βɛнιи∂ тнɛ Ƭяɛɛ

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

βɛнιи∂ тнɛ Ƭяɛɛ

Postby neonireland » Tue May 31, 2011 1:49 pm

Chapter One

White, swirling fog pressed on all sides of the young apprentice, clogging his senses. He could hear cats battle cries in the distance, and he felt anxiety building in his chest. What should he do? A soft scent wreathed around him, and he whipped around. Standing before him was the Clan's medicine cat, Spottedleaf. "I have a very important message for you, Darkpaw," the she-cat mewed quietly, her eyes drawn at his paws. "What is it?" Darkpaw asked, wishing for an answer. Spottedleaf started to fade."Beware of the one who seeks death to gain power." she blinked at Darkpaw as though she didn't register he was there. He began to panic, his sight blurring along the edges. "What does it mean?" he yowled and whippe his head around again and again. Spottedleaf was gone, blown away on the wind and fog. The battle cries were coming closer. Darkpaw squinted his chocolate brown eyes and attempted to see through the thick air. Suddenly he was transported to the Sunning Rocks, in the old territories, where an intense fight was being held. The apprentice recognized the ThunderClan deputy, Willowblossom, raking her gleaming claws down the spine of Stonetail, a senior warrior of RiverClan. Darkpaw could tell the warrior was tiring and that Willowblossom would win. He could also tell that RiverClan were growing desperate without the fish in the river, and would win Sunning Rocks to begin their reign over the entire territory. Grayshade was stalking toward Willowblossom with a determined air, after the RiverClan warriors ran yowling back into their territory. The tom gave Willowblossom a friendly lick on her shoulder, but there was a gleam in his eye. Darkpaw didn't like that look. Willowblossomwas his own mother. The Sunning Rocks, Willowblossom, and Greyshade started fading away. He knew his dream was ending.

Barkpaw blinked open his eyes. Sunlight was pouring into the den. He lifted his head and looked about the den. All the other apprentices were still sleeping. Barkpaw guessed it was about sunrise. He put his head on his paws again, trying to fall back asleep. Still brightly awake from his exciting dream, Barkpaw found it better to get up than to lie inside the den when he could be helping around in camp. He stood up and stretched. Sitting down, Barkpaw looked at his sister, Rosepaw, who was sleeping gracefully. She was a pretty she-cat. Pure black with grey dustings along her hindquarters. Barkpaw lifted his paw and looked at it in disgust. It was plain brown. He stood up and padded out of the den. Lionclaw was in the clearing, washing a paw. Barkpaw meowed his greeting and walked over to the fresh-kill pile. He chose a vole and went over to the tree stump and settled down to eat. As Barkpaw was finishing his meal, Brighttail emerged from the elders den. He meowed and she looked at him. She padded over to him and the two rubbed muzzles. Brighttail, was Willowfur's own mother, so being Barkpaw's grandmother, and she always told the best stories. Unlike all of the other apprentices, Barkpaw enjoyed spending time with the elders and didn't complain when he was told to do something for them.

"Brighttail, do you need aything?" he asked her, standing up.

"No thank you, Barkpaw." she shook her head. "If only the other apprentices were more like Barkpaw when it comes to treating the elders." she added under breath as she turned away from him. He chuckled and trotted to the medicine cat den. Barkpaw could see Spottedleaf poking around in the storage of herbs.

"Spottedleaf?" he called softly. She looked at him, concern in her eyes.

"What is it? Are you hurt?" Spottedleaf said.

"No, I'm fine. I came to see if you needed anything." he said, silently dibating wether or not to tell her about his dream. He decided against it.

"No thanks, Barkpaw. Thank you for asking. By the way, you'd better be looking for your mentor. It's about that time." her ears twitched. Barkpaw looked up, seeing the sun was at the point of when he and Ravenwing went training.

"Ok, Spottedleaf. See you later!" With that Barkpaw walked out of the den. Sure enough, Ravenwing was looking around the camp.

"Hello, Ravenwing." Barkpaw mewed as he approched his mentor.

"Why hello to you too, Barkpaw. What do you think we'll be doing today?" Ravenwing's tail twiched in amusment as he answered.

"Hunting?" Barkpaw guessed hopfully.

"Lucky guess. You're right. Let's go." his mentor got up and walked toward the gorse tunnel, the entrance of the camp.

"Where are we hunting?" Barkpaw asked as they got to the botton of the ravine.

"The Great Sycamore." Ravenwing answered, with a small hint of excitment in his voice. Barkpaw's whiskers twitched in amusment. He was almost as big as Ravenwing and so his mentor easily saw his whiskers.

"You'll have your assement soon, Barkpaw. I am going to talk to Heartstar about that. Do you think your ready?" Ravenwing asked. Barkpaw thought this through carefully. Finally he answered.

"Yes, Ravenwing. I am ready." Barkpaw swished his tail at the thought of becoming a warrior. At last, they reached the huge tree.

"Now," said Ravenwing, sitting down. "Catch me a bird."

Barkpaw nodded and quickly began searching for a scent. Quickly he caught a scent of a woodpecker. He began stalking toward it. It was pecking a piece of bark on the tree. Without being seen or heard Barkpaw caught the bird between his paws and with a quick bite to the neck he finished it's life. Barkpaw silently gave thanks to Starclan and brought it back to were Ravenwing was waiting.

"That was quick." Ravenwing remarked. "Good job. Now you get to catch whatever you want and I'll catch myself something as well. When you have caught all you think you'll need, return to camp." The sand colored warrior got up and walked away into the woods beyond.

After that, Barkpaw caught a squirrel, a vole, and a mouse. He returned to camp with his mouth cramped with fresh-kill. Barkpaw lifted his head as he walked proudly. Everywere around him cats were chattering about how good a hunter he was and what lovely food he brought back. Barkpaw put his catch onto the fresh-kill pile and walked over to the tree stump were his sister was washing herself. He meowed his greeting. Rosepaw looked at him.

"Hey, big brother." she meowed.

Barkpaw chuckled and replied, "Why hello, oh little sister." he licked her head. Rosepaw began grooming his spine. He licked her shoulder. Willowfur walked up to the siblings.

"Barkpaw," she said, sitting down. Barkpaw stopped washing his sister. "You caught some wonderful fresh-kill. I had the vole and it was delish."
Last edited by neonireland on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
neonireland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Behind the Tree. (a warrior cat storry)

Postby ferssier ; » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:53 am

This is really cool! I like how he treats his grandma and sister nice. :]
I haven't read Warriors, but I keep telling myself to... This made me want to read it more! Good job!
♚you needed a light♚

virgo // female // isfj // slytherin

feel free to call me fer. i've been here about three years. my favorite color is yellow(it's so bright and happy c:). i like anime a lot, and i also enjoy cosplay. i want to eventually cosplay all the madoka characters starting with kyoko, my favorite. i cosplay fluttershy from mlp as well. i like animated movies and playing the flute. i am a great actress and love interior design. i plan on going into the film industry or perhaps a traveling photographer, i'm not sure yet. i want to see the world. i love poetry and cats, and if you're planning on trading with me i would prefer bunnies over all else. i like drawing too, and music in all forms. agents of shield is also amazing, and harry potter is my life. i love the holidays and summer.

✝so i set myself on fire✝
ferssier ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neonireland » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 am

MarblesLove wrote:This is really cool! I like how he treats his grandma and sister nice. :]
I haven't read Warriors, but I keep telling myself to... This made me want to read it more! Good job!

Thanks! That means a lot. The Warriors series is really good, but really looonnnnngggg. There are 4 mini series, 6 books to a mini series. Anyway, I'm glad you like my story. I have a question though. I am writing a personal story, and I think it's good. Do you think I should post it on CS? Heres my other story: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=590351&p=13655486#p13655486
neonireland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neonireland » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:40 am

Chapter 2

Barkpaw chuckled in amusment and his sister laughed quietly. "Willowfur," called Heartstar, the Clan leader, as she trotted up to the small family. "Will you please gather hunting parties? And also, will you notify Ravenwing and Lionclaw to come to my den. I would like to speak to them." Heartstar glanced at Barkpaw for a second, then back at Willowfur. "Of course, Heartstar. Would you like to see Lionclaw and Ravenwing this second?" she asked. "At once." Heartstar answered, her voice firm. Rosepaw looked at Barkpaw, delight in her blue eyes. Barkpaw looked back at her with equal delight. They both knew what Heartstar meant. She was going to arrange their final assesment. Willowfur looked at them and licked them between their ears. "I'll have to be going. Be good, my kits." she mewed. "Moooom!" Rosepaw complained. "We're not kits anymore!" Barkpaw finished for his sister indignatly. Willowfur cuffed him softly on the ear. Rosepaw purred. Barkpaw half rolled his eyes and got up. It was almost moonhigh. Barkpaw padded over to the elders' den. He poked his head inside. The elders were having a conversation. "Pardon me, but do any of you need anything?" he asked and they looked at him. "Sure, I have a flee behind my ear." Thornpelt meowed. Barkpaw crunched the flee with his teeth and Thornpelt purred gratefully. Barkpaw quickly touched his muzzel to Brighttail's and went back into the clearing. Rosepaw was nowere to be seen. He trotted briskly to Spottedleaf's den. Barkpaw stuck his head in the entrance. Spottedleaf was kneeding the moss she was going to sleep on. She looked at him. "Is there anything I can get you?" he asked her. Spottedleaf shook her head. "No thank you, Barkpaw. Go get your rest now." she mewed. Barkpaw ducked his head and pulled back into the clearing. It was moonhigh and the dim light was shining in the clearing. The moon was almost full, soon it would be the time for the Gathering. Barkpaw walked into the apprentice den and slid gratefully into his nest. It had been a boring day, but Barkpaw was tired none the less. Once he clossed his eyes, he fell into a dream.

Barkpaw was on plain, rolling hills of green grass. Except for the sight and smell of grass, there was nothing. Complete silence. Barkpaw could barely hear himself breathe. He looked around him, seeing nothing but grass. Suddenly, Bluestar, the old ThunderClan leader, (they are still by the lake) appeared before him. Her calm blue gaze settled on him. "Bluestar?" he mewed hesitantly. "I have a message for you, Barkpaw," her blue eyes hardened. "Beware of the cat who seeks death to gain power." Bluestar started to fade. "Wait!" Barkpaw wailed. "Come back, please!" he started running across the endless grass. Bluestar completely faded. "Don't leave." he whispered.

Barkpaw woke up with fright. His fur was standing on end. "Barkpaw, are you Ok?" meowed Rosepaw. She had been washing a forepaw when he woke up. "Yes." Barkpaw responded simply. He stalked out of the den. The clearing was clustered with cats. "What's going on?" Barkpaw asked the cat closest to him, Longear. "Heartstar was going to call a meeting. But something came up on the sunrise patrol. Heartstar is probably going to hold a meeting soon, so that is why we're all out here." Longear looked away from Barkpaw. His gaze settled on Robinpelt. Every cat in the Clan knew that Longear had a big crush on Robinpelt. Barkpaw knew what Longear wanted probably was neveer going to happen. Robinpelt was the most beautiful she-cat in the clan. Longear was a dingy light brown and his pelt was always messy. Barkpaw internally rolled his eyes and sat down next to Rosepaw. The two siblings were coming to the age of when they started like-liking other cats. Rosepaw had her eyes on Stonefur, the broad shouldered tom. Barkpaw was looking at Briarheart. The calico was small and lithe. She was the fastest cat in the Clan. It was rumored she was born in GrassClan and brought over to LightningClan as a kit. Barkpaw didn't know if that was true or not, but he did know one thing; he liked her. One heartbeat passed and the sunrise patrol was back. Heartstar jumped onto the Stone. "I see your all here, so I won't bother with the words. Everything is settled for the patrol, in case anyone was wondering. Now, I think it is time for a very overdue warrior ceremony." Barkpaw glanced at Rosepaw. Her eyes were wide with shock and excitment. Barkpaw felt odd. 'We didn't even have our assesment. How strange.' "Barkpaw, please step forward." Heartstar meowed, pulling Barkpaw out of his thought. He faced his leader, head high. "From now you will be known as Barkfoot. LightningClan honors your spirit and courage. We now welcome you as a full warrior of LightningClan." Heartstar placed her head on Barkfoot's and whispered, "Barkfoot." Barkfoot gave her shoulder a respectful lick and backed away. "Rosepaw, please step forward." Heartstar meowed to her right. Rosepaw padded forward enthusiastically. "From now you will be known as Roseleaf. LightningClan honors your quick wits and loyalty. We now welcome you as a full warrior of LightningClan." Heartstar placed her head on Roseleaf's just as she did Barkfoot. Roseleaf gave Heartstar's shoulder a lick and raced back toward Barkfoot. Willowfur was standing proudly nearby. Barkfoot felt pride as the Clan chanted the siblings new names. As the Clan began to thaw from the clearing, Heartstar walked up the the new warriors. "I have a mission for you." she meowed.

What do you think? Please comment!
Last edited by neonireland on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neonireland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferssier ; » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 pm

rubykitty29 wrote:
MarblesLove wrote:This is really cool! I like how he treats his grandma and sister nice. :]

Thanks! That means a lot. The Warriors series is really good, but really looonnnnngggg. There are 4 mini series, 6 books to a mini series. Anyway, I'm glad you like my story. I have a question though. I am writing a personal story, and I think it's good. Do you think I should post it on CS? Heres my other story: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=590351&p=13655486#p13655486

Well, if you think it's something you'd like to share. If it's something you don't want to share because it's too personal or you don't want criticism on your life, then I wouldn't, but if you don't mind then I'd post it to see what others think. Even if they don't like it, they probably don't understand that it is personal and they shouldn't be being mean. If you post it, I'll read it if you want me too.
♚you needed a light♚

feel free to call me fer. i've been here about three years. my favorite color is yellow(it's so bright and happy c:). i like anime a lot, and i also enjoy cosplay. i want to eventually cosplay all the madoka characters starting with kyoko, my favorite. i cosplay fluttershy from mlp as well. i like animated movies and playing the flute. i am a great actress and love interior design. i plan on going into the film industry or perhaps a traveling photographer, i'm not sure yet. i want to see the world. i love poetry and cats, and if you're planning on trading with me i would prefer bunnies over all else. i like drawing too, and music in all forms. agents of shield is also amazing, and harry potter is my life. i love the holidays and summer.

ferssier ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neonireland » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:40 am

Really? Thanks so much. I'll try to post it today.
neonireland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferssier ; » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:04 am

Ok! :] I'll look at it.
♚you needed a light♚

ferssier ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neonireland » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:03 am

Chapter 3

Barkfoot squared his shoulders and looked at Heartstar evenly. "What is the mission?" he asked. Heartstar's green gaze was proud when she replied, "Please spy on LakeClan. I want to know what they're doing." she kept her voice low. Barkfoot understood. He guessed that Heartstar had had the same dream he did. Suddenly he hoped Heartstar hadn't caught the realization cross his face. Barkfoot didn't want anyone to know about such dreams. "We will go at once." Roseleaf meowed. "No," Heartstar meowed, her voice still hushed. "You should eat first." Roseleaf looked at Barkfoot. He nodded. Barkfoot dipped his head to Heartstar and followed his sister toward the fresh-kill pile. He chose a mouse and vole and his sister chose a plump squirrel. She was the only cat in the Clan who could eat a squirrel without complaining.

WIP
neonireland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me