Mods, please lock!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Mods, please lock!

Postby Queen Charlotte » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:09 am

"Hello! Are you here to make some new friends, or just look around? Either way, come on in! I promise my brother won't bite..."

"You can mark it for later if you're interested. We won't stop you."

"We have a very friendly Discord server! Join it!"

Table of Contents:
Info
Forms
Open Adopts+ Contests
Events
Archives + Extras

Rules:
These are important! Because of that, please...
- ...only submit one form per tier per week! You can try out for multiple tiers at once, but that means only one Tier 1, one Tier 2, etc. in the span of a week. (excluding the special T1s on Saturdays...)
- ...don't steal. It's not nice, and we will find out, and we will take action.
- ...don't boast or brag. You can be grateful that you got a new friend, but please don't make others feel bad about it!
- ...follow all of ChickenSmoothie's rules! They're there for a reason!
- ...always credit the original artists when using the character! You can get other artists to redraw, or use the character for anything you'd like, but always credit me or the guest artists for the original design and any pieces we make for you!
-...read the information on how to apply for anything before posting. It's ok to ask questions, and it's ok to read the short version rather than the big chunk of text, but please, please have an understanding of how our process works before posting.

For credit or to get an idea of my art style, use my Toyhou.se, which is linked in my signature.

Thank you!

Affiliates + Advertising:
PM me if you'd like your adopts to be affiliated with ours!

If you'd like to advertise us, use our sticker forms in your signature!

Leo Sticker:
Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4266770][img]https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1uioG77EqUoPIOtzAYngOwvqqg4QvqaQm[/img][/url]

Charlotte Sticker:
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4266770][img]https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1UHdvWyiI5Bbk5YrAMfNF66KLRBW7rNDJ[/img][/url]
Last edited by Queen Charlotte on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 89 times in total.
Leaving Chicken Smoothie soon- send me trades if you like!
Queen Charlotte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Info

Postby Queen Charlotte » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:11 am

"At our adoption center, we know that all people are unique, special, and worthy; therefore, why shouldn't that apply to their characters? We've developed our own tier-based method of offering new friends for your role-plays, stories, or anything else- so, stick around and see how it works!"

"You can just read the bold if you're short on time. She won't be offended...or better yet, you can skip the information altogether and fill out the form that corresponds with the tier of the character. The forms section does its job pretty well without all of the explaining below."
Semi-important note: While my style is mostly consistent, it's subject to change. Please accept your friends, and if you don't like them anymore, just let me know and I'll find them a new home!

Our Tier System

Short Version: You start off by adopting a sketch, then apply to get them refined and colored-in across a few weeks. You do this by using the corresponding form in the 'Forms' section! You can read everything below if you enjoy having full information, but it's not required!

Tier 1: The Beginning
Every so often, a new batch of tier 1 characters will be put up for adoption. These will be messy sketches based on everything from donuts to animals to a microwave oven, accompanied by a sentence or two of commentary about their appearance/inspiration. To adopt one, all you have to do is utilize the tier 1 form (seen in our 'Forms' section) in the most creative way you can!

All tier 1 friends are first-come first-serve for individuals who have never adopted from the center before.

If you have previously adopted a friend, there will be a one-day waiting period where your tier 1 form will still be considered, but will have competition. From the hour the form is posted, 24 hours will be allowed for other individuals to also apply for the same tier 1 at the same time. When the time is up, the winner will be chosen by:

1.) Status: If one of the forms is submitted by an individual who has never adopted from the center before, then they automatically receive the friend based on their newcomer status.
2.) Creativity: If multiple forms have been submitted by veteran adopters, then creativity will be the deciding factor for the winner.

Any forms submitted after 24 hours will not be considered, even if I have not gotten to selecting a winner until afterwards.

The tier 1 forms will require:
-Name
-Adjective
-Star Sign and/or Birthday
And have the optional additions of:
+Gender
+Pronouns
+A link to your Toyhou.se for a transfer
+Anything else you want to add for us to know

A second Tier 1 character can be adopted in a week, but there are stricter rules. In order to adopt two from the same bundle, you must follow these guidelines:

1.) Post the form between 12am-11:59pm EST on a Saturday. If it is Saturday in EST, you can adopt a second Tier 1 in the same week.
2.) Write at least 150 words in the additional information section. You have to prove that you genuinely care about this character in order to adopt them!

[Additional Note: User-Character Bans: I keep tabs on all my adopted characters, as well as keep in contact with anyone who adopts from this center. If I feel that your characters are being mistreated (ex. you're an OC/design collector rather than a person who genuinely cares about using them) I will confront you about it, and will be entirely open to hearing whatever your story may be. If that has to happen more than once or twice, I consider that a ban-worthy offense based on poor personal character, and will not allow you to continue adopting from here. This will probably never happen to you if you're reading this, but I want this to be known; I really, really care about these characters. Don't abuse them, please. ]
Tier 2: The Next Step
Weekly, a certain number of tier 2 slots will be available based on the total number of adopts from this center.

The tier 2 adoption level is the next stop for anyone who has adopted a tier 1 already. Here, you get a sketchy (but semi-clean and defined) drawing of your tier 1. If you do not win the week's tier 2, then don't fret! Simply resend your form after the announcement message, and it will be re-entered in the next week's contest for another try. It will be re-read every time. If you want to edit or add on, either edit the original form, or resubmit it with a message letting us know that you're altering your first submission. We'll see it either way, promise!

Important 2020-21 update: I have a very, very challenging school schedule this year. On average, it may take up to a month to get to your tier 2; this isn't me forgetting, it is me not having time. Feel free to send a friendly reminder or check up if it takes more than 4 weeks, but please don't be nasty about it. I am doing this for fun, and I am doing this for free <3

Competitive tiers are always evaluated by quality, not quantity. We stand by this.

The tier 2 forms will require:
-Short personality description
-At least one hobby
-At least one quirk
+Sexuality

You may submit multiple Tier 2 forms in a week!

Tier 3: The Final(?) Frontier
New: Every week, there will be one Tier 3 slot available, regardless of the total number of adopts!
Every 10 total adopts, 2 Tier 3 spots will become available. This will be the case infinitely, and the competition for that space will run for exactly one week since it was made available.

Tier 3 is the final linear form-based level of a character, and is the colored-in version of the tier 2 drawing of your friend. After supplying the color palette or verbal description, you can add in details such as 'the hair should be this shade or red', but it's not necessary to let us know the specifics. In addition, if you already have used or commissioned art of the character outside of simply owning it, then you can supply a colored-in reference for us to work off of in place of a color palette.

The tier 3 forms will require:
-A link to a color palette/colored-in reference piece by another artist/a verbal description of the color scheme
-The character's favorite song/theme song
-A random fact about the character
+Giving us some backstory

You may only apply for one Tier 3 spot in a week.

Tier...4?
There is no official 4th tier, however there will be events randomly throughout the year that may be considered as such. During certain milestone events, there is potential for you to apply for a free piece of full-color artwork of a scene with your character, as well as a variety of other unique opportunities such as getting a custom theme song composed for them and/or animations made. Check back often to see if these are going on!

Contests
With every batch, there will be a chance of a themed contest to go alongside it! The friends you can get via the contest method are Tier 3s, but they require much more creative work to win than in the tier system.

Contests last for the same amount of time as the batch they are associated with.

Contest forms will require...
-A name for the contest friend
-An indication of which prompt you're answering
-Star sign/birthday
-Friend's theme song/fav song
-At least one fact about them
-A prompt response that is 150+ words
Last edited by Queen Charlotte on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Queen Charlotte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms

See the 'Introduction' section for crucial information on the tiers and their guidelines!

Tier 1 Form:
[color=#00BF00]I would like to adopt a new friend![/color]
[b](Name and Number of the Tier 1)[/b]
[b]Adjective to describe them:[/b]
[b]Star Sign and/or Birthday:[/b]
[b]Gender (optional):[/b]
[b]Pronouns (optional):[/b]
[b]Your Toyhou.se (link or PM me) (optional):[/b]
[b]Additional info (optional):[/b]

Example of Tier 1 Form:
I would like to adopt a new friend!
Liutas Jun-Olm (Leo), #0
Adjective to describe them: Austere
Star Sign and/or Birthday: Leo, August 13
Gender (optional): Male (born intersex)
Pronouns (optional): He/him
Your Toyhou.se (link or PM me) (optional): In my signature!
Additional info (optional): He's not mean, he's just 49.5% honest and 49.4% socially anxious. What's the other 0.01%? A secret.

Tier 2 Form:
[color=#4040BF]Please enhance my friend![/color]
[b](Name and number of your Tier 1)[/b]
[b]Short personality description:[/b]
[b]Hobby/Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Quirk(s):[/b]
[b]Sexuality (optional):[/b]

Example of Tier 2 Form:
Please enhance my friend!
Leo Jun-Olm, #0
Short personality description: Leo is terse, severe, and focused, with a dash of bitterness for his shell, and a sweet and loving heart.
Hobby/Hobbies: Note-taking, violin, and collecting unusual objects.
Quirk(s): An overly formal speaking tone, erratic behaviors, and a tendency to experiment with emotions.
Sexuality (optional): Bisexual
Additional info (optional): He is a winged demon, but his wings are too small for him to actually fly. Therefore, he spends a lot of the time either tucking them under his shirt, or spreading the feathers wide to give the appearance of dominance despite his relatively small frame.

Tier 3 Form:
[color=#FF00BF]Please bring my friend to life![/color]
[b](Name and number of your Tier 2)[/b]
[b]Color palette/colored-in reference image/a verbal description of the color scheme:[/b] (link)
[b]Character's favorite song and/or theme song:[/b] (link)
[b]Random fact about the character:[/b]
[b]Backstory (optional):[/b]

Example of Tier 3 form:
Please bring my friend to life!
Leo Jun-Olm, #0
Color palette/colored-in reference image/a verbal description of the color scheme: (x)
Character's favorite song and/or theme song: [Favorite Song: Yellow by Yoh Kamiyama] [Theme Song: LEO by Eve]
Random fact about the character: He is hypoglycemic.
Backstory (optional): "It's unimportant...you can read it on my Toyhou.se character page if you really want to know."
Additional info (optional): He is Charlotte's twin brother, yet has had a vastly different experience with life than she has. He is absolutely nothing if not unique.

Contest Form:
[b](Name)[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
[b]Star sign/Birthday:[/b]
[b]Character's theme song and/or favorite song:[/b]
[b]Random fact about them:[/b]
[b]Additional info/Extras: [/b]
[b]Your Toyhou.se (link or PM me) (optional):[/b] In my signature!
[i](Prompt response: At least 150 words)[/i]

Example of Contest Form
Liutas Peyt Jun-Olm
Prompt: "The quiet demon sat himself beside the bunny, hand etching observations across the page."
Star sign/Birthday: Leo, August 13
Character's theme song and/or favorite song: [Favorite Song: Yellow by Yoh Kamiyama] [Theme Song: LEO by Eve]
Random fact about them: He is hypoglycemic.
Additional info/Extras: He is Charlotte's twin brother, yet has had a vastly different experience with life than she has. He is absolutely nothing if not unique. He is a winged demon, but his wings are too small for him to actually fly. Therefore, he spends a lot of the time either tucking them under his shirt, or spreading the feathers wide to give the appearance of dominance despite his relatively small frame.
Your Toyhou.se (link or PM me) (optional):

"The quiet demon sat himself beside the bunny, hand etching observations across the page. He was no ordinary rabbit; he was violet, and lovely, and...quite soft, as Leo soon discovered. Lifting a lop ear, he thumbed through the fluff, relaxing to focus on the pleasant feeling on his skin...(+101 words)"
Last edited by Queen Charlotte on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Queen Charlotte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Open Adoptions

(We are closed! Thank you everyone!)
Last edited by Queen Charlotte on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 148 times in total.
Queen Charlotte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby Queen Charlotte » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:12 am

(If you can't see the image, click here!)
The Final Event: Happy Holidays!
12/1 - 1/1

Welcome to the final event of our center! It's been a long, awesome journey...let's celebrate it all with one last party!

Queen Charlotte wrote:You guys adopted almost 170 characters in 10 months. Dozens of them got lineart, and by the end, 30 became full-color, fully-fleshed out individuals that are used in stories written by some of the most creative people I've ever met. Before the festivities, let me give thanks; thank you for accepting so many of my momentary dreams and expanding them to the size of galaxies!
With love,
QC

The time for advent applications has passed, but anyone can still join in the fun with...

COLLAB FRIDAYS!
(Yes, I know the first one is starting on a Saturday...I'm sorry :,3)
[December 12] + [December 18] + [December 25]
[Ieiis] x [QC] x [the_kiiwii]

In addition to daily advents, there will be 3 full-color characters released! For all three, the sketch was done by the_kiiwii, the lineart was done by myself, and the color is done by Ieiis! I hope everyone enjoys!

(The last ghost has been adopted!)

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Your Toyhou.se Link (if you have one):[/b]
[b]A GIF that describes the ghost:[/b]
[b]Ghost's name:[/b]

example:
Username: QC
Your Toyhou.se Link (if you have one): In my signature <3
A GIF that describes the ghost: [x]
What is the Ghost's name: They have a million of them...
[/center]

Q+A
(If I don't cover your questions here, please PM me here or on Discord and I'll add it!)

Q: How many advent spots are there?
A: 18! The first week (12/1-12/8) will be reserved for claiming days, then until Christmas (12/9-12/25) the advents will be revealed each day!

Q: Why is this the "final" event?
A: Because this is the end of the center! On Christmas Day, LCHAC will be closing for good; I don't have the time to be consistent with uploads anymore, and so I'd rather finish with something great for everyone than be sporadic and stressed. It's been super fun!

Q: What about T2s and T3s?
A: If I've accepted your form before December 1st, then they are all still going to be sent to you as I make them! As for any others, please PM me in the future asking for them to be upgraded, and I will let you know if I have the time. All adopted characters are yours to use, so as long as I'm credited with the original design and any art you already received, I have no problem with you doing your own lineart, coloring, redesigns, etc. later on!

Q: How can I get more of your designs outside of the center?
A: Follow L-CHAC on Toyhou.se! I'll be renaming and redesigning it after the center closes, but there will still be free designs dropped in that account for people to adopt from time to time :) More info will be provided when the time comes!

Q: My advent is nice, but someone else got one I think fits my character better. Can we trade?
A: Of course! Feel free to trade amongst yourselves, I don't need notification. Please remember to keep all original credits to their respective artists.

P.S...
This event is a collaboration between myself, Ieiis, hexspecs!, and the_kiiwii. All these people deserve a ton of respect, so make sure to give thanks to them as they all have had huge roles in making this possible <3
Last edited by Queen Charlotte on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Queen Charlotte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archives + Extras

Postby Queen Charlotte » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Total Adopts: 163

Staff

Queen Charlotte

Head artist, owner, and founder.
[Available for T2s and T3s]

Ieiis

Retired artist, biggest supporter, and original designer and moderator of our Discord server.

the_kiiwii
Assists with T1 uploads, and is also a guest artist!
[Available for T2s and T3s]

TheSongOfTheStars
Assists with T1 coding!

Lilykitten5
Assists with T1 prompts!

hexspecs!
Collaborated on the Halloween 2020 center event!

Birthdays
[Calendar of All Characters' Birthdays]
Archives
[List of Adopted Characters + Past Events]

Banned Users:
Last edited by Queen Charlotte on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 120 times in total.
Queen Charlotte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [GRAND OPENING] Charlotte and Leo's Humanoid Adoptions!

Postby leafless willow » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:07 am

i mark, while staring you in your eyes
      you've got this, my friend
leafless willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leafless willow » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:52 am

bumping for char~
leafless willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 am

mark this looks cool

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Charlotte » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:05 am

New batch up! <3 The Grand Opening batch is a lucky 7!
Queen Charlotte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me