DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 am

If no one has any opinions on this I'll have the code drop be in a week for those who have completed forms and have been waiting several months.

Sunlitsecrets wrote:Hey all! Now that a few of you are here, we need to talk about a code drop date.

I know that it’s been some time since the last code drop occurred - I was hoping to do one as soon as possible to get the characters to those of you who’ve been waiting a long while, but I also see a large number of work in progress forms, so I know some of you may want a bit more time.

Would you all prefer the code drop to be in a week? Two weeks? Let me know your thoughts.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amamile » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 am

Username: amamile
Name of Character: Magnus
Breed: husky
Species: canine
Any Rules?:
- none!
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): me
Donatingyays
ama . adult . she/her
i come back to visit now n then
thsig art credit
amamile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:03 am

amamile wrote:Image
Username: amamile
Name of Character: Magnus
Breed: husky
Species: canine
Any Rules?:
- none!
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): me
Donatingyays

thank you so much! Added your donation to the kennels <3
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:18 am

Code drop is officially on the 21st!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:24 am

and i will swallow my pride
you're the one that i love
and i'm saying goodbye
Username: weegeestar5
Kennel Number: #112
Use: I would like to use them as a character! I saw them before in DCAC, and really liked their design - but didn't have much of an idea of exactly what group of OC's i'd put them with. Then, it occurred to me - I could make them be a part of an already established group of OCs of mine known as the "Luna Tribe", and their design honestly fits really well for that group! So, I would use them as a character in the already mentioned group, meaning they'd have plenty of relationships to develop. I also know i'll enjoy getting them art and drawing them, when i'm able to do so! I don't write as often as I used to, but when I do, i'd really like to expand on his story more - the personality I've developed for him makes him an interesting character for a first person narrative story.

Name: Cera [seh-rah ; derived from "cerasus" which is latin for cherry]
Species and/or Breed: werewolf

Personality:
Cera is not the most modest werewolf you could come across. In fact, he's quite the opposite. He is often incredibly arrogant, portraying himself as virtually flawless. Whenever something he does is correct, he will certainly flaunt it for weeks to come. If he does something that doesn't work, he will blame it on absolutely all outside factors aside from himself. However, if you go against his arrogance, he will not yell at you; just merely glare at you from afar. Cera is relatively calm and rarely gets visibly angry or upset. It isn't that nothing angers him or upsets him - he just manages it to hide it very well. By keeping calm, Cera is able to assess situations with greater ease - undoubtedly an advantage when he lives in a place where they fight for survival. Although within a group community, Cera is rather independent and, tying into his arrogance, would much rather not seek help from others for any tasks - even if he logically knows he should. Cera prides himself in his ability to act independently, and often gets frustrated at being stuck in group activities with more senior hunters and fighters. He does not like to be looked down upon because of his relatively young age, and will often go out to do activities by himself to prove his own strength (although, not telling anyone where he went gets him caught in a whole lot of trouble). Unsurprisingly, Cera is a stubborn individual who often refuses to change his stance on anything unless someone he respects persuades him. He believes that his plans are always correct, although is not foolish enough to try to do them by himself. His stubbornness is usually shown by going against the other option in a subtle manner, rather than by brute force or yelling. Cera is certainly intelligent, and has a very good memory alongside this. He enjoys thinking outside of the box to come up with more creative solutions or to apply knowledge in a different way to figure out a solution to an issue. He is sometimes asked for his opinion on how to deal with certain situations, although not as often as he'd like (due to his inexperience and stubbornness). Aside from his intelligence, he is also sought out for his opinions on things due to his realist nature (aside from when speaking about himself). Cera does not see the point in being optimistic - often believing it to be rather foolish to not taking things realistically. In fact, Cera often thinks of the worst outcomes above all else, so he knows what is at stake and what they do, truly, need to avoid. Despite how Cera appears to only care for himself, he actually does genuinely care for the well-being of the group - they are who he has grown up with, who have comforted him, and who have cared for him. As independent is he is, he still carries a deep loyalty towards the group and will fight harshly to defend it. That said, Cera does tend to be somewhat secretive and can, and does, lie about how he is feeling. He never truly gives anything away about himself. He is often detached from others, almost isolating himself from the group that he loves for, despite how strong he acts, he has a profound fear of losing those that he is close to. He protects himself from future heartbreak by not allowing himself to get close to anyone new, in fear he will lose them. A result of this is that he will often bottle up his emotions; for he suspects that showing his true self, his true nature to people will lead to him forming close relationships - and to him losing them some day. However, even he fails to realise that he is an extremely vulnerable individual, and that he does need some company. As smart as he is, he cannot recognise his own flaws.
History:
Cera was born into a group known as "Luna Tribe", which is explained in more detail below. He was bought up in a way that was relatively average; being the single child between his parents, they deeply adored him and made sure he always knew he was well-cared for. During his training, he noticed Dayvo would begin to challenge him to prove himself - not in a hostile way, but in a teasing way. At first, this heavily irritated Cera, but as time went on, he began to respect the other werewolf for challenging his prickly nature. As a result, he eventually formed a friendship with Dayvo; the two would tease one another and challenge one another. Eventually, the two also started to have long talks about their feelings and the ways of the world; sneaking out of the clearing at the middle of the night to have long discussions whilst the moon was high in the sky. It then occurred to Cera that his feelings for Dayvo were romantic and, being as confident as he is, admitted his feelings with ease. Dayvo laughed good-naturedly at his confident confession, and did agree to start dating him. Towards the end of Cera's training, he also became close to a spunky werewolf named Fores; who was always energetic and friendly towards him. The two quickly became good friends, with Fores making an uncountable amount of sassy remarks towards Cera. Cera graduated his training when he was 17 years old, with notably good skills in hunting.

However, in the Luna tribe, every day is a fight for survival, and peace does not last for very long. As winter came around, the Solar tribe were getting agitated - they were finding less and less food in their own territory; even accusing the Luna tribe of somehow tampering with their prey. This created a very tense atmosphere between the two, which means that if a fight was to occur - it would definitely have terrible outcomes. The Solar tribe expanded their territory into the Luna tribe's territory, stating that as they had more young at the time, they needed this territory. Naturally, the Luna tribe was outraged at this; although their leader did give them a chance to return the land peacefully, but this did not work. A huge fight broke out between the two tribes, in which Cera, Dayvo and Fores took part in; eager to show their newly polished skills.

Within the fight, Cera was wounded, but not heavily. He was unaware of the situations occurring around him; feeling proud of his achievements. He turned around quickly to tell Dayvo his achievements, but saw that he was being carried away to the healer den. He tried to nudge Dayvo awake, and, upon this not working, he became frantic. Eventually Dayvo did awaken, but this did not last for very long. Cera stayed with Dayvo the whole night; not leaving despite the healer's trainee, Shaii, gently encouraging him to go to the other den and sleep there. Cera woke up that morning. Dayvo did not. Cera was greatly affected by this loss; refusing to believe it at first, and becoming angry at anyone who tried to comfort him; telling everyone that this was simply just a bad dream. That he'd wake up soon from Dayvo prodding at his side, saying, "get up, lazy bones. We're going hunting." As the days went on, it became increasingly obvious that this was not a dream, but it was reality. Cera refused to talk to anyone, not even to his best friend, and would often sit by himself at the places he and Dayvo used to go when the moon was high in the sky.

To this day, Cera generally still refuses to get close to others, and still heavily grieves for the loss of Dayvo. However, day by day, he is becoming more talkative, but it is clear he does not want to fall in love with another individual for a long time. Him and Fores became almost as close as they once were, and can often be seen hanging out together.

World overview:
The Luna Tribe is in a secluded forest - hidden from people by it's magical properties. This tribe thrives on a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and every day is work to survive. Everyone has to contribute in some way - whether this be by hunting, patrolling, watching over the young, passing on their knowledge, and many other different things. Within the Luna tribe, there is a hierarchy present in order to ensure order in the tribe - the leader, whom often has the final say in decisions, as well as her second-in command. The Luna tribe comprises entirely of werewolves, who often hunt large prey animals such as deer to survive, and they always make sure everyone gets their share of their food. Within the Luna tribe, they have a tradition of painting markings onto the fur of their wolf forms using crushed up berries and flowers. This developed as a bonding tradition, where those particularly close to one another would renew each other's paint every half-moon. The original design and colour of the paint is chosen by the parents of the child; using markings of the ones the parents are closest to. However, they do not live their lives in complete peace. They have a strong rivalry with another tribe who lives across a river from them - the Solar tribe. This rivalry has led to many, many battles over the years - the differences between the two groups too strong to be forgotten.

Every other generation, a newly graduated werewolf of the Luna tribe is selected to journey into the human world - to learn if they are a threat to the tribe - and these werewolves may never return to live amongst them, only to visit; as they believe their god, luna, selected this individual for a purpose. Cera himself was not selected, but someone who he had trained with - Kyale - was. Through this, the Luna tribe is also able to wear human clothes, which are often better at keeping individuals warm/cool/dry/etc., which is the reason for the clothes seen on Cera's humanoid design.
Extra:
humanoid design; lines by me, design by me
--
-> story
-> art
-> relationships
Notherround

finished the main form, maybe i'll have time to do some extras, maybe I wont; not sure haha
Last edited by weegeestar5 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recklessgod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 am

Username: recklessgod
Kennel Number: Kennel 55
Species and/or Breed: Wolf/Canine
Use: Salil will be going into one of my stories, probably with Sammy, tbh. I dont know if they'll be mates or best friends yet.
Name: Salil (Indian, means water)
Personality: He is very calm, and somewhat cold. He adores music and loves to sleep. He's usually found around the water, loving to swim or sit and watch it pass by. He believes water is a healing substance and can often be found somewhere around it. He made his home near a river. His friends believe he takes after water, always going with the flow. He can be calm, or aggressive, even lazy. No one seems to ever know what he'll be until he wakes up
History: Salil spent most of his time alone. He's never been a huge fan of being around a lot of animals, friends or not. And when he is, he tends to take breaks by the water. He doesn't know it, but he has a connection with water thats more than a love for it. He has slight abilities to control it, unknowingly. He left his family not long after he was old enough to do so, not really fitting in with them. He made his home in an old hollowed out tree not far from a river, and lives there happily. He spends his days lounging, hunting, and sleeping, sometimes wandering away to see what he can find.
Extra(s): n/a
Notherround
recklessgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honorchior » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Username: Honorchior
Kennel Number: 18
Species and/or Breed: Dog
Use: I am a collector of cute things. When I get stressed, I have this wall in my room with many cute things on it! I would love to add this on there and I tend to write short stories so I may write one with him in it!
Name: Chase
Personality: Chase is a friendly dog who enjoys meeting new people and creatures! He loves running up to friendly looking strangers and giving them a kiss or rubbing his head against them. He also is a great judge of character. He is able to know if a person is telling the truth, lying, a good person, a bad person, or if they are hiding something just by watching them for a few moments. Even if he knows a person is bad, he tries out being out the best in everyone, so he tries to help them be good.
History: Chase was born as a single pup in his litter. His mother and father had never had pups before, and although they wanted pups, raising Chase was extremely hard for them. Chase loved talking to strangers, and always found good new friends, but there were certain strangers he would shy away from. Soon, Chase's parents started trusting Chase's judgement more then they trusted their own when it came to other people. By the time Chase was four months old, he was beginning to show interest in finding ways to help people. He found the best way was to be nice. He began being nice to everyone, even if he got a bad feeling from them. At just 5 months, he and a few of his friends created the BFTA Club (Be Friendly To All Club). Their goal is to stop bullying and to help people be friends. He loves to meet new people and help people become great people that he sees they can be.
Extra(s):
How BFTA Club was formed:
"Did you hear?" One of Chase's friends, Andrew, whispered to him when the teacher's back was turned. It was Math class, and the teacher was giving the class the 12 example of the same thing but with different numbers.
"Here what?" Chase asked. Although Chase didn't like gossip all that much, anything was better then watching the teacher give a 13th example of the same thing, with just different numbers.
"About Leah?" Andrew said as if that should remind Chase.
"Leah? The new girl?" Chase asked.
"Yeah, her, well remember how Tomas asked her out Friday and she said no?"
"Yeah, I remember." Chase was there when it happened. Tomas was steamed.
"Yeah well, Leah broke her paw today at lunch, she won't talk about it, but..." the rest of the sentence was implied, Tomas did it. "Thing is, Tomas was at an extra practice with the football coach."
"His friends are so annoying! I can't believe they hurt her!" Chase said.
"No kidding. But there is nothing we can really do, right?"
"Well..."
"Oh you have a plan? I love it when you have a plan!"
-------------
"So an anti-bulling squad that helps bully victims?" Andrew asked.
"I like it." Another of Chase's friends, Tyler, said.
"Yeah, but what would we call it?" Andrew's twin sister, Ashely asked.
"How about... BFTA club, Be Friendly To All Club?" Chase asked.
"I like it!" Ashely exclaimed.
"We will be the founding members!" Tylet said happily.
"Alright, I first Chase as BFTA club president!" Andrew said.
"I second!" Ashely said.
"Anyone opposed?" Andrew asked. "Congrats Chase!"
"Thanks guys! First order of business, I would like to invite Leah to be part of the club." Chase said happily. Everyone nodded in agreement. Everyone laughed happily, glad to finally be doing something to fight against bullying.
Notherround
Fight Cancer wrote:Image
My PH
Honorchior wrote:Hello, I am working on building an
army to fight cancer. Both of my
grandparents on my dad's side
died of cancer and I have a few
friends who are fighting cancer right
now, Please help me reach my goal.
I am in need of Chicken Dollars
for armor, and pets of the same
colors of cancer awareness ribbons.
If you have any, please trade them to
me! Thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gift a lot of people especially my brother Webedfoot, my best IRL friend Huskyofjoy, and my online friend, Fallen_Angels. Please do not ban any of us!

✞I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
Honorchior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honorchior » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:33 am

Username: Honorchior
Kennel Number: 25
Species and/or Breed: Dog
Use: I also wish to add her to my wall of cute things and I think it would be cute to write a story about dogs the more I think about it!
Name: Melody
Personality: Melody is a music genius. She can play a huge variety of instruments, and she finds it easy to pick up a new musical instrument. She has a hard time expressing her feelings through words, but she can express it easily through music. She meets most of her friend through music, even if she has a hard time making close friends, and she pushes away at first. You must be very pacient to be good friends with her. Even if she isn't good at teaching, many people ask her to tutor them because she tends to be good at music and most subjects (except writing, as she has a hard time figuring out what words to use)
History: Her parents tell her she was born with a violin, and she actually believes that could be true. She had been playing violin since before she can remember. Music teachers were astounded by how fast she learned any musical instrument given to her. However, Melody always found it hard for her to talk to people. By the time she was ready for dog school, she had master violin, piano, guitar, flute, picalo, clarant, viola, and xylophone. Everything in school made sense except for writings based off of other things, (i.e. History, Books, Information, etc.) She also had a hard time being social. One day, Melody met a pup who could play violin and piano almost as well as Melody. The two became friends, and so far, every friend Melody made was through music. It didn't take long for people to start trying to cheat off of Melody, or get her "help" on their homework. However, Melody would help them, but not do it for them, and so people learned if they wanted free help, to go find it elsewhere if they didn't want to work.
Extra(s):
A short story:
"How was the lesson?" Melody's mother asked the violin instructor.
"Melody is the most talented pup I have ever met, and I once had the privilege or training quite the gifted few. Here, I'll show you." The teacher turned to Melody. "Hey hon, want to show Mom and Dad what you learned today?"
"Yes Mrs. Holland!" Melody exclaimed. Melody put her violin up and began to play the start of "How Far I'll Throw" from the hit movie "Pup-ana" about a dog who swam around the world to save her island with the help of a demidog called Mowoof.
"I see a bright musical future for you daughter, make sure she learns as many instruments as possible." The teacher said. The parents nodded, stunned by the beauty of how their daughter played, unable to speak a word.
"Thanks" Melody's father said. And that was the start of Melody's musical journey.
Notherround
Fight Cancer wrote:Image
My PH
Honorchior wrote:Hello, I am working on building an
army to fight cancer. Both of my
grandparents on my dad's side
died of cancer and I have a few
friends who are fighting cancer right
now, Please help me reach my goal.
I am in need of Chicken Dollars
for armor, and pets of the same
colors of cancer awareness ribbons.
If you have any, please trade them to
me! Thank you so much!

I gift a lot of people especially my brother Webedfoot, my best IRL friend Huskyofjoy, and my online friend, Fallen_Angels. Please do not ban any of us!

✞I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
Honorchior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm

here's some old character designs I made a while ago

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Name of Character: n/a
Breed: gator
Species: animate alligator plushie
Any Rules?:
- save the images after adopting!
- take good care of him <3
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): by me
Donatingyays

Name of Character: none yet
Species: I don't actually know. Some kind of fluffy, wingless dragon?
Any Rules?:
- tail is a flame
- save the images after adopting
- take good care of them!
Donatingyays

Name of Character: none yet
Species: feline
Any Rules?:
- save the images after adopting
- take good care of them!
Donatingyays
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceflurry » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:20 am

Username: IceFlurry
Kennel Number: 21
Species and/or Breed: Canine but i think i'll change it to feline.
Use: I'll most likely use him in role-plays.
Name: His current name is Ember but i might change it.
Age: It said N/A but i think he would be around a year old (in human years)
Personality: He is a loyal companion, great friend, and an adventurous spirit.
History: WIP
Extra(s): No

J
gh
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
gg
g

g
g
g
g
g
g
Last edited by iceflurry on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
i’m Fishlegs! he/him, trans & dragonkin
big spider-man fan!! talk to me about Harry Osborn >:3

trying to rejoin CS after a five-year absence!
iceflurry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me