurbs contain they/them or it/its pronouns, but you can assign them any pronouns you want

» If you win a design you will get the small adopt + a full reference sheet

Batch --

MISSION BRIEFING:
--

RAFFLE FORM
Code: Select all
[b]I want to claim a Tracker Dog![/b]
Username:
Tracker ID:
Tracker Dog name:

Last edited by DoctorDraca on Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:10 am, edited 47 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:43 am

Artist | Founder
DoctorDraca

Guest Artists
Image Image Image Image
rentropy | CuppaTea | Irios Atelis | SpartanAmethyst

Weren't these an open species?
    No worries! Trackers are still an open species. These are just adoptables I'm making for fun.

What do you mean by open species?
    An open species means that anyone is allowed to make their own character and design of the species. Tracker Dogs are an open species and more info can be found here.

Are these adoptables free?
    Yes! Designs will be raffled off or won in writing/art/poetry contests.

Can I make edits to my Tracker Dog?
    Yes and no! You cannot edit the adoptable art itself, but you are free to redraw the design however you want!

Why does the signature say Skeletoots?
    Because that's my username on deviantart and the like. I only go by DoctorDraca on CS. :)

Can I have my old Tracker Dog design converted to these lines?
    Yes! Just post your Tracker on the thread to have it converted.

Are there only 4 variants available?
    Yes. Tracker Dogs only come in 4 variants, but there may be line edits, wild mutations, and other such things to diversify them further.

Why are they called batches and not litters?
    Because Tracker Dogs are created individually, and thus have no official siblings. But feel free to call it any term you like!

Can I have a Tracker Dog design that I made converted to these lines?
    Yes, but you're going to need a custom slot for that. The reason I offer old design conversions for free is that I made those designs, so updating them is easy. For designs not made by me I charge a small fee for my time, which means you will need a custom item.

1. Please do not edit the art of your Tracker Dog. If you desire edits there is the shop to help you with that.

2. You may trade, sell, and resell Tracker Dogs.
      2.1 You can only trade Tracker Dogs for other UMAs if the other UMA allows it. Please check their rules.
      2.2 You can sell your Tracker Dogs for any currency you like. Please use common sense when suggesting prices.
      2.3 Trades are final. Unless the other party agrees to trade again you cannot force them.

3. You may upload these to character storage sites such as Toyhouse.
    Please credit Skeletoots (I'm on TH) for the art.

4. Do not harass, bully, guilt-trip or otherwise be unkind to others. A bad attitude gets you nowhere and your forms will be skipped.

5. In case of bad behaviour: your adopts will not be taken away but you will be barred from participating in community events. There will never be a public blacklist but until your behaviour improves you will be denied any new dogs, items, or special items.
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:28 am, edited 34 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:53 am

TRACKER DOG
Lifespan
35 - 50 years

Status
Artificially created

Scientific classification
Kingdom:xxAnimalia
Phylum:x.x Chordata
Class:xxx.x Mammalia
Order:xx.x Carnivora
Family:xx.x Canidae
Genus:xxx. Canis
Species:x.x C. indago

Binomial name:
Canis indago
Tracker Dogs are genetically engineered canines made to aid law enforcement, search and rescue operations, and private companies, even as far as branching out to the domestic field. As their name suggests, their main purpose is tracking down missing persons or criminals. Yet over the years, their use has increased to scouting missions, security, and a wide variety of tactical missions. They are highly versatile, demonstrated further by their different variants.

They are not simply mutated canines. In fact, Tracker Dogs are artificially created through advanced technological means. They were based on canid DNA that was further manipulated and molded to create something new. Their hearing is sharper, and the many nasal sensors make for an extraordinary sense of smell. On top of that, they are powerful, fast, and intelligent. To prevent bad genes, Tracker Dogs are made so that they cannot breed by natural means.

While some have eyes, their basic form does not. They see through sounds, smells, and a form of echolocation. Via these senses, they are able to create a map inside their mind composed of greys, with important objects and lifeforms highlighted in specific colours. The clicks Tracker Dogs make to locate objects are at a frequency inaudible to most lifeforms.

All Tracker Dogs have a common trait: that being their long tongue. A small genetic mishap that was adored greatly, thus never corrected. Tracker Dogs can move their tongue like any other creature, while some even hold the ability to grab or manipulate small objects with it. The tongue can be retracted only a small amount unless engineered otherwise. To accomodate for the tongue, a Tracker Dog will not have any lower incisors.

A Tracker Dog skull with large teeth. Dental variations are common among the species.

CREATION & TRAINING
Tracker Dogs are the brainchild of Dr. Nexivyle Ta'ar, a brilliant geneticist and researcher. Not much is known about this individual; their history and records remain unknown. With an uncanny ability to manipulate genetic code they quickly made a name for themselves working for [DATA EXPUNGED]. Due to professional differences they eventually began their own research group, splitting themselves from [DATA EXPUNGED] completely. This new research project was named: Canis Indago.

All Tracker Dogs are created in a facility in [REDACTED], colloquially known as the Tracker Dog Facility. This facility hosts an impressive laboratory, kennels, training grounds, and visitor center. Within the facility Tracker Dogs undergo training by various professional dog handlers once the Trackers are old enough, and all progress is documented and monitored. Although not much is known about the creation process to anyone that isn't an employed scientist, the results are hard to argue. The exceptional time and care put into these canines shows in their work ethic and loyalty.

Many Tracker Dogs go on field missions with various police, guards, rescue operatives, and other skilled people to get extensive training before they are adopted by a long-time owner. Through these missions it's often discovered what the dog excels at. While the Tracker Dogs are often made on demand, the employees at the facility still find it more productive to allow the dog's personality and skillset to determine their role, rather than to force a task upon them. This luxury can't always be afforded, however.

VARIANTS
Tracker Dogs come in a total of 4 variants, each having their own strengths and purposes. Currently the 4th variant seems to be out of production due to unknown reasons.

Standard
The standard issue Tracker. This variant is the most popular and widely used Tracker Dog. It's short fur and high loyalty make it an easy animal to work with and maintain. They have a wide range of uses and abilities, each noted on the adoption files. They can work in hot to mildly cold climes, giving them the greatest versality regarding temperature tolerance. They are the least aggressive of all Tracker Dog variants. While these dogs may have a sense of pride to them, as long as they respect their owner/handler they will listen.

Intelligence __● ● ● ● ○
Aggression .._● ○ ○ ○ ○
Social ___.___● ● ● ○ ○
Strength _..__● ● ● ● ○
Speed __..___● ● ● ○ ○

Rugged
Also known as the 'Wild' Tracker Dog, this variant lives up to its name. They are a very strong and powerful Tracker, and their size exceeds all other variants. Perfect for cold and inhospitable areas as they can go for a long time without needing sustenance. The coat of a Rugged Tracker is coarse to the touch and must be brushed frequently. They usually have a strong personality and may not be the easiest to handle. These Trackers require a confident and assertive owner.

Intelligence __● ● ● ● ○
Aggression .._● ● ● ○ ○
Social ___.___● ● ○ ○ ○
Strength _..__● ● ● ● ●
Speed __..___● ● ● ○ ○

Aquatic
The Aquatic Tracker is exactly what its name suggests. A dog that is as comfortable on land as it is in water, and exceptionally fast in both. They range from having very short fur to an almost leathery skin, and are equipped with translucent membrane to help them steer under water. While an Aquatic Tracker can use its echolocation it also has the benefit of eyes which adjust to the type of water they are in. The two added sensors above their eyes pick up movement in the water.

Intelligence __● ● ● ● ○
Aggression .._● ● ○ ○ ○
Social ___.___● ● ● ○ ○
Strength _..__● ● ● ○ ○
Speed __..___● ● ● ● ○

Stealth
The smallest of the variants, the Stealth Tracker is the most intelligent among Tracker Dogs. These dogs are used for surveillance missions; their priority remaining unseen and unheard. A total of six optical sensors offers the canine a broad view of their surroundings, and the databanks along their neck store any recordings from these optics, along with recording sound from sensors located within their inner ears. They are quite small, yet this size allows the dog to reach places otherwise inaccessible to other Tracker Dogs. They are also faster than their variant brethren. To maintain these high speeds Stealth Trackers have vents alongside their sides that can release excess heat.

Intelligence __● ● ● ● ●
Aggression .._● ○ ○ ○ ○
Social ___.___● ● ● ○ ○
Strength _..__● ○ ○ ○ ○
Speed __..___● ● ● ● ●

Tracker Dog size compared to a 6ft. man
Last edited by DoctorDraca on Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appleschloss » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:01 am

I want to claim a Tracker Dog!
Username: appleschloss
Tracker ID: 5
Haiku: the eyes all watch me
they glow and blink, with sharp gaze
i feel goosebumps rise

╭───────∘°°∘───────╮
sʜᴇ⋆ʜᴇʀ​​​​​​​​​​ ᴘᴀɴ⋆ᴀᴄᴇ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛ​​​​​
⋆ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ :)
╰───────°∘∘°───────╯

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
╔⏤⏤⏤ 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔 ⏤⏤⏤╗
Image Image
╚⏤⏤⏤ °•. ✿ .•° ⏤⏤⏤╝
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appleschloss » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:02 am

appleschloss wrote:I want to claim a Tracker Dog!
Username: appleschloss
Tracker ID: 5
Haiku: the eyes all watch me
they glow and blink, with sharp gaze
i feel goosebumps rise

these are rad designs by the way <33 super cool

╭───────∘°°∘───────╮
sʜᴇ⋆ʜᴇʀ​​​​​​​​​​ ᴘᴀɴ⋆ᴀᴄᴇ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛ​​​​​
⋆ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ :)
╰───────°∘∘°───────╯

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
╔⏤⏤⏤ 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔 ⏤⏤⏤╗
Image Image
╚⏤⏤⏤ °•. ✿ .•° ⏤⏤⏤╝
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catdoof » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:03 am

Username: Catdoof
Tracker ID: #002
Haiku:
When the sky awakens
and the birds call out in song
At once all rejoice

Juniper - Guys, I am finally a Wildlife Biologist - Art Shop - Dressup Showcase
Certified cowboah - Batman my beloved - I am so tired lmao - Character purge - Gingerbread dog auction

Catdoof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halfwaytherefore » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:08 am

Username: halfwaytherefore
Tracker ID: #003
Haiku(short poem):

Someone wrote this before. I know they have.
But I shall put pen to paper anyway.

This is a letter to someone who doesn’t exist, 
and will never exist. 

I don’t know if you're human, or if you're not.
I will never know how you experience. 
All I will ever know is that I wrote this for you.

Words you cannot read,
Filled with emotion you cannot feel.
And meaning you cannot understand.

I’m sorry. 

But this is written for you, right?
So at the very least

I can read these words-
I can feel the emotion-

And I can understand the meaning for you.

(Hope this isn't too long, went a little bonkers)
Last edited by halfwaytherefore on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"cogito, ergo sum"
HALFWAY THEREFORE
He/They x artshop x th x click me<3

ImageImageImageImageImage
halfwaytherefore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me