🌌 Star Chasers Main Thread 🌌

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

🌌 Star Chasers Main Thread 🌌

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:25 pm

ImageStar ChasersImage

Star Chasers (SCs for short) are creatures born from fragments of falling stars. Once a fragment touches the ground a pup SC is born! This pup will grow up to be a full grown Star Chaser! Any Star Chasers that come from the same shooting star are technically part of the same litter and are considered siblings! That said, Star Chasers can have puppies (though a little magic is required).

Shimmer the species mascot! (any pronouns)

ImageEventImage
Whats this?
Hmm it appears there's nothing there! maybe come back later

ImageThe group currency are called Star Chips (S chips or $SC for short) Image
Star Chips are $0.01 of a C$. So $SC100 is C$1!
so C$1 is $SC100
C$2 is $SC200
C$3 is $SC300
and so on
Star Chips can be earned through many ways, however usually through events or by buying them with C$ (there currently is no way to trade CS pets for star chips. we're working to implement that soon)

Last edited by shadedk9 on Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 93 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Star Chasers Rules, Questions and Mods

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:28 pm

Rules

1. All members MUST abide by chicken smoothies rules! That include (but is not limited to): no inappropriate topics or discussions, no swearing, and so forth

2. Users are welcome to upload their ocs to Toyhou.se and other sites HOWEVER artists and designers must always be credited and the species must Always be mentioned

3. Users may not make their own star chaser and claim it as official without permission (i.e an MYO of some form)

4. Users may not claim unofficial star chasers as official and may not trade unofficial star chasers for official ones!

5. If a user wishes to remove their star chaser from the species they must contact a moderator to do so. A voided star chaser can not be reinstated by the same user

6. Users may not trade their star chaser to banned or strikes users. Star chasers also have a trade cooldown of 1 week to prevent trade fodder and sniping

7. Users MAY trade their star chasers foe one off ocs, chicken smoothie pets, art, etc HOWEVER staff will not assist in these trades

8. Co ownership is allowed but will not be facilitated by staff. A star chaser will always be considered under ownership of one user and if disputes happen we will not step in to settle them

9. Members are encouraged to draw and develop their star chasers however it is by no means required

10. The species works on a striking system! We will not dispute bans or strikes with users.
Strike 1 - a warning depending on severity
Strike 2 - A temporary restriction from litters and group events
Strike 3 - a temporary ban
Strike 4 - a permanent ban

11. To participate in the species it is asked that users create a Co-op archive slot to bank their Star Chips, star chasers, and items or other important info!

12. Only species moderators and artists may create Star Chasers unless a user has a specific MYO!

13. Star Chaser images may not be edited unless by a staff member/species artist.

Rules are subject to change

FAQ

Can I make a Star Chaser? currently you cannot make a star chaser unless you are a species staff member OR if you have the correct MYO! The species is technically a closed species

Do i have to pay for a star chaser? Technically no! There are a bunch of free ways to get star chasers and most litters are Free FCFS! However sometimes a species artist may sell a design or litter or trade them!

Can i draw/use/develop my star chaser? Yes! we encourage users to develop and draw their star chaser! treat them as you would any other OC! however please remember to credit the species and artists/designers if you upload them to sites like toyhou.se

can i remove my star chaser from the species? technically yes you can! however we ask you to let us know by filling out the below form! keep in mind that once a user has voided their star chaser, they cannot bring it back into the species. the star chaser must change ownership before being reinstated

Removal form
I would like to remove my Star chaser from the species!
Username:
Starchaser in question:
link to co-op archive: [link]

can i reinstate my star chaser? you may if you fill out the below form! however if you are the user who voided it in the first place then no.

reinstatement form
I would like to reinstate my Star chaser to the species!
Username:
Starchaser in question:
link to co-op archive: [link]

can i edit my star chaser or its lineart? no. you may not edit the lineart! only moderators can do so. in order to edit a star chaser you must have the required items from the shop and must submit a shop form to have it edited

Can I trade my star chaser?yes! You may trade your star chaser for other star chasers as well as for other species that allow it! You may also trade them for art. Only star chasers that were bought can be resold! (And only for the price they were bought unless they have more art)

Current staff
Image | Image| Image
Species owner | breeding artist | moderator

Species artist | ID | ID

Last edited by shadedk9 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Star Chaser Shop

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:42 pm

ImageStar Chaser ShopImage

An eccentric Star Chaser bounces towards you as you walk through the front door. There's a chime of a bell from the door closing as you brush your feet off on the mat on the floor. Behind the larger more bouncy Star Chaser is a smaller one who is sluggish but flashes you a shy smile. "hello! my name is Celeste! and this is my little brother Nova!" the bubbly Star Chaser chatters to you as she ushers you in the store. "Welcome to the Town Center Store! Here we offer a variety of items and accessories! feel free to look around! if you spot an accessory you'd like but it doesn't come in the color you want you can let my brother Nova know! he's a tailor and he's very skilled with creating custom accessories!". Celeste bounces off to help another customer while Nova waddles off with blush on his face. You decide to stroll around the store and see if there's anything you'd like!

Current item stock
Star Shards are an item that allows for 1-2 pups in a litter
Cost: $SC 2000
star cores are an item that allows for 4-5 pups in a litter
Cost: $SC 2500
Meteoric shards allow for the creation of a basic custom star chaser
Cost: $SC N/A

Current accessory stock
Keep in mind some items might not layer on top of each other well and will look awkward!
Leashes | Charms | Collars | collar spikes
ImageImageImage Image
Leashes can be any colors (COLLAR NOT INCLUDED) | charms come in hearts, stars or aliens! colors can be changed (COLLARS ARE NOT INCLUDED BUT REQUIRED) | Collars can be any color or pattern | spikes can be any color (COLLARS ARE NOT INCLUDED BUT REQUIRED)
leash Cost: $SC 300 | charm Cost: $SC 50 | Collar Cost: $SC 300 | charm Cost: $SC 50

Bridal| Harness| Muzzle| Scarf
Image Image Image Image
Bridals can be any color | Harnesses can be any color | Muzzles come in gold, silver and bronze | scarfs can be any color and pattern|
bridal Cost: $SC 200 | harness Cost: $SC 300 | muzzle Cost: $SC 300 | scarf Cost: $SC 400

Scars| Goggles| Cheerful expression| Blue Spiked Hat
Image ImageImage Image
Scars come in 3 types (eye, ear and side)| goggles come in gold, silver and bronze| Gives your star chaser a smile!| description |
Scars Cost: $SC 50 | goggles Cost: $SC 300 | cheerful Cost: $SC 300 | blue spiked hatCost: $SC 500

Kandi | puppy pals| Socks (front)| Socks (back)
Image Image Image Image
comes in 3 colors (rainbow, pride, trans)| come in 3 colors (brown, dalmation, sprinkles) AREN'T CONSIDERED COMPANIONS| can be any color and pattern!| can be any color and pattern!|
kandi Cost: $SC 200 | puppy pal Cost: $SC 300 | front socks Cost: $SC 200 | back socks Cost: $SC 200

Basket| Baseball Cap| pride flag| bug buddy
Image Image Image Image
Come as a candy basket or with a kitty!| can come in any color!| can be any flag (not hateful or obscene). be aware some flags might look rough/be too complicated| bug dude!!|
basket Cost: $SC 400 | baseball cap Cost: $SC 200 | pride flag Cost: $SC 400 | bug buddy Cost: $SC 200

item| item| item | item
img img img img
description | description | description | description |
Cost: $SC | Cost: $SC | Cost: $SC | Cost: $SC

In order to buy items or accessories you must fill out the below form!
Code: Select all
[center][b]I would like to buy something![/b]
[b]username:[/b]
[b]item(s) you'd like to buy:[/b]
[b]amount of each:[/b]
[b]how much it will cost:[/b]
[b]how many $SC you have left:[/b]
[b]your co-op archive:[/b] [link][/center]

In order to apply an accessory you must fill out the below form!
[center][b]I would like to dress up![/b]
[b]username:[/b]
[b]item(s) you'd like applied:[/b]
[b]color/changes to each:[/b]
[b]link to your co-op archive:[/b]
[b]Image of your star chaser:[/b][/center]
Last edited by shadedk9 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Litter Drops

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:43 pm

You approach a field under the stars. It's brightly lit and when you look up you can see galaxies swirling with blues and purples. The field seems to pulse with dim colors. Each individual light pulses at its own rate. Scattered in the field are small glowing crystals. Each appears to be a fragment of a star. You've heard tales that if you collect a star fragment it may result in a star chaser! You wonder if that's true....

Rules
You may only adopt 1 Star Chaser every 24hours. (raffles aren't counted towards this as they are random)
Star Chasers are FCFS (first come first serve) unless stated otherwise! Your form must be properly written out with all the details or you will be skipped and you may NOT edit your form when adopting.
Edited forms with be skipped.
Most adoptions are free however some artists may host paid adoptions!
Any Star Chaser with a name beside it means it is claimed!
Do not add a star chaser to your archive until the litter artist has made a comment with the members who obtained the SCs.

Current litter
WIP
owner:

owner:

owner:

owner:

owner:

owner:

owner:

owner:

owner:

owner:

Available recolor slots

Raffle
N/A
raffle end time: wip

owner:

Litter form
[b]Litter form[/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b] littername:[/b]
[b] Star Chaser number:[/b]
[size=50]Codeword: WIP[/size]

Recolor form
[b]Recolor form[/b]
[b] littername:[/b]
[b]colors/themes:[/b] (insert a palette/theme here)
[size=50]Codeword: wip[/size]

Raffle form
[b]Raffle form[/b]
[b]Raffle name:[/b]
[b]entering for numbers:[/b] 1
[size=50]Codeword: wip[/size]

Last edited by shadedk9 on Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 70 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption center and Shelter

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:46 pm

A warm and sweet smell flows through the air as you enter the shop front! The building is fascinating on the inside. The building looks as though its been split right down the middle! The left is a bright pink with a sign that reads "Welcome!". The pink side is littered in plushies and books as well as other fun things

The other side is pastel blue and has a sign that reads "goodbye! safe travels!". The blue side has bags and cubbies to store stuff in

Suddenly you're approached by a pair of twins! They both are jumpy and excitable and they tend to fill in each others sentences! "Hello there! Are you looking to allow a Star chaser to find their new home?" one of the twins blurts out. "Or perhaps you wish to be another's new home!" the other says.

You approach the side of the building that calls to you. Are you adopting a Star Chaser? Or are you releasing one for another member to give a loving home to?

Please be aware
Star chasers in the adoption center are FCFS. Once you relinquish a star chaser to the shelter you lose the rights to that character and they are transferred to someone new. Please only relinquish a star chaser if you are sure you no longer with so own it! Attempts to back out of a drop off after it has already been done will result in a strike or even a ban
You may only adopt 1 star chaser every 24 hours!

To adopt a star chaser please fill out the below form
[b]I wish to adopt a starchaser![/b]
[b]Username and ID:[/b]
[b]Star Chaser number:[/b]

To relinquish a star chaser please fill out the below form
[b]I wish to [u]drop off[/u] a starchaser![/b]
[b]Username and ID:[/b]
[b]Star Chaser:[/b]
Last edited by shadedk9 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Companion Shop

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:52 pm

You arrive at a small landing in the far reaches of the planet. The area here looks as though it was once a bustling landing strip! Most likely a place for other planetary groups to visit and trade. The area is pretty barren now and instead is peaceful and quiet. The stars are shinning brightly and the water flows calmly. Suddenly you notice a small wooden stall. "How long has that been there?" you ask yourself. On it is a sign that says Opening soon. You scoff at yourself, assuming this is a long abandoned store from the hay days of this landing strip. Though as you begin to wander away you think to yourself... maybe you should check back here sometime

Currently there are no available companions! check back later
Last edited by shadedk9 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Strikes and bans

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Current Strikes
None Thankfully!

Current Bans
None Thankfully!

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:55 pm

Affiliates

Here you can find any affiliates of this group!
If your species would like to be an affiliate please message shadedk9!

Stamps
Below are some stamps and clickables that you can add to your signature or bio somewhere!
Last edited by shadedk9 on Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Free bases

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:58 pm

Here you can find free bases to fill in with your starchaser!
You must ALWAYS credit the base artist (esp if uploading the pieces off site!)

Users are also welcome to create a free base for the community to use! Doing so earns you 1 free item out of the shop (your choice) as well as $SC 500! You may submit 1 free base a week and will always have your name credit underneath the base here! To submit a FTU bases simply respond to this thread with the image as a PNG (or with a solid white background) and the name/username link youd like to be credited to

bases and fill ins must not be obscene, offensive or generally nsfw!

Currently available bases:
headshot base by Ashes

chibi base by BardOfBreath

Last edited by shadedk9 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra Reserve

Postby shadedk9 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:58 pm