тнє иєѕт~αᴅopт α мyтнιcαℓ cяєαтυяє! (CLOSED)

Buy or sell custom-made art - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment. This does not include pre-made character sales.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Which species is your favorite?

Gryphon
28%
Hydra
13%
Basilisk
6%
Phoenix
7%
Dragon
47%

Total votes : 87

тнє иєѕт~αᴅopт α мyтнιcαℓ cяєαтυяє! (CLOSED)

Postby Jadeghost » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

You enter a small, dark cavern that you have never explored before, due to the entrance being concealed by a thick layer of vines and ivy. Once your eyes adjust to the darkness, you realize that you are standing before a large rock with what looks like a nest built on top. Inside rest many brightly colored, variously shaped eggs. They appear to have been abandoned by whatever creature laid them, but as you pick one up you realize that they are still warm. Their parents clearly are not coming back, but you have no idea what creature may have laid these eggs. Do you risk it and take one anyways?

Announcements, Rules, Payment
Species/Creatures Available
Forms
Current Clutch
Slots for Customs
Archives
Breeding
Trading/Breeding Topic

Welcome to the nest! Here, you can adopt an egg that will soon hatch into a mythical creature. We only know of a few existing species currently, but new discoveries are being made every day. On occasion, you will also be able to request a custom creature with features that you decide on beforehand, rather than taking a chance with a random egg.

I'm CLOSED once again, probably for about a month this time, which is until school starts back up again for me! Sorry guys, but I just don't have enough time to make these in the coming weeks. As always, if I owe you a custom, you can still order, but I'm not taking any paid orders at this time.

~While I know I'm not the best artist out there by any means, PLEASE do not claim any of these linearts as your own or alter them in any way without my permission. I worked very hard on them all.

~You can post the creatures on CS all you want as long as you give me proper credit by linking back to me or posting my name underneath. I'd prefer that you not post them on other sites, but if you really want to you can feel free to ask me about it.

~Once you adopt/buy a creature, the design becomes yours to use however you wish. You can sell it or give it back to me if you no longer wish to use it, but if you do sell it you must make sure the new owner knows that I was the original creator of the design and gives me proper credit.

~You must send the trade for payment after you post your form. Each egg will have it's own price based on the complexity of the design: some will be very cheap, others could be expensive. If you post a form before someone else but they send a payment and you do not, they will get the egg. This shop runs on a first come, first serve basis. However, I don't accept payment until I have sent your egg, so you don't need to worry about me stealing your pets.

~There will be roughly one clutch of eggs released every week, sometimes more if I find the time. Clutches can be anywhere from 2-6 eggs. There will be a variety of species in each clutch: unless you order a custom, you do not know which species the egg will be. Do not whine or complain if you do not get the species you were hoping for.

~You CAN adopt more than one egg per litter/clutch!

~I will do customs of characters or customs based on color palettes and markings that you choose ahead of time, but these will cost more than eggs released in clutches. If you order a custom, that egg will obviously reserved for you and you alone, so you don't have to worry about it being adopted by someone else.

~As stated above, each egg released in the clutches will have it's own price based on complexity of the final design. When clutches are released, eggs will go to the person who sends the proper payment AND posts the form first. I will accept the payment and then PM you the link of your egg, which will grow on its own but take a few days to hatch into its final form.

~For custom orders, I will NOT begin your order until you send me a trade with the payment.
    I DO NOT accept it until the order is done, but I do need to see it before I will begin.

~I wish I could do these for free, but I work up to eight hours a day five days a week, have a moderating job here, and a life outside CS. These are time consuming, and I simply cannot make any creatures for free unless I specifically tell you otherwise or you get a free custom. PLEASE respect this. I make these as cheap as I can, I'm sorry if you think they are too much. If this is the case then simply don't order.

Examples of common hoard pets I will accept:
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Note: "Uncommon" pets count as two commons. So if you were paying for an egg that required four common pets, you would only need to offer two uncommons.

NEW SPECIAL!
    For every four eggs you adopt and pay for (including both eggs released in clutches and customs), you will get one completely FREE custom OR regular adoptable egg!

~Customs will be priced individually as well, based on the complexity of the design. I reserve the right to decline any custom I feel is beyond my abilities. In your form, you can state what you are willing to pay. I am most likely to accept orders which offer my hoards, C$, or rares. Wishlist is highly preferred but not required if offering rares and up.
    Currently I am most interested in C$.

~Payment is NOT accepted until I have PMed your egg first C:

Last edited by Jadeghost on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:21 am, edited 55 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ѕρєcιєѕ

Postby Jadeghost » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Here is a list of all the species currently available. I will be looking to add more, so keep checking back!

gяуρнoи

The gryphons are a common species. These majestic creatures have the head and wings of an eagle but the body of a lion. They are not typically aggressive unless you happen to disturb whatever they happen to be guarding; as they often are relied upon as guardians of treasure. Towards humans they trust, they are highly affectionate and loyal. Their eggs tend to be smaller and duller colors than other species, although this is not always the case.

нуᴅяα

Hydras are common only because they are so hard to kill. They have three heads when hatched, but if one of the heads is cut off, two more will regenerate in its place unless the wound is cauterized. They otherwise have the body of a dragon and large leathery wings, although they tend to stick to the ground when possible. Hydras are usually found in "hotter," more intense colors, and like dragons their eggs are leathery, although they also tend to be slimy.

pнoєиιх

It was originally thought that phoenixes were born from ashes, and while some of their more powerful ancestors once did, these legendary birds have returned to laying eggs that are usually guarded quite carefully. For this reason, it is uncommon to see eggs in the nest, but not unheard of. Phoenixes are wild by nature, but will form close bonds with humans they deem to be trustworthy, and once this bond is formed phoenixes remain quite loyal. Their eggs tend to be hotter and brightly colored when compared to other species.

вαѕιℓιѕк

Basilisks are uncommon to see among the nest, as they are only born when regular serpent eggs are incubated by toads. They are mighty serpents, the kings of snakes, with horns on their heads and tails that they use as weapons. They are extremely hard to tame, but will remain loyal to the humans they first see when they hatch. Basilisks have been said to kill humans just by looking at them, but the ones found on the nest do not have this power, and only grow about ten feet in length at most. They can be really any color, although they tend to have some blue or green hues rather than "hotter" colors. Their eggs are leathery and quite similar to dragon eggs.

ᴅяαgои

The mighty dragons remain rare among the nest, mostly due to their rarity in the species as a whole. Dragons are often hunted for their scales and claws, and have learned to hide themselves well over the past few centuries. They tend to mistrust humans unless taught to believe otherwise at a young age, but when they bond with a human they remain connected to them for life. Dragon eggs can be any color, and they are large as well as leathery to the touch.

These are creatures that can ONLY be obtained by breeding. They will not be released in normal clutches, and you cannot order them as customs.

gяуρнoи αиᴅ ᴅяαgои нувяιᴅ

These fearsome creatures are about the same size as gryphons, but that is just about the only similarity they share with their gryphon parent. They are as dangerous and ferocious as dragons, and have leathery wings and sharp horns, as well as a whiplike tail. Some of these hybrids have scales, as they lose their feathers entirely in the breeding process. Breed one of these hybrids at your own risk!

gяуρнoи oя pнoєиιх αиᴅ вαѕιℓιѕк нувяιᴅ

You get these creatures from breeding a basilisk with either a phoenix or a gryphon; giving the serpents very bird-like qualities. They now have either feathery or scaly wings, and are capable of flying or gliding very short distances, depending on their size and strength. These creatures have lost some of their aggression, so if you were looking to tame a serpent this may be the creature for you!

вαѕιℓιѕк αиᴅ ᴅяαgои нувяιᴅ

Breeding two of the most fearsome mythical creatures together probably wasn't the smartest idea, as it only doubled their aggressive nature. But if you think you're up to the challenge of raising one of these magnificent beasts, the rewards are great. Not only are the beautiful but they are fully capable of flight, as dragon wings suit basilisks much better than bird wings.

αмρнιтнєяє

These majestic creatures are the result of a dragon and a phoenix breeding together. They are highly prized for their hardy feathers, and these creatures are forced to take to the air most of their lives as they have no legs. They have feathery bodies and wings and are quite a sight to see as they soar through the air. Amphithere's are quite free spirited, and even if you raise one from an egg you may still have a hard time training it!
Last edited by Jadeghost on Thu May 16, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ƒoямѕ

Postby Jadeghost » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm

So, you think you're up to the challenge of raising an egg, or perhaps you're looking for a custom? Use the forms below!

Adoption Form!
*IMPORTANT* ONLY post this form when eggs are available to adopt!

Code: Select all
[center]I want to adopt an egg![/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Clutch Number:[/b]
[b]Egg Number:[/b]
[b]Do you have the proper payment and has it been sent?[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Custom Form!
*IMPORTANT* ONLY post this form when the shop says "open!"

[center]I want a custom creature![/center]
[b]Reference of your character:[/b] (If N/A delete this)
[b]Color Palette:[/b] (N/A if you provided a reference)
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Other Special Requests:[/b]
[b]What are you willing to pay?[/b]
Last edited by Jadeghost on Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cυяяєит cℓυтcн

Postby Jadeghost » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Here is where you will find the current batch of eggs looking for new homes. Grab them quick before they're gone!

You look everywhere, but there are no eggs to be found in the nest.

Last edited by Jadeghost on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ѕℓoтѕ

Postby Jadeghost » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 am

Here is where you can find the slots for customs I am working on for people!

1. CLOSED
2. CLOSED
3. CLOSED
4. CLOSED
5. CLOSED

Users that I owe customs/eggs (If your name is here you may post the forms at any time!):
Spitfyre (2)
**Nightwhisper** (2)
Sky;
Zenstar
Last edited by Jadeghost on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:17 am, edited 49 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archives

Postby Jadeghost » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:35 am

Here is where I will keep track of who owns which creature!
If you do not own these designs do NOT post them anywhere. Some of them are personal characters and to claim them as your own is art theft.

Owned by Jadeghost wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by Lucid Dreams wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by Saphira344 wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by Spitfyre wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by Owlie13 wrote:ImageImage

Owned by taffy. wrote:Image

Owned by Topgirlyforever wrote:ImageImage

Owned by PauseOff wrote:ImageImageImage

Owned by Aspyn wrote:Image

Owned by Transparency. wrote:Image

Owned by Sky; wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by better version. wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by -Mario- wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by Squiddy wrote:ImageImage

Owned by .:legendary:. wrote:Image

Owned by **Nightwhisper** wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Owned by SenselessHorse wrote:Image

Owned by lion8228 wrote:ImageImage

Owned by Zenstar wrote:ImageImageImageImage

Owned by snoopy333 wrote:Image
Last edited by Jadeghost on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:15 am, edited 65 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding (CLOSED)

Postby Jadeghost » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:50 am

Here is where you can breed your creatures! Before applying though, please read this entire post carefully!

~There are two types of breeding: normal and crossbreeding. Normal is where you breed two creatures of the same species together, while crossbreeding is where you breed two creatures of different species and have offspring which are hybrids. However, you can still crossbreed your creatures and get purebred offspring, if you specify that is what you want on your form.

~You can breed your own creatures as well as with another user's creature. However, if you choose to breed with another user, you must show proof that you have gained their permission, such as a screenshot to a PM or having them post here or PM me saying that they will allow their creature to be bred.

~You choose the number of offspring, and you will get up to four. If you bred with someone else's creature you must decide beforehand how many babies each user will get. You will each pay separately, so do not worry if you want more eggs than your breeding partner, as you will only be charged for the eggs you own in the end. In breedings, each egg will cost the same. If you bred two of your own creatures, I will PM you the offspring, but if you bred with someone else I will post the eggs here so that you can both decide which eggs you want.

~There will be no fee for the breeding itself; you will only pay for the eggs you get in the end. They will be priced based on the general complexity of the litter, and each egg from breedings will cost the same. However, I do ask that you send payment as soon as I tell you a price, which is why you must decide how many eggs you want before the breeding. I will accept the same payment stated in the first post.

~There is no limit to how many times a creature can be bred or how many litters they can have; you can breed them as often as you want.

Here are the forms you will use for breedings ONLY!

For breeding two creatures YOU own:
[center]I want to breed my creatures![/center]
[b]Parent #1:[/b]
[b]Parent #2:[/b]
[b]If Crossbreeding, do you want hybrid or purebred offspring?[/b] (Read the descriptions above if you don't know what that means)
[b]How many eggs do you want to be be produced?[/b]
[b]Anything else?[/b]

Form for breeding with another user:
[center]We want to breed our creatures![/center]
[b]Username 1:[/b]
[b]Username 2:[/b]
[b]Parent #1:[/b]
[b]Parent #2:[/b]
[b]Do you have permission from the other user?[/b] (I must see proof of this somehow, either have them PM me or post here)
[b]How many eggs do YOU want?[/b] (Total eggs can NOT exceed four)
[b]How many eggs do THEY want?[/b] (Total eggs can NOT exceed four)
[b]If Crossbreeding, do you want hybrid or purebred offspring?[/b] (Read the descriptions above if you don't know what that means)
[b]Anything else?[/b]

1. CLOSED
2. CLOSED
3. CLOSED
4. CLOSED
5. CLOSED
Last edited by Jadeghost on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 am, edited 20 times in total.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: тнє иєѕт~αᴅopт α мyтнιcαℓ cяєαтυяє! (OPEN!)

Postby magpie! » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:16 am

I want a custom creature!

Username: Owlie13
Reference of your character: I couldn't post the actual picture because I am on my IPad.
Color Palette: (N/A if you provided a reference)
Species: Phoenix
Other Special Requests: Nope!
What are you willing to pay? Well, I am not sure how much this would be, so can you send a trade?
(I cannot get C$)

Thank you!
they/them
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: тнє иєѕт~αᴅopт α мyтнιcαℓ cяєαтυяє! (OPEN!)

Postby Jadeghost » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:21 am

Owlie13 wrote:
I want a custom creature!

Username: Owlie13
Reference of your character: I couldn't post the actual picture because I am on my IPad.
Color Palette: (N/A if you provided a reference)
Species: Phoenix
Other Special Requests: Nope!
What are you willing to pay? Well, I am not sure how much this would be, so can you send a trade?
(I cannot get C$)

Thank you!

You're welcome, accepted. I can see if you have a couple of my common hoard pets, that would be fine C:
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me