DCAC :: Free Characters! :: Open

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Looking To Hire A Mod And A Judge Or Two. Interested?

Yes! I'd love to work here!
53%
Nah, I'm just interested in adopting.
19%
Really depends on if I have time!
28%

Total votes : 53

Re: D's Character Adoption Center :: DCAC :: Open

Postby ▸Atlas. » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 am

Username: Dovepawlover
Name of Character: Dawn
Breed: Corgi
Species: Canine
Any Rules?:
- Love her
- Save her images to your computer after adopting
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): Unknown creator
[extra art]
Reference by >> Leafstorm515
Headshot by KiPotato
Donatingyays

Name of Character: April
Breed: b/a
Any Rules?:
- Love her
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): Unknown creator
Donatingyays

Name of Character: Lillian
Breed: Corgi
Any Rules?:
- Love her
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): By RavenclawHobbit
[Extra art]
Headshot by The_Slayer_Of_Tacos
Headshot by KiPotato
Donatingyays

Name of Character: Ember
Breed: n/a
Any Rules?:
- Love him
- Save his images to your computer after adopting
[Extra art]
Reference by unknown
Donatingyays

Name of Character: Aile Gel [Frost Wings]
Breed: Winged Wolf
Any Rules?:
- Love her
- Save his images to your computer after adopting
Credit (Design, LA, etc.): By PFDC
Donatingyays
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒩𝑜𝓃-𝒷𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓇𝓎 ▸ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎/𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 ▸ 𝒶𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓉
𝐵𝒾-𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓍𝓊𝒶𝓁 ▸ 𝐵𝒾-𝒜𝓇𝑜𝒻𝓁𝓊𝓍

If you were prominent in the user-made adoptable
community way back in 2012-2015, you probably
remember me as Dovepawlover!

I'm looking to exchange C$ and rare+ pets for
character (humanoid) artwork. PM me!

𝒫𝒮 𝒜𝒹𝑜𝓅𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝒯𝑜𝓎𝒽𝑜𝓊.𝓈𝑒𝐹𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑅𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
Aesthetic sources: x & x
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:53 am

Major WIP c:

ImageImage

'ғᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ ʟooᴋs ᴍɪɢʜᴛʏ ᴇᴀsʏ wʜᴇɴ ʏouʀ ᴘʟow ɪs ᴀ ᴘᴇɴᴄɪʟ ᴀɴᴅ ʏou'ʀᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜousᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪʟᴇs ғʀoᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄoʀɴ ғɪᴇʟᴅ.' - Dwight D. Eisenhower

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ᴜsᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ;; shadow9119
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
sᴘᴇᴄɪᴇs;; Domestic Canine
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ᴋᴇɴɴᴇʟ #;; Eight (8)
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ʙʀᴇᴇᴅ;; Border Collie Mutt
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ᴜsᴇ;;
I have a "barn" where I keep all of my equine OCs (found here) and for a while I've
been looking for another barn dog to add to it. This girl is perfect, since she's mostly natural looking and
looks like she has some herding dog ancestry.
She will get art, a nice detailed personality and history, and maybe even some RPs c: In time I'd like to find her a
mate. I was thinking maybe my own character Taurus, but we'll see hehe

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

ᴀʀᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs;;
xxx by me
xxx Lines by Lacy, coloured by Diamondshine101
xxx Lines by Bellamy, coloured by me
xxx Lines by Bellamy, coloured by me
xxx by me
xxx by me
xxx Lines by Peace-Colby, coloured by me

ɴᴀᴍᴇ;; Vallas
ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ;; In Spanish, 'hurdle' or 'fence'
ɴɪᴄᴋɴᴀᴍᴇ(s);; Val, Vali
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ;; Female
ᴘʀoɴoᴜɴs;; She/Her or They/Them
sᴇxᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ;; Heterosexual
ᴀɢᴇ;; 5 Years
ʜᴇɪɢʜᴛ;; 20 inches
ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ;; 40 lbs
sɪɢʜᴛ;; Perfect in both eyes
ʜᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ;; Below average in both ears
ᴘᴀᴄᴇ;; Normal
ɪɴᴊᴜʀɪᴇs;; None
sᴄᴀʀs;; One on inside of right rear leg
ɪʟʟɴᴇssᴇs;; None
ʜᴇx ᴄoᴅᴇs;;
Fur: #ffffff - #ba4125
Nose: #703629
Eyes: #ffffff - #000000 - #10612f
Ears/Mouth: #91cca7

ᴀᴄᴄᴇssoʀɪᴇs;; None
oᴄᴄᴜᴘᴀᴛɪoɴ;; Ranch dog
ʜoʙʙʏ;; Agility competitions

ᴘᴇʀsoɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ;;
Vallas is as hard-working as they come. She often takes on the duties of the other ranch dogs, and sometimes
leaves them with nothing to do. While most of the time they don't mind this, she can sometimes get
aggressive if they refuse to let her help. She has actually sometimes gotten into physical fights, though
it is fairly easy to break her from a fight. She only has one scar from one of these fights, found on the
inside of her right rear leg.
She overworks herself a lot, to the point where (on a few occasions) she has become physically sick or
even injured herself. Her favourite work is with the horses, usually making sure that they don't wander
off, or helping them train for upcoming events. She is friends with almost all of the horses on the
ranch, but the one she knows the best is one of the Padros.
SCP Last Monarch, otherwise known as Constellation, trains with Vallas almost all of the time. Not only
do the two train together, but they talk to each other about almost anything.
Due to her past poisoning, her hearing is not as good as it once was. It often takes a raised voice to
catch her attention, and she has a hard time keeping her voice down as she cannot hear herself. She
hates when people point this out, and will storm off in a huff if it is mentioned.
One of her jobs on the ranch is to help train aspiring farm dogs. A lot of the time, the hopefuls are dogs
that do come from the country, and have backgrounds in farm work. However, she also gets dogs from
the city of the suburbs that she has to train. She hates this work, as a lot of the city dogs come to the
country thinking that the work will be easy.

ʜɪsᴛoʀʏ;;
Vallas was born at a small farm in Cornwall, England. Her mother was a purebred Border Collie sheep dog, and an
award-winning herding dog. Her father, on the other hand, was a street mutt, with no clear breed at
all. He may not have been a skilled herding or farming dog, but he was a fighter. Vallas inherited both of
her parents' traits, and it was apparent from an early age that she would put them to good use.
In her litter of five pups, Vallas grew the fastest and learned quickly. She has always been a doer, and
learned best as a pup from taking part in things. This would be her greatest talent, but would harm her
greatly later in her life.
When she was a teen, her quick learning grew into minor recklessness. She would get into fights with other
dogs, would wander off by herself (sometimes disappearing for days), or get into all kinds of sheds, barns,
or other places where the dogs weren't usually allowed. She would even go onto other people's property,
which was how she ended up poisoned.
One farmer in particular was fed up with Vallas and other dogs coming onto his land and disturbing his livestock
or destroying his crops. In a last attempt to drive them off for good, the man laced some meat with a large
amount of poison and set it out in his driveway.
Vallas jumped on the meat as soon as she saw it, barely noticing the odd smell that was coming from it. As she
walked back home, however, she started to notice that something was very wrong. Her mouth, lips, and the
inside of her ears had turned an odd green colour. Her speech was slurred, and she had trouble getting the words
out. She wobbled when she walked, and collapsed right as she got back to her home. She was rushed to the vet,
but while the poisoning could be reversed, the strange colouration of her mouth and ears was found to be a
permanent side effect. The poison had also damaged her hearing, and it was decided that she could never be a
herding dog since she could not hear the commands.
Vallas fell into a deep depression after that. She stopped eating, lost a lot of weight, and wouldn't come out of
her kennel for anyone. Her mother decided that she needed a change of scenery, and since she knew another herding
dog on a ranch not too far away, Vallas was sent to live there.
She took to the knew life very slowly. She was used to working with smaller, group-minded sheep, not these huge,
independent horses. She got into verbal arguments often, not only with the horses but with the other dogs on the ranch
as well. At some point, she got into a physical fight with Taurus, and gained the scar on her leg.

Roundtwoyays
Last edited by shortstop on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:48 am, edited 33 times in total.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luxray; » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:05 am

What about the one I filled a form out for?
luxray;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:30 am

darksideInvader wrote:What about the one I filled a form out for?

The other judges and I just thought the form was a bit too short :c We're looking for forms with pretty long and detailed histories and personalities. We will soon have examples up on the first page so everyone knows what we mean by this c:
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luxray; » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:38 am

I mean, I figured it was sufficient. I'm not really a long-winded person, and usually I develop personality and history as I connect with a character, so I know it fits them.
luxray;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:51 am

darksideInvader wrote:I mean, I figured it was sufficient. I'm not really a long-winded person, and usually I develop personality and history as I connect with a character, so I know it fits them.

I am sorry that you didn't win the character, but this is after all a contest. And the rules clearly state that at least a paragraph is needed for the history, and the one you provided was but two sentences. The character is still up for adoption though, so if you'd like to try out for him with a longer form, feel free to. But please do not complain c:
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:43 am

Name of Character: Aurelia Meringue
Breed: x
Species: x
Any Rules?:
- Love her
- Save her image(s) to your computer after adopting
[Extra art]
Headshot by r e d & b l u e }
Donatingyays

Name of Character: Flan
Any Rules?:
- Love her
Donatingyays

Name of Character: Melody
Any Rules?:
- Love her
Donatingyays
𝐻𝑒𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒, 𝐼'𝓂 ▸𝒜𝓉𝓁𝒶𝓈.

𝒰𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 ☆
▸Atlas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:11 am

By >> Leafstorm515

Username:
booklover789

Kennel Number:

Previous Owner:
Dovepawlover

Use:
As I was scrolling through the kennels, my eyes happened to land on her. I was sold from the minute I looked into her gorgeous ice-blue eyes. :) She is such a sweetheart, and I absolutely love her entire design! I was fascinated by the water-like substance coming from her back, as it reminded me of my cat character, Hallow, who has pink, purple, and blue flames coming from his head, back, and in place of his tail. At first, I thought her markings resembled flickering flames of fire, but the longer I looked at the rounded edges and blue color, the more I was reminded of water. I eventually decided on it being water with a few bubbles floating here and there in the undulating waves coming from her back and head all the way down to her tail.
As for what I'll do with her should I win, I'll be using her as a character here on CS mainly for art purposes. I can't draw online very often, as it takes me a LONG time to do art via oekaki chibipaint (it's the only digital art program I know how to use), so I'll mainly be drawing her out long-hand with a pencil and paper. She will have her own page on my Weebly character site, and I'll do my best to write stories about her and write up some other stuff about her like Q&As every so often should my busy schedule allow it.

HEX Codes:
Base - #E1E1E1 #424242
Nose - #BC866C #90635E #4C2818
Eyes - #44B796 #4FCCAE #26967D
Facial Markings - #44B893 #A2D8C8 #85C2B0
Tongue - #E26A2D
Water - #85FEDB #C0FFF7 #53FFE7 #22F5D5

Species and/or Breed:
Genetically Enhanced Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Name:
Dahlia

Name Meaning and Language of Origin:
Flower Named For Botanist A. Dahl - Latin

Nickname:
Dawn
Donnie
Dominique
Dom
Dommie

(2 dog years old; approximately 14 human years old.)

Personality:
Image Image Image
Dahlia is tranquil. Very unlike most pups her age, she is generally quiet and peaceful, rarely raising her voice or yelling and screaming. She's not boisterous, and she keeps to herself most of the time. She definitely appreciates the little things in life, and doesn't think much of large, expensive items - she'd rather receive a gift that is small and cheap but very heartfelt than an expensive and large gift that doesn't mean anything coming from whomever gave it to her. "Quality over quantity" is one of her favorite quotes for this reason. She tends to rest more than most pups her age, and can often be found sleeping next to a warm water heater or under the shade of a tree on a hot day. She prefers the heat over the cold, but will make the most of whatever weather she finds herself in. She has more of a "stop and smell the roses" mentality than a "rush through things as fast as you can" mentality. She takes her time in whatever task she's doing, and will often be called "slowpoke" by those that don't like her, due to her slower-paced view of life. She is rather agile, and isn't really clumsy - though she DOES have her moments of light-headedness where she'll run into trees or stumble over things, but for the most part, she's rather graceful and doesn't seem like much of a klutz.

Dahlia does her best to be courageous, even in the face of danger. She stands up for what she believes in, and never backs down - in this way, she's a bit stubborn. Other dogs have called her "obstinate" before, but Dahlia doesn't mind - she's going to stick to her personal values no matter what comes her way, and the only way she'd ever change her views is if she was completely 100% proven incorrect, in which case she'd be willing to look at other options and perhaps change. However, most of the time she's very stubborn, and refuses to change her mind on her all-ready-solid beliefs. Dahlia has had to persevere in life, and she counts her trials as blessings. While she doesn't like having bad things happen to her, she tries her best to look on the sunny side instead of the rainy side, and this generally helps her to keep a happy attitude...even in the face of persecution.

Dahlia doesn't really have a wild spirit, other than her innate longing to protect what is hers. She definitely is protective of the few items she can call her own, but this is mainly due to her unstable childhood. While she's not very old herself, her childhood was very traumatizing for her due to most everyone she knew turning against her and making her life miserable. Almost all of her cherished items from that time in her life were stolen from her later on, and since that point Dahlia has been SUPER careful with the items she does have, as she doesn't want some meanie coming along and stealing them from her again. Dahlia definitely can do the whole "mind over matter" thing. If she believes she can do it, she generally can. This has helped further her determined spirit and her stubborn attitude, and sort of plays into her entire personality and being.

Overall, Dahlia is very emotional and rarely feels safe. This makes her stubborn, determined, and very goal-oriented. She has a love for youngsters and is more peaceful, gentle, and rational than most pups her age. She is mainly graceful, though she can be a tad bit clumsy at times, depending upon the day she's having. Dahlia does her best to be courageous, and you can count on her to stand up for what she believes in. She tends to be very defensive and protective of her few items, and has been known to be extremely aggressive to those who try to take them from her - but if you prove yourself trustworthy, you'll have a friend in Dahlia for life.

Other Art:
By KiPotato

Coloring by me (booklover789); lines by ♡John♥Dave♡

Unknown creator; lines by kite

Coloring by me (booklover789); lines by Rotten Banana

Coloring by me (booklover789); lines and shading by megpoid

Coloring by me (booklover789); lines, shading, and background by 3_Q

History:
Her eyes flickered open. She felt tired and drained as she slowly tried to move her paws. She stood, wobbling dizzily as she tried to walk. She stumbled, and hit the ground hard, whimpering in pain.
Suddenly, her world went dark. She couldn't see or hear anything as she squirmed in pain, biting and yelping at the rough hands that had grabbed her.
She was thrown through the air, and hit a wall.

When she came to, her world was spinning, though she could at least hear properly. When the dizziness finally passed, she stood, trotting forward as she saw a way out of the laboratory where she was being kept for observations.
She rain straight into a glass wall, and shook her head in confusion as stars danced before her eyes. "Ugh," she murmured, rubbing a paw to her face. "That hurt."
"Tell me about it," said a voice from the other end of the room.
She spun around, narrowing her eyes defensively. "Who's there?"
"Hush - they'll think you're crazy."
"I'm not crazy! They can see you just as well as I can! They put you in here with me, after all." She humphed as she sat and glared in his direction.
"I'm not alive, Dahlia. They can't see me at all."
She blinked in shock as she stared at the brown floating wolf before her, his horns striped like candy corn and his collar resembling them as well. His tail sort of faded out, becoming less solid the further her eyes traveled down it. "Who are you and what is it you want from me? And how do you know my name?"
"My name is Matthias. I died back in 1973. I read your chart - it's just outside the wall you just ran into. What year is it now?"
"2015, of course."
"I've been dead for over 100 years," he said sadly, his ears drooping just the slightest bit as he hovered closer to the ground. "It's awful, not having anyone to talk to for so long." As he hovered closer to her, he whispered. "Most beings can't even see me. They can hear me all right, but they can't see who they're speaking to. One of the disadvantages to being part ghost, I suppose. Those that CAN see me tend to be very frightened, and won't stick around much for conversation."
"So why can't they see you?" Dahlia inquired, shoving a paw in the direction of the four scientists who'd just walked up to observe her.
"They're human. Humans can never see me."
"What about hearing? Can they hear you, as other creatures can?"
"Not in the slightest."
"Oh," she said quietly. "Hey, do you know a way out of here?"
"Yes, but I cannot get out myself."
"Can't you just pass through walls, or something?"
"Most walls, yes. These have been fortified with some material I'm not familiar with, and thus I cannot pass through them. I can only pass through objects which I'm familiar with."
"Well, maybe we can get out together. How do I open the door?"
"You can't. You'd need a keycard from one of the scientists, and even then you can't open it from the inside - you'd have to do so from the outside."
"So we race out when the scientists open the door. Easy-peasy."
"It's not that simple. They're rather quick."
"Not as quick as me," she muttered, glaring in their direction. "I'll get out, and then I'll get you out, okay, Matthias?"
He smiled. "Thank you, young one, but save yourself before you bother with helping me."
"Nuh-uh. I'll help you if it's the last thing I do. You don't deserve to be locked up here any more than I do."

Months passed, and Dahlia's experiments increased. The more the scientists poked and prodded her, giving her various needles and taking blood samples, the more she wished to bite their arms off. But she knew that if she did that, they would NEVER let her out, and she'd never be able to help her new friend, Matthias. So, she bid her time and planned an escape route.
Almost a year after her incarceration in the prison which the humans called a "lab," the scientists were finished with their experiments. Dhalia's DNA had been mutated to include a ridge of water along her back which slowly undulated and increased and decreased, constantly changing shape depending upon the pup's moods. Once a normal Cardigan Welsh Corgi, she was now genetically-modified into a creature so unlike her previous self that she wasn't sure who she was anymore. Every time she looked in a mirror or saw her reflection in the glass wall of the observation room, she'd have to fight to not burst into tears. One day when the scientists were taking a lunch break, she broke down sobbing to Matthias. "I don't know who I am! I don't even LOOK like myself anymore!"
Once she'd pulled herself together with a few kind words from her floating ghost-dog friend, she woofed in determination. "I will get us out today, Matthias. I can taste that freedom."
"What does it taste like?"
"Satisfaction," she spat out angrily, fury rolling through her body and making the waves along her back undulate fiercely.
The door suddenly creaked open.
Dahlia darted forward, going through one scientist's parted legs and leaping up and over the other scientist, who was bent over double as he reached for his glasses which had fallen to the floor. She hit the red button on her way out, flinging the door open and allow Matthias to finally be free of his prison as he floated through it effortlessly, a smile on his face as he slowly followed his friend as she raced on ahead.
Suddenly, she skidded to a halt. The door in front of her was massive, with a bright green EXIT sign above it flashing from a sudden power surge.
"Where's the button?" she yelled frantically, looking around herself to try to see the red, round object that would secure her freedom.
"There are no buttons for this door!" Matthias yelled over the alarm that was blaring. "You'll have to jump up and reach the handle! Just pull it down and the door will swing in!"
She gulped. "I've never been the best at jumping. Can't you grab it?"
"Being quite familiar with metal door handles, I'd just pass right through it, I'm afraid."
She groaned in frustration, looking at the towering door above her, seeming almost larger-than-life as she stared at the hard surface of the coat of grey paint. She narrowed her eyes, and flung herself upward, barely tapping the tip of the door handle before crashing back down to the ground.
"I'd hate to be a bother, but you should probably hurry it up," Matthias said, glancing behind her. "We've got some unwelcome company."
Scientists with nets and scoops were racing towards Dahlia, their black boots stomping the ground and making it harder for her to concentrate.
She closed her eyes and leapt again, reaching out her paws and desperately trying to grab onto the door handle so high up from her.
She missed, and crashed to the ground.
The scientists were right upon her, swishing their nets and scoops.
Her eyes glowed blue with fury as she barked and snarled at them. Suddenly, the waves on her back swirled up higher than they ever had before. The room was suddenly filled with water coming directly from the angry pup. She floated to the surface while the scientists struggled to keep afloat. They eventually just dropped the scoops and nets, and doggy-paddled over to the nearest light fixture as they tried to reach the high-hanging lights for support...but the water just wasn't high enough.
With the water and her fury keeping her afloat, she leapt out of the water and managed to open the door.
Dahlia squealed as the water rushed out of the room, taking her with it in a torrent of foam and waves. Calming herself down as she landed, she was off and running down the corridor, hoping that Matthias was behind her.
After what seemed like hours of running, she finally reached the last door. This one was lower to the ground, and she reached the handle with ease, flinging it open. Matthias had finally caught up with her, and both stared at the bright, sunny day before them. With one happy look at each other, Dahlia stepped out with Matthias, her tail wagging in joy as she finally obtained her freedom.

Three years later...
Dahlia yawned, stretching her paws out and rolling her joints before fully standing up. She blinked sleepily, glancing over to Matthias, who had been floating just above her, somewhat resting through the night...as best as any ghost can. "Morning," she said sleepily. "What happened while I was asleep?"
"Not much. A stupid cat decided to come knocking on the door in the middle of the night, so I flitted through it and gave her quite a fright!"
Dahlia frowned. "What color was the cat, Matthias?"
"She was read and cream-colored...I think her eyes were yellow. Why?"
"That was Miwa! I invited her to come over here when she had the time." Dahlia sighed. "Well, fine. If she comes back tonight, let her stay here, all right? Her family's been going through some rough times lately."
"Sorry...I didn't know," Matthias said, slowly drifting down until he practically went through the floor.
Dahlia nodded. "It's fine. So, what do we have planned today?"
"Nothing. We can do whatever you want to do."
She yawned again. "I'm still really tired. I think I'm off to take a nap. Could you sift through the stuff in the attic for me, please? I'll help you when I wake up." She trotted over to the water heater, curling up beside the warm item.
"Sure," Matthias said, smiling as he flitted up and into the attic, ready to try his best to actually move things instead of going right through them. Three hours, Dahlia made her way up the stairs and saw a frustrated Matthias, trying to pick up a box, but only able to grasp the items in the box itself. He groaned, moving onto the next box, where his paws went through the entire thing. He howled in frustration, smoke coming out his nostrils.
"Hey, it's fine, buddy," she said trotting up behind him and shoving the box over. "I just asked you to do your best."
"AAARG! I hate being dead!" He snorted again, smoke now flowing freely from his mouth and nostrils.
"Hey, calm down. Why don't we go for a walk, get some sunshine and fresh air?"
He grumbled. "No air is fresh when you're dead, and I can't feel the sunlight anyway. Guess it's better than trying to move boxes, though."
Dahlia nodded, leading the way down the stairs and out the door, walking through the apartment complex until she reached another staircase, going down it in a few hops. She headed down to the park, Matthias floating above her, still stewing angrily. Dahlia was so concerned for her friend that she wasn't watching where she was going and ran straight into a cat. "Oof! Sorry, ma'am, didn't mean to - oh, it's you, Miwa!"
"Dahlia!" said the Japanese cat, smiling as her eyes practically glowed. "I came by to see you last night, but this odd thing happened. There was this spirit, and he came out and scared me, and - ACK! HE IS RIGHT THERE ABOVE YOUR HEAD, DAHLIA! RUN!"
Dahlia put a paw on her friend's shoulder, calming her down. "It's fine, Miwa-san. This is Matthias. He's a friend."
"Then why did he scare me last night when I meant you no harm?"
"I hadn't mentioned you to him, so he didn't know who you were. Matthias, I'd like you to meet my friend, Shiori Sonomi Miwa. I call her Miwa or Miwa-san as a sign of respect, but she doesn't mind what you call her as long as it's one of her names."
"Hi, cat," he said, grumbling.
"I am pleased to meet you?" she said, raising an eyebrow quizzically. Turning to her friend, she whispered, "Is he always so off-putting?"
"No," she murmured back, "he's just having a bad day."
She nodded, thinking. "I know! Why don't you come visit my family? Once I'm done shopping, I'm going home to celebrate our ancestors, whom we respect through food sacrifices. I'm sure you'd love to meet my ancestors, seeing as you'd actually be able to see them, being a ghost and all. Even though we who are alive can't see them, it doesn't mean that they aren't there and don't want to be talked with. Would you like to join us?"
Dahlia frowned, whispering to her friend. "I thought you were having issues with your family, Miwa-san."
"I am," she whispered back, "but I feel bad for your friend. I shall deal with my family on my own time. Right now, he needs my help."
Matthias begrudgingly agreed. "Fine. Finish your shopping and make it snappy."

Three hours later, Matthias was floating at the very top of Miwa's room, talking with her ancestors with a smile on his face.
Miwa was sitting at the table, conversing with Dahlia and her family. "Sister, I would love for you to meet my friend, Dahlia."
Flann looked over, raised an eyebrow, and smiled at Dahlia. She shook her paw. "I'm Flann, Shiori's younger sister. Pleased to meet you, Dahlia."
Dahlia smiled back, finally feeling welcome among a group of strangers. "You can call me Dawn, if you'd like - my friends call me that all the time, sort of like how I call Shiori Miwa or Miwa-san."
That's when Miwa's older cousin, Shirkee spoke up. "What's wrong with you?"
Dahlia frowned, looking over at the orange and red cat. "I'm sorry, what was that?"
"You're weird," she said bluntly, staring at the dog. "Why do you have all that ugly blue stuff on your back?"
Miwa swatted her cousin's ears, hissing. "Be polite! She is our guest!"
Shirkee snarled, raising a clawed paw at her cousin. "Buzz off! I don't have to be polite to you or anyone else, Shiori!" She smirked. "Besides, I speak better than you ever will."
She growled, the fur on the back of her neck rising. When she spoke, it took great effort for her to keep her voice steady. "しかし、我々の両方が、私は賢く一人知っています。あなたは絶対的な馬鹿です。"
Dahlia frowned, confused at the odd words coming out of her friend's mouth. "I don't understand - what did you tell her?"
"Our native language is Japanese. I just called her a fool."
"YAH!" she spat, swinging her claws at her cousin. "わたしは、あなたが大嫌いです!私の人生から出て行け、あなたはフリーク!"
Miwa skirted out of the way, growling back. "Stop this nonsense! Not only will you upset our guest, but you'll anger the ancestors!"
"Like I believe in the so-called 'ancestors.' I'm only here for the food, and you know it!"
"愚か、いとこを演技停止! If your mother were here, she would be ashamed of you!"
"Good thing she's on vacation, then!"
"Stop it, both of you!" Matthias said, swooping down between the both of them. "You're insulting my new friends!" He pointed up to the ceiling.
Dahlia looked up, but couldn't see anything.
Shirkee snarled. "Get out of this house, Miwa. You're no longer welcomed here."
Her face became hardened. "I will do no such thing."
"取り出す!"
"決して!" Miwa glared at her cousin. "We both know you are the one to blame! You have angered and insulted our ancestors!"
"Oooh, what are they gonna do to me?" Shirkee spat out rudely.
Matthias howled in anger.
Shirkee suddenly stiffened. "What was that sound, Miwa? あなたは私と一緒にゲームをプレイしていますか? Stop this!"
Miwa frowned. "I'm not playing games with you, cousin. What is it that you hear?"
"That awful howling!" Suddenly realizing a dog was in the room, her head swiveled around. She icily stared at Dahlia. "YOU are to blame for this! Stop your messing around this instant!"
"I'm not howling." Dahlia calmly stared at the out-of-control feline before her.
Matthias swooped towards the cat and scratched her ears with his claws.
She shrieked. "誰がこれをやっています!"
"I told you, Shirkee," Miwa said, staring at her cousin, "you've angered the ancestors."
Shirkee snarled one final time at Miwa, and then raced out of the house.
"いい厄介払い。" Miwa said. "Good riddance." She turned to her sister and smiled. "Flann, let us get started on the food! We have given some to the ancestors, and now we can eat as well."
Dahlia sighed, happy that the menace was gone. "What do we have to eat?"
"Flann prepared most of the foods before you. Nearly all of it is sushi or fish-related...though there are some Chinese moon cakes that our neighbor graciously made for us. They are a delicacy, so we could not have possibly turned her down. She, unfortunately, forgets that we are Japanese and not Chinese, and will often go to elaborate lengths to create these amazing Chinese meals for us on special occasions...and we never have it in our hearts to turn down all of her hard work and dedication. It truly is the thought that counts. And I am sure our ancestors understand our predicament, as well."
Matthias nodded. "They do!" he yelled down, once again up at the ceiling, laughing and chatting with the ancestors that filled the room, unseen by nearly every eye.
Dahlia nodded, smiling as she looked at the food before her. "I'm sure they do. What shall we eat first?"
"Try the Tempura," Flann said with a smile and a flick of her bushy tail. "It's my personal favorite. Oh, I also like Donburi and Udon." Suddenly remembering another food, she laughed. "I almost forgot! I also love Chinmi! We have sea urchin Chinmi today - feel free to try some!"
Miwa spoke up next. "I personally prefer Sashimi. Chirashizushi, Sekihan, and Tsukemono are also excellent."
Flann's mother spoke next. "I like Miso soup. Nattō good too."
Flann's father spoke up. "Tamagoyaki and Yakitori my favorite."
"May I please try the Chirashizushi?"
"Of course!" Miwa said, passing the bowl over to her friend so she could get some food. "Let's eat, everyone!"

That night, Dahlia was so full, she couldn't even eat the Chinese moon cakes that the Miwa family offered her for dessert. She was stuffed. Flann graciously wrapped one up in a napkin and gave it to her so that she could take it home and eat it for later. When she asked for another one for a friend, Flann wrapped that one up as well, and then wrapped the two together in a large bundle.
After hugs and happy goodbyes, Dahlia and Matthias set out for home. When they reached their house, Dahlia unlocked the door and put the moon cakes in the ice box, not knowing if they would last over night without the cold. She curled up in a ball, and Matthias floated next to her, a smile on his face. She chuckled quietly. "So, are you happy you decided to go along?"
"Miwa's ancestors are neat."
Dahlia smiled, yawning a large yawn before stretching one final time, curling up into a ball again. "I'll have to ask about it in the morning. I'm tired now. I need to sleep, buddy."
Matthias nodded, his gaze wandering over the room. "I'll be lookout, don't worry."
"Well, thank you." She yawned one more time, and then closed her eyes gently, pleased that her friend was happy and that she'd gotten to spend the day with her other friend, Miwa. Her last thought before she drifted off was, I'm going to have to ask Miwa to teach me Japanese someday.

Credits and Codeword:
Credits:

Codeword:
Roundtwoyays
Last edited by booklover789 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bean_Cake » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:32 am

mark
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ▸Atlas. » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:14 am

Name of Character: Dusty