Kinori Pride Writing - VOK - DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Zylas x Kyra Breeding Prompt (747 words) - Used

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:57 am

"Zylas?" A small and rather weak voice sounded across the darkness. The lioness had something on her mind that she wished to discuss with her mate. She knew he would be understanding, as he often was. He was never the type to turn away from her and he was always there for her when she needed him.

Despite this, the young male was nowhere to be seen. The Moonlight shone for a split second over their nest. But it was more than enough time to reveal to her that he was not in their den.

"Where could he have run off to?" She quietly pondered to herself. It was not like him to go off on night walks or to go out so late. She decided to look for him in his more usual hangout areas of the camp, but still, there was no sign of him anywhere. A small, nagging voice in her mind told her that he had run away. But she already knew that this wasn't true. He probably just has a lot on his mind recently. Having recently been promoted to the advisor of the pride, she could understand the stress he would be under, trying to manage everyone at once, while still having shots thrown at him from the leader for being with his ex-queen.

Kyra sighed. She didn't want to think about her leader any longer, as the thought of him still angered her. She just wanted her current love.

Feeling nostalgic for her current relationship, she decided to go visit the place where they had first met. Passing by the night watch was not easy, but she had remembered going over their route from her previous position within the pride. She took the bushes on the east side of the camp, just outside of the guard's view. She took note that perhaps she might need to talk to him about that blind spot later, as it could actually become an issue if danger arose. But for now, she could afford to let it slip.

She took the thin path towards the forest, winding along the trees and bushes that appeared so suddenly under the cover of night. Until at least, she had made it. The lake spread wide over the land, stars glittered across it's reflective surface.

"Out on a midnight stroll, are we?" Kyra was so in awe of the beautiful view in front of her, that she had failed to notice the footsteps from behind her. She also failed to notice the shadow that now fell over her. She jumped in surprise, not expecting anyone else to be out at this time.

"Zylas! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" She hissed towards him. She gave him a playful swat, showing that she wasn't actually angry towards him. "Don't do things like that". Her voice grew softer as she gave him a gentle headbutt.

"I just felt a bit... Restless. I wanted to reflect my time with you. It has truly been a magical journey." He sighs, his voice full of love towards her.

"It would seem as though you’ve come to do the same?" He gave her a quizzical, yet amused look. He felt happy that he was able to share this view with her yet again.

"Well actually, I came to talk to you. But when I couldn't find you, I decided to come here." Kyra admitted, feeling a little embarrassed to admit it.

Zylas gave an apologetic glance towards Kyra. He hadn't meant to scare her like that. In fact, he had thought she was already sound asleep.

"I am truly sorry for that." He licks her forehead and nuzzles against her, trying to comfort her with his presence.

"I am here now. What is it that you wanted to discuss?" He tilts his head, his gaze full of curiosity.

"Well, Zylas..." She gulps, afraid of his reaction to the news she was about to present to him. "I'm expecting cubs. They're yours." She goes quiet, flinching a bit. She didn't know how he would react towards this.

"Truly?" His voice full of hope, Zylas twinned his tail in delight with his mate, nuzzling her face with his. A small purr chimed out in the night air.

"Truly." She purred back, relaxing against his embrace. The two of them watched the lake in silence, leaning against each other until the sun rose. In that moment, they couldn't be any happier than they were just now.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hazmir x Onyesha Breeding Prompt - 2nd (786 words) - Used

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:44 am

Another collab between Moonlight Heavens and myself. Again, notes at the end for each person's writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Alarin, are you ready yet? They'll be here soon!" Hazmir calls from the outside of his den.

"Nearly done, dad!" Alarin calls back.

The two had been planning a trip with the rest of their family from the The Pride of The Sacred Sands, who were neighbours to their own pride. Alarin hadn't seen his brother, Sefu, in ages and was hoping to fill him in on all he had done since. The two were usually inseparable, so it was hard for the two to be apart for this long. Hazmir hadn't seen Onyesha in a while either and was keen to catch up with his mate.

Alarin appears from the den, finally finished packing everything for the trip. The both of them eager for the journey.

The two of them catch up with the rest of their family just outside the entrance of the camp. Seeing Alarin, Sefu charges towards him. Hazmir and Onyesha give each other a glance, before giving a hearty laugh at the two, who are now energetically playing with one another.

Once greetings were out of the way, the family decides that the mountainous region to the north could make for a nice trip. After all, it isn't often that lions get to go that high up.

The small group begins their adventure by climbing the steep mountain path. At first, it was a bit hard for them to get used to because of the small pebbles underfoot, but they acclimated to it in time. - (251 words, Written by WolfstormSC)

Onyesha walked near her mate brushing her fur against his side. Giveing the male a playful nip on his ear. Hazmir chuckled responding with an effectionate nuzzle. "I missed you love." He rumbled with a smile his violet shaded eyes reflecting in the dim evening light. Onyesha placed her paw on his as she placed her head under his chin. "Likewise dear" she purred with a smile.
Unfortunately thier nuzzle session was intrupted as both cubs suddenly darted past them. Alarin swiped out his paw catching his brother off balance, before he pinned him down. A victorious grin on his face. "One point for me!" Sefu narrowed his eyes in a challenge, useing all four of his paws he successfully flipped his brother aside, quickly stumbling on his paws to pin his brother down. "And that gives a point for me!" Hazmir looked at Onyesha with worry.

When her eyes reflected the same worrisome expression, they knew they must stop this imdeatly. One slip on this steep incline... Besides the whole point of this trip was to spend time as family. Not to return home with a serious injury. After the two scolded the boys, they continued onwards. However thier words were lost to deaf ears as the two once again engaged in competition. The two brothers raced eachother, trying to see who will first reach the top.
"Be careful please!" Onyesha called after them. It took a while for them to respond as their reply came over their shoulders. "We will!" Well with the two of them engaging in thier own form of brotherly love, it provided the two of them even more time to spend together. Slowly but surely they made thier way higer and higer. And with the sun slowly starting to decend from the heavenly sky it truely made the view a beautiful sight. Not only beautiful but romantic as well. Eventually they reached the top and were met with the sight of Alarin and Sefu laying curled up next to eachother soundly asleep. So one can assume they both won? We will never know.

Hazmir layed down near Onyesha's side watching the sun slowly make way for it's nightime sibling. When looking back at his mate he noticed she had something on her mind. Parting his jaws to ask her what was wrong she intrupted him by laying her head against his shoulder. "I...have something to tell you love" Hazmir began to grow nervous, turning his head to face his mate. That was when he finally noticed. His heart skipped a beat awaiting on her next words to confirm if it was true. And what she said next nearly made him faint and cry out in joy. "Im expecting..." the lioness murmured with happiness echoing his joy. When the moon rose and coated the landscape in its gentle embrace, Onyesha shared the news with the boys. They were absolutely ecstatic, they were going to be big brothers! After whoops of joy and affectionate nuzzles the family fell silent. Laying next to eachother observeing the night sky, and when they drifted off the stars too seemed to congratulate the family. - (524 words, written by Moonlight Heavens)
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Taro's Time (604 words) - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Taro found it rather hard to adapt to the life of a pride, but she found it a lot better than the hyena clans. If her old friends found her, they might believe that she has been captured and taken prisoner. But no, they would have misread the situation. Taro saw the many benefits of the pride and as such, willingly asked the leader if she could join them. The pride was sceptical at first, but she soon showed her worth and the pride quickly made use of her unique pattern.

Luckily for her, it helped that there was already another trusted hyena within the pride.

"You're leaving again?" A shadow lurked behind her. She hadn't noticed it's appearance at first, but perhaps it was because she was so focused on preparing to leave on her journey. The shadow's green gaze pierced through her, causing her to briefly shiver.

"Yeah. You know that I have to. I'll be back soon, Bahru." She gives a brief nod to the dark male, before turning back to her things.

Despite both being hyenas, they had adjusted well to the lives of lions.

"You know, perhaps I'd be better at this kind of job. Sneaking is my specialty, after all." Bahru sneered, trying to tease Taro. He butted at her shoulder playfully, but she didn't react.

"What, and alert the enemy with your white spots? Sure thing, Polka dot." Taro sneers back, a grin plastered across her face.

Bahru grumbles, before giving a sigh of defeat and trudging away. He knew he had lost and that Taro had to go soon, so perhaps it was better to leave her alone for now.

The mismatched hyena choked down a hearty laugh at her mate's departure, knowing her preparations were more important than banter right now. The two had a competitive relationship, but they really did care for one another. At times, it was just difficult to show. Still, they knew how one another felt without even having to put in into words.

She finishes the last of her preparations and sets out of the pride's caves.

Taking a deep breath, she could feel the cool night's breeze dancing through her fur. This was her time and no one else's. The time in which she felt most alive. She felt like she could do anything in this calm, relaxing atmosphere.

As a nightcrawler, her job was to survey the area and report back any suspicious behaviour. Her pattern allowed her to watch others under the cover of night. Most mistaking her for a rock or some form of landmark. This was useful to her, as she could gain all sorts of intel from being close to others, all without them having the faintest hint. As much as she hates to admit it, she sometimes rolls in mud to hide her scent. This also helps with her markings, as the mud blends in with her fur even more, creating the illusion of nothing more than some patterned granite.

Some might think of her job as a lonely one, but she thinks that it is rather peaceful. With all of the busy life during the day, it gets exhausting rather quickly. Sometimes you just need some time to yourself. On special occasions, she might even take Bahru with her when he had no work to do. They enjoyed those quiet walks together, surveying the area.

Regardless of why she enjoyed it, her job was a crucial one that has helped stop ambushes in the past. Even if she doesn't find much sometimes, it is still something that is needed, just in case.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Land prompt : Day 1A - 223/200 words - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 am

For development purposes, these prompts will be about Raiyo

Land prompt : Day 1A - Requirement: 200 words
Your new arrival is greeted by your group/pride, explain the pride's response

Raiyo hesitantly stepped over to the land dwellers, unsure of how she should first introduce herself. She didn't know the customs here, but she knew that she was important to this quest.

The pride stares at the lion for a second, rather confused. This lion seemed... Normal? In comparison to the rest of the newcomers, at least. Aside from looking strangely like a tiger, Raiyo looked like a perfectly normal lion. She did have feathers on her heels and ears, something that was different, but it wasn't different enough to cause that much curiosity.

The leader of the group steps forward, clearing his voice.

"Welcome to the Kinori Pride." He bows at Raiyo, a signal of respect for all sides, something enough that was easy to understand, no matter what side you were from.

The rest of his pride peaks at her from a distance, whispers filling the air. She hopes that her present wasn't badly received, but at the same time, this made her quite nervous.

Ralikai watches her gaze, catching on that Raiyo was staring at his whispering pride mates.

"Don't mind them, they're just a bit surprised by all of this, it's new to them. Come on, let me show you around." He casts a glare at the gossiping lions, before nudging the new hero away, deeper into the territory. (223 words)
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sky prompt : Day 2A - 207/200 words - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:43 am

Your hero should have a friend or two they can rely on. If you can't trust your teammates you'll never succeed in battle. Who (or what) becomes your hero's friend while they stay among your group/pride

Requirement: 200 words
Reward: 2 AC

When first staying at the pride, it seemed that not too many others were that interested in meeting her. Aside from the leader, the pride kept to themselves.

However, because of this, this meant that Raiyo and the leader would often spend a lot of time together, eventually becoming pretty comfortable and pretty close. As a hero, she was of great interest to Ralikai. And as someone new to the lands, Raiyo had a lot of questions to ask the young king. Indeed, the two worked hand in hand to exchange valuable information from one another, never seeming to judge or fight. As someone who hailed from the sky region, Raiyo was also able to give the pride vital information on new ways to look for food or even information on how to do something differently.

But through this whole visit, Ralikai was someone that Raiyo felt like she could always rely on. To her, he almost felt much too soft to be the leader. But she had seen for herself that he was capable of such things and could be tough when he needed to be. He was also always able to make sure that she was comfortable and well-fed, something that she was thankful for.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Land prompt : Day 2A - 220/200 - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:54 am

How is your pride handling this news and the new imposing threat? Who's panicking? Who's handling it well? Is anyone fleeing to somewhere safer?

Requirement: 200 words, or 1 fullbody sketch
Reward: Color: 2 AC

"Don't panic everyone, don't panic!" Kazumi nearly screams as the lands were hit with yet another shockwave.

For most of the pride, they had grown accustomed to it. Some were still fearful, but they were reassured by the hero being there, as well as both the sky and sea groups being there.

In fact, the only one that was really panicking was... Kazumi.

"Kazumi, you do realise that you're the only one panicking, right?" Ralikai sighs. Sometimes the young male's energy could be a blessing and it could boost others morale. Other times... It could get a bit exhausting to deal with, even for the king, who always tried to be patient with his pride members.

Kazumi turned around slowly, unaware of the larger lion being right behind him.

"Oh, of course," He gulps, flinching for a split second. He then tries to regain his composure, almost as if he hadn't been anything more than a frightened cub a few heartbeats ago.

"Apologies, my lord." He dips his head, shame filling his heart. He looks around to see life almost the same as always. The cubs were still playing and everyone was still doing their usual things.

"I'll do better, for them." He flicks his ear towards the rest of the pride. Ralikai gives a brief nod, acknowledging the pledge.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sky prompt : Day 3A - 212/200 words - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:12 am

These little magical beings are causing chaos! How does your pride deal with the tiny rock creatures running about causing mayhem? Who's on "pest duty?"

Reward: 2 AC

"Maijo, take as many lions as you see fit. As commander of our army, I leave you in change with picking who deals with what here." Ralikai nods to the battle-scared lioness, who promptly bows back in return.

"Coevi and Zylas, you two will be with me. We will personally see to it that the numbers of these things will be cut down, for the sake of the rest of us." She pauses, before turning to the cave guard.

"Omiros, do as you have always done. Protect our pride with all of your might while we are out. Not a single one is to get past you." She nods to him, before charging away with the others that she had chosen. Omiros takes up his position at the foot to the entrance of the pride's camp, and waits for any suspicious activity.

Once out, Coevi takes great pleasure in erasing the stone creatures as quickly and as brutally as she can, even trying to keep score. Meanwhile, the other two give a much more methodical approach. Maijo looks for weak points, then strikes. Zylas likes to use his own method of doing things, and prefers to sneak up on them.

All eventually work at reducing the numbers, while keeping the pride secure.

Small beings made of rock surge through the lands. While a little sceptical about a titan really being the cause of all of this, they have no issues believing in it now.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Land prompt : Day 3A - 212/200 words - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:20 am

The constant attacks have demoralized some of the pride members... how does the leader in charge keep everyone inspired and hopeful?

While trying to constantly defend from this new threat, Ralikai realizes that it has taken a huge toll on the pride. Some, who have never had to face endless sieges such as these, grow weary and tired. Sick of the day in, day out of war. Others have grown quite fearful, unsure of how long this will last and even if they will really ever be safe anymore. Can they really keep these things at bay?

He calls a meeting to discuss such things, acknowledging how tired everyone is from the ever going chaos. He tries to assure them that the hero is in fact, nearly ready. It was someone that was chosen by both the sky and the sea, who both foretold of the giants coming. So surely, they must have some grasp on the situation. He also tries to assure them that with the help of these two groups, things will undoubtedly start to get much better and the lands will start to flourish once more.

He asks that his pride just be a little more patient with this, but eventually they will succeed and this war will come to pass. They will be able to help the hero and their stories will be told for many generations to come.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sea prompt : Day 3A - 219/200 - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:29 am

No skimping on training! Your hero needs to find some armor. They have a weapon- but without any protection they'll be useless! What do they use to protect themselves? Armor, or just their natural speed or strength?

"Armor? What's that? We do not have that." Ralikai tilts his head, a bit unsure of what the hero is trying to ask of him. He had never used such a thing, as his pride was for the most part, normal lions who only just learnt how to make sculptures with fairly primitive tools.

"Well then... At least you must have weapons, right?" Raiyo sighs, feeling a bit defeated. Would she really be safe without something like armor?

"No, there is no such thing here." Ralikai looks at her, still puzzled. Here, they used their bare teeth and claws.

Perhaps he could ask the artesian to make something that might help.

"Actually, come with me. We might be able to get you something." He ponders thoughtfully, making his way to Gyro's den. He proceeds to explain what he needs for the war.

Puzzled at first, Gyro soon understood what was required of him. He quickly got to work and made some armor, made from materials that the merchant had gathered for him. Some light chainmail did well enough to serve this purpose, along with a fine sword, perfect enough for Raiyo to use in combat. She thanks them both, before getting to work training with the items, to make sure she'd be used to them when the time came.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Land prompt: Day 3B - 401/400 words - Claimed

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:42 am

What is your hero doing to help against the rock creatures? Are they actively fighting them, or dismissing them to focus on their training? Why?

Requirement: 400 words
Reward: Marking style: 3 AC

"If I may be as so bold to ask, why am I still training here and not getting some field experience out there? Wouldn't it be better if I helped the patrols to fend off the enemy as well?" Raiyo tilts her head, puzzled for the leader's decision to have her keep training within the camp and not to actually fight anything outside.

"Well, that is quite simple. You are not ready just yet. You have not learnt all there is to know about the way that we fight, or the techniques that we use. In saying that, it would be a shame if you got hurt right before the biggest part of the war, wouldn't you agree?" Ralikai tried his best to explain to his new friend, trying not to seem too aggressive about it. He knew that she was angry about being cramped up in the camp all day, but she needed to master the basics if she had any hopes of fighting the bigger things.

Although the sword was not part of the pride's usual weaponry, Raiyo was quite clumsy with it still. This made him a bit concerned for her safety, as he would much rather that she was safe.

Raiyo gives a frustrated sigh. She knew that he was right, but she didn't want to admit that to him, especially with the war coming even closer. She had to get stronger and it had to be quick. She nodded, before pledging that she will do her best to learn further.

Even her teachers had noted to her that she was slacking in some key aspects, she just didn't want to admit it at the time. But since Ralikai had said it, she now had no choice but to admit that they were right. They had always noted that her footing was wrong, or that she was at a weird angle with her attacks. No matter, this was something that she would now dedicate her time to, just to make sure that she would actually get it right. Instead of ignoring those words of feedback, she vowed that she would instead take them in, and learn from them.

For the sake of all three kingdoms and for her own sake as well, she had to do this and she had to get it right. She made sure that she would always do her best to achieve this.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes