I'm not even gonna try to explain it anymore lol

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

I'm not even gonna try to explain it anymore lol

Postby Breado » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:05 pm

DO NOT POST!

because apparently, this is the only way I can get myself to write anything.
to myself, with love:
this is just a draft, man, it doesn't have to be perfect! you'll edit it later!

Name: Demarion Hilley || Gender: male || Race: demon || Age: 25 || Current home: somewhere, Abandoned District

Edge: 2 || Heart: 2 || Iron: 3 || Shadow: 1 || Wits: 1
Max momentum: +10 || Reset: +2 || Current: +2
6-7

The only thing going through my mind was that the place was looking even worse during the day than at night. I won't lie, I liked the creepy, ran-down atmosphere that the Abandoned District had when I first moved here - it was around five years ago when I was finally able to leave the orphanage behind. That also included the only people I knew. And that wasn't good. Well, not entirely at least.
When I moved here everything looked just like it does now. Maybe a little less green. For example, the little square looked like a pack of stray dogs decided to show off their gardening skills around the fountain that stopped working long ago - now with a few more holes added. Every house looked charred and I keep wondering how some of them hadn't collapsed yet... And how could I forget to mention the large hole that decorates the outer edge of the district? That thing becomes a public pool whenever it rains. What a pretty place, huh?

Anyway. So I was on my way to meet a new client. They only gave a nickname - "Penny" - and said they wanted to ask for something very important but didn't state what it was exactly. When my boss showed me the letter I was surprised to see that this person was asking specifically for me: the letter was asking for 'Icarus' to come. Was I getting more known? That wouldn't be a good thing, not with this kind of a job.

When I got to the spot mentioned in the letter, I stood in a spot that sort of hid me. You know, like... I was there but not out in the open. And so I waited for this Penny to arrive.
And I waited. And waited. And waited some more. I kept checking if anyone's coming but I saw and heard no one.
Just when I was about to give up and go home I heard heavy breathing coming from somewhere on my left.
"Icarus?"
Looking to my left I spotted a figure standing by the side of a house. Their figure looked feminine but hunched - they seemed to be using the wall for support.
That's gotta be them, I thought.
"Penny?" I asked back.
She sighed in response. "Thank the heavens," she said, "I feared it was someone else." She took one, maybe two steps forward, then she fell onto her knees.
I rushed to her. "Woah, hey," I said as I knelt beside her. "What happened?"
"Just take this-" she said, handing me an envelope, "and take it to... the address written on it." By this point point she was having a hard time breathing. It was dark so I didn't notice it at first but I smelled something metallic - and I just then saw a big black spot growing on her torso. I instinctively pressed my hand on it. She gasped and grunted.
"Wait, hold on-" I said while I was trying my best to stop the bleeding, "I need to get you to a-"
"Just go, damn it!" Despite her weakness she tried to push me away. "Don't- Just... Just save your questions for later. Besides... You'll thank me later."
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me