Applications

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Applications

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:15 am

I've decided to make a thread to keep track of my applications in giveaways.
Basicly to keep me inspired, to look back at my successes and (ofcourse) to save the coding.

Every form will be made by hand, I don't copy anything!
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure or 1 gem for ANY cat!!!

Have: 1.300.000 treasure & 500 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:17 am

Username:
    Hi there, I am SabrinaB, but feel free to call me whatever you'd like. Sab, Sabrina, SB, Crazy Cat Lady... I'm an adult wil a 6 year old daughter. She's the light of my life. I honestly can't imagine what I would be doing without her.
    I used to love horses, but that obsession disappeared as I grew older. Now I'm all into cats. In real life I have 4 cats. Originally we had 2, but one of them died of old age (16). So only Vacha remained (a white one with a little black. Named afte Vache, which is French for cow. Yep, we named a cat a cow.)
    Since he felt lonely I got him a friend: Cooper. Cooper is a black cat, but he barely has a tail. I got him from a shelter. His tail is the size of my little flinger. Sadly they only tolerated eachother, there wasn't really a connection. And my mother missed her buddy, the very old cat.
    So we got her a friend: Felien (fay-lyn), named after Bambi's friend. She's red/black/white. She and Cooper became playbuddies. She is very skittisch and shy, but very friendly. I think her previous owner hit her... But she is getting more confident every day.
    Later my sister had a pregnant cat. My daughter liked the kittens, but there was one that really won her heart. She was onsessed, so in came number 4. And this really is the very last one, no more! I don't want to be a crazy cat lady in real life!

What PPS do you want?
I'd love to give the Rose PPS a home. I have the Red Rose, but that's the only one of the family I have. I really loved dressing her up and I can't wait to add some lovely scenery to the Rose PPS or the Blue Rose. Some day...
When dressing up pets, I never have plans before I start. I normally start adding random things and await the end result. But I can be picky: it has to be perfect, everything in place. I hate it if something doesn't fit properly, so dressing up can be tough. I guess I can blame my autism for that :lol:
Red, color of love and passion. The color of blood and Santa Clause, who brings joy into the world. Rose, symbol of love and romance. Who doesn't want that in life? Well, I am a single mom, I don't have a relationship. But I do have love in my life. My mother, my daughter, my sister. There are many forms of love, and we all need it.
I want the Rose PPS because I love the design and the colors. The eyes are so lovely! And because of it's demand and rarity and my small trade stock... I doubt I can achieve this beauty by myself. Maybe in a few months by doing offsite trades, but trading vor very rare pets, mainly list pets... It's really hard for me. I'm not the best with rarities and trading up. I have a big hoard of cats, which consumes a lot of my fodder.
I hope to learn the secrets of trading up, some day. Untill then I'll focus on offsite trades. This also got me the beloved Joker dog.

Why would you like this pet?
    I already answered this, I guess. The design speaks to me, and the black makes the red really stand out. I love roses. Which woman doesn't? But sadly they only last for about a week. This Rose doesn't: this one will last.

Roses are red
    Sometimes they're blue
    You're leaving this site
    But I'll remember you

When I have all 3 of the Rose family, I'd love to make a blend with all 3 of them in 1 image and put it in my sig, or perhaps I'll make a thread for it some day. And other complete families/litters, ofcourse. They sure deserve it to be displayed.
    My deepest respect to the artist, Tess. Obviously for making the site, but also amazing linearts and designs. I hope to see more made by her hand.

What would you name this pet?
    To be honest, I will let her keep the name Rosie. I'd only give the name a capitol R. Since she already has the name, I prefer to keep it this way, in your honor. Again, I blame my autism for this. She already had the name, so it should remain thiis way.
    I don't mind naming unnamed pets, but once they're named I prefer not to make any changes. Unless it's a silly name, like "Unnamed" or whatever. I dislike that a lot.
    But Rosie is a pretty name.

Other:
    Once upon a time the family Rose were living together happily. The father, Blue, took care of the family. He kept them safe, made sure there was food and he made sure their friends were safe.
    The mother, Red, was very kind and loving. She adored flowers. Daisies, daffodils, tullips. But her most favorite flower of all was a rose. Such beauty, but also dangerous, with it's sharp thorns.
    The third member of the family was Rosie, who looked a lot like her mother. She also adored flowers, and her favorite was also a rose.
    Red and Rosie often went out to play or to have a long walk. Sometimes they went to the beach, sometimes to the forest. But somehow they always managed to come home with red roses.
    Blue liked the roses, but the red became annoying. Everywhere he looked, the red roses began to take over the house.

One day he was quiet. Red was worried and asked if something was wrong. He admitted he liked the flowers, but the red roses were becoming too much.
    The next day Rose and Red went out again, leaving Blue with his bad mood.
    When they got home he stood there, amazed. They were holding blue roses. He felt the love they felt for him and he loved them back. From that they on, every third day they brought back blue roses.
    And they lived happily ever after.

Thank you so much for doing this!
You really are an amazing person. You spent so much time and effort on your collection. I can only imagine how hard this must be, but I'n sure you make many people happy.
Thank you Shep, for being you.
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:18 am

ImageUsername:Image

“Oh yes, the past can hurt.
    But, the way I see it, you can either run from it…
    or learn from it.”
    — Rafiki (The Lion King)
    Hey Shep, I am SabrinaB. By now I have told you about my daughter, my cats and my writing hobbies. So, let's pick something new.
    The past few years I've worked in a shoe store. Luckily it's much better than the work Al Bandy does (married with children, old tv series). I've actually never been really interested in fashion, so I had no idea what to expect when I applied for the job. When they asked me 'why do you want to work here' I had to be creative. "I need money and no one else hired me so I might as well try here" is not a good answer... So I said "I've never worked in fashion, so I might discover qualities I didn't know I had."
    Anyways, I got the job, and in 2 months they asked me if I wanted to be the "third person". That means I am in charge and havethe key when the manager and assistent manager have a day off. Sure, I was up for the challenge. A few months later (I was working there for 10 months) they offered me another promotion: to be assistent manager, but in a store with no manager. A huge step, but I took it. I love a challenge.
    Sadly, a year later they let me go. They hired a manager, so my services were no longer needed. I was angry, I felt like they used me.
    Now I applied in a drug store, totally diffrent! But I am so excited. I can't wait to get started. Fingers crossed!

ImageWhat set do you want?Image

“Life is a journey to be experienced,
    not a problem to be solved.”
    — Pooh (Winnie the Pooh)
    I'd love to apply for the Tribal set, as you probably already noticed by the overall look of this post.

ImageWhy would I like this set?Image Well... To be honest I only want the Spotted Tribal. I already have the Gearback and the Line Tribal. The Line Tribal was an amazing gift in 2019, the Gearback was obtained thanks to an offsite trade. I don't remember how much I've paid for it, but I believe it was in the 8000 gems range on FR. This is the only way I can trade for list pets.
    I was a little hesitent at first, but since I've managed to obtain the Gearback I realized how fun they are to dress. I've redone their dressup a few times, and it's so much fun! Their colors are amazing to work with! I also ADORE what you did with the line tribal. So pretty! I'm not very good at dressing up pets. These are a few dressups on pets I have doubles of. I have more in my collection, but those are spread out over groups.I actually started a hoard with horses and ponies in natural colors. I have over 300 from my trade groups alone, but there is a catch: I want to dress them all. So for now I only have 5 that are finished.
    Anyways, I am drifting off. I actually only need the Spotted Tribal. So why would I want the other 2? The lovely Gearback (My favorite of the litter) and the Line tribal? I might use the Gearback to get another list pet I really want. So, what about the line tribal? I want to do what you do: make people happy. Give everyone a chance to have an amazing, hard to het pet. So I will be hosting a giveaway for that one when I have time to set it all up. Probably somewhere in January. Using both to work on my collection feels wrong and greedy. You're amazing for giving everyone a fair chance.

ImageWhat would you name each pet?Image

“The problem is not the problem.
    The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
    — Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    To be honest, normally I don't really name pets. I adopt all pets without giving them a name. If I manage to obtain a list pet, I usually give it it's official name and list. Like this pet. I only name special pets that have a special meaning to me.
    I won't change the names of the Gearback and the Line tribal. The Spotted Tribal will mean a lot to me. She'll complete the Tribal family, and the one who it comes from also means a lot to me. Looking at her markings I somewhat get a native American vibe from it. I'm thinking of Dakota.
    Dakot was the name of natice American people who lived in North America. They were part of the Sioux, as a part of 3: Dakota, Lakota and Nakota.
    I might actually rename the others of the Tribal family as well, so they all share the Sioux family names. That way they are family by design, litter and names. It's just too perfect. Dakota, Lakota and Nakota.

ImageOther:Image

ImageImageImageImage
    “Ohana means family.
    Family means nobody gets
    left behind or forgotten.”
    — Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
    This lovely family looks so nice with red and green shades in their items. I always thought it'd be hard to dress them, but they are surprisingly easy, to be honest.
    Perhaps I'll someday display them in the forums; Adoptable Collections & Clickables. That sure gives everyone the option to keep track of their collections. Lately I don't have a lot of inspiration, but when I just looked at some threads... My gosh, I want to make a thread of my own! To keep track of missing pets, achieved goals, make stories about them... I can't wait, I feel so inspired!
    They will look so pretty, all dressed up and together in an thread. Displayed to show how much I love them, among with all amazing achievements I've made. They deserve more attention and should not just be sitting in my collection. I hope this inspiration will last 'till January, when I have more time to work on it.
    Ah, big dreams. I always have big dreams. But those big dreams are often hard to achieve. But Walter Disney once said: "If you can dream it, you can do it." And he also said: "It all started with a moude." He dreamed big and he found many obstacles among the road to success. Not many people believed in him, but he never gave up. He also went bankrupt a few times.
    And look at it now. His company and name are huge! Because he had a dream and he fought hard to make it happen.
    And if he can, so can we. You just have to believe in yourself and be willing to work hard.

Anyways, I think I've been talking for long enough. I don't want you to get bored of me! I've said it before and I'll say it again: you are amazing. I doubt I'd be able to let go all of these amazing pets. I know they are basicly just pixels, but I still get attached to them. Perhaps that's just my autism. I respect you a lot for doing this. You've made many people happy, and a lot of people will remember you. You've shared many fun moments on CS with the community. I'm sure many people will love you. If you're this amazing in real life too, I'm sure you make the world around you a better place.

Thank you so much Shep! Best of luck in life.
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me