Owl, Spirit of the Forest- Book

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Owl, Spirit of the Forest- Book

Postby Bean_Cake » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:11 am

Comic ◼️ BOOKCharactersMap

Neither wolf nor fox, Owl just doesn't fit in. His existence is an impossible occurrence that just shouldnt be and through the eyes of his clan, he is marked to bring them to their death.
But something more is eating at Owl then just the cold shoulders of his peers. A prophecy of darkness is starting to unfold but is Owl really the one they fear most? He won't let them take him down so easily, and ventures out to not only find, but destroy the true bringer of darkness.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Welcome Readers!
Here is the official family friendly book version of Owl, Spirit of the Forest. New pages are often released along side their comic pages, though you may find more detailed information from reading the book pages. Please don't post on this thread, comments may be posted on either the Comic thread or Characters thread.

This story Owl, Spirit of the Forest, is originally based on a short story I wrote back in 2009. The original story is rather graphic and violent, containing adult language and situations and it is only for mature readers. Due to it's nature, this version has been modified for a family friendly version for everyone to enjoy! The original story is on Wattpad, however a link cannot be provided due to CS rules.

Chapters & Pages

PROLOG
PG #1 PG #2

CHAPTER ONE
PG #1 PG #2 PG #3 PG #4 PG #5 PG #6 PG #7 PG #8

CHAPTER TWO
pg # pg # pg #

Stamps & Banners

Don't miss when a new page is released, place a stamp or banner in your sigg for quick check ins!

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4531598&p=134074101#p134074101][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=3817213&size=large&format=png&rev=1650992003[/img][/url]

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4717960&p=138069807#p138069807][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4014861&size=large&format=png&rev=1650992205[/img][/url]

Last edited by Bean_Cake on Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prolog- PG #1

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Word Count-646

A long, long time ago, in a time before men when only beasts roamed the land; a great war broke out among one of the species more substantial in number; the wolves. Unlike the ones we know today, they ruled over their domain as larger more powerful creatures with a thirst to expand into new territories.

As their population continued to increase, the wolves quickly outgrew their territory and the alpha began to expand past the mountains and conquered over more packs and far off lands. The alpha wolf had a violent and bleak heart; he destroyed any who posed a threat to his acquisition. However, the massacre didn't end with just the wolves who refused or opposed him. Other species such as the foxes were continually being eradicated as well, forcing them to abandon their homes to avoid the alpha's wrath.

In time, the foxes grew desperate in bringing an end to the alpha wolf and his war. The foxes inhabited the open valleys and had little cover from invaders. So they assembled the two clans of foxes that occupied the valley to multiply their forces. Nevertheless, their numbers combined didn't seem to be enough to overpower the wolves. Without strength or size on their side, the foxes cried out to the spirits of the Forest to assist in ending the war. A dense fog instantaneously emerged throughout the forest and made it impossible to see, Then a figure abruptly materialized out of the fog and gradually walked out into the open and then stood before them.

It was a fox massive in size, larger than any fox in their clans and its legs and tail were elongated. The fox was white in color yet the tips of his fur seemed to gleam with a golden tone as he stood in the sunlight. He examined them for a moment and then spoke in a stern tone, "I'm a warrior of this forest, I'm here to restore balance and end this madness." He stated firmly.

The other foxes stared at him with wide eyes in disbelief of what they were experiencing. "What do we call you?" The leader of the foxes asked. The mystical fox looked at him with bright golden eyes, "you may call me the spirit of the Forest, I am one of many. However, my purpose is to keep a balance among the creatures of these woods." He remarked softly. "Ahh.." the fox leader marveled with a smile, "then we shall call you the fox spirit, since it seems you've been sent to liberate us."

In the coming months the fox spirit relinquished the valley of invading wolves and obtained the attention of their alpha. The manic, unstable and megalomaniac wolf was infuriated at this delay in his plans to rule as much territory as possible. He pursued and confronted the spirit fox. Upon their confrontation; the two fought for what seemed hours, both equal in size and power. However, As the battle concluded, the spirit fox administered the finishing blow and though He himself was severely wounded, he had brought resolution to the war.

The wolves retreated to the mountains and once more there was balance to the world. The spirit fox staggered over to a small pool of water and laid down by its edge to drink the water slowly. The other foxes congregated around the spirit fox to try and aid him but his injuries were too severe. With his last breaths he informed them that his goal had been accomplished and his body would now return to the forest.

In the following years the foxes divided back into their two clans and they occupied the valley once more, increasing in numbers and living peacefully. Often, foxes would travel a substantial distance to visit the pool where the spirit fox once parished to ask him for good fortune or health.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prolog- PG #2

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:51 pm

Word Count-939

About a hundred years later, in the very same valley; The winds howled in the frozen night and the darkness swallowed up everything it touched. Within this winter storm a Vixen lay in her den, snuggling close to a very special and tiny someone. She kissed his silver blue head softly and curled her tail tightly around him to keep him warm. "Everything will be alright now." She whispered softly to him.

Muttered voices came from the mouth of her stone den and two other foxes appeared in the entrance. Slowly they approached and shook the snow from their fur. The ash gray fox scuffed at her in disgust. "What happened to your so-called mate Noeki?" He snickered. This is what you get you know, This is what happens when you defy the elder's words." He said darkly, glaring at her. "He only brings misfortune and death for us, I hope you see that now." He hissed, baring his fangs.

Noeki snarled in defence, "you're wrong Briz. Aroko might be gone but this kit has survived!" She yelled, moving her tail so that the small sliver blue child could be seen. Briz stepped back in shock and quickly became enraged by the sight of the kit.

"You fool Noeki! It is impossible for a fox to bare the kits of a wolf, this child is a curse! It will only bring death like that wolf." Biz ranted. "Look around you, So much has happened already; the shortage of food, the extreme cold weather, the recent spread of illness and so many have succumbed to these factors and died. All that the elders have told so far has come true, the prophecy tells that a wolf like no other will bring an end to our clan. But still you refuse to listen." He hissed with his jaw clenched in rage.

The second fox who had come with Briz quickly jumped in front of him and pushed him back, His fiery red fur standing on end. "You can't harm this kit. We are sworn to protect the alpha and all his family, you have no proof that this kit is the one the elders speak of. A moon ago, you believed it was the wolf and now it's a new born kit?" He remarked standing his ground, despite having little control over Briz being his underling.

Briz relaxed his stiff muscles and took a step back, his deep hazel eyes moved between the two of them with judgement. "I'm only protecting our clan, Dovic. However, you're right. I have no right to kill it- yet. Still, it's an abomination to our clan." Briz growled in frustration.

Noeki let out a low growl at the two as she clenched her young tightly next to her, "This is my kit, and if either of you are going to try and take him, you'll have to go through me first." She growled. Briz snarled and turned away, "you're lucky you're the alpha's child, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to destroy you and your kit."

Briz lifted his nose and turned to the exit, "come Dovic, our work is finished here for now. We got what we came for." He sneered in a shady way before leaping out back into the blizzard. Dovic followed but first turned to Noeki before setting out. "Keep him safe Noeki, he'll encounter plenty of other dangers then just Briz as he grows, and give him a strong name. I'll always be loyal to our alpha and his family." He said firmly before giving her one last smile goodbye and leaving.

Alone in the den once more she was left with a tiny kit squealing for her attention. The winter winds howled in the darkness as the storm raged on. Standing up, she nuzzled her kit deep into the nest of Downey fur and moss she had collected, Noeki then covered him up well. she leapt out into the cold darkness of the storm to take a few moments to calm her mind.

The brisk winds weren't constant and the moon gave off a faint glow atop the snow. Crunching her way through the snow she soon came to an enormous white breech tree in a clearing not far from her den.There she sat, with snow slowly covering her pelt and turning her silver coat to a snowy white. She could not move or feel, She had such worry and love for her kit, she only wished things could have turned out differently. Then she was pulled from her thoughts, a sharp hoot caught her ears. looking up into the tree branches there sat a massive white snowy owl.

It was all alone on this chilly night, it watched her from up above and she watched it from down below. The two locked eyes for what seemed like the longest time before it opened its mighty wings and glided off into the dark snowy sky. Noeki smiled and closed her eyes as she started to make her way back to her kit.

Still where she left him, he cried out for his mother in the darkness, soon she appeared back in her den and shook the cold from her coat. Peering down over him, she watched his small nose poked through the downy fur and he let out another high pitched cry for his mother. Noeki smiled at him, "I will call you Owl." She whispered softly as she cuddled up next to him and snuggled him close with her tail. She once more kissed him softly, "No matter what, you will always be special, remember that my dear Owl."
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1- PG #1

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:18 pm

Word Count-762

As winter ran its course and spring started to blossom, the tiny kit quickly grew in size. Now able to scamper about and play, he watched the snow melt a little more with each passing day and grew ever more excited for the world that awaited him beyond the den. Though he knew not of the dark things being spread about him or what he truly was, he knew only of the love from his mother and longed to meet others like himself.

Noeki dreaded the coming of spring, in the cold winters she could wrap Owl up and keep him safe next to her. He was small and innocent, and safe from the terrible and cruel world that laid ahead of him. Now with the snow gone and Owl a little bit older there was no more keeping him from the world, all she could do now is try to protect him.

Noeki gazed off into the distance as her and Owl sat by the mouth of the den, the air was fresh with melted snow and the sunlight was warm in her fur. It reminded her of being young and playing with her siblings in early spring when they would seek out early to play in the still cold and melting snow puddles. Then her thoughts turned darker and she looked upon another memory, remembering the morning she first ran into the shady rouge wolf so many moons ago.

She could recall the first time she heard about him, like the others of her clan she feared he was the wolf of their prahacy and had come to wipe out their clan. She remembered tracking him down and the moment she finally ran into him. His coat was dark; a color of blackened blue like the night sky, a white undercoat and glowing bright orange eyes.

He knew she was there before she could even get within striking distance, and called her out. "It's rude to seek up on others, you know." He stated in a deep and hallowed voice. At that time all she could do was remain frozen in place and for whatever reason instead of running home she stepped out of her hiding place and faced him. The two stood in silence for a prolonged minute and just looked at one another. "Well-" the large male wolf finally spoke, "-are you following me for some reason or did you just come to stare?" He inquired rudely.

Noeki was torn from her trance and snarled at him, "who are you? And why have you been wounding my clan's border lately?" She snapped. The male chuckled, "your clan? So you're the alpha then?" He teased. Noeki glared at him, "answer the question! Why are you here?" She growled. The male walked closer to her and she started walking back as he approached. "It's not a crime to be on the outskirts of your territory, I'm just making a living the same as you- I'm just doing it alone." He smirked, still smiling while approaching her.

Noeki finally backed into a tree and was now frozen with her eyes still locked on him, "you're not welcome here." She snarled, baring her fangs. "Yeah, that's the thing- I'm not really welcome anywhere as of lately." He said as he closed in and was now face to face with her. Towering over her, he was massive- bigger than most wolves she's seen. She could only think one thought at this moment- he's the one come to destroy us all, "the wolf like no other".

"Please don't kill me." Noeki begged as her legs went weak from under her and she slumped to the cold ground, she honestly believed she was about to die. The male wolf laughed, "Ha! Kill you, why on earth would I do that?" He smirked with a smile. "Look, I'm not sure who you think I am, but you shouldn't believe all the stories you hear." He remarked.

He backed up to give her some space and continued to laugh. Noeki sat up a bit confused, "stories? What stories? I've already told you I don't know who you are." She said, pushing the prahacy from her thoughts. The male smiled with a grin, "my name is Aroko, I'm from a pack over the hills at the foot of the mountain. But let's just say I'm a lone wolf now." The look in his eyes was true but there was something more about him. She could still recall gazing into his bright orange eyes, as if lost within them.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1- PG #2

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:24 pm

Word Count-375

"Mother!" Owl yelled in excitement. "Can we leave soon? I want to meet the other foxes and play!" The small kit exclaimed. Noeki sighed and smiled at her young kit eagerly jumping around, "when the top of the mountains are no longer white is when our clan comes back together each year to rejoice from the solitude of winter and celebrate spring." She told him, peering out into the distance.

"See there-" she said, directing his attention to the mountains in the far distance that lay past the endless plains, the towering forest and rolling hills just at its base beneath. Only a minuscule amount of white remained on the mountain tops, "within a week we'll be at the great spring gathering and you'll get to meet everyone." She said smiling. Owl whined and sat down disappointed, "spring should move faster, I want to be out there with everyone else." He pouted.

Noeki chuckled softly, showing encouragement to Owl's desires, but deep down it destroyed her knowing that he was most likely in for more disappointment or far worse from the other clan members. After all, who knows what lies Briz has been spreading over the course of this prolonged winter.

As the days passed, each one grew warmer. Soon, there was no longer any snow on the mountain tops. Without any indication, on that morning everyone emerged from their dens that were spread across the valley and flocked to a large mass of rocks at its center where their alpha lived.

Like many other kits, Owl was awake before his mother and excitedly ran circles around her yipping happily, "Mother! Mother wake up, it's time to go, it's finally time to go!" He yelled, jumping on her and nipping at her ear. Noeki cracked a smile with her eyes still closed, "oh, can't I just have five more minutes Owl?" She teased sweetly. Owl pulled on her ear playfully and growled, "no Mother! We have to go now, I don't want to be late!" Owl barked. Noeki rose up and laughed as Owl slid off, "Then we best be going." She said as he tumbled down and sprung back up again, his pure joy and excitement made him as energetic as a bouncy ball.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1- PG #3

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:29 pm

Word Count-709

Stepping out of the den for the very first time, Owl found himself lost for words as he gazed upon the tall lush green grass with its fresh spring air, still damp from the rain. He playfully leapt into the tall grass, "This is amazing!" He exclaimed, rolling around and sneezing in the spring pollen. Noeki walked past him through the grass, "Come Owl." She muttered softly, leading the way. Owl trotted along behind her, the grass was up to his mother's shoulders yet Owl was so small you couldn't even see him.

Within a short time of walking they came across giant rocks spread out over the plains, in the distance was the largest of these rock formations towering over the rest. The rocks were placed in the valley millions of years ago by the melting and moving of the glaciers, now the open valley is full of these massive formations. At their territory center sits the largest of these broken up rocks, and it's where the clans alpha is housed.

Upon arriving at the great gathering many foxes had already arrived and more still showed up. There were many families present and what had to be about 30 of them total. Although Noeki could recall years when she was young where there would be a hundred or more foxes at the gathering. In those days everyone would be so happy and well-fed, bringing rabbits, berries and more with them to indulge with friends or family.

Now as she looked around most parents were not smiling, no one brought goods to share in the celebration and everything seemed off. Still kits ran about and played although their parents seemed much more on edge. Since the prophecy was first announced, It seemed the clan had only been through hard times. First there was the extended winters, then food started to become harder to find and as of late an illness has slowly been spreading over the clan. Many were calling it a curse and looking for someone to point the finger at, easily enough Noeki seemed like their perfect target. At times, they even made her question herself; was she really responsible for all this in some way?

Eyes bounced off of her as she and her small kit walked over the rocks and approached the alpha's den. Not one of the foxes she passed had a kind look or welcoming face, they glared at her and turned away instead. She moved slowly and kept Owl close to her side, she knew exactly what they were thinking- that she and her kit were the reason for their suffering.

Noeki stood at the foot of a path that led up the rocks to the alpha's den. She paused for a moment noticing Briz and Dovic guarding the path to the top, she was sure that Briz had been eagerly awaiting her arrival. Sure enough, he noticed her right away and gave her a sour look as she approached them. "Welcome home Noeki", Briz sneered bitterly. "I'm sure your father will be elated to see you."

"I'm sure he is." Noeki remarked sternly, glaring at him as she pushed by. "Come Owl, stay close." She ordered. Owl kept close to his mother, was confused as to why this other fox was being so mean toward her. Dovic smiled at Owl as they passed and brushed off Briz as he gave him a nasty look for doing so.

Noeki and Owl made their way to the top of the stones and there sat the clans alpha- Noeki's father, Volkrin. He was a husky and proud arctic fox with a pelt of pure white and marble brown eyes. At his side sat her mother, Kilioe- a silver and white fox that sparkled like the snow in winter, her darkened legs and ears were like shadows and her yellow eyes like the blossoming spring tulips.

The two sat overlooking the others down below, they didn't seem happy or excited for the gathering. Owl stood under his mother in amazement, "that's the alpha." He whispered softly to himself. Noeki smiled down at him, "yes Owl, he is my father and your elder father." She replied looking into his wide eyes. "Really?" Owl marveled in disbelief.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1- PG #4

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:36 pm

Word Count-539

"Father." Noeki called out as she approached her parents. Volkrin turned and looked at the two of them, yet he didn't smile. Kilioe walked over and nuzzled Noeki gently, happy to see her again. "My dear Noeki, I'm so glad to see you! Who is this you brought with you?" She inquired, gazing down at Owl. "This is my kit, Owl." Noeki started proudly. Volkrin and Kilioe analyzed the young kit, the looks on their faces was one of confusion.

"He's a bit bigger than I expected." Volkrin remarked. "Much bigger than any of the other kits. With such a harsh winter, I would never have thought he would be so big at this age." Kilioe added.Noeki remained quiet and folded her ears back as she glanced away.

Volkrin cleared his throat, "Owl, why don't you head outside and play with the other kits, your mother will come get you later." He said, smiling down at Owl. "-but." Noeki started to say before her mother cut in. "No need to worry, Owl will be fine. I'm sure he wants to go and play with the others rather than sit up here all day." She chimed.

Owl smiled excitedly, "Can I go play with the others foxes Mother?!" He beamed, hopping up and down. Though reluctant, Noeki smiled and sweetly replied, "Go and play Owl, I will come find you before sunset." With that, Owl turned quickly and bolted down the rocks to find other kits to play with.

After Owl had gone Noeki watched from above as he stumbled through the tall grass and ran about. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" Noeki asked in worry. Volkrin walked back over to the edge of the stone and peered down on his clan. "Owl will be fine, I've made it very clear to the others that he is not to be touched. But I can't cover for you forever." He grunted unhappily.

Volkrin bowed his head and clenched his jaw, "The winter was unrelenting this year, there are less of us now. Not everyone could serve the cold, not every kit could be feed. Fear is at an all time high amongst my clan." He stated, still facing away. "Briz made sure everyone now knows about your little secret, and now they only fear more."

Volkrin snapped his head around and glared at his daughter, "Briz has informed everyone of what Owl really is, they all know that he's a half breed of that wolf." He growled, grabbing her attention. "It was foolish of you to pursue that wolf in the first place, but to take it this far- what were you thinking Noeki?" He hissed in hate.

She kept her ears back in defence, "Aroko isn't the wolf of prophecy, he did nothing to us and isn't even around anymore." She growled. Her father snarled in frustration, "The others don't care about that, when he arrived the food started to vanish, an illness started to spread and the clan still believes he's the one of prophecy. Now that you've had his child, the whole clan is convinced Owl is a curse set upon us by the wolf!" Volkrin barked now enraged by the course of unfolding events.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1- PG #5

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:42 pm

Word Count-592

Noeki lowered her head with heavy emotion and watered eyes, "Tell them Briz is a liar, that Owl is not Aroko's." She insisted. Volkrin shook his head slowly in anger, "just look at him Noeki. Owl is much bigger than the other kits, he is different and you know it just by looking at him, it's clear Owl is not a fox like us." Volkrin snapped "If it were up to Briz or many other clan members they would have killed Owl, they would have killed you as well by now. I can't esse their fears forever when they live next to what they fear most."

Noeki paused for a moment, he was right about the building tension in the clan. He was also the only reason her and Owl were still alive. Volkrin sighed heavily and glared off into the distance, "I will keep you both safe for as long as I can." He said softly without emotion. "I've never believed in prophecies. I've never believed one's fate could be decided for them by the stars. But my clan is falling apart, growing small each year." Volkrin stated, standing up, slowly walking towards her.

"I'm not sure what to think anymore, I thought you were special because you were the only one to live out of your brothers and sisters, but now it almost seems like you're a curse." Volkrin muttered leaning over her. Then, with nothing more to say he turned away from her and left the room with heavy footsteps.

Kilioe, who had been sitting to the side, walked over and sat next to Noeki. "He doesn't mean that Noeki." She whispered softly to her. "Why don't you say anything.." Noeki shuttered. Kilioe shook her head, "You know it's not my place to speak over the alpha, even if I am his mate. Your father is a good fox, but he's still hurting from the past." She remarked.

"You and Owl will be staying here in our den. It makes the clan feel better if we have a close eye on the two of you. It's a safe place until things start to look better." She said in her calm and soft voice. Noeki agreed to stay with them even though she really didn't want to. "I need to lay down for a bit." Noeki muttered, slowly making her way into the den to rest. Kilioe kissed her sweetly on the head and then returned to Volkrin's side.

Noeki wandered to the back of the den, it was as she remembered the last time she had been there. It seemed to never change, always the same since she was a small kit. But now she wondered if she was the one who had changed, had she really brought all this darkness upon her clan?

The den surrounded her with old memories, they seemed much clearer than life now. She could still see her and her siblings playing in the den, eating meals together and sleeping next to their parents together. Noeki laid down in a familiar spot and sighed deeply, trying to clear her mind. Closing her eyes she drifted, lost in sweet thoughts of being small and playing with her sibling in better times.

Back in those times so long ago now, it was like a switch being flipped, as if in that moment a darkness was released in some way upon their clan. The sun can cast cold shadows and on that day there was promise of early spring, a spring that never came- a fool's spring.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1- PG #6

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Word Count-668

It was so long ago in a happier time, back when she was just a tiny kit. Noeki, her three brothers and one sister all lived together with their parents right here in this very same den.

Her and her siblings had been very impatient waiting for spring to come. The days had been growing warmer, most of the snow had all but melted on the mountain top and signs of spring had started to pop up everywhere. However, the nights could still drop dramatically in temperature and be ice cold.

It was a beautiful sunny and warm day in early spring, food had been hard to come by the last few weeks as winter started to end and both of their parents had left to hunt. In most cases they would never have left their kits unattended, but desperately needed to feed their young.

The sunlight was so warm on that day, it filled the whole den with a humid heat. Noeki and her siblings sat painting in the heat, too hot to play or run around so the kits sat by the opening of the den to feel the cool breeze blow through their soft fur. Noeki could recall being the first of her siblings to make the suggestion; "we should go out and play while mother and father are gone."

The kits knew it was forbidden to leave the den without their parents, there were many things outside the den that could easily kill or eat a small fox kit. "Mother said to stay inside, not to leave the den." One of her siblings replied. But Noeki was stubborn, "it's too hot in the den, if we don't leave we might fry." She complained to the others as she stood at the opening looking out.

"I'll only stay out for a little and I won't leave the rocks." Noeki insisted, taking her first steps into the outside world. Her siblings were in awe leaning out of the den watching her go, they too soon couldn't resist and followed her outside.

The breeze outside the den was cool and felt wonderful in the kit's fur, the sunlight sparkled in the puddles upon the rocks and birds chirped from all directions. The kits excitedly bounced around, rolling on the cool rocks warmed by the sun and hopping through puddles of cold water. Enjoying their time out of the den, the five kits quickly lost track of time and spent the day playfully fooling around.

As the sun began to set, a cold chill swept over the land and their parents returned to the den. Noeki could still recall the anger in her mother's voice as they returned to find their kits outside the den. "What are you doing!?" She yelled in a panic as she rushed over and quickly corralled her kits back into the den. "We told you to never leave the den without us, and especially when there is still snow on the mountain top!" She barked hysterically.

The kits were soaked from head to toe from playing in the cold puddles, as the sun set a piercing cold began to set in. "It was so hot in the den mother." One of the kits whimpered as he now began to shake from the cold. Their father dropped a small rabbit by the entrance and joined his mate to evaluate the kits. " We have to try and dry them off, keep them as warm as you can. The nights can be extremely cold and they may die." He instructed, worried as he looked at his shivering wet kits.

The two curled up close in the back of their den with their kits between them, both trying to quickly lick the kits dry before it got too dark and cold. However, the night came quickly and with it the chilling cold. The moisture on the kit's fur started to turn to ice and no matter how hard their parents tried they couldn't get the kits dry.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1- PG #7

Postby Bean_Cake » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:56 pm

Word Count-416

Through the night the Volkrin and Kilioe tried desperately to warm their kits. Kilioe's eyes filled with water, "I knew it was a bad idea to leave them alone, this is all my fault." She cried. Volkrin cuddled her close and kissed her softly, " this is not your doing, we will push through this no matter what, I promise you Kilioe." He said trying his best to comfort her.

By daybreak, The morning was cold and thick fog lingered across the land. Only three of the five kits had survived the frigid night, Kilioe was reluctant to give up the kits that didn't make it, growling at her mate with her eyes still streaming. "You cannot take my babies!" She hissed through her teeth with great pain.

With little emotion Volkrin shoved her to the side and pulled the two unlucky kits from under her, "death has already taken them, I won't let you further darken your heart by holding onto what is already gone." He said in a low and cold tone.

Kilioe snuggled her remaining kits close to her, they quietly shivered in her embrace. She kissed their heads softly, "it'll be alright my loves, I'm here for you." She whimpered in their small ears, a memory Noeki still holds dearly.

By the next day, Volkrin had mostly been sitting by the opening of the den looking out, he had been silent for a long time and feared the worst for his kits. "I will call on the healer to do what they can, I will try anything for you and our kits my love." He muttered quietly from across the den.

Within the hours, both the healers and the shaman of their clan occupied the alpha's den. The healer examined the sick kits, they shook with coldness and opened their mouths to cry but only silence came out. One of the healers sniffed at the kits, licked their stomachs and listened to their shallow breaths, "will their eyes open? Will they even eat or drink?" He asked after examining them all.

Kilioe shook her head sadly, "no, they haven't yet." She said with sorrow. "Will they die?" She asked, shaken. The shaman looked to the healers and one leaned over to whisper in his ear. He shook his head slowly, "we don't expect them to make it much longer in the state they're in. We will do what we can for them and watch them closely." He said, unsure of the kit's fate.
Last edited by Bean_Cake on Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me