Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:07 am

━━━━━━ Rise and rise again. Seize the day, seize the night. ━━━━━━

Just a small writing archive for HW prompts & such. I'd appreciate if you don't post here,
but feel free to browse through (or hit up my pms)! I hope you have a lovely day! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐴𝑅𝐶𝐻𝐼𝑉𝐸

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:14 am

━━━━━━━━ Rise and rise again. Seize the day, seize the night. ━━━━━━━━

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leveling Archive:
Level One
Level Two
Level Three
⋆ Level Four
⋆ Level Five
xxxxx
xxxxx

level four ⋆ seven/nine cats ⋆ last archive post
Last edited by Vivika on Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ // 001. \\ 600/500EXP

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:25 am

█ ☆ G11. Explain how your group(s) (are) structured (rankings, if there are one group or multiple, are there any rogues mixed in) ☆ █

𝑅𝐴𝑁𝐾𝑆: 𝑁𝑂𝐵𝐼𝐿𝐼𝑇𝑌
    General
    • Leader of the Valenians. The position is hereditary with the ‘approval’ of the fog. No cat has ever been appointed as General outside the first established hereditary line and it is believed that only members of the Valenian Council are eligible to take this position.
    • Crown-general: First born kit of the General, often known to be heir to the position.

First Lieutenant
    • Second highest position and advisor to the General.
    • Selected from any of the candidates of the Valenian Council.

Second Lieutenant
    • Leader of the elite Sky Watchers and military advisor to the General.

Valenian Council
    • Addressed as the regent. There are five distinct bloodlines in the Council, and each regent represents one of the divisions of the Vis, and directs their day-to-day activities.
    • They function as the governing body and advisory council of the Valens.
    • Crown-regent: Refers to the heir of the regent, generally the first-born.

The Skywatchers
    • Addressed as commanders, these cats form an elite group of warriors and military tacticians of the land. They are the top lines of defense and answer only to the General, holding a fearsome reputation amongst the Valens.
    • Known to be a ‘black operations’ group. They enforce all orders given to them, however brutal, and often protect the General and their heir. Dubbed the ‘Royal Guard’ behind closed doors amongst the Vis.
    • The offspring of the Valenian Council are known to dominate the Sky Watchers. While it isn’t impossible, but certainly rare, others are known to be able to make their way here as well.

Aristocracy
    • Comprised of the others born to the regents of the Valenian Council. Addressed as governor or governess, the majority of them are not heirs to their respective bloodline.
    • They tend to carry out orders from the regents, and interact the most with the commoners. At times, they may be called upon for their ‘insight’ into commoner life and scout out (rarely) potential recruits for the Skywatchers. Others are also known for tutoring younger kits in the council.

𝑅𝐴𝑁𝐾𝑆: 𝐶𝑂𝑀𝑀𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑅𝑆
    The Vis
    • Adult members of the clan. They form the majority of the clan, and are responsible for contributing to the clan activities. These cats are expected to conform to the wishes of the higher-ups without question. The Vis are separated into divisions, depending on their skill set.
    • Divisions include: hunters, warriors, medics, guardians or concierges.
      • Guardians: Function as teachers and guides. Their responsibilities lie in teaching and mentoring the Novus in basic training.
      • Warriors: Trained in the art of combat, and hold defensive or offensive positions within. They regularly patrol and define the borders; known for apprehending intruders and ensuring all cats are performing their duties.
      • Hunters: Provisionaries of the clan. Responsible for hunting and scouting out prey.
      • Medics: Specialize in medicine and the medicinal properties of herbs. These cats may spend their time collecting/preparing herbs, or treating their patients.
      • Concierges: Considered the lowest of the divisions. These cats are considered ‘unskilled’ and perform odd jobs, mostly related to cleaning, kit-sitting and tidying the camp.

Apprentices
    • Become eligible for apprenticeship at eight moons, where they specialize and receive further training in a particular division. They are assigned to one of the Vis by the guardians and the Valenian Council.
    • Upon completing their apprenticeship at twelve moons, they become full-fledged members of the clan and are expected to uphold all the duties in their division.

Novus (the new)
    • Kits become eligible at five moons to start basic training.
    • Group training under the watchful eye of the guardians.

█ ☆ G8. How do your cats record the passing of time? ☆ █

The Valenians record the passage of time through moons. After a full-moon passes and fades, a new moon is said to have begun. With the exception of the quartets or the change of seasons, the start of a new moon has very little significance. However, every quartet (or after every three moons), a member of the nobility will make an official announcement that a new season has begun. The first day of a new season is considered an official day of rest. Members of the nobility take the day off from their duties, while commoners have their work assignments slashed into half (more or less).

█ ☆ G10. Where is a place that your cats can meet for important matters? ☆ █

The nobility and commoners all have separate areas designated as meeting places. Both classes don’t typically mingle, a mind-set that has long since settled in the minds of the Valenians over many generations.

𝑨𝑳𝑻𝑨
    The aristocracy, more specifically the Valenian Council and the General, meet at a location known as the Alta. High above the eastern mountains, the area overlooks the forest and the commoners below, providing a vast view of the territory known as home to the Valenians. Far above from prying eyes and providing secrecy, members of the council and the general often spend their days gathered here, playing the age-old game of diplomacy and discussing the implementation of new rules. Alta is viewed with contempt by most of the Vis, who believe that the secrecy of the location merely breeds corruption, reducing transparency. Amongst younger commoners, there’s an adage that the ‘thin mountain air’ was surely behind the idiocracy of the aristocracy. The location is also notably encased with fog, although rumor has it that the fog has been thinning out.

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑽𝑬𝑹𝑳𝑶𝑪𝑯
    The Vis (commoners) gather at a location known as Silverloch. For generations before, it was considered a place of meditation and contemplation, considered sacred in the eyes of the Valenians. It remains untouched, much like it was generations before, with its soft grass, pool of still water and most importantly the ever thickening presence of the fog. It was said to be the ‘bridge between heaven and earth’; a place for those who seek advice, answers and comfort. A place of dreams, visions, prophecies and guidance. Many come here under the guise of mediation, since ‘gathering in large groups’ has been forbidden due to the possibility of an uprising. Really, the place serves as a ground to rekindle those lost dreams and hopes of the past. It is a ground to breed rebellion.

EXP TOTALS:
G11. [580 words written + 350 word overflow]
150EXP + 175EXP = 325EXP.
G8. [105 words written + 50 words overflow]
50EXP + 25EXP = 75EXP.
G10. [306 words written + 200 words overflow]
100EXP + 100 EXP = 200EXP
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ // 002. \\ 550/500EXP

Postby Vivika » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 am

█ ☆ G4. What sort of creatures (prey or predator) populate your group’s territory? ☆ █

𝐺𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙: 𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑎
    Valenia is a haven for a myriad of wildlife. Birds, butterflies and bugs are the least of the creatures that call Valenia home. The territory encompasses many different biomes, each different from the next, resulting in a diversified chain of prey and predators. Mostly though, the territory is known for its three areas: mountains, forest and shoreside.

The towering peaks of the eastern and western mountains are known to be inhabited with small, hardy creatures, along with predatory birds. Birds (hawks, falcons & eagles) and rodents (voles, mice & shrews) are some of the most common prey in the area. While not common, the occasional hare and fox may be found here as well, usually during the peak of the summer moons.

Silvestre. Known as Valenia’s pride and joy, it’s no wonder that the dense forest is one of the main sources of food for the Valenians. The forest teems with various flora and fauna. Small birds, rabbits, squirrels and rodents can be found in abundance deep within, along with larger creatures such as deer and badgers.

Valenia’s shoreside is mostly barren, mainly home to jagged rocks and seashells. The grounds lack the diversity of the forests, and are rarely used as hunting grounds. Even the most experienced hunter would struggle gleaning anything from this deserted part of Valenia. Most of the prey here include small hermit-like crabs and minnows.

𝑁𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝐶𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑠: 𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑎
    Aervul (meaning air-fox): A name whispered in reverence amongst the ranks of the Valenians. These creatures closely resemble a fox, but take the size of a wolf, appearing almost a translucent, pale ivory color with striking amber or jade eyes. The aervuls are solitary creatures, residing mainly in the depths of the fog (Caligo). They are known to be defenders and representatives of the Caligo~ her warriors. Ancient stories have it that those who blaspheme against her are attacked by the aervuls, who defend her honor. On days when the fog is the heaviest, Valenians report seeing some of these creatures amidst the fog.

Volturis (meaning vulture): Think vultures, but pterodactyl-sized. With wing-spans of about 5 meters (16ft), these birds are often both regarded as pests and shunned. Although only ever seen during the winter months in the mountains, these large birds of prey are one of the most dangerous predators in the area. They migrate during the summer to cooler locations, but often return in the winter to Valenia. These pesky birds tend to scare or snag prey away during hunts, often raiding fresh-kill piles. Kits are especially at risk, and although rare now, it used to be a common occurrence for kits to be snagged by the volturis. It still happens every once in a while, but thankfully the dense forest cover protects the Valenians from the worst of it.

Ictis (meaning weasels): Similar to their cousins the weasels, the ictis hold a bearing similar in size and structure. They live amongst the undergrowth of Silvestre, ducking in and out from amidst the fauna. Sneaky little creatures, they are able to blend in with their surroundings by changing the colors of their coat in a twitch of a whisker. Their coats range in color from dark brown all the way down to white. Easily intimidated, the ictis often blends in with their surroundings to avoid being seen. When threatened (however accidental) or cornered, they often lash out as an unseen force. They attack from their burrows, often creating ‘sinkholes’ that drag unsuspecting cats down-- the result of many hunting injuries and scrapes.

█ ☆ G28.What sort of names do your cats have? Why? ☆ █

The Valenians were originally descendants from ancient areas around the world, before they came together. Their names often encompass french, latin, roman, hebrew and greek roots to reflect their history or ancestry. Names are chosen by a kit’s parents, and carried by a kit into adulthood. Parents and/or parental figures often choose to name their kit based on the symbolic meaning of the name, opting to favor names indicative of strength of character or skill. Others choose to name kits based on their temperament, and it isn’t uncommon for parents to hold off from choosing a name for a few weeks.

Amongst commoners, nicknames are common and embraced (more or less). They can be related or a play-off from a kit’s actual name, or have nothing to do with it whatsoever. Some pick up nicknames from their talents or skills, others pick them up as a shortened form of their name. Since the commoners lack any formal titles, nicknames fill that role. Most kits have one or two that remain with them for the rest of their life, and it is extremely uncommon for commoners to not have one. While the aristocracy refuse to embrace nicknames, the commoners have one for them (behind closed doors that is).

The aristocracy shuns the use of these shortened forms of names, regarding them as informal and holding an ‘utter form of disrespect’. Their kits are always referred to by their title and the full form of their names, even as a newborn. It is considered a way to integrate these kits into their roles as a member of the aristocracy. This politeness, considered stiff and faux by the commoners, extends to the common class as well. All commoners are referred to in a similar way, by the full form of their names and nothing less.

EXP TOTALS:
G4. [582 words written + 350 word overflow]
150EXP + 175EXP = 325EXP.
G28. [303 words written + 250 words overflow]
50EXP + 125 EXP = 175EXP
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ // 003. \\ 575/500EXP

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:44 am

█ ☆ G6. How do your cats respond to outsiders? rogues/pet cats/ect ☆ █

The Valenians tend to be rather suspicious to outsiders, although there are vast differences in the response between members of the Vis (commoners) and the aristocracy. Neither group embraces them, but they don’t always agree on how they should be treated.

Aristocratic members group outsiders into two separate groups, mentally. Enemies or recruits. Conspirators against the Crown (also known as rebellion members) and those who breach Valenian code --in an unforgivable sense-- sometimes may escape punishment, fleeing for their lives. These are considered enemies. They are to be executed, if spotted without mercy or remorse. Their descendants and off-spring are spared, but often are closely monitored. The slightest infraction could result in punishment, or in most cases, death. All others tend to fall under the ‘potential additions’, and are taken as captive prisoners if they are found infringing on Valenian territory. Once captured or convinced to join, they are integrated into Valenian society through training, to ensure that the clan bloodlines remain strong, diverse and prosperous.

Members of the Vis are usually suspicious of outsiders in general. Their warriors are expected to capture outsiders they deem valuable, but most tend to let them go free with a firm reprimand. As for those who perform their duty or have no choice, they tend to put up an act of swagger to intimidate their ‘prisoners’ or fall into a silver-tongued role to convince them to join willingly. As for the so-called enemies, most tend to ignore them, some report them, while others willingly shelter these conspirators in hopes of overthrowing the corrupt system.

█ ☆ G9.What is the role of the young in your group? When is a cat considered old enough to be an adult? Is there a rite of passage? ☆ █

Valenian society is fiercely protective of their young. If there's anything both the aristocracy and the commoners can agree on, it is the security of their kits. In general, young kits don’t have much in terms of responsibilities. For the most part, they are expected to observe those older than them, and to role model their habits. Before their training begins, kits are taught to submit to authority, and to learn common decency and social mannerisms.

Training starts at five moons, where kits become known as the Novus. Commoners begin group training under the watchful eyes of the guardians. Novus members are launched into three moons of basic training, which is known to be harsh and meant to weed out the ‘weak’ from the strong. The Novus are taught basic hunting, fighting and mentorship skills. They are also introduced to medicine, and herbal remedies. From there, guardians (on approval of the Valenian Council) will access each kit to determine which division (hunters, warriors, healers or concierges) they'll be best suited for during apprenticeship. Kits of the aristocracy go through a similar process, but have private training sessions with some of the elite warriors and governors/governesses.

At eight moons, apprenticeship begins. For the commoners, divisions are assigned based on the aptitude they displayed during basic training. Each kit is assigned to an adult member of their division to be apprenticed. From there, they'll further train and specialize in their assigned division. Members of the aristocracy also go through a similar process, specializing in a particular area. However, they are known to be better rounded individuals, and many train in different skill-sets to further refine their skills. Diplomacy is considered an essential part of apprenticeship for the offspring of the aristocracy, and a good chunk of time is devoted to the study of it. At twelve moons, all apprentices have completed their training and are considered full-fledged members of the clan. They are considered young adults, and are expected to uphold all the duties associated with their division.

█ ☆ G21. Does your group interact with/know of/have feelings towards twolegs/humans? If not, explain why not. ☆ █

The Valenians know of humans, those ancient two-legged beings that once explored Valenia. Their territory has artifacts (greek/roman/hebrew) that have been left behind by them. Small objects like keys and fragments of pottery are common findings, and considered highly valuable. Most of the aristocracy hoards and owns these artifacts, if only for status value. Occasionally, the commoners own these as well, usually upon discovering them by chance near the seaside.

Artifacts aside, the Valenians don’t think too much about humans. They take quite a liking towards their artifacts, but really see no purpose in them. To them, humans have long since ‘disappeared’ and no sightings have been seen of them for centuries. It was said that they came by way of the waters, hundreds if not thousands of centuries ago. To them, humans are ancient and extinct creatures, respected for their affinity to create things and nothing more nothing less.

EXP TOTALS:
G6. [261 words written + 100 words overflow]
100EXP + 50EXP = 150EXP
G21.[151 words written + 0 words overflow]
150EXP + 0EXP = 150EXP
G9.[337 words written + 150 words overflow]
150EXP + 75EXP = 225EXP
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery