Anyone Else Doing NaNoWriMo?

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Anyone Else Doing NaNoWriMo?

Postby Vampbi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:18 pm

And if you are doing NaNoWriMo, tell me about your project! Or plans! Or just be excited!
I'm working on a New Weird Cosmic Horror type thing that's a story about an apocalypse (a WEIRD apocalypse hehehehe) and is also a love story because I put romance in everything I touch XD I'm not as hyped up as I usually am, but the excitement is deffo building! ^.^
(I'm also being a bit of a rebel because I work best when I have two projects to switch between and my other project is The Owl House fanfic shhhh don't tell lol ;) )
Felix, they/them, young adult

Vampbi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anyone Else Doing NaNoWriMo?

Postby JustDucky » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:00 am

I am thinking about doing NaNoWriMo, but I have no idea what to write about. I think it is a good motivation to finally work on my writing a bit more, but I have been having writer's block. I was thinking about doing some sort of mental health awareness thing, and/or maybe having the main character go through a breakup of a long-term relationship and showing how they cope with it. But I like having some sort of romance in the book.

Also, I have trouble figuring out names for my characters. It's like every name is taken already by someone I know, and I feel like that would be weird to use it.
ʆɩȵӄ credit
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Don't let your dreams stay memes."

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 36 people.
I have received 31 gifts.

She/Her
JustDucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:05 pm

I am going to attempt to do NaNoWriMo this year but it's not going to be a typical year for me. I am probably going to do a collection of unrelated short stories in one book or a collection of personal memories and treasures in one book.
The aim of my journey this year is to just write for extended periods of time and complete...something.
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JustDucky » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:38 am

cswolf. wrote:I am going to attempt to do NaNoWriMo this year but it's not going to be a typical year for me. I am probably going to do a collection of unrelated short stories in one book or a collection of personal memories and treasures in one book.
The aim of my journey this year is to just write for extended periods of time and complete...something.

That's pretty much my goal. So far I just hope to complete at least one of my WIP's.
ʆɩȵӄ credit
x

"Don't let your dreams stay memes."

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 36 people.
I have received 31 gifts.

She/Her
JustDucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby probablynotbees » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:21 pm

I'm 17.5k words in right now! Unfortunately I am kind of stumbling today because I think it's about time to move on to a second project. I knew from the beginning that the first thing I wanted to write about wouldn't last me 50k words, but I never actually decided what I'd write after that. Now I'm struggling over what to start as my second project ... I low-key want to write fanfic, or Flight Rising lore, but there's this little voice in my head that insists on working on an original project. Except none of my original projects really appeal to me right now. :(
they/them

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
probablynotbees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me