kalon readopt - lysander

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: kalon readopt - lysander

Postby Lucario » Mon May 17, 2021 8:37 am

❝Find him.❞
❝ I don't think I can..❞
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

xxxxx☽ Lysander ☾
xxLike a cow to the slaughter,
xxI remember it well.
xxI remember taking my first steps,
xxthrough the castle.
xxI remember being told who I am
xxWho I had to be,
xxThere was no other choice.
xxI was no longer me.
Lysander, born Theodore, was born into a corrupted world, in which it was commonplace to take
a child and force them to work. However, in this world, in this Kingdom,
it wasn't just work that the children were expected to do. No,
the children were expected to be the backbone of the nation.
Of course, Theo didn't know about this until it was too late.
Theo was a good child. He worked hard on his parent's farm, he would be
the one to do the ploughing, to re-seed when it needed to be done, to care
for the animals, to harvest the crop. He knew that his parents couldn't do it alone,
they had both been working multiple jobs for a few years now, trying their very
hardest to care for a family of seven. He needed to help them.

He didn't mind it, of course, he loved being outside, watching the birds, caring for the animals. His favourite time, as a child, was the summer - he could be outside for longer, without the fear that it may get dark, and he would get lost.
It was a beautiful city that they lived beside. They resided just outside, in a little farming village. They could see the mountains from their home, and thus, the castle that loomed on them. Theo and his friends would always joke about how the castle must be haunted, as they never saw any of the people who actually lived inside of it, only the guards who kept them safe. It was a beautiful castle, with stone walls, stained glass windows, and a huge garden, filled with flowers. Theo found himself longing to work there - he could see the bees, and the birds, and the little creatures that loved the garden. He wanted nothing more than to tend to them.
A late summer's evening and the sun has just begun to set behind the castle the loomed in the distance. Once the sky seemed to be on fire, the beautiful oranges and reds encasing the mountains, a siren began. He was confused, as he had never heard the siren before - and nobody had ever mentioned it to him. What could be so important that the entire Kingdom stopped, and simply stared up at the castle, as if they were ready for something, knowing deep down that something bad was about to happen.
Theodore found himself looking to his family, three younger brothers, and a sister. His parents had been working that day, a late night as was usual. That was when everything froze. He saw the guards make their way down the lane, and towards the group of houses in which he lived. It was a quiet community, and thus, Theo assumed that they were simply passing through - there must have been trouble in the community beside them, which was known for violence.
Unfortunately, he was incorrect. The guards didn't pass through. In fact, they didn't even pass Theodore. They approached him, and he fell silent, unsure of what to say. "Are your parents home? We need to speak to them, as a matter of urgency" the first guard spoke, a certain sense of authority in her voice.
"No, they're at work. They're supposed to be home in about an hour," he spoke, his voice soft. He was still young, only just learning about life. The guard seemed to mumble something under her breath, before taking his elbow in her hand. Theo pulled away from the guard, "They will be home in an hour. You can speak to them then" he said - again, he was still young. He had not yet learned to not talk back. This time, the guard wasn't as calm, and simply grabbed the young Kalon by the arm, pulling him along behind her as she walked back up the lane, towards the magnificent castle. Theo was beyond confused, to say the least. Why had he been chosen? Why was he the one to be dragged away from his family?
He thrashed about, hoping that the guard would release him. She did not. It took only a few minutes to return back to the castle, all the while the young Kalon pulling against the guard, begging them to let him go. He didn't want to leave his family - he needed to work, he needed to care for the animals, none of his younger siblings could, they were still too small.
He found himself brought to the drawing-room of the castle, in front of a man who he could only assume was the King.
He spoke in a gruff tone, as he looked the young Kalon up and down, clearly seeing whether or not it was the right one. "He'll do just fine".
"For what?!" Theodore found himself saying. The King was not happy with this and had him brought to his knees. "You will be respectful. You will do as you are told. You are no longer the person who you were. You will forget about your past and will look only towards your future. Your name is now Lysander, and you will one day lead the Royal guard."
It took years for Lydsander to understand why he had been taken. Why he had been chosen to be the leader of the Royal Guard. Through many, many punishments, he learned not to speak of his family, not to even think of them. He spent countless years training to become the best, the strongest, the fastest, the smartest. And he did. He was found to be extremely motivated, and he seemed to know that he had been chosen for a reason. He never found that reason.

He became close to the Royal Family, how could he not when he was with them for the majority of his day? He became especially close to the youngest son - Jack. Jack was rather mischievous, constantly pulling faces behind his father's back, and running off. Lysander loved the chase - he loved to be the one to find Jack, usually hiding in the tunnels under the castle, and being the one to bring him back, to his parent's relief. That was until Jack went missing.
Some morning, Jack had gone out on the usual expedition, scoping the grounds, checking in on all of the workers. He was a sweet boy, and, from the stories that were told, he had found someone in the forest just outside of the garden. Rumours say that the person he found had been injured, and needed some help to find his way through the forest. That's where the story ends, unfortunately. Jack left no clues - no note, no nothing.
It was Lysander's job to find him, to bring him home. In the beginning, he wasn't all that worried, he had found him many times before, and was convinced that he could do it again. He checked the tunnels. He checked the bedrooms. He checked the kitchens. He checked the gardens, he checked the entire Kingdom. He couldn't find the boy. He had looked everywhere, he had searched the forest, even though it was completely off-bounds. He was willing to risk his job to find that boy. But he never did.
He found himself more upset than he had ever been - why couldn't he find him? He wasn't as close to anybody else in the world as he was to this boy, how could he lose him now? In all honesty, Lysander had come to rely on Jack, finding him a joy to be around, and he always had some snarky remark. He couldn't afford to lose him now.
He blamed himself. How could he not when it was his job to look after him? He found himself searching for the boy day, and night. Day, after day, after day. He set up endless search-parties, but every single one came up with nothing. He was lonely, undoubtedly. He found himself sinking into a depression that he feared he couldn't pull himself out of. He needed to find that boy. He became known to the townspeople as the wanderer, unable to speak, unable to do anything but search. He loved that boy as if he were his own, and unfortunately, he was doomed to wander for the rest of his time. He began a diary, logging his thoughts, the days that had passed, and his own emotions.

Click here to read Lysander's diary. Don't let him catch you, though.

Lucario

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _silentsiren_ » Mon May 17, 2021 11:39 am

marking to enter 💕🥺
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby captain dude » Mon May 17, 2021 3:51 pm

Mark just to watch... good luck to all and a congratulations to the winner! <3
Last edited by captain dude on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoomARat » Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 am

*gasps* (mark)
Leaving CS
BoomARat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sir Lysander Tristian - Completed Form

Postby -wild- » Tue May 18, 2021 8:32 am

Personal Profile wrote:

Name: Sir Lysander 'The Warrior' Tristian
Nickname: Lys / Sir / General
Pronouns: He/Him

Height: 6"4
Build: Somewhat lean but muscular

Duties: Lysander is in charge of the entire
Queensguard of Mistemere. He manages all of the
tactical planning and coordination of operations if any
need done, as well as making sure the Mistemere castle
and all royals have full security at all times. He has been
in this role for three years now and is the most experienced
Knight of all Mistemere soldiers.

Personality
Loyal | Commanding | Genuine // Condescending | Blunt | Strict

Lysander is everything that you would expect of a General. You could almost say the fact that he is a General is one of his personality traits, but there is still much more to him than his job. His commanding nature shouldn't be an initial off put, as his loyalty is something to be admired. If you are to befriend Lysander, he will be there for you through anything, even if he is a little cold or distant sometimes, Lys is always wanting to make sure those close to him are cared for, as he is a very genuine and honest character. While it might take a little effort to get Lysander talking in a social situation, once he gets comfortable he can make conversation with any one, you just have to get past his introverted nature outside of his knightly duties.
Lysander has many good qualities about him, but he can sometimes be a tough nut to crack as his cold, outwardly attitude can sometimes seem condescending and off putting at first. With as many years as a soldier that Lys has had, it's no wonder that he has a strict attitude about him and takes no prisoners if he has too. Sometimes his conditioning as a Knight can cause some bluntness from him, as Lysander really sees no point in telling others anything but the truth. This can be quite a ... shock to the system at first, but most get use to it. Besides, everyone will go to him for advice on personal issues because they know they'll get an honest answer! Lysander is overall a very loyal and proud kal Knight with an abundance of skills to offer, he isn't everyones cup of tea, but he is absolutely the best Knight in the realm.

Skills

✧ - Sword Fighting
        The skill that every knight needs and one that is very strong in Lysander. As a mentor to many young Knights, it's Lysander who you would want to teach you sword fighting. There is not a better Knight in the guard that can handle a sword better than Lysander.

✧ - Archery
        This is a skill he originally didn't want to learn but had to for his occupation. He surprisingly picked this up fast and was one of the best archers on his team at one point. It's still a strong skill of his to this day.

✧ - Jousting
        An odd ability to have, but one that Lys is very proud of. He learnt the art of jousting from one of his superiors as a cadet Knight and took a quick shine to it. It's now one of his many fighting abilities and hobbies too.

Hobbies

✧ - Reading
        As his occupation is a very physically and mentally tasking job, he enjoys the quieter sides of things whenever he's not on duty. Reading is one of those many things. He has a particular liking to all things non-fiction.

✧ - Making Cocktails
        While a hobby, this is also a slight guilty pleasure of Lysander's that not many others know of. He was a bartender in his much younger years and learnt how to make cocktails particularly well. Something he still enjoys doing in his spare time.

✧ - Bird Watching
        Lysander has always had a fascination with birds of all kinds and will often go take walks outside the city walls to get a good bird-watching session in. He just loves seeing what native species his hometown brings in. Sometimes he'll even make the odd bird house and put them up in the forest to try and bring more in.

Strengths and Weaknesses

☾ - Being in charge
Lysander was a born leader. Anything he takes charge of will do well, that is for certain. There is just something about him that makes anything he takes leadership on work out so brilliantly.

☾ - Problem Solving
As a Knight, he has encountered many problems, many of which he has had to work out very quickly. Lysander grew very good at fixing his problems in a fast and efficient manor, one of the reason why he is now General of the Queensguard today.

☾ - Making things with his hands
Lysander has been a bit of a handyman since he was much younger. Anything he enjoys has got to involve using his hands, possibly why he is so good at archery and sword fighting. In a pinch, he could have something made for you, it takes Lysander no time at all.

☽ - Winding Down
Lysander is what you might call, a workaholic. So finding time to wind down, is not a strength of his. He prefers to be at work and having something to do, which means he struggles a lot when trying to relax.

☽ - Talking about his own Problems
Lysander is good at listening to others problems, giving some brutally honest advice and overall is just a good person to go to in order to help you out. But Lysander isn't one to tackle his own problems head on. It's something he is working on, but something he very much struggles to wrap his head around.

☽ - Being 'goofy'
Many of Lys' weaknesses stem from the fact that he takes himself far too seriously and is serious almost all of the time. He can't same to break his ridged character these days but he is slowly learning how to be a little more relaxed, he still needs a lot of work in this department though.

Backstory / History

Lysander had no clue what he wanted to do when he was a boy. He had no idea what the future held for him and he was pretty okay with that. When he eventually finished up his education and went into the job scene for the first time, he picked up anything and everything - but only when he needed the money. He spent most of his spare time travelling around where he wanted to go, picking up odd jobs here and there. In his words he 'wanted a taste of everything'. He had jobs on boats, he did the newspaper rounds, helped out at market stalls, worked in a bakery and his longest held job he had when he was a bartender in a local pub.

But his real story begins when he was picked up by one of the most senior Knights at the time. Lysander was walking back from his bartender job in the early hours of the morning when he spotted someone robbing the royal armoury. He watched as the Knight's ran in the other way as the robber outwitted them, running the opposite direction. Lysander's instincts took over him as he went after the robber, brought him down and brought him into the Knights of Mistemere. The captain at the time was very impressed with Lysander, he offered him a job, under his supervision, on the spot. Lysander wasn't sure at the time, but in the end, he took it on.

The rest is, well, history.

Lysander has done many amazing things within his time as a knight, he moved up the ranks rather quickly. Quicker than any other Knight on record. During his time as a Lieutenant, he took over an ongoing battle and led them to victory after his Captain was injured, and did so after getting his Captain to safety in the first place. This heroic act gain Lysander a good few medals in his time and also for his acts during that time and the way in which he battled, Lysander got coined with his nickname, 'The Warrior.'

While Lysander wholeheartedly loves his current job now and agrees that it is one of the best things that has happened to him, it caused him to harden as a person as he moved up the ranks so quickly. He did a lot of growing up in that time and he thought it would be better to become a more serious and professional person to go with his quickly rising ranks throughout the Mistemere Knights. While this has impacted his overall personality from the laid-back and free-spirited he use to be when he was younger, he much prefers having regime and structure in his life where he couldn't find that before.
      Now he enjoys his current rank as General. Organising the things that need done and training the upcoming troops are his main duties as of right now and these are duties that he rather enjoys having during Mistemere's peaceful era.

Last edited by -wild- on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocoa » Tue May 18, 2021 8:53 am

mark, i'll enter if i have the time ;0
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterglow » Tue May 18, 2021 9:38 am

mark?? I really hope I have time :0
random ideas:
name- Badar (meaning full moon)
Last edited by waterglow on Mon May 24, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her - adult - Taurus - artist

Hello! I'm waterglow, but you can call me Via.
I'm always open to chat and help with whatever you
need! I am not very good at communicating and I am on
the autism spectrum so please be patient with me as I am
trying my best! If I ever come off as rude please know
that I'm not trying to, It's most likely a tone issue on my end. :)
Sig and Prof pic made by
valkyrie,,

- Storage - Kalons - Boo Dragons
waterglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Tue May 18, 2021 11:18 am

boralus - corrupted king whose wings were turned to a halo as punishment for his crimes - in close contact with demons, does favors for them in exchange for their assistance when he needs it (for getting revenge, for stealing money or things, etc. just various Bad Things) - thorn's dad who was banished from the kingdom by him, prince thorn took over and rebuilt the kingdom from his father's corruption

HUGE RES

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes