⥽ ) fenguard. - ( cav archives )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

⥽ ) fenguard. - ( cav archives )

Postby w0ah » Fri May 08, 2020 5:27 pm

█ █
      █ █
      █ █
      █ █
      █ █
      █ █
          xxxxxxxx.xxxLOYALTY TO THE HERD!
          xxxxxx" welcome to the archives, curious traveler ── please come in, take a look around. you'll find an acc
          ount of every detail, happening, and recollection of the fenguard among these old, dusty books and scrolls."

[ create-a-village ── create-a-clan ── create-a-kennel ── please do not post ]
Last edited by w0ah on Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w0ah » Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 pm

𝐢xxx.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒
      xxxxxxxxxx⥼ ─────────────────────────────────────────────── ⥽
CHAPTER 𝐈. TERRITORY AND DOMAIN
        xxxxxxin this chapter, you'll learn of the territory and domain that has been the founding features of the fenguard; you'll discover
        landmarks, important structures, and distinct features of the landscape.xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post three

CHAPTER 𝐈𝐈. RELIGION AND CULTURE
        xxxxxxxto truly delve more into the fine details, we'll be exploring the religion the fenguard hails to and their rather unique cultur
        -e, all throughout this chapter. prepare to immerse yourself into the experience.xxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post four

CHAPTER 𝐈𝐈𝐈. .xRANKING STRUCTURE
        xxxxxxin this chapter, we'll take a look at the ranking or structure of the fenguard's society. we'll even learn each of their uses, p
        -urposes, and how they served the community.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post five

CHAPTER 𝐈𝐕. RACE AND APPEARANCE
        xxxxxxin this chapter, its time to see those that actually resided in this region. here, we'll learn about the centaurs and cervitaur
        -s that made fenguard their home, and how their appeared.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post six

CHAPTER 𝐕. xxFAMILIAL GENEALOGY
        xxxxxxnow its time to dive deeper into the past. in this chapter, we'll follow a families' bloodline, tracing them back to their ver
        -y ancient ancestors. we'll see how families connected, grew, and expanded.xxxxxx..xxxxxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post seven

CHAPTER 𝐕𝐈. DIET AND AGRICULTURE
        xxxxxxin this chapter, we'll learn of the various foods and prey that the fenguard relied on to survive, and even what crops they
        were able to cultivate and grow among their rich farmland. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post eight

CHAPTER 𝐕𝐈𝐈. xxxxxxxTHE DECEASED
        xxxxxxin this chapter, we'll learn of those among the fenguard who have passed due to various reasons or causes. it is always go
        -od to look-back on the dead and commemorate their lives. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post nine

CHAPTER 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. xxxxTHE CHRONICLES
        xxxxxxfinally, in this last, but not least, portion of the book, we'll finally be able to look back into the past and recall, to the fi
        -nest detail, the events of fenguard and the order in which they occurred. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeginning page one, post ten
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. i ( territory and domain )

Postby w0ah » Sat May 09, 2020 3:51 am

𝐢𝐢xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxTERRITORY AND DOMAIN
      xxxxxxthe fenguard is a herd of centaurian-folk which are both fiercely loyal and protective of their fellow guard. they reside among──you guessed it──the fen, which is a low-lying marshy habitat often flooded with water. however, toward the center of their fen territory lies a field of dry grass just large enough for their settlement. the fen surrounds their village like a moat around a castle──precarious and difficult to pass through onto the other side. if not for the guard themselves, the fen would provide perfect protection from any rival seeking to storm their village.
      xxxxxxthe main territory of the fenguard is, obviously, the fen. on all sides, from north to south, there is a large and vast stretch of it. throughout the fen, however, are a few particular regions useful for their separate purposes. for example, the eastern forest, which is often just referred to as eastwood, is a region of the fen that is more covered in trees, contrary to the majority of which is mainly just grasses or reeds with only a few trees here and there. there is also the fenway pass, which is a narrow bridge constructed many years ago to cross over a wider section of the river. lastly , there is the fenridge, which is a long mound or hill, with a wide, flat ridge at its peak, allowing perfect aerial views in all directions for patrolling.
      xxxxxxatop fenridge, one can expect a clearer view of what the fenguard's territory encloses. in the north, towering mountains peek into the sky, jutting through the clouds and touching the stars. this mountain range provides the village with protection from the north, and their climate is warm and humid, contrary to the cool and dry region that lies beyond. in the east, eastwood seems to go on for forever, the rolling hills of pine trees stretching far into the horizon. in the south, the fen continues, but evens out further along into flat meadows and fields, less marshy and wet. in the west, the fen seems to stretch further and further along, but also evens out into meadows and plains, a few forests dotted here and there.
      xxxxxxthough fenguard's settlement began small, it quickly grew and built into a large, city-like structure.lined by fortified walls, there are watchtowers on each corner for guards to watch for any threats throughout the day. there are several main buildings throughout the space inside the walls──including a gathering hall, training grounds, the shaman's home which also serves as an infirmary, and the storage building, housing resources such as food and materials for crafting. there is also a blacksmith's tent, where much of their armor and weaponry was provided. finally, the housing for the commander. the building is just like any other home of the rest of the villagers, but it is much more sturdy and decorated in a few banners. its a substantial cabin,nothing too fancy. the rest of the villagers' homes are very similar. they're all unique in their own way, but are basic and sturdy cabins crafted from logs.
      xxxxxxthe insides and furnishings of these homes are rather bare. those of fenguard tend to live a minimalist lifestyle, so they usually only have a few necessary furnishings in a home. this includes a unique bed suited specifically for centaurs and cerivtaurs, which is usually a cot, low to the ground, with a large pillow to lean against. blankets and quilts are optional to the owner of the bed. throughout the cabin, there are usually a few shelves, and other means of storage, for personal items. these cabins are often just one room, but families may opt to expand and add extra rooms. some individuals may also just want to have separate rooms throughout the cabin for their own preferences. an upper-floor is rather rare among a common home, as it's rather inconvenient for any centuar. the only few buildings that do are the commander's own home and the gathering hall. these are usually low and sloping stairways, designed specifically for a centaur's use.
      xxxxxxthe gathering hall is a large building similar to that of the viking longhouses. it serves as a place for the entire village to gather and meet with each other throughout the day. beside their usual and scheduled meetings, many of the guard still congregate and socialize in the gathering hall throughout the day and night. there are two entrances into the building, one on each end. inside, there are long tables with benches for people to gather and feast on their meals. toward the center of the building, against the wall, is a low podium with a separate table and chairs, providing seating for the commander, general, scouting chief, and hunting chief during meetings or meals. there is also a separate corner of the building with a few cushions and side-tables, a lounge of the sorts. there's a low stand behind it acting as a bar, where the fenguard's beverages are stored for the adults to drink.
      xxxxxxthere is also an upstairs to the gathering hall , which is secluded from the rest of the building , this is the room where the commander and the other high-ranking members, such as the general, scouting chief, and hunting chief, meet to discuss any important matters. there's a low, long table with a seat specifically on the end of the table for the commander. several other seats or cushions surrounding the table are provided.
      xxxxxxthe training grounds are a corralled-off area near the edge of the village's settlement. its circular in shape, with the ground covered in a layer of dirt that has been padded-down by many hooves over the years. there are several tools and training-weapons on racks throughout the corral. here, young apprentices and testers will train with their mentors on their necessary skills──they'll learn how to hunt, battle, forage, and much more, occasionally joining on patrols as well.
      xxxxxxthe infirmary, or shaman's home, is where the shaman lives and trains their apprentice, if they happen to have one. here, not only does the shaman sleep here, but they also store all of their herbs and medicine. they also take their patients there, having several spare cots and such, and treat them. the shaman's home is decorated in their wares, and several books and scrolls lie throughout. if any individual needs information or a lesson on history, the shaman is exactly the one to come to and learn from, sometimes even providing scriptures for those to read.
      xxxxxxfinally, the storage building, which is pretty self-explanatory. the building is quaint, but large enough to store all of the villages' food and crops. there is even a stall just outside of the building where prey can be butchered and prepared for cooking. there are many shelves and cabinets, housing jars and baskets, as well as other containers, filled with their contents. a feline or canine friend is often useful to have around in this area to keep the mice and rats at-bay.
      xxxxxxthat sums-up the fenguard's territory and their village. beside that, pathways made from simply dirt or cobble weaves between the different buildings of their settlement. there's a ring of cobblestone toward the center of the settlement where the gathering hall, storage building, infirmary, and other community buildings are all connected to. the individual houses and homes surround this area, with the commander's cabin being toward the back and almost against the wall . trees and shrubbery dot the settlement, providing means of shade and scenery. several homes, especially of gatherers, even have a small plot beside their cabin for gardening and growing crops. as the village grows, there is plenty of fertile land outside of the settlement for creating farmland to grow crops. the entrance to the settlement is a guarded gate with two watchtowers on either end. its doors are swung open wide during the day, then closed during the night, only allowing evening patrols to head in and out.
Last edited by w0ah on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. ii ( religion and culture )

Postby w0ah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:46 am

𝐢𝐢𝐢xxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRELIGION AND CULTURE
      xxxxxxkita is the favorable deity amongst the fenguard, though its citizens are free to choose what they believe in or follow at will. kita is neither a god or goddess, but rather a genderless entity that resembles that of a faceless centaur, cloaked in pale silks and other cloths. they are a being that was the first amongst the earth, and watched as nature took its course and created the beings that now inhabit it. rather than being an entity that created this life, kita is an entity that maintains the balance of this life and the harmony of nature. they are what reminds the sun and moon to rise and fall throughout the course of a day, and makes sure the balances in an ecosystem are maintained. kita leads a soul once they have passed to an endless, comfortable sleep, enriched with pleasant dreams to fade-away to. without kita, the course of life would never have been the same, and the creatures of earth would not have maintained the structure that they have managed to keep.
      xxxxxxkita is not a deity that just members of the fenguard have chosen to follow, but is one that is popularly followed amongst a majority of centaurian-folk. they are one that favored the centuars in the centuries before, and guided them along when they were in need. thought not all centaurs have chosen to follow or praise kita as the others do, they still keep them in a fond place in their hearts. even so, the religion of the centaurs is very loose and a practice is never structured or rigid. centaurs may simply decide when or what to do and how they may pray to kita. they are loosely mentioned in certain ceremonies and during special occasions, such as marriages or the birth of a new child. unlike other civilizations, the centaurs never force their religion upon their citizens and will not favor one over the other for their choice of beliefs,even if a centaur has chosen to not believe in any deity or deities at all. they are rather free at will with these types of situations, and religion is not always their top priority.
      xxxxxxas for the culture of fenguard, it is very apparent that they resemble many of the early nordic or scandinavian cultures, in which we call vikings. many of their cabins or structures that are constructed at their hands resemble similar tastes to that of the vikings, including their gathering hall, which has been said to resemble that of the viking longhouses. similarly, as is titled in their very name, they are warrior-like in many ways, and focus greatly on their tactics in battle. this does not go to say, however, that they are unruly or barbarians in any way. they are quite the opposite, having a very rule-abiding and civilized population. they may be strong, skilled in battle, and warrior-like on the battlefield, but amongst their home and their fellow guard, they are loyal and orderly. when not occupied by training or their daily patrols,there are activities strewn throughout their village home which provide them with much nourishment. youngsters, from children to even younger apprentices, are tasked with duties around the village grounds which "builds their character, and source of responsibility", as according to their mentors. their tasks may include cleaning their elders' homes, or cooking meals for the patrols to enjoy once they return. the youth may even help with the shaman, and the infirmary is always in need of a good cleaning and tidying.the youth of the fenguard never have nothing to do.
      xxxxxxas for the adults, each rank has separate times of patrols and individual parties or squadrons as assigned by their high-ranking official, or the commander themselves. some patrols may leave in the early hours of dawn, or during the late hours of the night. no matter, any individual in their rank must be punctual to arrive in the gathering hall, where they meet with the rest of their squadron to eat and hydrate before they are to go on patrol. once it is their time to leave, the patrol travels together through the gate, which is always guarded by a few select guards that change shifts every few hours or so. once the patrol returns, they are usually arriving just as another patrol is preparing to leave. they may also find themselves a meal, if they so wish. the time after a citizen returns from the assigned patrol, they are at free-will for the rest of the day to do whatever they so please. this may include drinks at the gathering hall with some friends, or a walk through the market, which is usually set-up just outside of the gathering hall in the ring of cobblestone where the other community buildings are connected to.
      xxxxxxthe market has small wooden stalls which are set-up by, most commonly, an assortment of gatherers that wish to sell their wares or crops. the fenguard does have their own currency, which is not connected to the yemons which an be traded amongst all villages. yemons are a collective fund owned by the whole village as a whole and managed by the higher ranks. each villager is given a monthly balance of this currency, which allows them to buy from other villagers select wares which are usually personal trinkets or select vegetables that they may decide to snack on, separate from the meals they are already given. the amount of this currency that a certain villager has will not affect or change how they are in their society, or simply their status. higher-ranking officials do not necessarily have more of this currency either.it is not even necessary for an individual to have or use this currency, for it is simply something that is extra, and they may choose or not choose to use. many choose to live without using it.
      xxxxxxmuch like other cultures, the citizens of the fenguard marry and live together in as a family in a home.however, they are free to live in any way that they may please. the fenguard does not discriminate against any sexuality or gender. any couple is treated just the same as another. if a man and another man are to be married, they are married just in the same way that a man and a woman are to marry. even so, if a couple decides to live together and not proceed into marriage, that is also accepted. the ceremony itself is rather simple, and mainly treated as a large party for the entire village to participate and enjoy. the commander is called-forth to announce the couple and their new marital status. the celebration then commences, with much drinking done by the adults, and plenty of feasting. games for the youth are put in place for them to enjoy while the adults are busy drinking their minds away.
Last edited by w0ah on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. iii ( ranking structure )

Postby w0ah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:52 pm

𝐢𝐯xx..;.xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRANKING STRUCTURE
      xxxxxxwords words words ...
Last edited by w0ah on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. iv ( race and appearance )

Postby w0ah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:56 pm

𝐯xxx.x..xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRACE AND APPEARANCE
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. v ( familial genealogy )

Postby w0ah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:58 pm

𝐯𝐢xxx.xxxxxxxxx.xx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFAMILIAL GENEALOGY
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. vi ( diet and agriculture )

Postby w0ah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:01 pm

𝐯𝐢𝐢xxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDIET AND AGRICULTURE
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. vii ( the deceased )

Postby w0ah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:02 pm

𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢xxx.xx.xxxxxb..xxx.xxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHE DECEASED
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chap. viii ( the chronicles )

Postby w0ah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:04 pm

𝐢𝐱xxx..x..xxxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxx𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHE CHRONICLES
      [ STARTER ] found here ── describes the basics of the fenguard, beginning their story.
      [ POST ONE ] found here ── helanthe founds the fenguard, and her time among the fen begins.
      [ POST TWO ] found here ── their numbers have nearly quadrupled, and helanthe struggles with dreams.
      [ POST THREE ] found here ── the general receives a tour of the territory, though their past lingers.
      [ POST FOUR ] found here ── the first official meeting of the entire guard.
      [ POST FIVE ] found here ── a strange creature joins the ranks of the fenguard.
      [ POST SIX ] found here
      [ POST SEVEN ] found here
      [ POST EIGHT ] found here
      [ POST NINE ] found here
      [ POST TEN ] found here
      [ POST ELEVEN ] found here
      [ POST TWELVE ] found here
      [ POST THIRTEEN ] found here
      [ POST FOURTEEN ] found here
w0ah

My pets
My items