➳ who are you again..? { cyoa } open!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

➳ who are you again..? { cyoa } open!

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:35 pm

imagine this: you wake up and can't remember who you are.
you can't remember anything but your name. where are you?
how ever on earth did you get there? but also..
what are you? you seem human but quickly realize -
➳ maybe you aren't!?
so what are you then? human? shape-shifter? vampire?

doesn't sound like much fun, does it?
well, this is where I invite you along for a
journey with Shiloh. who's Shiloh? he can't
even answer that question. it's up to you
to help him figure that part out.
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ what are the rules again..? { rules & character log }

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm

the rules are honestly pretty simple around
these parts. just follow the few we have and we'll have a good time.

➳ fcfs - if someone beats you to picking the next part don't throw a hissy. if this ever does get so popular you feel you can't pick an outcome pm me and we'll figure something out.
➳ be polite - mind your manners and above all else be respectful.
➳ have fun - don't forget to wear your smiles.
➳ post whenever - any kind of post (so long as polite and/or positive) is allowed. so long as it's about the story/possible plot outcomes/suggestions don't be afraid to speak up.
➳ cs rules - remember to always follow the site rules.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ who is this about again..? { cyoa } [character log]

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm

as for who is in this story.. let's find out.
most, if not all, new characters will be introduced
through choices up you, the player. sometimes
the option to find a new character won't be so easily
spotted and it might be as simple as following a certain path!
keep your eyes open for new characters and maybe even
new traits for already existing characters!

shiloh
      blessing; unknown
      ♂ | age: ~17
      physical traits; emerald eyes
      key personality traits; trustin
      "Hi. I'm Shiloh."

rowan
      blessing; shares a spirit with murk
      ♂ | age: ~21
      physical traits; blonde hair, brilliant blue eyes, pale skin
      very gentle soul and very forgiving.
      "what are you doing on my territory?"

murk
      blessing; shares a spirit with rowan
      ♀ | horse
      physical traits; grulla mare with bald face, brilliant blue eyes identical to rowan
      rowan's faithful steed.
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ where am i again..? { cyoa }

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Shiloh woke up with his face in a patch of dew covered ivy. He winced as his eyes opened, instantly regretting his decision. His head pounded and he quickly drew an arm over his face to shade him from the intruding rays of light. Another sensation of immediate regret. His body ached.

The boy’s eyebrows furrowed. Why did his body hurt? Wait - why was he here!?

Shiloh sat up suddenly, ignoring the pain that shot up his spine, “Where am I supposed to be..?” He whispered aloud, questioning his own mind. The boy paused, taking a second to lick his parched lips. He was very, very confused

Several things became apparent to Shiloh within the following moment or two he spent sitting up with his legs sprawled in front of him on a patch of mildew painted ivy. First, he had no idea where he was or where he was supposed to be. Secondly, he wasn’t sure of anything about himself other than that his name was - is - Shiloh. As far as a last or middle name was concerned he had no clue. So it was only two things.. That’s still a start, right?

With a confused, albeit motivated grunt, Shiloh pushed himself up, onto his feet. His body groaned as his spine straightened - he felt almost every joint pop and heard a symphony of crackles as his joints stretched.

He glanced around his surroundings before making a decision..

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

a) head into the thick pine forest. the trees are
dense and the path becomes very dark,
very fast. a cool breeze blows through the
trees, giving even the bravest souls goosebumps.

b) veer down the hill. a thin dirt path has
been made, lined patiently with long,
slender logs and gentle stairs follow along.
sine trees are also growing here but where
they were tall and daunting before they now
seem slightly less frightening. more light
seems to sprinkle the ground here and
occasional bird-song can be heard.

c) go down the last path. This one is more
of a “path less traveled” kind of path.
there’s only a path because the grass has
been so worn in that it’s become flat. it
seems like hooves, or paws have worn the
grass down. deer? wolves? horses? who
knew. it still heads into a pine forest
although this one doesn’t strike a heart with
much of anything. just a curious little
path, creature by a curious, not-so-little creature.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➳ who are you again..? { cyoa } open!

Postby beebun » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:27 pm

-
shiloh decides.. to travel down the last path, with flattened grass.
xxxxxxxxxxx option chosen » c
xxxxxxxxxxx notes » hi!! this looks really cool! hopefully this is ok. <3
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ who are you again..? { cyoa }

Postby ossa di cervo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:08 am

Shiloh bit down gently on his lower lip - this truly was a conundrum. The first path gave the boy immediate goosebumps and he instinctively knew that he wasn’t going down that one. The second was beautiful, he had to admit, but something still didn’t sit well with him at the thought of going down that path. The third path, with the grass so delicately folded in on itself, struck Shiloh instantly and rather strongly. Something in him stirred when he looked at the path - curiosity? Excitement? Before he could really settle on an emotion to feel toward this path he felt his feet moving him forward.

“I guess this is where I’m going then..” he muttered, shrugging lightly.

He stepped onto the path, noting how to ground was worn in as well as the grass. Maybe it wasn’t just one creature but several that traveled this way so often? But for what? Knowing the surroundings where one woke suddenly sure would make these questions a whole lot easier to answer. Growing frustrated by his spinning mind, Shiloh decided to instead pay attention to his surroundings rather than questioning them. He breathed in slowly and deeply, admiring the clean, crisp air. The path wasn’t very striking but for some reason Shiloh’s heart was racing and his skin was crawling with anticipation. A gentle breeze carried with it the sounds of the forest - leaves brushing, tall grass swaying, and the cacophony of small creatures.

Shiloh walked on for some time, finally reaching peace within these woods, who gradually grew thicker around him. He still had no clue who he was, where he was, or what he was doing but at least he had some sense of peace on this voyage. The path never grew into more than just a trail of worn down grass.

The boy paused suddenly, hearing something new reach his ears. The gentle babbling of water. Tilting his head a tiny bit, Shiloh’s heart-rate picked back up. After all, he was still parched and his head was beginning to ache again. He’d almost forgotten about his sore and aching body as he picked up his pace to a steady jog, hurrying toward the sound of water. It grew louder quickly and before he knew it, he broke through the trees and found himself at the end of a small creek. It wasn’t more than a foot deep and Shiloh could very easily see the tiny minnows swimming among the pebbles. He cupped his hands and began to drink from the creek, elated that it was so crisp and welcoming.

“What are you doing in my territory?” a voice interrupted his drink and he spat half a mouthful out to hastily spin around and face the newcomer only to be greeted by…

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

a) a talking wolf? no.. not talking.. telepathy?!
(this wolf will later have their special
feat decided however it is a female and quite strange)

b) a woman, a few years older than Shiloh with a
recurve bow pointed right at his face.
(this woman will later have her special
feat decided however the woman isn’t
very nice nor is she trusting)

c) a man atop a horse, clad in leather armor, brandishing
a medium sized sword - the sword isn’t
pointed at Shiloh but instead hanging by
his side. (this man will later have his
special feat decided, he is a very gentle
soul and very forgiving)

d) at first it seems nothing.. but Shiloh soon
notices a small cat - a house cat in fact,
near the roots of one of the trees.
(the cat will have their special feat
also decided later. It is a male and has
an aloof, distant and rather apathetic demeanor)

note;; when I say "special feat" I use that to mean their ability be it magic, shape-shifting, lycanthropy, abilities such as speaking to animals, growing plants, etc. I'm going to try and give every character a different ability or make them a different race of mythical creature. everyone will eventually be special in some way.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:12 am

c?
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ossa di cervo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am

ooo! you make interesting choices! I haven’t expected either one you’ve chosen to be the one picked! I’ll write up the next part later tonight. any name suggestions for our new, leather-clad, knight?
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:44 am

really?
hm.. name suggestions » ulric, borin, rowan. mason, clay. hopefully these are good~ <3
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ whats with you and the horse again..? { cyoa }

Postby ossa di cervo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:36 pm

rowan & murk discovered! new characters!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Shiloh’s emerald eyes were greeted by a young man mounted on a gorgeous grulla mare. His horse wasn’t prepared for war and Shiloh didn’t think the man looked like he was either but who knew how this world worked.. The boy could hardly remember his own past let alone what war in this lifetime was like. The man on the horse who’d previously spoken had brilliant blue eyes that looked at Shiloh as though he were a curious, new creature, freshly discovered. He wore dark leather from mid neck down to his toes and if the young man’s face hadn’t been exposed Shiloh wasn’t certain he’d be able to discern if the stranger was even human.

“Well?” The stranger spoke. Not a demand, more of a curious, unthreatening question.

Shiloh pursed his lips, creek water dripping off his chin, “Uh..” He started, unsure of how to finish. What was he doing here? His eyes left the strangers and floated down to the horse’s. He took a brief moment to admire that due to a white mask on the horse her eyes were the same shade of brilliant blue as her master’s, “Well you see..” he began unconfidently, clearing his throat awkwardly, “I am.. Headed to..” Shiloh’s eyes locked with the man’s and he threw his hands up in the air, “I have no idea.”

The stranger’s head tilted and he swung his sword up and across his chest, sliding it back into its sheath, “You don’t know?”

Shiloh half smiled and let out a desperate chuckle, “That’s right. I have absolutely no clue. I don’t even know what year it is.. Day, month, time.. I’m lost.” His smile opened up and he half-heartedly showed off his tarnished array of teeth, “I know my name is Shiloh?” He offered more of a question than a statement.

“Shiloh?” The stranger smiled, dismounting in one elegant swoop off his mount, “My name is Rowan.” He thrust one gloved hand forward. The two clasped hands and shook once before Rowan released and stepped back toward his horse. It had nothing more than a saddle and bridle and Rowan smacked the creature’s thick neck, “This is Murk, the best girl on this side of wood.”

For a moment Shiloh watched the two interact - Rowan tugged on the mare’s mane and the mare nibbled gently at the man’s gloves. The two had obviously grown up together - or perhaps there was more to the story then that? Perplexed, Shiloh turned back to the water and brought another handful of the delightful water to his lips. Within seconds his mind was whirling with questions. Why was he here? Where exactly was here? Who was Rowan and why was he being so polite and patient with him? Surely the man and his steed had a bond beyond just filly and child? Did Rowan perhaps know more people nearby? Fear began to creep up Shiloh’s throat - would they kill him?

A hand on his shoulder made Shiloh jump with a started yelp, “It’s okay, it’s okay,” Rowan’s voice came to him. The man settled down next to Shiloh near the creek’s edge, Murk over his shoulder. The duo looked at the young boy in unison and Shiloh felt goosebumps crawl up his arms, “Are you okay, Shiloh?”

“You’re just really nice,” Shiloh began, spilling out his thoughts before he could realize to perhaps be cautious, “I expected you to kill me after you somehow snuck up on me, mounted, and asked why I was on your territory. This is a territory? If it’s a territory is it yours alone? Are there more people? I don’t really know how to feel.”

Rowan nodded gently, understanding Shiloh a little better at this point, “It’s okay. I’m alone. I’ve never been much of an intimidating person so I have to put my best efforts into first impressions.” The man chuckled an honest laugh, helping Shiloh relax a little. Murk came up next to her master, took a long drink from the creek and, to Shiloh’s shock, laid down next to her person.

“And what is with you and this horse?” Shiloh blurted. His eyes grew wide and he bit his lower lip, “Sorry, I uh, I mean.”

The blued eyed man shook his head, “It’s okay.. You see..”

a) “Murk and I share a spirit.”
Rowan and Murk are one in the same - voodoo
dolls if you will. slice Rowan’s arm open
and Murk’s leg will also be cut. Take
one of Murk’s eyes and Rowan’s will
disappear as well.

b) “I can speak to animals.”
Rowan has the ability to communicate
with animals and him and Murk simply
have a lot in common.

c) “I’m not really sure.. Murk chose me when I was young.”
unbeknownst to Rowan, his beloved
steed, Murk, is in fact his best friend.
the woman died when they were both
younger and she just happened to reincarnate
as a horse. (this lil bit of info won’t be
uncovered until we find someone/thing that
can speak to animals of course.)

d) “Murk is actually, uhm, how do I say this.. Not really alive.”
Murk is a creature created by Rowan.
our sweet, leather-clad knight is,
in fact, a necromancer.

note;; i'm shaking i'm so excited about this next option. no matter what happens i'll be thrilled but I can't wait to see which option gets picked!
also;; I decided to include a bolded discovered section on top of posts when a new character/trait/etc has been discovered. essentially when/if something new is found it'll be at the top!
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me