Tales of Elona || Prompts & Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Tales of Elona || Prompts & Writing

Postby Clementine Cloud » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:55 am

Land Prompt 4A:

Gloss had bid farewell to Endyria as she left with a group of sky people to make their way up to the Sky City. Gloss gazed upon the floating island from a distance, the giant chain connecting them to the land gleamed in the sunlight that broke through the clouds. What would that place be like? Gloss wondered with mild curiosity, but she knew in her heart she couldn’t leave the mountain. She was the only Guardian of Elona there was, aside from Endyria now, and fate had other things in store for her. So Gloss loyalled stayed on the mountain, reviewing the prophecies, petitioning Elona herself to guide Endyria on this quest, and to reveal to her what this prophecy meant. Gloss was content with staying there, though she did begin to wonder what the sea city would be like, and if Endyria would have to go there as well. She would have to ask Endyria all about it once everything was done. And who knows, maybe Gloss could visit those places some day. Or not. She’s not one for heights nor for getting her fur wet. Yeah, maybe she was perfectly content just staying on her mountain, dry and at peace.
(203/200)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:55 am

Sky Prompt 5A

Endyria returned with backup from the Sky City, taking her time but enjoying her new flight capabilities (she was very glad she didn’t have to climb back down the giant chain, with how bad going up had been she couldn’t imagine how hard climbing down would be.) But as they made it back to the camps, they noticed some strange occurrences happening. The leader of the sea camp explained how there had been unusual whirlpools, some much closer to shore than should be possible, popping up all over the place. And those in the sky camp said how they had to dodge low clouds that suddenly were solid like fluffy wool, some had crashed into them thinking they could fly through the mist like normal. And there on the ground they could see the few trees and rocks that had been plucked from the ground and now floated off the ground at varying heights. Gloss ran to Endyria to welcome her back, and explained that although the power of Elona did have some effects on the mountain, none of these events were normal. Endyria scratched her head as she looked around the area. The more she looked the more things were off. Some of the leaves on the trees were wildly different shapes than they were supposed to be. The sand would stick together and squish down like clay putty in random places. And for some reason every time she looked at the sun she’d sneeze! “No, no, I had a cousin like that, that's perfectly normal.” Okay maybe not that, but everything else was strange, with every quake it was like a new weird occurrence would pop up. It started with the whirlpools, then the floating rocks, then the weird sand, and the leaves, and all over everywhere you could feel this buzz, this static, this energy. Everyone felt it, it was like that feeling you get when theres an electric storm coming, but so much more intense. But for Endyria it was familiar. She’d felt this energy before. (340/200)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Land prompt 5B

“Why is this so familiar to me?” The question kept repeating itself in Endyria’s mind. She didn’t like it, she didn’t like not knowing why she’s seen these events happen before. It was like she was stuck having déjà vu every day at all times. All this power and energy that’s popping up, wreaking havoc on the camps of the sky and sea peoples, it’s like she’s seen it all happen before. “Why is this happening to me? I’ve never even been here before. Have I?” Endyria paced back and forth, wings stretching and pulling in reflexively trying to shake off some of these feelings. She still wasn’t used to her wings yet, but they too felt too familiar. How did she know how to fly if she only just yesterday grew these wings? So many questions and so little answers. She tried, at first, to distract herself with her training and with her positive attitude, but the weight of all these things slowly grew on her with the looming threat of the titan. It was as if the whole situation was playing out like a story book. The ending already decided. The tale already told. And like Endyria was just re-reading it again. Maybe it felt like this because of the prophecy? If the prophecy was true then it was in a sense, already decided. But the prophecy didn’t fortel that whirlpool she saw as she ran on the beach. Or that tree that was uprooted and dropped upside down. Or the little rocks and stones that floated just off the ground, hanging in the air like miniature versions of the Sky City’s floating islands. Even these little strange occurrences seemed familiar to Endyria, but that wasn’t the worst thing. Every time the ground quaked, Endyria heard the rumbling of a deep but distant growl. A roar of some creature heading toward her. The others didn’t seem to hear it yet, but Endyria was tuned in to the sound every time. Why had she heard this before? Endyria knew her memories from before this event were hazy, but surely, wouldn’t she remember if she had seen these things before? As she gazed upon the Mountain of Elona she wondered in her mind; “Why have you chosen me to be your champion? Was it because I’ve seen this before? I don’t remember, but its so familiar… Please, if you know something of this power that I don’t, please teach me.”
“All in due time, my champion. You will know what to do when the time comes.” Came the comforting voice she had heard when she first woke up. The voice of the mountain itself. Though this feeling of familiarity didn’t leave Endyria, the words of her patron brought reassurance to her. (461/400)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sky 5B

As Endyria progressed in her training all her teachers had found her to excel very quickly. It was like she was re-learning something she was already skilled in, if a bit rusty. But Endyria swore she had never done these things before, at least as far as she remembered. But that wasn’t the only thing others had begun to notice about her. The wings were definitely a surprise, but they figured maybe it was just a random fluke like how the rocks were floating and the waters churning in random directions, maybe whatever this chaotic energy was gave Endyria the wings? But that surely wouldn’t explain the dark marks that popped up upon her pink fur. “Hey, let me help you with that, it looks like you got some dirt on you from training.” Said a fox she’d been sparring with. But as he brushed the ‘dirt’ off her fur, nothing happened. He tried once more but still nothing. Only after a third try did Endyria finally turn to see it herself, and having changed angle the spot on her side caught the light. It was teal! She looked over herself once again and found another, on her leg this time, that one was purple! She tried to brush it off, maybe it was that chaotic energy again and they’d just go away like a light bruise. But In fact, the opposite happened. As she trained and grew stronger and more skilled, more and more of these colorful spots popped up all over her body. She was concerned at first, but as they developed she became used to it. More than used to it. It felt… right? She didn’t feel particularly missing anything before, but as these changes progressed she felt as if they had always been there, hiding just under the surface, waiting to come out. The same felt true of her skills and abilities. Her biggest weakness, she thought, was her lack of experience. But as time ran on it seemed more and more evident that that idea may not have been completely true. She again, looked to the mountain who had claimed her as its “champion” and she noticed that the trees from this distance were a similar shade of dark teal as were the spots she was developing. Maybe these things that happened to her weren’t from the chaotic energy of the Titan that had been affecting the landscape. Maybe these were from the power of Elona that she was slowly being given. Slowly so that when the time came, she’d have the power to meet whatever this foe was. (433/400)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:31 am

Sky and Sea event Final Prompt:
Endyria felt the pull of the Titan’s power on her heart. This was it, the Titan was here. A feeling of calm came upon the small cat as she approached the shore. The warriors from the sky and the sea held off the rock creatures that continued to hammer down on the beach. Gloss watched from a distance, stood by the cliff where the prophecy was carved, asking Elona to be with them. She watched as her new friend and companion, the chosen one of Elona’s prophecy, stepped into the water. But as Endyria stepped forward, toward the looming Titan’s power, the power of Elona filled her and her paws did not sink even an inch into the water. She walked across the surface, small glowing ripples flowing out from where each paw landed. All the warriors and fighters watched with awe and fear as the fabled champion finally walked out to meet the Titan in full force. She got a ways out into the water, far deeper than any sky or land dweller could tread for long, and suddenly, the water beneath began to glow with purple energy. Erupting from the water was the massive ancient Titan, a beast with the strongest of arms and sharpest of horns, loudest of bellows. Among the sounds of the brewing storm and the raging ocean, came the metallic clink of golden chains. The Titan stood before her, chains around its neck, horns, and wrists. Magic chains belonging to the one and only Lorena who floated just above the Titan. “It’s over land-dweller! You’re too late!” Lorena shouted to Endyria below, “I’ve slowly sapped the energy from the Titan, and now I’m finally powerful enough to have it under my control! He must obey my commands! With this creature’s power, I’m unstoppable!” The sorceress cackled. Endyria looked up at the Titan, forced into submission toward Lorena, but who gazed back at the small pink cat before him. Endyria was taken aback, his eyes were her own. The pull of the energy, the strange familiarity of it all, the glimpses of the events she’d been seeing. It wasn’t just the power of Elona’s prophecy, she was connected with the Titan. At that moment, their bond was solidified, and she could hear the Titan’s voice in her mind. “I am sorry, little one, I do not wish to do this. She has learned and stolen some of my power, and now I am under her control.” The deep and sorrowful voice pulled at her heart once more. “Is there anything I can do? I have to help you! We have to stop her!” Endyria cried, Elona’s power within her reaching out toward the Titan through their bond. The Titan huffed, feeling the power of the great mountain emanating from the little cat before him. “There… there might be a way.” The low voice said, “I am bound, I cannot use my power, but maybe… maybe you can.” With that, a shine glimmered in the ancient creature’s eyes as their gaze connected with Endyria once more. “Wait? What are you two doing?” Lorena finally noticed the silent conversation the two seemed to be having. “Whatever it is, its no use, I have all the power here!” The sorceress scoffed once more, overly confident. But she was wrong. A low rumbling, like the sound of thunder, emaciated from the ancient Titan, as he began to glow with a purple energy. Endyria herself began glowing with the teal energy of Elona she’d been given when Elona chose her as champion. The bond between her and the Titan was invisible, but could suddenly be felt to all, Lorena, Gloss, and all those of the sky and the sea. With one last groan, the Titan transferred his power into Endyria, giving her the last of his strength. Endyria’s eyes grew wide as her fur turned to a dark purple, like that of the titan, and glowing spots and markings of purple and teal sprouted as the powers of the ancient TItan and the great mountain Elona mixed within the champion. “No, no, no! What’s happening? My Titan! My power! What did you do?” Lorena cried, but it was too late. Endyria was filled with energy, and she flew up to meet the sorceress face to face. “It is over, sorceress.” She said, glowing eyes piercing into those of Lorena. “I will not be controlled any longer.” Endyria spoke again, but this time, the voice was that of the Titan. The voice rang out across the ocean and beach, even up to the mountain. The rock creatures finally stopped their attack, falling to the ground. “I will vanquish evil once more, my prophecy is fulfiled.” A third voice rang, as all those fighting on the beach watched in awe. Gloss recognized the voice as the one she’d heard spoken in her mind before, Elona. With that, a mix of purple and teal energies burst out from Endyria straight into Lorena, and with a final cry, all the stolen power was ripped from her. She fell to the ocean, powerless. Endyria returned to her senses, still brimming with energy, she flew down diving into the waters to save Lorena. “You have done wrong, but that does not mean you deserve to drown.” Endyria said, knowing Lorena probably couldn’t hear her. She flew the two of them back to shore, leaving the now powerless Lorena in the hands of her people. The sky and sea warriors Endyria had trained with cheered, and began to congratulate and celebrate their victory, but Endyra shook them off. “Wait, It’s not finished!” She looked back to the ocean, to where the Titan had slumped back into the water after giving her his power. She flew out and once more dived into the water. Deeper and deeper she swam, to where no light could reach them, the power within her drawing her toward its master. There, at the bottom of the ocean, she found him, sleeping and dormant without his power. She couldn’t breathe down there, but the surplus of power within her kept her from needing to. “You gave your all to me, to save us, the least I can do is return the favor.” The two voices of Endyria and the great mountain Elona spoke through their bond, and the Titan stirred. She transferred back his energy, but a part of it refused to leave her. Because of their bond, their connection, a part of the Titan’s power would always remain with her, and a part of Elona’s power transferred into the Titan as part of the fulfillment of the prophecy. The titan finally woke, and grinned, finally full strength after so much time! (Lorena had been slowly sapping his energy for years) The ancient beast gently grabbed Endyria and kicked off the bottom of the ocean straight up to the surface where they erupted with a large splash. Dragon-like wings sprung out from the Titan’s back and he carried them to the shore, much like Endyria had just done with Lorena. The sky and sea peoples were worried at first, thinking the battle wasn’t over, but as they grew nearer they could hear the cheering and laughing of the Titan and their champion, and they knew it was over. Everyone was safe, the Titan’s power had been returned, and with that so did his control over the chaotic energies that had run rampant through the area. Gloss smiled from her place on the mountain. She was about to run down to the beach to join in the revelry, but she turned back once more to the prophecy they had found. Surprisingly, the shattered pieces of rock had been re-connected, fused into one solid mural once more. And as she grew close, the once pink carved stone of the champion had now turned purple and teal to match the cat it prophecied. The prophecy was fulfilled, and all was well. [1342 words = 6 points]
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:31 am

Sky and Sea event Final Prompt:
Endyria felt the pull of the Titan’s power on her heart. This was it, the Titan was here. A feeling of calm came upon the small cat as she approached the shore. The warriors from the sky and the sea held off the rock creatures that continued to hammer down on the beach. Gloss watched from a distance, stood by the cliff where the prophecy was carved, asking Elona to be with them. She watched as her new friend and companion, the chosen one of Elona’s prophecy, stepped into the water. But as Endyria stepped forward, toward the looming Titan’s power, the power of Elona filled her and her paws did not sink even an inch into the water. She walked across the surface, small glowing ripples flowing out from where each paw landed. All the warriors and fighters watched with awe and fear as the fabled champion finally walked out to meet the Titan in full force. She got a ways out into the water, far deeper than any sky or land dweller could tread for long, and suddenly, the water beneath began to glow with purple energy. Erupting from the water was the massive ancient Titan, a beast with the strongest of arms and sharpest of horns, loudest of bellows. Among the sounds of the brewing storm and the raging ocean, came the metallic clink of golden chains. The Titan stood before her, chains around its neck, horns, and wrists. Magic chains belonging to the one and only Lorena who floated just above the Titan. “It’s over land-dweller! You’re too late!” Lorena shouted to Endyria below, “I’ve slowly sapped the energy from the Titan, and now I’m finally powerful enough to have it under my control! He must obey my commands! With this creature’s power, I’m unstoppable!” The sorceress cackled. Endyria looked up at the Titan, forced into submission toward Lorena, but who gazed back at the small pink cat before him. Endyria was taken aback, his eyes were her own. The pull of the energy, the strange familiarity of it all, the glimpses of the events she’d been seeing. It wasn’t just the power of Elona’s prophecy, she was connected with the Titan. At that moment, their bond was solidified, and she could hear the Titan’s voice in her mind. “I am sorry, little one, I do not wish to do this. She has learned and stolen some of my power, and now I am under her control.” The deep and sorrowful voice pulled at her heart once more. “Is there anything I can do? I have to help you! We have to stop her!” Endyria cried, Elona’s power within her reaching out toward the Titan through their bond. The Titan huffed, feeling the power of the great mountain emanating from the little cat before him. “There… there might be a way.” The low voice said, “I am bound, I cannot use my power, but maybe… maybe you can.” With that, a shine glimmered in the ancient creature’s eyes as their gaze connected with Endyria once more. “Wait? What are you two doing?” Lorena finally noticed the silent conversation the two seemed to be having. “Whatever it is, its no use, I have all the power here!” The sorceress scoffed once more, overly confident. But she was wrong. A low rumbling, like the sound of thunder, emaciated from the ancient Titan, as he began to glow with a purple energy. Endyria herself began glowing with the teal energy of Elona she’d been given when Elona chose her as champion. The bond between her and the Titan was invisible, but could suddenly be felt to all, Lorena, Gloss, and all those of the sky and the sea. With one last groan, the Titan transferred his power into Endyria, giving her the last of his strength. Endyria’s eyes grew wide as her fur turned to a dark purple, like that of the titan, and glowing spots and markings of purple and teal sprouted as the powers of the ancient TItan and the great mountain Elona mixed within the champion. “No, no, no! What’s happening? My Titan! My power! What did you do?” Lorena cried, but it was too late. Endyria was filled with energy, and she flew up to meet the sorceress face to face. “It is over, sorceress.” She said, glowing eyes piercing into those of Lorena. “I will not be controlled any longer.” Endyria spoke again, but this time, the voice was that of the Titan. The voice rang out across the ocean and beach, even up to the mountain. The rock creatures finally stopped their attack, falling to the ground. “I will vanquish evil once more, my prophecy is fulfiled.” A third voice rang, as all those fighting on the beach watched in awe. Gloss recognized the voice as the one she’d heard spoken in her mind before, Elona. With that, a mix of purple and teal energies burst out from Endyria straight into Lorena, and with a final cry, all the stolen power was ripped from her. She fell to the ocean, powerless. Endyria returned to her senses, still brimming with energy, she flew down diving into the waters to save Lorena. “You have done wrong, but that does not mean you deserve to drown.” Endyria said, knowing Lorena probably couldn’t hear her. She flew the two of them back to shore, leaving the now powerless Lorena in the hands of her people. The sky and sea warriors Endyria had trained with cheered, and began to congratulate and celebrate their victory, but Endyra shook them off. “Wait, It’s not finished!” She looked back to the ocean, to where the Titan had slumped back into the water after giving her his power. She flew out and once more dived into the water. Deeper and deeper she swam, to where no light could reach them, the power within her drawing her toward its master. There, at the bottom of the ocean, she found him, sleeping and dormant without his power. She couldn’t breathe down there, but the surplus of power within her kept her from needing to. “You gave your all to me, to save us, the least I can do is return the favor.” The two voices of Endyria and the great mountain Elona spoke through their bond, and the Titan stirred. She transferred back his energy, but a part of it refused to leave her. Because of their bond, their connection, a part of the Titan’s power would always remain with her, and a part of Elona’s power transferred into the Titan as part of the fulfillment of the prophecy. The titan finally woke, and grinned, finally full strength after so much time! (Lorena had been slowly sapping his energy for years) The ancient beast gently grabbed Endyria and kicked off the bottom of the ocean straight up to the surface where they erupted with a large splash. Dragon-like wings sprung out from the Titan’s back and he carried them to the shore, much like Endyria had just done with Lorena. The sky and sea peoples were worried at first, thinking the battle wasn’t over, but as they grew nearer they could hear the cheering and laughing of the Titan and their champion, and they knew it was over. Everyone was safe, the Titan’s power had been returned, and with that so did his control over the chaotic energies that had run rampant through the area. Gloss smiled from her place on the mountain. She was about to run down to the beach to join in the revelry, but she turned back once more to the prophecy they had found. Surprisingly, the shattered pieces of rock had been re-connected, fused into one solid mural once more. And as she grew close, the once pink carved stone of the champion had now turned purple and teal to match the cat it prophecied. The prophecy was fulfilled, and all was well. [1342 words = 6 points]
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me