[ — minutiae

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[ — minutiae

Postby Euthymios » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:09 am

minutiae.
(n.) the small, precise details that make
one unique

[ just a smol humble writing thread for my cac clan foresthall ]
please do not post unless you are me | but feel free to read to your heart's content.

credit for flowers: (xxx)
Euthymios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Euthymios » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:08 am

────────────────

temperament
    foresthall, the castle-city of the autumn court, is a place known for its beauty, vibrant scenery, and grandeur. it's sometimes called by outsiders as "the court of foxes" for good reason. the cats have a deadly, alluring charisma. they're impeccably mannered, coming across as benevolent and harmless. but don't be fooled, for their beauty can hide a truly deadly opponent. just like the foxes for which they were named, the environment of foresthall is highly competitive, with every cat, especially those of royal blood, intent on the throne. as a result, the cats are cunning; skilled in manipulation and deception. given the right incentive, these cats can be the first to stab you in the back, often without warning. daggers hide in men's smiles. you can never truly trust one of them unless you absolutely know them through and through, which is nearly impossible. they're the first to smile, but they work on an agenda and conceal their ulterior motives from prying eyes. the cats of foresthall often spend their days in reclusion. they are not very open to outsiders and stick to themselves. foresthall cats are known for being quite stubborn and set in their ways, preferring to follow tradition instead of embracing new ideas. whenever they do have to come out of their shell, it's not usually good. a cat's political standing can influence a great many things in the clan, from public reputation to blood-right and inheritance to even their right to compete for the throne. cats of foresthall are fiery and quick to their temper. they are not above utilizing callous and cutthroat tactics to achieve victory, and sometimes it seems like they're loyalty is only to themselves. like a fire out of control, these cats have a ferocious temper when provoked and won't back down until their opponent has either fled or died. flaws and fears of an individual are hidden away or at least conquered. in the end, however, these tactics ensure the strength of the clan as a whole, since it ensures only the strongest of them survive.

worship
    the autumn court worship one central heavenly molly called the mother. the mother is she who created all life in the court. because of this, she-cats tend to have a more dominant role in the clan - occupying higher positions and having more power. (e.g. the monarch and the king consort). when a cat dies, presuming they have lived a life of virtue and duty, their spirit meets the mother, who takes them into heaven. cats of foresthall often recite a funeral prayer for the dead blessing their soul and wishing them safe passage into the afterlife: mother hold you. may you pass through the gates, and smell that immortal land of milk and honey. may you fear no evil. feel no pain. may you go, and enter eternity.

hierarchy
    the hierarchy of foresthall is vastly different from those of other clans, and is somewhat reminiscent of an ancient, mediaeval kingdom. the clan is ruled by a she-cat with the title: autumn monarch. unlike in most clans where a monarch may enter office through bloodlines or through deputyship, the monarch is selected through political strength and her leadership skills. she does not gain the nine lives as per usual. the monarch's name, honoring the undying fire of foresthall, ends in -flame. the mate of the monarch is usually referred to as the "lord of autumn" or more commonly, "king consort." however, the king consort actually has little power compared to the queen. together, they are the ruling pair of foresthall. their kits are referred to as "scions." while scions have great social standing within foresthall and usually take on high-blooded roles in the court, they are not immediately guaranteed the throne due to the way the monarch is selected. the monarch has an advisor who keeps her counsel on court matters. the advisor has similar duties to a deputy (e.g. managing patrol, assigning mentors, delivering letters from members of the clan to the monarch, etc.) the court healer and their apprentice of foresthall is called the "soothsayer" and the "soothsayer's courier' respectively. the military of the autumn court is collectively called the bane who are commanded by the general. the general's squire is essentially his second in command, who accompanies him into battle. after the general dies, the squire ascends to the general's rank and selects a new general in their place. the hunters, scouts, and messengers, are collectively referred to as the "redwings." redwings technically speaking rank below the bane. apprentices in foresthall are referred to as initiates. queens are called "mothers" and kits are called "saplings." the elderly are called "veterans." however, these cats are unusually sparse. they're chased off from patrol, as they are deemed unfit for court life. only those with great military distinction retire in peace.

territory
    the territory of foresthall is mostly a dense taiga / spruce forest at the crest of a mountain range. the leaves of the trees are a bedazzling latticework of various shades of red, orange, and gold, making it seem as if the court is stuck permanently in autumn. it is from here that foresthall gets its renowned beauty. the air is laced with a sweet autumnal fragrance, like ripe apples and roasted chestnuts. the climate is rather cold here in the court, and there are rumors that it is this frigidness that led to the icy demeanor of the foresthall cats.

physiology
    the cats of foresthall are as beautiful as their court, and move with easy, confident grace. all cats tend to sport long, thick, pelts that help to combat the cold. the females tend to be svelte and graceful, while the males are generally more muscular. while the cats of foresthall have pelts that come in all colors of the rainbow (metaphorically speaking) lighter dappled pelts, such as bengals, tabbies, calicos, or tortoiseshells, are more common so as to help blend into the foliage.
Euthymios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

index of cats

Postby Euthymios » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:07 am

total : five felines [ updated 02/6/2021 ]

a
      applenose, ♀, royal advisor.

b

c
      cloverdusk, ♂, redwing.

d

e

f
      fallenflame, ♀, monarch.

g

h

i

j
      jademist, ♂, redwing.

k

l

m

n

o

p
      pantherhowl, ♂, fighter in the bane.

q

r

s

t

u

v

w

x

y

z
Euthymios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Euthymios » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:08 am

SET PROMPTS

strike means finished

red means currently working on / wip

( ━ ✰ describe a character's reaction to getting rejected
( ━ ✰ describe your deputy/beta/second messing up, big time.
( ━ ✰ describe how your group would react to a new type of prey in their territory.
( ━ ✰ describe a kit's/pup's/child's escapades on a normal day in your group.
( ━ ✰ describe your leader's least favorite task.
( ━ ✰ describe the most annoying patient your med cat/shaman/healer has dealt with.
( ━ ✰ describe how your cats/dogs/people react to a particularly beautiful sunset.
( ━ ✰ describe how your cats/dogs/people handle rain.
( ━ ✰ describe a favorite hangout of one of your cats/dogs/people.
( ━ ✰ describe how your group reacts when a small dog gets lost on your territory.
( ━ ✰ describe a place your group avoids.
( ━ ✰ describe the place everyone knows about, but they all think only they know about it.
( ━ ✰ describe the place all kits/pups/children sneak out to.
( ━ ✰ describe the most dangerous place in your territory.
( ━ ✰ describe the most beautiful place in your territory.
( ━ ✰ describe an odd quirk of one of your cats/dogs/person.
( ━ ✰ describe a single training session
( ━ ✰ describe a single patrol/hunt
( ━ ✰ describe what your group felt after a death
( ━ ✰ does your leader believe in their ancestors? show as to why or why not.
( ━ ✰ describe your group's reaction to a particularly violent storm
( ━ ✰ describe how you group appears to an outsider
( ━ ✰ describe a common negative trait found in your group
( ━ ✰ describe one thing your group hates
( ━ ✰ describe an individual your group could never accept
( ━ ✰ describe the best way to get out of work in your group
( ━ ✰ describe your groups reaction to music
( ━ ✰ describe your groups funerary rites/what they do with their dead
( ━ ✰ describe your groups birthing rites/what they do with/for their newborn
( ━ ✰ describe an inside joke your group has
( ━ ✰ describe what your group does if a newborn dies
( ━ ✰ describe a young member's first love
( ━ ✰ describe the worst job in camp
( ━ ✰ describe an individual who is a favorite of the younger members
( ━ ✰ describe a younger individual who drives the older members crazy
( ━ ✰ describe the first snow/winter
( ━ ✰ imagine your group suddenly were invaded. describe the situation
( ━ ✰ describe how your group reacts to a natural phenomenon
( ━ ✰ describe the leader’s favorite member who IS NOT family
( ━ ✰ describe the most complicated relation between two members
( ━ ✰ describe the hardest choice your leader will have/had to make
( ━ ✰ describe a time when your group was desperate
( ━ ✰ describe what would happen if your leader and deputy/s all fell ill
( ━ ✰ describe what would happen if the med cat(s)/shaman(s)/healer(s) all disappeared
( ━ ✰ describe what would happen if your group had to change camps
( ━ ✰ describe how your deputy/s handle disrespect
( ━ ✰ describe the first time the med cat/shaman/healer failed to save a member
( ━ ✰ describe a member who is hiding a secret and what that secret is
( ━ ✰ describe how your group handles sickness
( ━ ✰ describe the easiest way for your group to catch prey

0/50 prompts written
FLEXIBLE PROMPTS

strike means finished

purple means currently working on / wip

( ━ ✰ "Please, leave him."
( ━ ✰ "I hope the dawn never comes."
( ━ ✰ "They never crossed the stream."
( ━ ✰ "Run to the moors."
( ━ ✰ "I hate to see you smile like that."
( ━ ✰ "Why do you never slow down?"
( ━ ✰ "Who told you so?"
( ━ ✰ "Fight me now. Before it's too late."
( ━ ✰ "There is only one poison that is its own remedy, and that is hope."
( ━ ✰ "I swear, there were five kits."
( ━ ✰ "Why do you listen to them?"
( ━ ✰ "Just....let me know."
( ━ ✰ "This doesn't change anything you know."
( ━ ✰ "He still cares."
( ━ ✰ "I never betrayed who I am."
( ━ ✰ "You know you want to."
( ━ ✰ "Just relax!"
( ━ ✰ "Please....I know him."
( ━ ✰ "You're about twenty seconds too late."
( ━ ✰ "And then, it appeared!"
( ━ ✰ I wish I had chosen a different path.
( ━ ✰ "I'm so sorry. There's no hope."
( ━ ✰ "Is there another way/path?"
( ━ ✰ "But.. you promised.."
( ━ ✰ "We do what we must because we can."
( ━ ✰ "For the good of us all."
( ━ ✰ "Death to the innocent ___!"
( ━ ✰ "Stop iiiiit.."
( ━ ✰ "Wait for me!"
( ━ ✰ "Shut. Up!"
( ━ ✰ "Please. This is an art form."
( ━ ✰ "They'll never see if coming..."
( ━ ✰ "Don't tell me you haven't thought it."
( ━ ✰ "No. Just. No. Never!"
( ━ ✰ "What? Why?"
( ━ ✰ "That is completely illogical."
( ━ ✰ "Never insult them again...!"
( ━ ✰ "There's always an excuse, isn't there?"
( ━ ✰ "She said he said you said they said she said he needed to leave."
( ━ ✰ "Stop messing with the tree and bite it!"
( ━ ✰ "Excuse me, but you're not actually in charge?"
( ━ ✰ "That... seems extreme?"
( ━ ✰ "I don't understand why you feel the need to keep talking."
( ━ ✰ "They're dead okay!? Gone!"
( ━ ✰ "Oh yes, do explain."
( ━ ✰ "Oh, I'm sure he was flying - that's logical!"
( ━ ✰ "Ugg, you idiot."
( ━ ✰ "Please... I shouldn't..."
( ━ ✰ "I loved you... but now I'm not sure..."
( ━ ✰ "Why are you always in the middle of it?"

0/50 prompts written

Last bumped by Euthymios on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:08 am.
Euthymios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me