╱ ╯- ❝ fali's writing storage ! ❞

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

╱ ╯- ❝ fali's writing storage ! ❞

Postby fali. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:08 am

welcome to my writing storage

this is my writing room, if you have any comments please pm me instead of commenting!
all characters belong to either me or my girlfriend ; all plots are based around these aus
writing will be posted based on when i want to post it rather than chronological order.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ contents page & potential other things ! ❞

Postby fali. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:10 am

CONTENTS
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

he's gone and everybody seems to forget | 21/10/2020 | jessica 'jess' simmons
feelings | 12/08/2019 | ayla clarke
stargazing | 10/08/2020 | jessica 'jess' simmons
outed | 24/05/2020 | nancy rivera
confidence | 08/03/2020 | billina upland-thropp
hug | 11/06/2020 | emmie wallace & julia taylor
scars | 08/04/2020 | julia taylor
things you said with no space between us | 04/04/2020 | eloise campbell & scarlett thornton
dancing through life | 01/07/2020 | nancy rivera
shut up! | 08/06/2020 | jessica 'jess' simmons
cheerleading | 09/06/2020 | jessica 'jess' simmons
discovery | 08/05/2020 | nancy rivera
first encounter | 16/06/2020 | veronica 'ronnie' garcia
sitting by the graveside | 15/06/2020 | jessica 'jess' simmons
reflection | 22/03/2020 | ayla clarke
work | 07/11/2020 | jessica 'jess' simmons
questioning | 22/03/2020 | eloise campbell & scarlett thornton
on the hilltop | 08/06/2020 | billina upland-thropp & imari
release | 21/07/2019 | veronica 'ronnie' garcia
distractions | 18/04/2020 | ayla clarke
heartbreak | 21/05/2020 | jessica 'jess' simmons
"don't shut me out" | 15/11/2019 | emmie wallace & julia taylor
snowball fight | 15/12/2020 | nancy rivera
christmas time | 21/12/2020 | veronica 'ronnie' garcia
monopoly | 01/01/2021 | kelsey maynard
realisations | 02/05/2021 | nancy rivera

if you would like to check out more writing involving my ocs, my girlfriend has posted some writing which involves a few! also, they are just extremely talented, so please check her out and pm her some lovely words of encouragement!
Last edited by fali. on Fri May 07, 2021 6:07 am, edited 7 times in total.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ he's gone - and everyone seems to forget ❞

Postby fali. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:55 am

╱ ╯- ❝ he's gone - and everyone seems to forget ❞
╱ ╯- written: 21/10/2020 | character: jessica 'jess' simmons | cw: death

❝ You know, I remember the day my dad died. I remember sitting there in the little room, with my whole family, just waiting for it to happen. Closest we all had been in months. Nurses gathered too--more than I thought existed in the wing. All to say goodbye to a man they hardly ever knew. I remember Heather grabbed my shoulder and crumpled in front of me as he took his final breath. And I always felt selfish for thinking this, but what did she have to cry about? She refused to spend time with him. He felt unappreciated… until I hung out with him. Walking around the neighbourhood, listening to how he always wanted a dog or something like that. She never did that. She was too busy making friends with popular people. So, why did she start crying?

❝ My mom wasn’t much better. They argued day and night. Earliest memory is of them yelling about something. Yet when he was lying there, my dad looked at her with love in his eyes I never saw before. Not directed at her. It was like he was trying to apologise for not being a better husband. For not being able to provide for us. He was the best dad anybody could ask for, but nobody saw it. Not even her.

❝ Michael doesn’t even talk about him. For heaven's sake, he tried to play ball with Michael every night. Every night it was a different excuse. Stupid termite. But how can I blame him? Nobody set an example. Not in that house. It’s like we were five different people who just happened to be related to each other. My dad was the only one who seemed to look at me and see a person. To see everybody in that house as a person. Everybody else looked past. Their own life to lead and all that. We co-existed. He was my only family.

❝ Geez, people wonder why I lash out. They should try keeping everything in. Every tear, every fear, every scream. I buried everything inside. Nobody cared. Only person who did is now six feet under. Nobody cares. My dad is dead and nobody cares about me now. No matter how many times I say that it’s a depressing reality.

❝ Somehow, a man dies. Out of the blue, he’s just lying there. Dead in a hospital bed. And nobody cares. He’s just not there. His body is there, but his essence is gone. He’s gone… and everybody seems to forget. People move on. Weeks later, I’m back to school. Heather and Michael act as nothing happened. Mom’s too busy gambling to think about her dead husband. He’s lying dead in a grave we can’t even afford to keep pretty. And nobody remembers. I’m forced to relive that day every day of my life, but everyone else can move on.

❝ Why can’t I move on too? ❞

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 484
a/n: the amount of censoring i had to do here! jess usually swears like a sailor. for this drabble, i wanted to practice something along the lines of a monologue inspired by the bojack horseman episode 'free churro'.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ feelings ! ❞

Postby fali. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:24 am

╱ ╯- ❝ feelings ! ❞
╱ ╯- written: 12/08/2019 | character: ayla clarke | cw: n/a

Ayla was never one to truly focus on her emotions. She was happy. She made others happy. That was all she needed to know. She was the comic relief of O.P.E.R.A, a trait stemming from her time working in the FBI. Nowadays? All she could focus on was her own feelings. She had been a rookie for a while and yet they were reluctant to fire her--yet Ayla could tell they were giving up on her. Perhaps they were using her as a pawn, then if they needed a body to fling into a mission that guaranteed death she would be the first in line. Now they had assigned her one of the most respected agents in the field--Agent L. L for Lexi. Lexi Wang. A name Ayla was sure not to forget anytime soon.

It wasn’t like Ayla fell for her that quickly. Or at least that’s what she’d like to argue. She defined quickly as about… a week. Clearly, a week and a day after being assigned a person as your ultimate work partner is an adequate amount of time to leave before beginning to fall for said partner. It wasn’t her fault. Lexi was different. Yeah, that was it. Different. She was analytical, brave, a little stubborn but it worked out for her. Everything Ayla could never find in herself.

Oh boy… was she falling hard?

Perhaps she was. It was months now since they started working together. Ayla wanted to make an effort to try and impress Lexi and it seemed to work in her favour from time to time. Enough to earn her praise (albeit delivered in a monotone--but that was just her) and even sometimes getting a hug out of it. There was something about Lexi’s hugs that made Ayla’s heart flutter even thinking about them. It was as if time froze for one moment and nothing mattered but the two of them. As if she were melting into her arms. It was the one thing that could shut Ayla’s overconfident attitude up, even just for a brief moment.

Lexi never gave up on her. Ayla knew what she was. She was cocky, irrational, disorganised. Lexi never seemed to see those traits as flaws. She always found ways to improve them and provide a calmness to her overconfident nature. Everybody else in O.P.E.R.A had given up on her a long time ago. Ayla could tell. Yet, Lexi refused to give up. Perhaps that’s what gave her the edge to own Ayla’s heart. It sucked. Ayla knew Lexi would never like her back. For a start, she was too professional to even consider having an intimate relationship with a fellow agent. Never took risks. It could never work.

But what if it could?

There was a chance it could.

Maybe that was just wishful thinking on her end. They were professionals. They had to be. It could never happen, that’s what hurt Ayla the most. She could never find herself with someone as perfect as Lexi. She never did understand the “boring” remarks she’d overheard from agents around her status--even from her inner circle of alien friends. Lexi was not boring. Perhaps she could come across that way but Ayla knew she wasn’t. She was interesting--at least that’s how Ayla viewed her. Interesting, spectacular, beautiful. It was all the same.

Okay… maybe wanting to give a passionate kiss to your work partner would be considered by many to be a crush.

But for now, Ayla knew it was impossible. Maybe it would fade over time. For now, she worked with the most beautiful woman she had ever laid her eyes on. Maybe she could work hard enough to get to hug her again. Besides, they had a new mission briefing tomorrow--maybe she’d have the chance to impress.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 634
a/n: ayla is a sweetheart. this is a very old drabble--written up only a couple of months after i made her. now she's over a year old so this drabble was slightly revised with changes, but still practically the same.
the original organisation was the men in black based on the men in black movies but has since evolved with my girlfriend to be a new organisation running in parallel with the mib. would be happy to rave about this honestly.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ stargazing ! ❞

Postby fali. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:10 am

╱ ╯- ❝ stargazing ! ❞
╱ ╯- written: 10/08/2020 | character: jessica 'jess' simmons | cw: n/a

Jess often forgot when her birthday was rolling around. Often enough, it was blown over, aside from a small mention of “happy birthday” courtesy of her mother, Heather and Michael and perhaps a present if the family could afford it that year. Thirteen… people always treated that age as important in school. Like it was meant to be some sort of status symbol that you had reached. Frankly, Jess tended to even forget her age. Or what day it was.

Until her dad piped up that evening.

“Well, Jess, I think the two of us should head out,” he started. Jess looked up, having previously been lost in thought while listening to her tape player. “Consider it a daddy-daughter treat, right?” The excitement in Jess’ eyes lit up as she pulled the earphones out.

“Sounds fun,” Jess replied with a grin on her face. “I’m in.”

After explaining to his wife that he was taking their daughter out (and after Jess overhearing an argument that it was unfair that he wasn’t taking Heather and Michael with him), the pair were in the car, driving just outside of Hawkins.

“So, Jess, how’ve you enjoyed your birthday?” he questioned. Jess turned to face him, the mischievous glint shimmering in her eyes.

“It’s been great, I think this is the earliest Heather ever wished me a happy birthday.”

“Is that so? You’re lucky then, aren’t you kiddo?” David let out a bellow, pushing his foot against the gas pedal and allowing them to speed down the road. “Sorry your mom and I couldn’t get you a present this year. Money’s tight again.”

Jess found herself staring at the way the world passed by. Trees flew past her eyes “It’s fine,” she replied after a moment. She couldn’t help but be disappointed--Heather still flaunted her pair of high heels their mother bought when she turned thirteen (even if they no longer fit) and Michael adored his new toy from his last birthday. Generally speaking, Jess tended to get the sideline when it came to presents. It’s not as if she couldn’t somewhat see it coming. She always had the tape player from her last birthday to fall back on.

“It’s not,” David grumbled. A sigh escaped his lips as they sped past the sign indicating that they were no longer in the town of Hawkins. “You deserve a present, Jess. You’re a big teenager now!” David knew his second daughter felt like the second fiddle of the family. Heather was proving to be a social butterfly and demanded more material goods, while Michael was the baby of the family and needed the most care. Jess played the forgotten child of the family--which tended to land her in trouble. Nobody could make the claim that Jess was an angel, quite the opposite.

Stubbornness tended to run in Simmons' blood. That trait had not skipped Jess by. She was loud, angry, unapologetic and from what he heard in the principal’s office countless times, rather violent. Yet when given the slightest amount of positive attention, she was a good kid. In fact, even now, she just seemed to be enthralled by the view from the window. He just wished he could spend more time with her--as when with Heather, he found his credit card in debt and himself ignored. At least Jess seemed to like spending time with him.

Soon enough, they approached a hilltop. Parking at the bottom, David found his daughter’s infectious spirit enveloping him. “Bet you can’t beat me to the top,” he challenged, gesturing towards the tree that sat on the top of the hill. His smile softened at the sight of the energy that spiked his daughter’s interest.

“Like you could, old man,” Jess cackled, cockiness laced in her voice. It was if she was away in the blink of an eye, for as soon as he turned Jess sprinted towards the hilltop, the pants in her breath evident as she straggled towards the tips of the branches, sitting under the tiniest cover of the tree. David followed behind, heaving himself up without even bothering to match the speed of his offspring.

“Told you I could beat you. Bet you didn’t even see me run I was that fast,” Jess boasted. “Old timer.” David let out a breathless grunt as he plopped himself next to Jess, turning to her.

“What’d you call me, pipsqueak?” he questioned, grabbing her in a gentle chokehold and rubbing his knuckles against the top of her head, causing Jess to cry out as she laughed.

“Let me go! Let me go!” Jess squeaked, laughter from both of them filling the air as David loosened his grip. As they tried to recapture their breath, they both stared up at the sky. Leaving Hawkins and spending time on the top of this hill always granted you with a spectacular view of both the stars and the town below.

“Hey, kiddo. What do you think the stars are, huh?”

“They’re stars.” Okay, a rather blunt answer. “We haven’t done astrology yet.”

“Really? I happen to think they’re our family,” David responded, gaze fixed on the stars. Jess turned to glance at her father in confusion, following her gaze to where his hand now seemed to point. “I think that star’s your granny Margret. Oh, she would’ve loved your spirit, pipsqueak,” he continued. “And the one next to it is your grandpa John. They’re a bit distant as they bickered in their old age. I wonder if they still do that.”

Jess never thought of the stars like that before. They seemed to shine over the town, relatives looking over those who remained among the living. It was a beautiful idea--she needed the idea of someone looking over her. Maybe the stars could help. Well… it’s not like she needed it right now. Her dad was the only person she needed to care about her. She glanced up, fixated on a particularly bright star in the sky.

“I bet that one’s uncle Ronald.” She pointed to the brightest star she could find. “That’s him making sure you’re behaving yourself.”

“Yeah? And what about you, pipsqueak, you might need him as your guardian angel at the rate you get in trouble. I’ll tell you what, you’ll need to behave yourself when you eventually get to high school. You’re already testing your middle school. At least make sure you make it through it.”

Jess groaned, rolling her eyes and nudging against her father. “I will! I promise. First week back. Well, I promise I will for the first week.”

“That’s my girl.” David sighed. He just wished his daughter could find this amount of peace more often. “Happy birthday, Jess.”

To his surprise, Jess wrapped her arms around his waist as she pulled him in a tight embrace. “Thanks, old timer,” she replied, remaining in the embrace as she shifted herself to lie down as they continued to stare at the stars.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 1,161
a/n: jess was very close to her dad. so i had to write a drabble over the summer to showcase this fact. a lot of my drabbles are about jess, for the record. i love her.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ outed ! ❞

Postby fali. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:53 am

╱ ╯- ❝ outed ! ❞
╱ ╯- written: 24/05/2020 | character: nancy rivera | cw: homophobia, being outed, emetophobia.

Nancy drew in a breath. Of course she had to break off the engagement. She wouldn’t be happy in that marriage and she knew it. She had every right to call off the wedding. What she didn’t have to do was make direct eye contact with her brother when she announced the cancellation. That way… he clued in to the reason why--and Nancy’s life was practically over in that moment.

She sat at the edge of her bed. “Charles, you have to promise me you won’t tell mother.” Forceful yet trembling, her voice just seemed to quiver. Her words had no meaning, no sense of urgency--despite the fear building in the pits of her stomach. It was as if gravity was trying to push her to the ground.

“I can’t promise anything, Nancy. She deserves to know.” Ice cold. Just as he always had been. “She deserves to know when her family is going to lose all her wealth.” His stare sent chills down Nancy’s stare.

Defying gravity, Nancy shot up. “That’s not fair! You could’ve saved this family!” She pointed a finger at him. “You chose to marry a lower class woman! How do I get the blame? You could’ve just as easily married rich so we could live easy.”

“That was your duty. Mother’s had ideas to marry you off since you were thirteen Nancy, surely if it’s been that long you could get a hint.”

“I didn’t ask to fulfil that duty!”

“Well, you’re clearly not, considering you’re trying to have romantic relationships with women on the side.”

Nancy’s jaw fell agape. “I have not tried anything on a woman.”

Charles sneered at his younger sister. “But you want to. Don’t think I’ve forgotten our little conversation a few months ago. I had my suspicions, but I have to say, I’m still shocked.” He fixed up his blazer a little. “I didn’t think you really were that disgusting.”

“Don’t you call me that. You’ll be aching for a breaking.” Her fists curled. She could only be a lady for so long.

“I’m willing to take that chance.” Charles glared. Nancy could feel the disgust in his gaze. She shied away, sitting back on the bed and staring at the floor. “Now, are you going to tell mother or shall I?”

“Neither of us need to tell her. Mother has been broken since father died. She doesn’t need any other news to shock her system.”

“Well, too bad we have to give this news to her then, isn’t it?” With one last glance of disgust, Charles walked out of the room. Nancy felt her heart drop to her stomach and her world collapsing around her. He wouldn’t dare, would he? Even if they never got along… they were still siblings. Surely, the bond of blood would prevent her secret from being released to Mary. At least, that was the prayer she was hoping on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner time was always full of tension. Yet Nancy had never felt as suffocated as tonight. The threat of her secret being exposed was swallowing her whole, having her even lose her appetite. Usually dinner time would be a very quiet time. Yet tonight, there was a rather large amount of chatter.

Mary laughed along with Charles as she sipped some more wine. “Well, the ladies and I were chatting this morning and apparently Virginia has turned out to be quite the pervert.” Scoffing, she set her glass down.

“No! And I thought she had a nice husband, too… unlike some perverts I know.” As he spoke, Charles side-eyed Nancy, making her feel ill. The idea of running away and never coming back felt very appealing.

“Why, Nancy, you’ve hardly eaten a bite. Are you feeling sick?” Mary's face fell with concern as she tilted her head. She offered the bottle of wine forward. “Would you like some more wine?” Nancy raised her hand to refuse the offer.

“I think she’s rather uncomfortable with the subject matter.” Charles sipped at his own drink. “Is there a reason for that at all, Nancy?”

“No, not at all.” Answering almost immediately seemed suspicious enough, but the way her voice trembled gave her away more. “Why would I have reason to be upset, Charles?”

“Well, Nancy, aren’t you a bit of a pervert yourself?”

Silence. The world was over. Everything felt numb. Her vision became blurred. Shock coated her features. Had Charles really lived up to his claims? Had he really just outed her in front of their mother? She felt like she was about to throw up.

“I don’t know what would ever give you that idea--”

“Oh, really? Not the fact that there have been sightings of you fraternising with other ladies in the commoner pubs? Or what about your nine failed engagements? I have never witnessed a single attempt at affection from you. Is there a reason for that?”

Mary had grown silent through these sudden events. Eyes widening, Nancy looked on in disdain as her mother pierced together every little hint. After a moment, she raised her finger to indicate speech. “This… makes sense, Charles. Well, Nancy? Is he correct?”

Trembling, Nancy lifted her head. Months of trying to subtly defend her rights against a homophobic family, months of sneaking off to commoner pubs just to experience even the slightest release of being herself, months of trying to make just one engagement work… it all led up to this. “Okay, yes.” Her voice faltered. “I am.”

Horror contorted on Mary’s face. Nancy felt her body wanting to collapse. “Please tell me this is a joke, Nancy. The Rivera family are not perverts. We raise you on family values--”

“You raised me on family values?” Nancy scoffed. “I was raised by a nanny. You’re just someone I was told to call mother.”

“And without me, you would not be living your life in comfort. Yet you want to go prancing around with lesbians? Is this how you repay our family? Do you want us to fail?”

“Of course I don’t! We’re family! Why didn’t you ask Charles to marry a rich girl? Why did I get subjected to this?”

“Women are expected to be housekeepers. Are you unaware of your fate, Nancy? Or were you too busy with your perversion?”

Nancy stood up. “I’m not going to spend my life as a housewife! Even if I wasn’t-” she gulped “-perverted, surely there has to be more to life.”

“You’re a disgrace.” Mary scowled, almost too disgusted to look. “You should be ashamed to even call yourself a Rivera.”

“If you’re going to betray your family like this, why would you even consider yourself a Rivera?” Charles piped up, clearly enjoying the discord in the dining room.

“Exactly. Charles knew his place. He still respects his family. He may have married beneath him but he’s able to lift her status. If you don’t marry rich, we lose our fortune.” Mary shook her head. “Clearly, you don’t care about us.”

“I never asked for this! You think I haven’t tried to repress it? To be the perfect daughter? Mother, I-”

“Don’t call me that. You disgust me.” Silence, before a sigh escaped Mary’s lips. “I want you out of this house.”

Well… she never expected that. The blonde stood, falling mute. Kicked out? Where was she meant to go?

“I want you out of this house and out of this family, since you clearly don’t care enough to repress your… urges. Don’t you dare ever call yourself a Rivera, you’re a disgusting, perverted little woman.”

“Fine.” With that, Nancy stormed out of the room. Tears in her eyes, it wasn’t until she reached her room that her emotions exploded as if held back by a weak dam. Nancy broke down on her bed.

Dinner time was always full of tension. Maybe the upside was that she would no longer experience the judgement from a family who despised her.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 1,322
a/n: nancy is my spoiled child. her life hasn't been easy though, like here. nancy has been engaged to 9 men and has found excuses for every one--and when her brother catches on she's outed as a lesbian! this is probably my favourite drabble ever. i love miss nancy rivera. the 50s are not kind.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ confidence ! ❞

Postby fali. » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:13 am

╱ ╯- ❝ confidence ! ❞
╱ ╯- written: 08/03/2020 | character: billina upland-thropp | cw: n/a

GREEN FREAK. UGLY CREATURE.

Those words had come to be expected. When Billina looked to her own mother, she noticed the confidence she held. The poise. Pointed nose raised high. Confidence. That fickle concept Billina hadn’t come to work out quite yet. Elvina was quite good at trying to help her sister--albeit in her… special ways. Sometimes, her anger was too much to cope with.

Confidence was something Billina craved. Every time she thought she was finally feeling it, the scrape of her tooth against her skin grounded her once again. Her reflection shone brighter in the water. Blue eyes in a sea of green. It was as if a pit in her stomach kept growing deeper the moment she opened her mouth. She belonged on the Isle. The Isle was dark. No stars brightened the sky. That’s where she belonged. Not out in the public eye, desperately gripping at her mother.

Meeting Glinda was nothing short of strange. Stories of Glinda’s goodness sprinkled her childhood--tales of her growth from a spoilt Gillikin girl to a kindhearted woman who wanted to provide good in a world void of it. Standing before her was nerve-wracking. Holding her hand out for a shake led her into a hug. Why was even affection the worst feeling in the world? As if she didn’t… deserve it.

She could feel the stares of the Auradonians.

Even from her own supposed twin sister. Perhaps the details of green skin and sharp teeth had evaded Glinda’s stories. Not just that, all eyes were on the family reunion. If the ground would swallow Billina up, she’d accept without objection. She couldn’t shake off the fear of opinions.

So now, she walked with Elphaba through the streets of Auradon with a tight grip. Hiding behind the taller woman when possible. Speaking through her. Elvina had made her swear an oath to not let the words of others affect her. If she knew how many times Billina had disobeyed the oath, she’d be appalled. She tried to hold her nose as high as Elphaba’s but found her face immediately falling.

Maybe this confidence thing was not meant for her.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 359
a/n: a small drabble to get a feel as to how to write billina back when i first created her. if i wanna make a self indulgent au mixing two fandoms (descendants & wicked) i am obsessed with and create a fanchild to go along with it then i will. it’s 2020 damn it and this au brings me comfort. my girlfriend owns elvina, who’s billina's twin sister! i love both of them to bits. billina has some major self confidence issues, call that a self projection.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ hug ! ❞

Postby fali. » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:02 am

╱ ╯- ❝ hug ! ❞
╱ ╯- written: 11/06/2020 | characters: emmie wallace & julia taylor | cw: parental death implied

Emmie perched herself at the edge of her bed, legs swung over the end. Julia sat on the other bed, collapsed and staring at the ceiling. Emmie appreciated the company, especially when nobody else could see the company Emmie would usually be in. Ghosts did tend to be invisible.

Yet Emmie wasn’t chatting to the slayer in the room. “Mom, wow, I’m so happy to see you,” she whispered aloud, loud enough so that Julia at least could hear. It was very common to find Emmie chatting to her mother--even though she had two dads, her biological mother was a close familiar member, at least until she died.

Everything was practically in the norm for a regular day. Emmie had daily chats with her mother, starting in the same way and ending in the same way. It was a routine Emmie tried to keep to. If anything, for a sense of normality in the strange world they inhabited. When fighting vampires, werewolves, demons--the lot--, talking to your dead mother was something that felt natural. Even if it meant many people viewed you as not all there.

Julia chuckled as she listened to the one-sided conversation. Somehow, hearing Emmie having a conversation out of context provided some much-needed entertainment in the lull between lectures and sundown. “Yeah, and this is my girlfriend Jules--”

“Don’t introduce me like that!”

“But I’ve introduced you before!” Emmie pouted before she turned to the ghost. A beat later, Emmie remembered. “Oh… wow, yeah, you already know her, don’t you? I...” The clairvoyant trailed off for a moment, lost in thought. “I forgot I already told you this,” she continued after a few beats.

What Julia didn’t expect over eavesdropping on today’s conversation was a legitimate reply. “Yes, dear, you’ve introduced me to your girlfriend plenty of times.” A kind yet unfamiliar voice rang throughout the dorm.

“Well, I can’t help it, she’s so--” Emmie began as Julia interrupted, shooting up from her position.

“Hang on a moment.” Rubbing her eye, the slayer shook her head. Either she had been spiked with alcohol to the point where she was seeing double or Emmie’s mother was right next to Emmie. Another thing: Emmie’s eyes, which were normally glazed in a hue of light brown, were now glowing white. “Either I’ve lost the damn plot, or I can see your mom, Em.”

Emmie whipped around, taking a few moments to reply. “Wait… wow, really?” She had to test something. Turning to her mother, she shuffled closer and set a hand on the ghost’s shoulder. Nothing could put into words the overwhelming amount of joy Emmie felt when her hand didn’t pass through the body beside her. Without another word, Emmie launched into her mother, hugging as if she could lose her again. Tears streamed down her cheeks. Finally, after years of conversations, years that she longed to finally receive another hug from the woman who never left her side--somehow, she discovered a power she never knew she had.

Of course, it wasn’t to last. As she squeezed her mother, the powers faltered. Julia watched in dismay as her girlfriend’s mother disappeared from between her tight embrace. As she faded, Emmie collapsed onto her bed. Silence fell between the two as Julia gazed in a rare bout of sympathy.

“Emmie, baby-” she began before Emmie looked up, exhaustion haunting her eyes as the glowing subsided.

“Oh, wow… I have no idea how I even did that. You know what this means, Jules?” Emmie questioned, jumping up from her bed, stumbling a little as she fell into Julia’s lap, arms wrapping around her as she stared intensely. The longing for physical contact with her mother fuelled her motivation. “I’m going to have to work extra hard.”

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 626
a/n: emmie and julia used to be together so this takes place then. emmie is a clairvoyant--the women in her bloodline are cursed with the ability to see ghosts all the time. i still intend to play with this, but this drabble is focused around her powers so! i love both these ladies so much. just need to figure out how to censor julia's solo drabble before i post it here.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ scars ! ❞

Postby fali. » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 pm

╱ ╯- ❝ scars ! ❞
╱ ╯- written: 08/04/2020 | character: julia taylor | cw: injury (not detailed)

Julia stared into the mirror, an activity she found herself despising. Her hand delicately pulled up her fringe to reveal a healing scar. The fresh wounds of a battle still pained her. Her trip to the hospital had her giving details to a fabricated attacker--if she started talking about a werewolf who had bested her enough to cause this large wound, either mass public outcry would occur or Julia would be locked away in an instant. Now she had no eye as well as being the sole harbourer of the truth. She despised the person staring back at her. Fingers traced gently over her wound as she flinched. Yeah, it still stung.

That stupid, godforsaken werewolf. Julia wished she could resurrect the creature just so she could feel the pleasure of killing it again. Ideas of her strength entered her mind, giving her a temporary euphoria before being grounded by reality upon the realisation she couldn’t even see everything the world dictated she should. The doctor had been delicate about the extent of the damage, however, she knew how bad it had been. If anything, the stinging pain was a grim reminder.

From time to time, with enough strain, the wound would trickle blood onto her cheek. Another idiotic reminder, that’s all she needed. As if the fact that her eye had been ripped out of the socket hadn’t been enough. How were you meant to recover emotionally from that? Was it not enough that all she noticed staring back at her was the hollow socket? That she had to keep it clean every day to avoid infection?

How was she meant to fight now? You’d think that being a slayer would involve both limb and eye regeneration. Her watcher had seemed concerned by the injury. It’s not as if you could just transfer the essence of a slayer into anybody. Now, she was a visually impaired slayer. Not exactly great for combat with multiple vampires. At least with the scar on her cheek, all that reminded her was when it started bleeding due to being busted open. She was way more susceptible to death. Her purpose was gone. What kind of a slayer was she? What kind of a human was she?

Now that she had a gaping weakness in her only good eye, there was a primal fear of total blindness building within her. Her watcher had assured her that her hearing and sense of smell were almost guaranteed to exceed even the enhancement of the essence of the slayer--that wasn’t worth anything to the blonde anymore. No longing was as strong as Julia wanting to just collapse into her mother’s arms and cry until her throat was hoarse with choking. To cry until her cheeks were red and her tears were too hot to stream down her face any longer. To quit everything. She was injured beyond even the slayer’s capabilities of healing. She just wanted to be a regular teenager. Now, what could she do? She couldn’t run through all this alone.

Julia knew one thing for certain. Being a slayer could hardly come to her as naturally now. What was the point in even trying?

Screw slaying. The world can save itself.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 537
a/n: i figured out how to censor it! julia went through an accident while on patrol and had her eye taken out by a werewolf. she now has a permanent scar around her eye! this is her reaction not long after the accident.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╱ ╯- ❝ things you said with no space between us ! ❞

Postby fali. » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:16 am

╱ ╯- ❝ things you said with no space between us ! ❞
╱ ╯- written: 04/04/2020 | characters: eloise campbell & scarlett thornton | cw: hospitals ; illness (caused by severe combined immunodeficiency)

one)

“Eloise!” The squeaky voice made Eloise jump, causing her to drop one of the building blocks, smacking into the work in progress and causing the castle to topple. After a brief whine, Eloise turned to face her new friend. Her castle could be rebuilt.

Scarlett bounced up to Eloise, faces pressed together as she spun her around. After a few weeks of being discharged, Scarlett had once again been admitted with a new infection. It didn’t bother Scarlett too much aside from the squirms of discomfort, however considering she was back, it wasn’t terribly great. “Outside is so cool!” Looking past her best friend, she blinked apologetically towards the ruined castle. “Oh… sorry.”

“I’ve been outside!” Eloise remarked, bristling in defence. Outside felt like a foreign concept, but once in a while, she was able to return to the outdoors without the knowledge she’d have to remain on hospital grounds. She turned to her ruined castle. “We could blame that on the heart demon!”

“This time it’s the breath monster.” Scarlett laughed into a wheeze as she approached the building blocks. “C’mon! Before it attacks again!”

two)

They lay inches apart. Scarlett’s nose brushed against Eloise’s. Eloise never felt as safe as she did at this moment. Earlier that day, they had shared their first kiss. Memories of the way Scarlett’s lips felt against hers entered her head and Eloise edged closer, stealing another kiss.

“I really, really like you,” Scarlett laughed as they broke away. Hardly an inch between them, the distance beeps of the heart-rate monitors bounded them to the reality in which they lived. “Since we were young.” Scarlett reached over and grasped Eloise’s hand.

“I really like you too,” Eloise murmured, voice faltering between short breaths. “But… we’re very sick.” Anxieties played in her head as if a play that would never end. Constant twists and turns with no end in sight. If she lost Scarlett now? All these unresolved feelings bubbling inside? They were currently hooked up to IV machines for god’s sake. What if one of them lost the fight? “I’m… scared, Scarlett.”

“El, that’s not a new trait for you.” Scarlett grasped Eloise’s hand tighter, pulling it up so that their hands sat comfortably between their chests. “No matter what happens, we’re going to be okay. But, you really like me and I really like you. It’s your call.”

Eloise paused for a moment, voice quivering with uncertainty. “Can… can we wait?”

“Of course.” Scarlett pecked Eloise’s lips once again. “Whatever you want.”

three)

“When we were younger, I never thought I’d meet somebody as sick as me.” Scarlett chuckled at her own confession. “I mean, look at us.” They were practically inseparable. Bonds between children had evolved into the bond between lovers, even before both Eloise and Scarlett had become aware of their feelings. Hardly a centimetre between them while sharing the hospital bed, Eloise let out a breath she was unaware of holding.

“Yeah, it’s pretty crazy.” While their relationship status was completely in the air, Eloise was unaware of how to act. Even after years of being confined to a bed forced to watch romantic comedies to pass the time, or read the plethora of young adult fiction which resulted in the strong male and female lead sharing a kiss by the end, she did not know how to act in a relationship.

Or, whatever you could call this.

However, she didn’t see any other friends in the hospital ward acting quite as they did. It was quite the game they were pulling. Every waking moment they could, they spent time with the other. Reminiscing over their brief experiences with the outside world, the one teacher that visited the hospital’s school who clearly was way over her head, the times spent in their toddler years making up stories where they got to act like normal children.

“Who’d have thought we’d live this long?” Eloise continued.

“Let’s not ruin the moment with what-ifs.” Scarlett’s tone was forceful, eyes flashed with the serious expression Eloise had grown to love. Eloise felt the cold hand cusp against her face as Scarlett leaned in and kissed her forehead, thumb grazing her cheek. Shuffles of the nurses suddenly grew louder as Scarlett sat up, her hand jerking her IV machine closer to their bed. “Suppose I better get going. Sleep well, El.”

four)

“I’m scared, Scarlett.” Tears that brimmed Eloise’s eyes were wiped away. “If this bone marrow transplant doesn’t work, what if my immune system never gets better?” Her throat clamped up, eyes widened in panic.

“Breathe,” Scarlett soothed. It wasn’t long ago that Scarlett could relate to her girlfriend’s fear--such raw emotion was no stranger to the red-head. “You’ll be fine. The doctors know what they’re doing, and look how many infections we’ve caught over the years.” Eloise chuckled softly as she closed her eyes, leaning closer so that Scarlett could kiss her forehead. “We’re not dead yet.”

“It’s… tomorrow. I’m going to miss you, you know,” Eloise murmured, looking up to blink into Scarlett’s eyes. “I’m going to write you the best love poem I can muster. I’ll have enough time on my hands.”

“Quarantine is hell, huh?” Scarlett pulled Eloise into an embrace. Who knew when they’d be this close again? Conditioning was not going to be fun for Eloise, Scarlett had heard stories. However, she didn’t want to worry Eloise with such tales. “We’ll be back together before you know it.”

Pain flashed in Eloise’s eyes, a pain all too familiar to the red-head. “Will we?”

“Of course.” Scarlett leaned in and gently pressed her lips against Eloise’s. “Now, you have to promise me I’m going to get to read plenty of new poems. Promise?”

“Okay, I promise.”

“That’s my girl.” Scarlett forced herself up as she stood to her feet. “I’ll come and see you again tomorrow morning. Please try and get some sleep. I love you.”

“I love you too. You better come and see me through the window of quarantine.”

“They won’t be able to keep me away.” And with that, she was gone.

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
word count: 1,018
a/n: sick children before the apocalypse! eloise and scarlett have been best friends (turned more--kinda) who bonded over their shared disorder. unfortunately by eloise's main plotline scarlett dies, but let's just focus on these lovely drabbles before that! <3 i love this format of writing, so i need to do that more.
fali.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me