DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open - CODE DROP! + hiring

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:07 pm

And the new round is open! I'll be trying to doodle up some new characters for you all.

A simple poll - what types of characters would you guys like to see here? Species/colors/and the like.

Also, are there any characters you'd really like to see revamped?
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Konata. » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:46 pm

aaa thank you so much for cindy!! i love her so much <333 i cant wait to create art for her

for the poll - id really like to see more humans which pastel colours
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
πŸ™Ύ
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€Ώΰ­¨β™‘ΰ­§β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€Ώ

Adult with aspiring dreams to
make webcomics and music!
PFP art by me β™₯

art shopβ™₯ tradesβ™₯ β™₯ Β©

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
════════ β‹†β˜…β‹† ════════
════════ β‹†β˜…β‹† ════════
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
Konata.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lumi_Turtle » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:03 pm

ahh thanks so much! I will definitely use them! ;v;
now a dead acccount
Lumi_Turtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the first four -- imani

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:03 pm

"No rest for the weary, eh? A new life for us all. But perhaps a troublesome one."
[ theme song ]

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Kennel Number: 68
Use: I'm planning on expanding my character Meep's imaginary world! It's a long story, which I plan to explain here, but basically the people in Meep's world are all real, drawn in by a magic pen, and some of them might be realizing who they really are...
These guys will get a place in my character world and lots of art and love!

Name: Imani
Nicknames? none
Name meaning: faith

Species and/or Breed: albino lion

Information on the imaginary world:
So Meep is a tiny adorable six year old with a bit imagination, and Wilfred is his older brother with a magical feather pen that can bring things to life. Wilfred's drawn up a whole world for Meep as well as people to live in it. But he's been working with the leader of the Starheart kingdom and the people that he's been drawing in were actually alive in the real world some time previously. All, or at least most of them, know something about Malorin, an evil viscet who's been trying to take over all three kingdoms, and hopefully someday he'll be able to use the magic pen to bring them all back into the real world and take Malorin down.
. Most people in this imaginary world don't remember who they were before, but some people are beginning to remember...

Meep and Imani

Personality:
A lonely king with a big heart and a regal disposition, Imani always seems to have a calm heart about him and can often be seen supporting the others in this strange other-land that they've all been put in. His voice just radiates peace. He honestly is the one to keep everyone else's spirits up when they feel down, the one to keep the peace when arguments break out or when the young child Meep isn't there to visit them in their little storybook world.

It's obvious that Imani worries very deeply about all of his people. While he may not show it much, he is always concerned for the others in this realm and the stays up late at night, watching the moon that isn't quite a moon and so conflicted in what he knows. He wants the others to remember who they are, but at the same time he hasn't quite come to terms with his death and if he is scared, what about those who aren't as willing to accept that they're all living in a pocket-realm.

If he's been given a second chance to live, then he's going to make the most of it. And one day he'll get revenge on Malorin for everything that's been done to others just like him.

History:
The Starheart kingdom was always known to be a brave, creative, and fair place for all, even from the early days of its existence. King Imani is probably one of the reasons why it got placed in such high regard among most of the land. He was such a kind leader in his time (the earlier days of the world) that people would come to ask him for advice for the smallest things just because whatever he said was usually brilliant.

Imani ruled over his people with kindness and honesty until he heard rumors of several of his people going missing. This concerned the albino lion, so much so that he temporarily put someone else in charge and decided to try and find whoever was behind this himself. He left by himself, followed a trail of clues until he found himself face to face with Malorin, the culprit behind it all, in the Shadowed Lands (an island of complete darkness).

Imani was a good leader, but he was not prepared to escape such a fight. The kind king didn't make it out alive.

He remembered who he truly was only a short time after he was drawn into Meeps' imaginary world, and soon he found others who had also remembered.

notes -
- tired old lion. Was a brave ruler of Starheart long ago, went seeking after Malorin after he found out about the dangerous viscet's presence in his kingdom.
- Got lost in the shadowed lands.
- nowadays he's frustrated with himself and wants to make up for his previous failure by helping the other people thrown into this imaginary yet very real world.

dearfellowtraveler
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the first four -- lumi

"It's another bright morning sunrise, right? But something feels different..."

Kennel Number: 44
Species and/or Breed: rabbit
Use: I'm planning on expanding my character Meep's imaginary world! It's a long story, which I plan to explain here, but basically the people in Meep's world are all real, drawn in by a magic pen, and some of them might be realizing who they really are...

Name: Lumi
Name meaning: snow
Nicknames? none

So Meep is a tiny adorable six year old with a bit imagination, and Wilfred is his older brother with a magical feather pen that can bring things to life. Wilfred's drawn up a whole world for Meep as well as people to live in it. But he's been working with the leader of the Starheart kingdom and the people that he's been drawing in were actually alive in the real world some time previously. All, or at least most of them, know something about Malorin, an evil viscet who's been trying to take over all three kingdoms, and hopefully someday he'll be able to use the magic pen to bring them all back into the real world and take Malorin down.
. Most people in this imaginary world don't remember who they were before, but some people are beginning to remember...

Personality:
Optimism is what Lumi wants to be. She keeps her spirits up by commenting on the weather, on good things she sees in others. Lumi adores going on adventures into the world they're all in, finding a few random people and dragging them off into the wilderness with her to watch the stars, or find some amazing flowers.

Perhaps she's a bit too energetic for some people, but it's clear that she's a bright soul with an inherent joy for the good things going on around her.

Out of the four that have remembered who they really are, she's just beginning to discover that. It's challenging to realize that you've been lying to yourself for ages, and it seems that Lumi's in a spot of denial about it all. Hopefully the other three can help her out.

History:
When Silvarum was first properly explored the bravest people went all the way down south and found the Skyedge - a place where the last island rests and nothing but ocean lies ahead. The first explorers started a settlement here, a lonely place that would soon gain the name Lighthouse town. This quiet village was Lumi's home during her life.

She lived a quiet life there for the longest time, staying near the ocean and trying to keep travelers safe and give them a place to rest. Sometimes foolish people would take their makeshift boats and go out into the ocean. Usually those people didn't come back.

But one day Malorin came to the lonely town, caused trouble and asked around about an artifact of deep power, and Lumi realized something was definitely up. She confronted him at night... but she didn't make it out of such a confrontation alive.

The world she's in now is just as peaceful as most of the days in her previous life, although she's a bit sad about the lack of ocean in the place. Whatever happens, though, she's glad to have such a brilliant group of friends.

Meep and Lumi

notes -
- endlessly optimistic, in love with bright colors and small wonderful things.
- used to be an artist in Starheart's lazy town by the Skyedge

dearfellowtraveler
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 12 times in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the first four -- cosette

"You running away from your past? You'll find a good hideaway here, kid."

Kennel Number: 89

Name: Cosette
Name meaning: little thing
Nicknames? none

Species and/or Breed: deer/goat??

Personality:
"How's life with you, kid?"
She's an ever-smiling, ever-friendly creature with a song always in her head and a joke always ready to tell if you need it. There's a constant spring in Cosette's steps and she's just generally a kind person to be around. This is the type of person that makes you smile just from her energy and general concern for those around her.

Always ready to help - of all the odd jobs that need to be done in this imaginary world, you'll often find her doing the majority of them. She has no problem with work, willing to do anything if it means it'll benefit others.

Sometimes she can be a bit oblivious, seeming to just be in her own world within this world, and it can be hard to get her attention when this happens. But in the end Cosette is one of everyone's favorite people, because she does what needs to be done with a smile on her face.

Perhaps she's too busy being concerned about others that she doesn't think about her own problems... but she'll need to face it all one day.

(Cosette and Meep)

History:
Cosette's early life was as a messenger for the three kingdoms. There were always letters that needed to be sent out, carried along to all the different kingdoms. Cosette was a fast runner and a determined fellow, so she quickly moved up the ranks and eventually she was in charge of carrying messages that were important to the highest up in each kingdom. Sunglow, Moonrise, Starheart - she prized herself on never losing a letter.

While she saw a great many people and a great many places, there were people who always recognized her and would ask her for tales of the many things that had happened along her journeys. The children especially loved her crazy stories of far off places and dangers she had faced to get their letters to them.

The problem with carrying such important mail, however, is that others will almost certainly be after such things. Malorin came after Cosette, hoping to know more about the secrets behind Starheart and their people. Cosette refused, as she always did when bandits jumped her on the road. But Malorin is no ordinary bandit.

She feels restless here in this imaginary place - as nice as it is, as safe as it is, it only goes out so far. There's a whole world out there for her to see, and she wants to be able to head on back there and experience it once more.

Someday she wants to get that chance.

notes -
- calls everyone 'kid' even if they're older than her
- loves puns and jokes

dearfellowtraveler
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the first four -- alvis

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 pm

"C-c-crisp day today! If only it was warmer, I'm gonna freeze out here."
theme song

Kennel Number: 45
Species and/or Breed: squirrel

Name: Alvis
Name meaning: all wise
Nicknames? none

Personality:
If you try to start up any sort of friendly conversation around him, all you'll get on a good day is a frustrated grumble and a couple of short complaints. He likes to hang out on the nearest high spot on his own and insists that he wants nothing to do with others (privacy is important, after all!) But if someone pays him a kind word, the smile Alvis tries not to show is one of the most adorable things that exist.

Out of the four that are discovering the reality behind the fantasy, he was almost certainly the first... although it's so hard to talk to him that no one has been able to get a definitive answer. Perhaps that's a small part of why he's so unwilling to talk all that much, but in the end, he's just a frustrated old squirrel who can't believe how ridiculous everyone else is, but loves them all anyway.

History:

- Lived about 1500 years ago in Sunglow, by the coast.
- basically stuck to himself
- actually has no connection to Malorin, so no one knows why he was drawn in when everyone else there seems to have known him.

notes -
- constantly has an itch behind one ear
- basically your grumpy older neighbor who says he doesn't like you but still gives you a christmas present every year

the four together.

dearfellowtraveler
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:24 pm

ahh tysm for Cronan & Koria! i really liked weegeestar5's entries and it did get me adding more to both Cronan and Jewls entries, which was great for really pushing character development! i had a lot of fun this round, even though i did run out of time for my other 3 entries.

weegeestar5 may use the art and color-ins i did for Heatherlight/Jewl. ^^
if you wish you may use the traditional partner art i did with conan too, but thats up to you.

so i don't double post:

Username: q1q2q3q4
Name of Character: n/a
Breed: n/a
Species: Cat
Any Rules?:
- save image after adopting
- credit the designer (q1q2q3q4) and lineart artist (Cerulean Wake)
Credit (Design, LA, etc.):
design by q1q2q3q4
lines by Cerulean Wake
resize of lineart & eyes/nose ref by I Like Bees
Donatingyays
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fudge » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Username: Fudge
Name of Character: n/a
Breed: n/a
Species: Cat
Any Rules?:
- Please credit Tealea if needed!
Credit (Design, LA, etc.):
Design by Fudge
Line edits by Marilu.
Original lines by Tealea
Donatingyays
Last edited by Fudge on Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:00 pm, edited 9000 times in total.
β™‘ melody | she/her | INTP | β™‘
~Keep calm and carry on~
sig credit!

Image Image Image
Fudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DCAC | free characters | open - CODE DROP!

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 pm

@q1q2q3q4 and @Fudge - thank you both for the donations! I'll add the characters up right now <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups