โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Terrarium Pets! Announcement Pg 27

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Terrarium Pets! Announcement Pg 27

Postby chamomile. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 am

x
    x

ImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxImagexxxImage

โ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† โ†žโ† 

what's a tarragon? wrote:Tarragons, often called Tarras, are an extremely small artificially created species of felines. They were created to allow scientists to observe genetic mutations, because of the Tarragonsโ€™ variability from generation to generation. It can be difficult to conduct studies on these creatures sometimes, as even the slightest change in their environment can cause them to produce Tarras with different mutations!
Due to how easily to care for they are and how well they manage pests, many gardeners have taken to letting them live in their gardens, and even creating terrariums for them to live in. Many scientists will happily give out Tarras to gardeners, provided that the gardener observes how they genetically mutate between generations and sends back their data.

Tarragon Terrariums are a custom made adoptable pixel species with an emphasis on community and growth as artists and writers. Genetics, while simplified, play a large part in this species, along with RPG elements. When you join, you become a "researcher", and can adopt, trade, or buy tarragons and terrariums. You are rewarded for actively participating in the community, and these rewards can be spent to make custom terrariums. You can choose if you want to play this game simple, just adopting terrariums when they come out and enjoying them, or you can choose to go further and get into discovering their genetics through breeding, leveling up, and finding legendary traits. Each tarragon you get comes with both the small pixel of them in the terrarium, and a larger drawing like the one above so you can see what your little Tarras look like.
Last edited by chamomile. on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:57 am, edited 15 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Rules

โ†  Be polite and kind to both the staff and other researchers.

โ†ž You cannot make your own Tarragon Terrarium, they are a closed species.

โ†  Tarragons or their Terrariums cannot be sold or traded outside the species, whether it is for money, other characters, etc. A Tarragon or their Terrarium can be traded for other Tarragons or their Terrariums or Tarragon related items, including leaves.

โ†ž Please do not whine or repeatedly bump threads. There are a lot of parts to Tarragon Terrariums, and it can take the staff a bit of time to get things done. If you think you have been forgotten, please PM a member of the staff politely.

โ†  You may not edit Terrariums and claim them to be real. You also may not make unauthorized edits to your tarragons.

โ†ž Do not minimod threads, even if you think you know the answer. Please just allow the staff to answer questions to avoid unneeded confusion. If you feel someone is breaking Tarragon rules, send a message to one of the staff so they can handle it.

โ†  Ask before taking Tarragons offsite, as credit could be lost in the transition.

โ†ž Always have your Tarragon Terrarium link back to this thread. Do not remove the link we include in the code when you get a Tarragon.

โ†  Do not take another person's Terrarium or Tarragon, it is considered art theft. If you don't have a Tarra but want to write about one to gain leaves, you may use our mascot Matti.

โ†ž You may own up to 30 Tarragons currently. You may own the same amount of Terrariums.

โ†  Kits can be "grown" (moved from their nursery to a terrarium) 1 week after they were posted.

โ†ž There is a 1 week cooldown after trading you must wait before trading again. You must post trades here for them to be official.

โ†  There is a 3 day cooldown after moving Tarragons around in terrariums or changing the layout of terrariums. You must post here to move Tarragons or changing layouts. You must wait for a slot to be open to post these.

โ†ž You must fill out the "I want to be a researcher!" form before any others.

โ†ž Tarragons can be any sexuality and breed with any gender. They can breed with different Tarragons for each of their breedings.

โ†  You must wait 1 week from a breeding ticket being accepted to breed again.

โ†ž Each Tarragon can breed up to 4 times, and can produce up to 3 kits per breeding. You must wait 1 week after owning a Tarragon before you may breed it.

โ†  Everyone begins with one nursery box, that can hold up to 10 Tarragon kits that will live there until grown and moved into a terrarium.

โ†ž You may not breed Tarragons that are related, or Tarragons that are underage.

Last edited by chamomile. on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Open Adopts

Here you can adopt Tarragons and Terrariums for free! Just fill out the form under terrarium to try out for them. Be sure to fill out the "I want to be a researcher!" form below first (you can do so in the same post as you adopting) so that you can be added to the inventory. Even if you don't win one, you get leaves for participating! Forums that stand out get more leaves.
    click the terrarium to see a larger version, and click the icon of the Tarra to see it's fullbody reference!
    Please fill out the researcher form before posting to adopt.
Last edited by chamomile. on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 19 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Leaves

Postby chamomile. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 am

The currency in Tarragon Terrariums is leaves Image which can be gained from participating in adopts / the community, creating art / writing, giving ideas and helping out, playing games, and by buying with pets.
    Each person has their total leaves listed in their inventory. To get a slot created for you in the inventory, be sure to fill out the "I want to be a researcher!" form below.

To see what you can buy with your leaves, you can click here! Some items are level locked, which means you need to gain enough XP to level up to be able to buy them. You can gain more XP by participating in adopts / the community, creating art / writing, giving ideas and helping out, playing games, and by buying with pets. You can also gain XP by developing characters and learning new skills, even if it has nothing to do with Tarragons! Tarragon Terrariums encourages you to go learn new things, and create all those projects you have been putting off, and practice self-care. You can even gain XP by just talking in the Tarragon discord group! There will often be prompts for you to answer where you can gain XP and leaves from.

Note that releases count as their original date! So a 2009 rare released in 2012 counts as a 2009 rare.
    The CS pets to leaves conversion is as follows:
      2018 rare: 6 leaves
      2018 very rare: 15 leaves
      2017 rare: 10 leaves
      2017 very rare: 23 leaves
      2016 rare: 16 leaves
      2016 very rare: 35 leaves
      2015 rare: 22 leaves
      2015 very rare: 47 leaves
      2014 rare: 28 leaves
      2014 very rare: 60 leaves
      2013 rare: 35 leaves
      2013 very rare: 73 leaves
      2012 rare: 42 leaves
      2012 very rare: 88 leaves
      2011 rare: 50 leaves
      2011 very rare: 106 leaves
      2010 rare: 58 leaves
      2010 very rare: 123 leaves
      2009 rare: 68 leaves
      2009 very rare: 146 leaves
      2008 rare: 79 leaves
      2008 very rare: 166 leaves
      list pets vary case by case,
      pm chamomile. for info

Fill out this form and send it as the message to a trade to trade pets in for leaves! There is no cooldown for this, but please try to not send too many separate trades.
Code: Select all
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5SMmx0YldVZ2RHaGxJR3hsWVhabGN5RSwuMgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]username:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]total leaves value[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]
Last edited by chamomile. on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Breeding

Postby chamomile. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:07 am

A large part of Tarragon Terrariums is breeding! Tarragons are known for their genetics mutating heavily between generations, and can be affected by having different items in their terrariums. As a researcher, part of your goal is to find out how different items affect the genetics of Tarragons. If you discover the mutation an item causes, you will be informed of your discovery and will be credited for your contribution to science on the item catalog!

Tarragons use punnett squares to determine how genes will pass on to kits. There are dominant and recessive genes, along with some genes displaying co-dominance or incomplete dominance. Because part of the fun of Tarragons is discovering how the genetics work, only the owners of Tarragon Terrariums will know exactly how the genetics work. As people discover more, the whole community will get to learn about how it works!

To breed, you must either have two Tarragons or breed your Tarragon with another person's Tarragon, with their permission of course. Be sure to read the rules on breeding before posting a ticket. If your breeding ticket is accepted, work on the kits will begin. While most of their genetics are based on the kit's parents, each of the parent's terrariums will have an impact on the kit's genetics. You will recieve both a pixel version in your nursery box, and a larger drawing of them so you can see what they look like. You will be informed of their exact genetics, so you know what possibly rare genes they are carrying!

Breedings are not open all the time, you must wait for breeding slots to open. There will be a post here to inform everyone that breeding slots are open. If you want, you can PM to ask to be put on the Tarragon notification list, which means that whenever a breeding slot opens you will be PMed to let you know.

Fill out this form and post it when a breeding slot is open. There is a 1 week cooldown between breeding.
    [list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5hR0Z1WkNCdmRtVnlJSFJvWlNCcmFYUnpJUSwsLjIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
    [color=#ADB0D3][b]owners:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
    [color=#ADB0D3][b]screenshot of agreement to breed:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
    [color=#ADB0D3][b]parent 1 official post:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
    [color=#ADB0D3][b]parent 2 official post:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
    [color=#ADB0D3][b]items using:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
    [color=#ADB0D3][b]last breeding for each owner:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
    [color=#ADB0D3][b]previous batches:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]

Closed

Closed

closed
Last edited by chamomile. on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:05 am, edited 13 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Activities

Postby chamomile. » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Here are the activities you can participate in! Make sure to read what the cooldown for each one is, listed above each form. Be sure to fill out the "I want to be a researcher!" form first, so you can be added to the inventory and officially become a member of the community.

fill out this form and post it to be added to the inventory! You only ever need to post this once.
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5TU0IzWVc1MElIUnZJR0psSUdFZ2NtVnpaV0Z5WTJobGNpRSwuMgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]tell us one thing about yourself!:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]

Fill out this form and post it to explore! When you explore, you have the chance of finding leaves, items, and even whole terrariums! You may explore after a 3 day cooldown.
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5TU0IzWVc1MElIUnZJR1Y0Y0d4dmNtVWguMgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]date of last time you explored:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]

Fill out this form and post it if you made art, whether that's a drawing, writing, or something else! Please remember that if the art is regarding Tarragons or their terrariums you will get XP and leaves, but if it is of something unrelated you will only get XP. If your writing is long or the image is big please link it, so it doesn't fill up the thread. You may only post one of these forms after a 1 week cooldown, but may include multiple things in your form (for example, you could link to 3 drawings you made, and some writing you did).
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5TU0J0WVdSbElHRnlkQ0UsLjIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]the art:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]

Fill out this form and post it below if you want to buy something with leaves from the item catalog! You can post to buy things after a 2 day cooldown, however you can buy multiple things with one form (for example, you could buy a bottle, grass, and some plants all at once). Be sure that you are at the correct level or higher to purchase the items! You can check your level in the inventory.
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5VMmh2Y0hCcGJtY2dkR2x0WlNFLC4yAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]items you are buying:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]total leaves cost:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]are you the right level to buy these?:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]

You must wait for a slot to be open to post these. Slots will be posted to be opened by Chamomile.
Slots are currently: closed

Fill out this form and post it below to try to get a Tarragon with traits relating to the items inside to find a home in one of your terrariums! You must own a terrarium with an open slot for a Tarragon to come to it. There is a chance no Tarragon will come to you that day, so don't give up hope if no one comes!
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5jMlYwZEdsdVp5QnZkWFFnWVNCMFpYSnlZWEpwZFcwaC4yAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]link to the terrarium's official post:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]the terrarium's ID:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]

You must wait for a slot to be open to post these. Slots will be posted to be opened by Chamomile.
Slots are currently: closed

Fill out this form and post it below to add / remove items from your terrarium or move Tarragons. Tarragons have to have a terrarium they are going into if you are moving them. You can move multiple things in one spring cleaning post (for example, you could add two mushrooms to a terrarium from your inventory, move two plants from one terrarium to another, and swap the location of two tarragons). This is also what you use to build a terrarium.
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5VM0J5YVc1bklFTnNaV0Z1YVc1bklRLCwuMgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]what items / Tarras and where are they currently:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]where are they going?:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]

Fill out this forum and post it below to trade or gift Tarragons, terrariums, or items. There is a 1 week cool down between trading. Gifting has no cooldown.
[list][list][img]https://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjM2LjNhMzEyYy5WR2x0WlNCMGJ5QlVjbUZrWlNFLC4yAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.blockletter.png[/img][/list]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]username 1:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]user 1 giving:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]username 2:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]user 2 giving:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color]
[color=#ADB0D3][b]screenshot of agreement:[/b][/color] [color=#432523](answer)[/color][/list]
Last edited by chamomile. on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:05 am, edited 12 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Staff

Postby chamomile. » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 pm

x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
chamomile.
โ†  owner โ†ž
does a bit of
everything
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
Feel free to PM questions anytime!
I'm always happy to help out
my thoughts on tarras
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x

x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
mischievous.
โ†  tech โ†ž
behind the
scenes, a very
good boy
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
Open to be PMed for help!
"one time my cat bit my nose
and i'll never be the same again"
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x

x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
.ss.
โ†  mod โ†ž
helps with
general work
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
hey i'm arin or red, i help out
with explorations, moderating, etc
and am active usually 25/6
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x

x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
Killawolf17
โ†  mod โ†ž
helps with
general work
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
My PMs are open if you ever need
something! I'm usually pretty quick
to respond.
Unless lightning strikes my house,
then ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
x โ†ž x
x โ†  x
Last edited by chamomile. on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Terrarium Pets! WIP DNP

Postby chamomile. » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 pm

saving
๐Ÿ”ฅ rowan/cham/tripp ๐Ÿ”ช he/him ๐Ÿ”ช not coming back ๐Ÿ”ฅ
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข
You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

โ€ข
โ€ข
โ€ข
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: โ†  ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฎ๐‘ถ๐‘ต โ†ž Terrarium Pets! WIP

Postby chamomile. » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 pm

saving, you may mark but Tarragons are not officially open yet, I've got a bit more work to do! ^^
๐Ÿ”ฅ rowan/cham/tripp ๐Ÿ”ช he/him ๐Ÿ”ช not coming back ๐Ÿ”ฅ
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข
You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

โ€ข
โ€ข
โ€ข
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist