Chiryuu Adopts V2 [Hiatus, 14.10.23 Announcement on pg 224]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Chiryuu Adopts V2 [Semi-hiatus, Announcement on pg 223]

Postby Luca-Soulishan » Thu May 27, 2021 7:27 am

Been updating the archive in my free time, let me know if anything needs to be fixed so far and I will continue working on the archive when I can.
Luca-Soulishan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chiryuu Adopts V2 [Hiatus, Announcement on pg 223]

Postby Tindraake » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Announcement!

It's... been a while again.
It's been a wild year year for me and I haven't had time, interest or energy to work on anything Chiryuu related, and to be honest, it most likely isn't going to get easier.
What I'm saying is, I'm not sure I'll be able to run Chiryuus the same way I used to.

I'm still not entirely sure how to about the species in the future. I've been considering everything from giving the species to someone else (which is unlikely because I get way too attached to things I've made), making them an open species (which may be complicated because of people having bought custom orbs etc), and at some point starting to run them again but in a less active format (most likely), I've even considered making them a semi-open species (Chiryuus with very common-uncommon mutations being free to make while ones with very uncommon+ ones would have to be adopted).
If any of you happen to read this, please tell me your opinion and suggestion on what you think would be a good way to continue with Chiryuus.

(I've also been considering removing the 'rehoming Chiryuus after the owner has been inactive for 2+ years' rule, because I feel bad taking them back from people :'D )

That would be all for now, stay safe and be nice. <3

"i Amn just........... a litle creacher. Thatse It . I Canot change this"

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Dividers by me. Do not use without permission!
Tindraake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axeljohnson16 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:27 pm

I want to adopt a Chiryuu!
Username: axeljohnson16
Litter number: 1
Chiryuu ID: 996
Chiryuu name: Eli
Chiryuu gender: Male
Codeword: Festive
Other: Im sorry ive been inactive for a while, life got in the way but im back and these Chiryuu are absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
axeljohnson16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marinac.05 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:26 am

I want to adopt a Chiryuu!
Username: marinac.05
Litter number: 1
Chiryuu ID: 996
Chiryuu name: Frosty
Chiryuu gender: Male
Codeword: Festive
Other: Im new to this community so im really exited!
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImage

[color=#BF80FF][center]
marinac.05

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Promise » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:11 am

i wonder if this will wake up one day.. i miss designing them as a artist!
Image as You.
────────────────────────────
Th
(Icon Credit)
(Coding Credit)
────────────────────────────
The Promise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tindraake » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:10 am

Important announcement!

Hello everyone. It has been a while.
I've been thinking about resurrecting Chiryuus for a while now, and I'm taking small steps towards that, however the harsh truth is, I cannot handle the update speed that I used to have, so when it does happen, the pace for litters and other things is going to be much slower.
There's also most likely going to be other big changes, probably not towards the exciting, but ultimately necessary if Chiryuu Adopts is going to stay up.
This includes massive scaleback on events, or removing them more or less entirely, at least in their old format.

I've also been playing around with the idea of making Chiryuus partially an Open Species. And at the moment, what feels right to me is making the Normal and Normal PPS Chiryuus with no- or common mutations open variants once V3 opens (please don't make any ahead of time). Accessories or line edits not allowed, at the moment. That leaves the issue of what to do with Custom Orb 1s. I feel turning those into items that allow you to make an open variant with accessories/line edits.
What do you all think?

Also, how are ya'll feeling about the lines? Should the pose(s) stay the same, or should I change them up? They're going to be updated regardless.

As for any staff that may still be interested in working on Chiryuus in the future, please PM. I don't have new lines or anything to provide you yet, but I mostly want to see if this will be back to a one-person-show for now or not and whatnot.
In the meantime, have a rough Chiryuu sketch.

Image Image Image Image

Tindraake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chiryuu Adopts V2 [Hiatus, 14.10.23 Announcement on pg 2

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:42 am

Hey, long time no see, Tindraake! Good to see you back.

I think changing up the pose for the lines would be neat. In your sketch, I like how dynamic the Chiryuu appears because of the perception of movement in the legs. The new posture for the tail is also great.

With regards to the partially Open Species, I'd be unable to make any, so I'm not sure how that should be handled. But going forward, I'd still be happy to use my Mystic for ordering customs however possible.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chiryuu Adopts V2 [Hiatus, 14.10.23 Announcement on pg 2

Postby Tindraake » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:58 pm

Papilio Ulysses wrote:Hey, long time no see, Tindraake! Good to see you back.

I think changing up the pose for the lines would be neat. In your sketch, I like how dynamic the Chiryuu appears because of the perception of movement in the legs. The new posture for the tail is also great.

With regards to the partially Open Species, I'd be unable to make any, so I'm not sure how that should be handled. But going forward, I'd still be happy to use my Mystic for ordering customs however possible.

Hello, hello! Sorry for taking... 3 months... to reply. :'D

I wanted to keep the direction the Chiryuu is going and facing the same, but I felt a more interesting pose could be good compared to the old one. c:

Yeah, at this point I've honestly considered making Chiryuus a technically entirely open species, but keeping the thread/community here as it's own thing. That would enable people to both be able to make their own without limitations, but also let people who enjoy the old format and/or don't want to/can't make their own to still have some fun with them. c:
For the sake of my and any other staffs' sanity, only Chiryuus received through 'official' means (aka, this thread, more or less) would be able to be used for things on this thread and other 'official' stuff.

As for why I want to turn Chiryuus into a Technically Open Species is that 1. It puts less pressure on me to keep the species alive and 2. I've come to realize how, to be completely blunt, stupid of a concept Closed Species are, especially when they're just a slightly different version of an animal that exists IRL or a combination. I value artistic freedom above a lot of things, so the idea of someone being "locked out" of making a character that looks a certain way just because there's a closed species that looks like that is... eghh... this is definitely more of an issue with ones that you can only really acquire with real money, but yeah.

This turned into an entire rant, but I wanted to make my motivation and thoughts on why I'm changing things up so much clear. c:

I hope to see you around when Chiryuu Adopts V3 finally rolls around. I have had a bunch of other personal projects I've been working on, and am still working on, so I haven't made much progress yet-

Image Image Image Image

Tindraake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me