sugarcane info center wip (no posting please!)

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

sugarcane info center wip (no posting please!)

Postby snowing » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:30 pm

i have not been on this site in well over 3 years haha, but with my reappearance i remembered a thoughtful little species i made way back in 2015 called sugarcanes! i never really expanded on them, so i thought why not create an information center about them? if people seem interested enough i may try to make them into adoptables!
please dont make sugarcanes as they are a private, closed species for the time being!!!

★ sugarcanes have only a rare and very rare system! all other traits are common!
___

sugarcanes are an all female pseudo canine species most known for their elongated torsos, they often share the same color patterns and shades found in horses, but shades of deep blues or muted purples have been seen in some. they primarily reside in the middle east and central/southeast/east asia, each category having its own subspecies. they are often seen as alternatives to horses due to their ability to hold more cargo, minimal care, and lack of fear for other animals or their surroundings.

terminology:
heifer: a female above 19 years of age who has not had offspring
cow: a female above 19 years of age who has offspring
queen: the matriarch (lead female) of a clan
bub: a newborn sugarcane (up to six months)
sugarling: a young sugarcane (up to 11 years)
adolescent: a young sugarcane (up to 19 years)
mature: an adult sugarcane (up to 30 years)
aged: an older adult sugarcane above 30

height, weights and lifespan: depending on the breed, sugarcanes can range anywhere from 152cm to 213cm (5-7ft) at their withers, aswell as ranging from 453kg to 907kg (1000-2000lbs). their lifespan is normally anywhere from 40-55 years.

diets: sugarcanes are omnivores, they have been seen to mostly favor sweet fruits and will eat as many as possible if offered, they use their elongated bodies to their advantage by “walking” up trees to gain access to the fruits, or excavating abandoned dens or hard to reach areas without needing to be completely within the enclosed area.

temperament: personality varies from each individual, but collectively sugarcanes are curious and eager to learn, often watching other species’ tasks and attempting to mimic them.

hierarchy: a natural matriarch consist of the queen, their mate, and their offspring with sizes of 15-40 in the clan, if adult offspring go off to begin their own clan, they often stay allied with their mothers’ clan. artificial hierarchies (sugarcanes banding together from different clans) are often chaotic and out of order with constant fights for power, causing stress on all sugarcanes involved.

relationships: a sugarcane is well capable of choosing whats best for them, they can mate once and not form a pair with another sugarcane, or choose to stay with them and form a pair, whom they will stay for most of their lives, or bypass the entire mate seeking ordeal and create offspring through parthenogenesis (essentially self cloning) however, while the offspring will be genetically the same as the mother, their coat pattern may differ but still retain the same colors.

gestation and growth: gestation will last anywhere from 50-60 days, where the mother will lay 4-6 eggs, incubation lasts for an additional 30 days in which they will curl up into a donut shape with their eggs in the middle to incubate. their egg shells are soft and sticky, clinging to eachother to retain heat and prevent eggs from rolling away. sugarcanes do not have an egg tooth, but instead use their claws which begin to harden towards the end of the incubation period as to prevent accidental breakage during the earlier period. when sugarcanes hatch, they are called bub(s), bubs are born with both their vision and hearing along with their mobility, however they are born without teeth and rely off of their mothers milk for nutrition for the first six months.

once the bubs have been weaned they are called sugarling(s), sugarlings begin to start to grow in their adult teeth, they tend to go for softer foods or their mother will chew up harder foods for them to eat, sugarlings also begin to have growth spurts and rushes of energy as they become more playful and hyperactive. adolescence hits once a sugarling hits 10 years of age, they begin to become more independent and less needing of mom, but yet the mother is still very much within their lives as they guide them through basic skills like hunting or foraging.

an adolescent has met maturity once it has reached the age of 19, they are now fully independent, capable of hunting down prey yet they still stay within their mothers clan, now becoming the help for their younger siblings and passing down skills to them that theyve picked up. this is also the age where a sugarcane can choose to stay or leave their clan to create their own.
Last edited by snowing on Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
snowing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

sugarcane info center

Postby snowing » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:53 pm

categories:
riding: sugarcanes who are known for their smooth gait, even temperament, and adaptability to being rode
showmanship: elegant, eye-catching sugarcanes who show the best traits within the species, may also double as a riding type for their smoother gait
working: heavy, muscular and able to handle manual labor, these sugarcanes are often used on farmland or transporting heavy objects or equipment
hunting/foraging: they can range from heavy muscled to athletic, sugarcanes in this category often accompany people on their hunts for large game
athletics: lean but muscular, they are often used in sporting events such as bird hunting or racing.
Last edited by snowing on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowy / snow -- she/her -- college student
i have been on this site since the dinosaur age
snowing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: sugarcane info center wip (no posting please!)

Postby snowing » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:01 pm

breed types:
toy: 3-4.5ft, 200-300lbs
small: 4.5-5ft, 500-650lbs
medium: 5-6ft, 650-850lbs
large: 6-7ft, 850-1,000lbs

rare for all
albinism, heterochromia, identical twins (through partnered breeding), bubs being neither color of their parents, blindness, no ears, stunted growth,
very rare for all
no eye color, born without ears, siamese twins (can survive if conjoined at the shoulders), born without a tail, born with two tails, born with extra limbs or missing limbs, chimerism, vitiligo (only available for nursery batches during growths)

mesopotamian: a medium sized, medium coat sugarcane hailing from the mesopotamia, they are considered to be a working or riding class type.
caucus mountain: once a working type sugarcane, this small sized, long coated breed has been developed into more of a riding class due to their smoothed gait and ability to handle harsh mountain life.
siberian water: this sugarcane is known for its short, but dense coat and extreme oil production to preserve heat, they are small sized and considered a hunting or athletic type, most notable for their waterfowl hunting.
Last edited by snowing on Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
snowing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowing » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:02 pm

save spot
snowing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowing » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:02 pm

save spot
snowing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowing » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:33 am

save spot
snowing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me