Ndege Pride: Prompts

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

P3-WanderingWhisper

Postby Galeslash7 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Write your lion’s backstory. 200 word minimum, 150 exp
WanderingWhisper

WanderingWhisper was born into captivity at a local as a small cub and enjoyed her simple life. She didn’t know her parents and lived by herself with the name, Sushi. She loved seeing the “human” cubs come and babble to her and the big “humans” flash lights at her. A couple of times, she saw “human’” cubs put on strange flappy things different from what they usually wear and walk around her zoo filling up more flimsy things with small trinkets. The things they wore during these times were exotic and colorful. She especially loved the black flaps that hung down from a cub’s neck!

One day, there was a huge break-out in the zoo when Sushi was still just a cub. Somehow, during it, her cage glass was smashed and shattered. Confused, she ran out and followed the stampede of animals. While running out, she saw one of the black-neck-flappys that the cubs wore. Those were her favorite! So, she grabbed it and fastened it around her neck like the “human” cubs did. She ran with the stampede and out into the wild.

Soon the stampede dispersed, and she was left on her own. She did not know how to hunt, clean, or take care of herself. For several days she wandered without any food or water, and eventually she just laid down in a large field of grass.

Luckily, GoldenShiningSun and her best friend, _____ had just started to scout out land for their new Pride. They came across Sushi lying in the grass and ____ picked her up by the scruff. They got quickly to the nearest water source, a river beside a plateau, and woke her up to drink. They hunted an antelope and the three of them ate vigorously. GoldenShiningSun and ___ introduced themselves by their new names and Sushi introduced herself.

While they talked GoldenShiningSun noticed the plateau above them and thought it would be a good spot for a Pride. She asked if ___ would check it out with her and they got up to leave. Sushi jumped up and cried, “You can’t leave me! I can’t hunt or fend for myself!”

GoldenShiningSun smiled and asked Sushi to join them and their new Pride. Sushi agreed and ____ gave her, her new name, WanderingWhisper. They asked about her black-neck-flap, but she claimed she would never take it off for she loved it too much.
____ started to mentor WanderingWhisper on how become a NIghtBird (one of the ranks the two had come up with). She soon became a NightBird as more and more lions joined their wonderful Pride. And to this day, she has still never taken off her cloak.

{447/200}{Level 2: 200/500}
Last edited by Galeslash7 on Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D6

Postby Galeslash7 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Order art of any member of your pride (Drawn by someone else), Base exp - 15 exp, Fullbody = Add +25 exp to base, Total=40 exp

Art by Lady_Panda
{Level 2: 240/500}
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

B7

Postby Galeslash7 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:55 am

Write a short story about how your founder discovered and claimed their territory. 400 word minimum, 300 points

GoldenShiningSun and _____ walked out of the Pride. They had dreamed of this day, and the two best friends were ready to leave the Mbwa Pride. It was better after the Uprising and now GoldenShiningSun's sister, Dangja was leading the Pride into a better future. But still, they were ready to leave and GoldenShiningSun had gotten her vision about being a pathfinder. Together they walked out, randomly walking in one direction to see where they ended up.

First they had to find territory. Together they talked about ideal territory.

GoldenShiningSun spoke first. "Well we will need somewhere with water easily accessible."

"Yes and somewhere with a herd of prey nearby. Like antelope or elephants."

"Probably not elephants. They are hard to hunt."

"Yeah..." An awkward silence as they kept walking.

Together, they walked for hours barely speaking. They found no good spots, none met requirements or were not occupied. They stopped occasionally to hunt and sleeps, but kept going.

Along the way, they started to talk about GoldenShiningSun's vision. They talked about ranks in their new Pride and cultural ways of life. They would be prepared once they found territory!

On the third day, the heard a thundering noise is the distance. Then it disappeared. They decided to heard towards it to see what the commotion was.

They walked towards it and soon came to a meadow. There was a young cub lying there looking skinny and sickly! They quickly rushed the cub to a nearby river and got it some water.

The cub woke up and soon they started to talk. ___ was really bonding with the cub and as they talked together, GoldenShiningSun looked around. She noticed a small plateau connecting to this river.

It had water flowing off the side, was large enough for a Pride of lions, and had some great areas to defend from an assault. She could see some animals on top and surrounding the area, including a watering hole right on the side at the bottom. It was perfect, except it was pretty steep. She would have to find a different way to get up there.

She pulled ____ away from the cub named Sushi and showed her the plateau.

"Wow, that looks great! We should go check it out." ____ exclaimed. "Also, I think Sushi would love to come with us. She has no where to go and does not even know how to hunt or survive. We could teach her!"

GoldenShiningSun agreed and they asked Sushi to join. She also agreed and _____ gave her the name WanderingWhisper. They set off to check out the territory.

They found a way up another side and determined it was the perfect place. GoldenShiningSun was given a vision from Griffin that it was the place and they immediately settled down, ready to get started in their new life.

(474/400){Level 2: 540/500
Level 3: 40/500}
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Halloween Raffle Ticket Prompts

Postby Galeslash7 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:03 am

You can earn additional tickets by writing about the effects of the event/alien visitors on your pride (Up to 4 tickets, you earn 1 ticket for every 200 words)

The alien visitors had an important effect of the Ndege Pride. They came down and visited the Pride. Most were peaceful, but two were not. They also gained a new friend who joined the Ndege.

The peaceful visitors were the most common. The would be found on the edge of the territory, looking bizarre and seemingly out of nowhere. Whoever found the would bring them to the Pride camp and exchange some words with the visitor. Usually it was peaceful conversation with one sided questions asked by GoldenShiningSun. The visitors rarely gave straight answers and almost always had a mischievous glint in their eye. GoldenShiningSun just wanted to know why do many visitors were coming!

Sometimes the friendly visitors have gifts too. One lioness who was vibrant blue in color have them each a taste of pure water. It was the strangest feeling like drinking a clear music note, very unlike the murky brown water here in Ndege Plateau. Another gave a gift of fire. All of Ndege watched a show out on by an orange lion who could create fire and dance with it. One particularly large and green lion gave them a taste of what it felt to be super-strong. For an hour they could carry and break things at levels no normal lion could! Usually the gifts were short and didn't last long, but they still were all amazing and wonderful.

One time a young lioness came down to visit with them. She was orange and white with strange markings on her body. She stayed for a while and really got to know the Pride and it's customs. Eventually, she decided to stay with them and was named CoolWind after her appearance during the Cool Wind season and her overall color. She decided to become a Novice and train to become a member of the Flock. she speaks another language as well as Lion and can communicate with other strange visitors. She never tells them why she and the other visitors were there in the first place.

There were also two lionesses who were not peaceful and did not being gifts. One was a small black and yellow lioness, the other was purple and orange. The small black and yellow lioness came to the village looking peaceful. Like all the other visitors, she appeared suddenly and was brought to GoldenShiningSun to chat. GoldenShiningSun allowed her to stay for a couple of days at Ndege before she had to go again. The lioness stayed and things started to go missing. Everyone blamed each other and no one suspected the little alien lioness. Before long, she left and only then did they realize who the their was.

The second lioness was not so discreet about her intentions. She came straight to camp without being invited and demanded that the leader of Ndege battle her. GoldenShiningSun bravely stepped forward and asked the lioness to leave. The purple and orange lioness did not comply. She roared and leaped at GoldenShiningSun's throat. They battled hard and fought like wild hyenas until eventually GoldenShiningSun came out on top. She stood over the alien lioness and demanded she leave. The lioness simply smiled and disappeared into a board of bugs. Ndege never saw her again. GoldenShiningSun had won, but she was still hurt and now there were bugs swarming the Pride! Together, the Pride worked to kill roaches, grasshoppers, termites, and all other sorts of other insects. Finally they were all gone, but the bugs had done some damage. They had eaten some of Ndege's food and destroyed several patches of grass where they usually lay. These two visitors brought damage and harm to Ndege, but some other kinder visitors helped to clean up the mess and restore the Pride.

The surrounding area and life was also affected by the alien visitors. Ndege had to hunt twice as hard to feed all the visitors and some herds of prey started to move away or shrink in size. This caused imams that were eaten by those prey to become too many. There was overgrown grass, too many small rodents, and birds would starve. Luckily, after most of the visitors left, life started to book again. Some of the prey began to have multitudes of offspring, faster and more than any normal animal could have. It must have been the visitors, the Ndege Pride concluded together. This only happened for a short while, but all the flocks and herds were restored to a large and plentiful size.

The alien visitors were mostly a blessing to Ndege. Maybe Griffin himself had sent them down or maybe they just wandered away from their own Pride. The Ndege never found out, but they had gained experience, a new friend, and a sense of togetherness stronger than they had before. Overall, Ndege was glad they got to see and meet the alien visitors

(823 words)

Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ndege Pride: Prompts

Postby Galeslash7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:59 pm

ITEM PROMPT 4
Use this random image generator to write a story about one of your lions. Link to the image somewhere for reference.
250 word minimum, 1 point
Trees that sprout out of water. The Ndege had never seen one since GoldenShiningSun and _____ moved the the Plateau. That is until CoolWind found the first one.

She had been taking a trip down to the watering hole to maybe drink some water or catch some prey. But what she saw made her stumble in surprise and fall straight into the water! Sputtering, she burst back to the surface and tread water there. But what she saw made her gasp. Right in the middle of the watering hole was a small sprout of a tree! CoolWind swam over to have a look at this mysterious sight. She tried to be careful of roots that may be floating in the water, but as close as possible.

And it sure was floating. The trunk started below the surface, but its strong roots held it in place on the water's floor. CoolWind reached out a paw and poked the tree. It was alive and sure was strong. Its few leaves were a dull green-yellow, but its small trunk was a beautiful brown. Excited with what she had found, she paddled back to shore and got out. She shook herself as dry as her fur could go and then raced towards the camp as fast as she could.

Once she got to camp she started to yell for the other lions to come check out what she had found. "WanderingWhisper! GoldenShiningSun! Someone! Come see what I found! You won't believe it!' She raced around in circles until GoldenShiningSun came out and smiled sweetly at CoolWind.

"Let's go see." And they were off.

Once they got there, GoldenShiningSun gasped in surprise. "That tree is growing straight out of the water!"

"It sure is strong. I poked the roots and I don't think that tree is leaving any time soon." CoolWind was so happy to be able to share her discovery.

"Amazing. I think that this tree will grow to be a beautiful part of the Watering Hole. I think we should call it Nguvu, it means strong."

{342 words, 1 point}
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S25

Postby Galeslash7 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:36 am

ITEM Prompt 5
Instagram Post, 1 point

3 points
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S25

Postby Galeslash7 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:00 am

Item Prompts
Instagram Post, 1 point

{4 points}
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P3-CoolWind

Postby Galeslash7 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:26 pm

Write your lion's backstory. 200 words min, 150 exp.
CoolWind

CoolWind is a mysterious lion who appeared on the edge of Ndege's territory on the slope of the Plateau during what the Ndege called the "Visiting Period". This was a period of time where strange lions appeared on the border of Ndege and visited them. Most were good, a few were bad. But CoolWind was the only of the visitors who decided to stay. She refused to tell GoldenShiningSun where she and the other visitors came from and keeps those facts closely hidden. She may tell eventually, but right now no one knows anything about her past history. When she came to Ndege, she gave the Pride the gift of "pumpkin". These were orange and squishy foods that she brought the Ndege, and were the same food as the markings on her flank. The Ndege enjoyed the food even if it was very strange. She stayed as a guest with the Ndege, and found out more about their customs and lifestyle. She found out that she loved the Pride and started to bond with the few who were trying to start it up. She decided to stay and was named CoolWind after the season she came to the Ndege in. Her previous name is unknown.

{205/200} {Level 3: 190/500}
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D5

Postby Galeslash7 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:30 pm

Art of your lion: Fullbody, shading, color, & base= 10 points

{Level 3: 200/500}
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

B1

Postby Galeslash7 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 pm

Give your founder a personality. 150 words, 100 points
GoldenShiningSun is a wise and gentle leader, but is not afraid of a challenge. She likes structure and routine and is not great at thinking on the spot or being the most flexible. She loves all her Pride members, but can be too trusting of them, even with brand new members. She is forgiving, yet stern, though she likes to explain what the lion did wrong instead of straight-out punishing them. She is a wonderful teacher and is caring, but to outsiders she is a strong independent leader who is very fierce. She is graceful and is more of a quick lion than a brute-strength one. She is very religious and romantic. She has been told that she shows favoritism and is too easy on members who disobey. She is welcoming to strangers and kind, merciful, and gentle. Yet, she is fierce in battle, loyal, protective, and quick. She makes a wonderful leader for the Pride and the Eagle and Raven are there to help cover her weaknesses.

{168/150} {Level 3: 300/500}
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me