Bear Run Equestrian Information Center

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Bear Run Equestrian Information Center

Postby Half Tree » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:59 am

Everything is undergoing major updates, information listed here may no longer be accurate!

Please do not post

This topic will be used to keep track of additional information for the Bear Run Equestrian Center.
If you can think of some information you would like a post about here, PM me and I will add it to my list!

> Navigation <
Coat rarities
Earning Customs
Chimeric Information
Adoption & Re-Adoption
Becoming a GA
Regarding Mental Illness
Companion Animals
Creating a Barn
Breeding
Last edited by Half Tree on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:44 am, edited 14 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coat Color Rarities

Postby Half Tree » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:05 am

moot
Last edited by Half Tree on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:21 am, edited 11 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Earning Customs

How To Earn a Custom
There are several different ways you can earn a custom.

- Artists Streams: Artists will link to their streams on the fanclub, and let everyone know if they are offering customs.
- Custom Adoptables: These are run similar to regular adopts, but you choose what they look like!
- The Challenge Center: By doing art and writing, you can earn points and buy customs.

Once I get a custom voucher, what do I do with it?
Generally, all customs that are up for offers are given by artists individually. They will give you instructions on how to receive that custom by providing a form for you to fill out. However, if you get a voucher via the Challenge Center, you will be be assigned an available artist, who will then send you a form to fill out.

Can I gift/sell/trade my custom voucher?
Gifting/trading custom vouchers is perfectly fine, however you may never sell them for currency of any kind.

How do I trade or gift my custom voucher?
In order to successfully and officially trade or gift your voucher, you will need to PM me the following form:
> Gift <
Code: Select all
[b]Username 1:[/b] (person gifting voucher)
[b]Username 2:[/b] (person receiving voucher)

> Trade <
[b]Username 1:[/b]
[b]Username 2:[/b]

[b]User 1 Items:[/b]
[b]User 2 Items:[/b]

Someone gifted me a custom, but I've reached my custom limit.
That's okay! You can save it and wait until you can order a custom again, or, have it made and adopted out!
Last edited by sprig on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chimeric Information

Chimerics
General Infornation
In real life chimerics are horses that have two sets of DNA for color. This is caused by fraternal twins fusing in the womb and resulting in one horse that has multiple coat colors. Here at bear run chimerics are a little different. We have themed chimerics, some that are more akin to those that occur in real life (with just 2-3 coat colors) and then we have what we call gene bombs, where the horse will have multiple coat colors and/or markings such as brindling, bird catcher spots, etc.

Breeding a Chimeric
In order to get a chimeric foal, at least one of the parents will need to be chimeric, or you will need a chimeric breeding item. With two chimeric parents, the possibility for a chimeric foal is slightly greater. When you send in your breeding, the artist will roll with a marble generator for whether the foal will receive chimeric from it's parents. (with the breeding item a roll isn't done, it's guaranteed. This item can be used with or without chimeric parents, and the foal will be chimeric.) There are 5 red marbles and 5 green marbles as a base. Then, depending on the number of chimeric parents, 1 or 2 blue marbles are added. The artist will then roll the marbles, and if a blue is chosen, your foal will be chimeric! If either a red or green marble is drawn, it will be a negative roll.

Chimeric Customs:
Chimeric customs can only be purchased through the challenge center. These are the most expensive items available, so you'll need to save up pretty hard. There are currently only 2 available to buy each month. When you achieve enough points and buy one, you will be assigned an artist that is available to do a chimeric custom. They will treat it like a normal custom and send you a form to fill out, however the finished design must be approved by me (vintage rose) before being officially posted.
Last edited by sprig on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoption and Re-Adoption

Postby Half Tree » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 am

Adoption & Re-Adoption
Adoption
Adoption at Bear Run is a fairly simple affair. Artists will post a form for you to fill out in order to have a chance at winning an adoptable. Some of them are FCFS (first come first serve), and others will be things like finding a picture of something, giving the horse a personality, decorating your form, etc.

The artist will choose a winner based on those who filled the form out correctly, and which one they liked best. Unless it is an adopt that specifically asks for extras like art, fancy forms, writing, etc. we prefer that if you do any editing of the form that it is only minor things like centering or listing and coloring the text.

Filling Out an Adoption Form
All forms will include some basic info, and will look something like this:

Username:
Name:

Some artists do theirs a bit differently, or the horse will already have a gender, it just depends on the artist. Filling out the information is fairly self explanatory, but here's a bit more about some of the pieces of the form:

Show name: Some artists will have an optional spot for a show name (you may include one even if the form just says 'name', just separate your show name and barn name like so "Taming the Dream // Captive" or "Taming the Dream || Captive" or something along those lines) A show name tends to be a longer name that may be a bit odd in some cases, and the call or barn name is what you would call the horse as a nick name of sorts.

Gender: Be sure to check that the artist hasn't already given the horse a gender. If the 'gender' section if the form is blank, then you may decide if the horse is a Stallion (male) or Mare (female). In the case of breedings, the owner always gets to decide the gender.

Halter color: Once the horse has an owner, it will receive a halter. You may choose the color(s) and pattern of the halter, but keep in mind that it is a small space to work with so we won't be able to do detailed pictures on it. Good pattern ideas are things like stripes, plaid, small images like flower petals or snow flakes, etc. Sometimes an artist might add a bit more based on the ideas you give them, such as adding a charm of some kind, but this is not usually the case. If you want an idea of the kind of halters artists can do, I encourage you to look through the horses that already have halters on them and see what colors and patterns they have.

Re-Adoption
Sometimes an owner no longer feels a connection with one of their tolters and they wish to give them to a new home. This can be done pretty easily. All the owner has to do is either pick someone they wish to gift the Tolter to and PM them to see if they would like to own it, or they can post in the fanclub and have interested people pm them that includes any information that the original owner wants to see from the new owner, be it something like giving the Tolter a personality, saying what they'll be using the Tolter for, etc. Once a new owner is chosen, the original owner needs to pm an archivist if the horse is already listed in the archive (we're working on a new archive, so not all of the horses are listed yet), or post on the horse's adoption page letting the artist know that ownership has been transferred and who it has been transferred to.

We will soon be setting up a re-adoption thread for people to post in instead of the fanclub!
Last edited by sprig on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Guest Artists

Postby Half Tree » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 am

Guest Artists
GA Applications are Closed
(Beware, long post ahead!)
Are you interested in becoming a Guest Artist for Bear Run? Near the end of each month, I will open up my inbox for some GA forms, and will choose 3-5 to become Guest Artists for the upcoming month. If you're interested, please read everything below! Or, even if you aren't planning on trying out, being familiar with the process and rules could be helpful!

Becoming a GA
Every month, (29-31 day period, depending on the month) 3-5 GAs will be selected, and allowed to create some adoptables for BR! In order to become a GA, you must be eligible according to the following terms:
- You were not a GA for the previous month
- You have basic knowledge of coat color/pattern names and looks
- You are able to make at least 2 designs a week during your term
- You are able to comply to simple rules and instructions
- You are easy to get in contact with, should the need arise
- You are able to use Oekaki and know your way around it well
(More will be added as I think on it)

If you are eligible, then you're a step closer to a GA term! Next, you will need to fill out the following form and PM it to vintage rose:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Do you agree to follow Bear Run's rules and guidelines?[/b]
[b]Are you familiar with Oekaki and how to use the layers and lock alpha features?:[/b]
[b]Any past experience with adoptables? Please link:[/b]
[b]Are you familiar with equine genetics?:[/b]
[b]If you're not, are you willing to learn?:[/b]
[b]Please provide some examples of your work:[/b] (as many as you would like!)
[b]Would you be interested in a full-time position, if offered?:[/b]

Once you've applied, it can take a few days before I officially decide who to hire. If you're hired, you will receive a congratulatory PM, as well as instructions on what to do next.

Guest Artist Terms and Conditions
Just like any other artist, GAs have a few terms and conditions they need to comply with. But along with those, come some great perks as well!

Guest Artists can create a total of 10 adopts during their time as a GA, and up to 5 breedings. If any breedings are left uncompleted they will not be considered as a GA again, and will not be allowed to try for any tolters until they are completed. If you are unable to complete them due to emergency reasons or you want to discuss the reason with me I am more than happy to listen and negotiate!

You can be a guest artist more than once, but you cannot serve two consecutive terms. For example, if you win May's Guest Artist spot, you cannot apply again until July. In order to be a GA you must follow all of Bear Run's rules and you must be respectful to myself and other staff members. I have the right to terminate any GA at any point during their term.

For your examples of your work you are allowed to use lines from the editable Oekaki to show off your knowledge of horse coats and their names. Please try to provide a variety of coat colors and patterns so that your work can be accurately judged. (Horsy1050 has a great set of lines you can use)

*new* Guest Artists are unable to make customs/semi-customs or birthday gifts during their time. This is simply to keep things farther from any potential complaints.

Perks of Being a GA
Like I mentioned above, there are some great perks to being a GA!
Upon hire, you will receive the following items:
x1 Custom Voucher
x1 Twins Voucher
x1 Auto Pass 1 Trait (excluding chimeric, floof, and unpassable traits)
You can keep track of what items you own on the Challenge Center archive page!

GA Custom Information
As a GA you get a custom voucher that must be used by the end of your term. Your custom may have 1 rare gene (chimeric, somatic, irregular brindle, etc.)(excluding floof)(normal brindle does not count as rare gene), up to 2 line edits (mane, tail, roman nose, etc), and up to 3 accessories (custom hater, flower crown, colored horseshoes, etc.). All GA customs must be approved by me.

GAs and Rare Genes
During their term, GAs are allowed to make a few Tolters with rare genes. This includes somatic, chimeric, and edits. This allows them to show off their talent more when being considered for a full-time position, as well as gets some pretty designs out for the community!

GAs and UFA Breedings
If they so choose, a GA can make an Up For Adoption breeding. (this cannot be their breeding, it must be from a community member) However, this counts as both a breeding and an adopt from their limit!

GAs and Their Own Breedings
Due to too many issues being cause by it, Guest Artists are no longer allowed to do their own breedings. You can still apply for breedings through other artists while you are a GA, but you may not complete your own pair's breedings.

GAs and Runner-Ups
During their term, GAs are allowed to make up to 2 runner-ups for one of their adopts. These don't count towards their adopt total,
however, they cannot be semi-customs/customs. They must be made without suggestion from the user, as an adopt would be.

GAs and Collabs
GAs have the ability to make up to 2 collab adopts! This can be with another GA or with one of the full-time artists. Collabs count as 1 adopt design for each GA who takes part in it.
Last edited by Half Tree on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Regarding Mental Illnesses and Disorders

Postby Half Tree » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:07 am

Mental Illnesses and Disorders
Often times, this can be a bit of a sensitive area. But do to some requests from various members, here are some guidelines and rules in place for mental illnesses should you choose to use them with your Tolters.

The big thing is Do Your Research!

Please do not assign them some kind of mental illness and represent it only through stereotypes and false information. Do some research before you decide to portray them with a mental illness.

This means that I don't want to see these extreme takes on it that I've seen running around quite often lately, you need to actually research causes, symptoms, seventies, etc. No more of this giving them some kind of psychological disorder to make them "edgy"
I'm not putting a complete ban on them because I know some people connect with their characters by having them portray the same mental illness they themselves have.

General Guidelines
(since there's no real black or white to this)
- Do some general research on the illness.
- From there, decide the severity (yes, I know some are going to be worse than others but this doesn't mean make them some kind of mass murderer who has to be locked away 5ever because they have absolutely no chill or sense at all. This is a kids site and stuff like that is a no-go)
- Research the specific symptoms and think about how these might show themselves and which ones your Tolt may have
- Remember that there are real life people in our community that may have these illnesses or disorders and respect for them comes first! When you're writing up your representation think about whether or not it would be hurtful to someone reading it should they actually have to cope with that problem on a day to day basis. If you're worried about whether or not its okay to do, message me and we can discuss it and make adjustments where needed.
More will be added as needed as we work things out and run into issues!
Last edited by dreamwalker on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Companion Animals

Postby Half Tree » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Companion Animals
Information goes here

Companion Dogs by Gator
Last edited by sprig on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Creating a Barn

Postby Half Tree » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Creating a Barn
Once you've achieved your first Tolter, you'll need to make a barn or stable for them, so that you can keep track of important information such as breeding slots and art! If you've got a barn for all of your horse characters, you are welcome to use that, but if not, I would highly suggest making a Tolter specific one, so that you can be added to the Stable Archives.

How to Begin
Creating your own personalized barn is easy and in my opinion quite fun! Most people use the same skeleton form for each of their new Tolters, so everything looks organized and easy to navigate.

Finding a Name
Before you do anything, you'll need to pick a name for your barn! For example, my Tolter Stables are called Wolf's Peak. You want to make sure your barn name is original, so it isn't the same as someone else's, as that could get confusing!

First Post
Before you make any posts with information about your beautiful Tolters, I would suggest that you make a post where you can keep other important BR information, like permission quotes from other members who have given you slots to their Tolters, or name/personality ideas for future Tolters.

Tolter Information
For each Tolter you own, they will need a form similar to this filled out, so that everything is clear:
Name
(^ can be split into show/barn names, like I did in my stable ^)
Adoption Page
Breeding Slots
(^ Each Tolter has 10 ^)

You will need to have this information and any extra (ex.: personality, art, etc.) displayed with the image of the Tolter.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Questions

Postby Half Tree » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 am

Breeding Questions
I get asked a lot of questions about breedings. Before you PM me about a breeding questions, check this to see if it answers it!

> I ordered a breeding from an artist 6+ months ago and it hasn't been done. What do I do? <
After 6 months, breedings are void, and the slots are returned to you!

> My breeding got created twice, but I only had the slots for one, what do I do?! <
This is a case-by-case type of thing, so you'll need to PM me about this one!

> How do I get slots from other people's Tolters? <
Members will sometimes do slot giveaways, so that's the best way to go about it.

> I've tried for forever to get in a breeding with someone, but I just can't ever seem to make it on time. <
There are a lot of members in the community, and it's tough competition to get a breeding in. There is really no sure-fire way to get a slot, so just be patient! Artists open up quite frequently, and there are sometimes rounds left open for 24 hours at a time!

> My breeding rolled negative on absolutely everything... Is the artist cheating? <
It's very easy to roll negative on everything in a breeding. Even easy things like Lacing or BC Spots roll negative all the time. It's not the artist's fault, it's just bad luck this round. Next time should be better for you!

> I rolled positive on so many hard-to-get things that people are saying I bribed the artist. I didn't, and I don't know what to do.
The first thing you should do is PM me about those people, because that's harassment and will not be tolerated. Secondly, some breedings just have incredible luck! If it rolled positive on more than 2 chim-pass traits, that would be more of a concern and I personally would speak to the artist, but sometimes breedings just get great rolls.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me