☆ welkins ☆ ; closed indefinitely

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

☆ welkins ☆ ; closed indefinitely

Postby Vacant » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:33 am

navigation:

| home | shop | co-op archive | nursery | trading/gifting | | explore |v1 |

welcome!

Welkins live on a gaseous planet that orbits a sun-like star. Their home planet has two moons, and the moons' gravity has pulled rocks from the planet's core, creating floating islands. Welkins thrive on these floating islands above the gaseous planet that exists below, using their head wings and massive arms to navigate the columns of air between the islands. Their large wing like arms allow them to grip the sides of these islands to climb up, but also allow them to build and sculpt from the minerals they mine from the islands! Thankfully, their tough, gem-like paw pads and claws are durable enough that they don't get hurt during these climbs. Due to their dense fur, Welkins don't require clothing, but some decide to wear it anyways as a fashion statement.

Welkin society is a welcoming, bright one where creativity abounds. They celebrate several times a year, and the manners of celebration vary from crystal collection and offerings for the end of the harvest, to creating large plant displays in celebration of the summer solstice, to gift giving at the beginning of a new year for good luck.

New Welkin are created from infusing crystals from the island with gas from the planet's core. One, two, or more parents will aid in gathering the crystals and where to bring the crystal to the core for the gas. This gives them a perfect balance between the earth in the sky with the gas from the ground, imbuing them with the ability to read the planet's thermal columns so that they can fly. Welkin have no assigned gender at birth as they don't have reproductive organs, meaning that they can identify however they like and create offspring with any other unrelated adult Welkin. Traits from the parent Welkins are passed on to the children through runes engraved on the crystal(s) surface. Welkin carry their children in their pouch until they are able to get around between islands themselves!

rules:

1: be polite - no guilt tripping, begging, attacking other people in the community, bullying, etc.
    2: no re-selling for more than you bought them for - this is a for-profit species, meaning that some will be USD/C$/pet sales. Without additional art, you may not resell for more than the purchase value. Free Welkins may not be resold, but may be traded for other species and species' items, other Welkins and Welkin items, and art.**
    3: Welkins are obtained as is - you may only change a Welkin with the proper items, permission, etc.
    4: Welkins do not need to 'fit' species lore in your personal settings, character development, etc. However, events will have ARPG like elements that will require your Welkin to be 'in universe' for the prompts.
    5: Welkins may not be copies of existing fandom characters, designs, etc. They must be unique designs but may be inspired by characters, designs, etc.
    6: Staff may take commissions for customs in any currency (USD, C$, etc.), and sell premade Welkins.
    7: Each artist must make at least two free Welkins every month to be able to considered active and have access to the unlimited hallpass for their own customs.
    8: welkins must link back to this thread. you must credit me if uploaded to th - pa_ro
    9: welkins from v1/2 may be transferred onto the new lines with the use of a transfer item, but may participate in the community without being transferred.
    10. outside ocs/characters can be transferred into welkins without voiding the other versions of them.
    11: welkin may not be transferred out of the species without prior approval by the artist and UMA owner
    12: artists may include an additional signature on their lines or batches to denote them as their work

**welkin may not be traded for the following species: Chicoons, Crystal Archetypes

Last update: 1/21/2023*
    added: #12

stamp:
Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4708239][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440910792792080387/951680381025927268/stampmyb.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by Kazin on Mon May 22, 2023 6:00 am, edited 70 times in total.
Reason: locked per owner's request
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ welkins ☆ staff list + bases

Postby Vacant » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:33 am

staff list:

paro

(owner)
Gamingerve31

(artist)
Magnaskies

(artist)

Fourd

(artist)

base examples:
ImageImageImage

Last edited by Vacant on Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ welkins ☆ litters

Postby Vacant » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:34 am

adoptable welkin:
adoptable welkins can be posted in one of two forms. the first form is the energized crystal, and these welkin will hatch within seven days to their adult form! the other form is the adult welkin, which will not undergo a time-based growth and come as they are. most batches consist of two to six welkin at a time with varying designs and edits. they may be adopted out for free, or for payment (c$ or USD).

artists will post when a batch is up.

litter rules:
You may not edit FCFS forms. You can edit raffle forms, but not FCFS. Editing FCFS forms will eliminate you from adopting with that form. If you need to edit a FCFS form, you must quote your previous form or post a new form.

You can only adopt one per litter type (Free or Paid) . You may only adopt one from each litter, even if the litter has different adoption types for each welkin ( eg, raffle and FCFS ) but may adopt a paid welkin and a free welkin from a drop.

Please no guilt-tripping, begging, etc. if you miss a drop.

Artists may offer re-colors from a litter/lineset that they've made at their own choice. Recolors or re-releases of a lineset are not guaranteed.

You may do litterswaps right away after adopting from a batch, but must wait a week before any other trading. This also applies for crystal/egg stage welkin.

available free litters:

none right now...

available paid litters:

none right now...

available event drops:

well.... all we have tonight are cores apparently...
lots of cores.

maybe if you give them some inspiration they can take form?

prompt adopt:
these will be open for 24 hours.
you may only apply once.
you may edit your form during that 24 hour period but NOT afterwards.
i will try to get everyone their welkin within two days but it may take up to a week

[center][color=#80BFFF]birthday bash #3![/color]

[b]username:[/b]
[b]angel or devil:[/b]
[b]favorite colors (up to three):[/b]
[b]link your co-op post:[/b][/center]

pending litters:

Last edited by Vacant on Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ welkins ☆ affiliates and faqs

affiliates:

squishums!

kiwipen wrote:Image

affiliate applications are always open!
this application process is only to make sure things are kept updated
and that new affiliates are added in a timely manner!

affiliates application:
dm to paro with the title 'affiliate application' to be added to the affiliate list!
[b]uma name:[/b]
[b]uma link:[/b]
[b]uma stamp or icon:[/b]

faqs

"can I be an artist or on staff?" :
staff apps will be posted when they are open, and that's how you can apply to be considered to be on staff! openings happen whenever staff is needed, but the time between these windows may vary.

"how do i get a custom or transfer?" :
artists will post when their customs or transfers are open, and for what prices.

"how often will litters be made?"
litters will be made when they are. unfortunately, there's no guarantee as to when a litter will be released or created, but you can join the discord or mark the thread for updates!

"how often can i adopt free welkin?"
you may only adopt free welkin from litters once per litter. there are no other current restraints on obtaining welkin.

"can i make a welkin based off of XYZ character?"
welkin may be inspired or based off of any character, but they must not be 1:1 copies unless they are a transfer/import of a character or uma that you own. copyrighted characters, eg pokemon, FFIXV, etc, must be inspired by and not direct copies.

"is there a limit to how many welkin i can own?"
nope! you may own as many as you wish.

Last edited by Vacant on Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ welkins ☆

reserved for misc.

marking allowed!
Last edited by Vacant on Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vacant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆ welkins v2 ☆ setting up

Postby Backstabbed » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:35 am

m
Pet's name: Tybalt 3-3.5 nons TD