──( the stars glitter above✦ )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

do you like the random things I write?

yeah, sure!
56%
nah, not necessarily
4%
I didn't read them
8%
hello
32%

Total votes : 50

──( the stars glitter above✦ )

Postby basil! » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:49 pm

hello! you've stumbled upon my writing thread!
you might find poems, short stories, or just
rants about my day here. I love constructive
criticism, so please feel free to pm me about
any comments you may have! however, please
dnp. I hope you enjoy your time here!

also, major tw, i vent here a lot (nothing very graphic but stay safe)
Last edited by basil! on Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 13 times in total.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lonely

Postby basil! » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:55 pm

why do you make everything just a bit prettier?
when i am with you,
i feel safe.
you never embrace me,
the words will never leave your lips,
and yet i love you.

i spend so much time with you,
exchanged jokes,
but i don't want to.
i don't want to love you, you idiot.
i'm tired of these unrequited feelings,
but i keep coming back to you.

i love the words you speak,
the things you do,
the way you see the world.
i love it all,
exchanging thoughts with each other.

i know we're just kids,
but god, it hurts.
knowing you will never love me.

i'm sorry for falling in love with you.
i'm sorry for loving you for three years.
i'm sorry for being myself.

maybe i'm just lonely now.
Last edited by basil! on Fri May 01, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

drifting

Postby basil! » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:44 am

it would be so easy to just drift away
close my eyes,
and let time collapse on itself
as reality fades;

to not be aware
is a gift and a fortune,
something I can never have.

why does my existence,
such a short, fragile thing,
mean anything?

i don't get it.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i know.

Postby basil! » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:01 pm

"why don't you love me?"
you look at me,
your innocent eyes glittering with tears.

guilt tears my insides apart,
and I turn away.
"I can't".

"Why?"
Your eyes, so wide, so hurt
fill me with pain.

but I cannot love you.
"Am I so unlovable?"
you ask, paining me

"even you don't love me.
no one loves me."
i don't know how to reply.

"I can't love you.
you are me, and I cannot love you.
not when you're like this."

"Why?
I was a little child."
you foolish thing.

"maybe i deserved it, then."
i can't tell who said that;
was it you? or was it me?

our words blend together,
and i still cannot love you.
not when you cry.

"i'm scared."
"it was in the past."
"they hurt me. she hurt me."

"you will never see them again. you will never see her again."
"she hurt me, and i never got an apology. she hurt me.
why did she hurt me? i'm a child, i'm a child."

"i'm sorry",
i whisper,
empty words blown away by the wind.

"what do i do, now?"
i ask, wiping your tears away.
"i just want someone to love me.

someone to treat me like i should have been.
someone to tell me they care, someone to mean it.
someone i can believe in."

"you can't keep looking for others.
no one will fix the hole in your heart."
i tell you, and yet i know exactly what you need.

"i can't live on if you don't love me."
you whisper the words, quiet,
and i know.

i know.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ごめん

Postby basil! » Fri May 01, 2020 8:13 am

あなたは私の好きな人です。
でも、あなたは私が好きではありません。
どうしてですか。
悲しくて、寂しいです。
ごめん。
私は悪い友達です。
あなたを愛していました。
ごめん。ごめん。

I'm not a native Japanese speaker and have been learning the language for only about a year, so I am sorry if I have made any mistakes. also hopefully this counts as writing and belongs in this thread haha
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

words

Postby basil! » Fri May 15, 2020 4:26 am

my words don’t reach the summer sun
they fall flat on the floor, undone
they run away and scatter, lost
my head is empty- spreading frost.
the winter tendrils grab my heart
my thoughts, in wild panic, dart
across my mind and through my lips
my heart, in desperation, skips
my words don’t reach the summer sun
they fall through winter and outrun
the fire burning up my lungs.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

poison

Postby basil! » Sat May 16, 2020 6:58 am

poison dripped from your lips
and fell onto my face,
onto my hands, my body,
the liquid sizzling and burning,
eroding flesh.

the drops reflected light:
rays danced across the opalescent surface,
glittering and shifting

the smell of burning flesh
increased with each word you uttered
drops of poison rolling off of your mouth,
bending the light.

i begged for more.
the toxins on my skin,
sickly sweet liquid eating me up;
oh, how delightful!

i did not know how much
of what was left was me;
charred black flesh
spread.

you wouldn’t give me the remedy.
your apology, a poison in itself;
your praise, burning my insides up.
your words sinking into me
my body protesting
against the toxins i’ve been feeding it.

your words were poison,
the sweet, painful type,
the type that made me burn and cry
but also wish for more,
more, more.

until my thoughts were replaced with radioactivity,
blood and fear bubbling at my throat
and spilling out of me.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

what is love?

Postby basil! » Thu May 21, 2020 4:53 am

What is love?
She asked the question as if it was something simple,
Something I could answer
Just like that.

I don’t know,
I replied,
I don’t know what love is.
Love is complicated.

But why,
She said,
Why do people care so much
About love?

Maybe it is because
Love is beautiful,
I answered,
A sad smile on my face.

Why is love beautiful?
She asked.

I took a breath,
Words forming in my head
And spilling out of my mouth.

Love is beautiful,
I answered,
Because love is caring about someone else
More than yourself.

Love is greater than us.
Love is counting each second you are apart,
Whispering under your breath
For time to pass quicker.

Love is being reminded of you
In everything I see.
Every thought laced with your face,
Your sweet laugh ringing in my head.

It is feeling at home in your arms,
Warmth spreading through my chest
And making me feel safe
When you hold me.

It is agony,
Every time I bite my tongue,
Unsaid feelings hanging in the air.

Every tear, every time
You threaten to leave,
My apologies polluting the air
Like clouds of smoke.

For you, I would go to the depths of hell.
I hide my feelings,
My hand lingering above yours, but never touching
Just for you.

That is what love is,
I tell her.
Love is a sacrifice.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

random story

Postby basil! » Sun May 24, 2020 2:21 pm

The night is dark, but buildings brighten the sky, fluorescent lights in thousands of colors dancing along the streets. Each building is high, towering over the grey-splattered pavement. If looked at hard enough, people can be seen moving within the windows, each one a portal into a small private world. Billboards and screens hang in the sky like large stars, their images flickering and changing in an uncoordinated pattern.
A lone figure hurries down the sidewalk, keeping to the darkest alleyways. A dark hoodie is draped around the person’s form, and his steps are almost soundless. He walks briskly, his movements fluid and smooth. Occasionally, he glances behind him, as if checking for followers.
The figure scrambles to a stop at a deserted parking lot. The lights of the city left behind, an oppressive aura fills the space. The figure looks around before pulling his hood down hastily, revealing snow-white hair. He leans against a wall and waits.
Only five or so minutes have passed when a second person walks into the parking lot, a white cloak draped around her slender shoulders. She looks around, eyes skidding over her surrounding and landing on the figure in front of her. With an annoyed sigh, she pulls down her cloak, grey hair cascading down her shoulders and to her waist.
“So, Ali,” the newly arrived person says. “You came as promised.”
“Indeed I did,” the second person, presumably Ali, answers. His voice is smooth and pleasant, but there is something off-putting about it. He runs a hand through his white hair and smiles. “What did you bring me here for, Anahera?”
Anahera looks coolly at Ali, her hair waving in the wind and tangling with her body. “Now, now. That’s no way to speak to a superior,” she says with indifferent amusement. “I am sure you will be very thankful when you hear what I have to say. After all, I have a mission for you," she answers.
“A mission?” Ali thinks in bewilderment. Out of all the things he thought Anahera might say, that was certainly not one of them. “What kind of mission?” Ali asks, cocking his head to the side. He eyes Anahera warily.
Anahera gives a humorless smile.“Well, you are in the lower ranks, yes?” she asks.
Ali nods, frowning. “Yes, I suppose you could put it that way. Why? I would think my position would make me less likely to be chosen for a mission.”
“Well, you see,” Anahera replies, the cold smile on her face unmoving. “The upper angels have been very busy. This has caused some problems, and we have been looking for more people to join the upper ranks.”
Ali scoffs. “To think the almighty angels would be anything less than perfect! How bizarre. It’s almost like you’re not what you’re claiming to be.”
Anahera looks at Ali with disdain. “You realize you’re the weaker one here, right? With just a few words, I could erase you from existence. Even hell would be a better fate than that kind of effacement.”
Ali shakes his head, but doesn’t speak up. Anahera takes that as a cue to continue.
“As I was saying, we need more people. The council and I have decided that you show potential. So, I am here to give you an offer.”
Ali mutters noncommittally, folding his hands across his chest. “Knowing the angels, I don’t think I have a choice in the matter,” he thinks, annoyed. “Their ‘offers’ are more blackmail than decision.”
“We want you to stay on Earth, as you have been doing so far, and help two people,” Anehara says calmly. “Despite our best efforts, we have not been able to change their destinies for several years. We suspect that dark magic is tied to their case. However, their success and cooperation is of utmost importance for our success.”
This piques Ali’s interest. He perks up, raising an eyebrow. “Utmost importance? Why would humans be important to us, when we are a ‘superior species’? And, do you mean that I get to actually do my job and help someone for once? I thought our order was too corrupted to allow things like that.”
Anahera’s face contorts into a frown. “Listen,” she hisses. “We are doing you a favor by offering such a merciful solution. If you are able to help the people within the next two years, we will leave you alone. You can do whatever you want, and you’ll rise in rank.”
“And if I fail?” Ali asks, waiting for the catch in this otherwise ideal offer. “If I refuse to do it?”
Anahera shakes her head. “If you fail, you will be erased. And if you refuse… Well, you have been on thin ice for a while, so I’m afraid we’ll have to kick you out.” Anahera flashes a sickly-sweet smile.
“And no one else could help these people?” Ali asks. “Precisely,” Anahera answers. Ali looks at her in disgust.
“You’re stooping low enough to force a practically impossible task on me? And giving erasure as a punishment for failing?” Ali says, shaking his head. “What kind of angels are you, even?” His words are laced with hatred.
“Will you take the offer?” Anahera asks, unfazed. She looks confident, and Ali grumbles, anger coursing through him. Of course she knew what the outcome would be. She didn’t leave any choice.
“Yes, I will,” Ali answers, rolling his eyes. “I don’t have a choice, and you know that as well as I do.”
Anahera smiles, reaching out her hand to shake Ali’s. Ali does not take it.
“Thank you for your business,” Anehara says. “We will remember your brave deeds and the sacrifice you have made for the mortal beings. You will be attending a college with said humans. More information will come shortly.”
As Anehara is speaking, fog gathers around her. It wraps her legs, her arms, her body, until only her face is visible. Finally, it envelops her completely and then dissipates, revealing an empty parking lot.
Ali slumps against the wall, his face in his hands. “Oh god,” he mutters. “Oh god. What am I going to do? What am I going to do now?” He sighs, running his hands through his hair. “I wish God was real,” he mutters, looking up at the murky sky.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basil! » Wed May 27, 2020 2:51 pm

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten…
I count each breath I take, the oxygen passing painfully through my burning lungs. To say the truth, I'm tired of breathing, every living second agony. One, two, three, four, five...
"Just one more breath," I think. "Just keep breathing, again and again. Just one more, just one more. It's going to be okay."
But those are empty words, their uselessness further proved by the hole seeming to open up in my chest. It feels like all of my dreams are burning up and evaporating into smoke, setting me ablaze with them. I feel like I'm being stabbed over and over again, fate lifting its sword and impaling my heart, my blood spilling out of me, my life force soaking ruffled pink sheets.
I've been in bed for hours now, I think. Time doesn't pass properly anymore. Every second lasts an eternity, and minutes blend into hours, the days prancing around as if taunting me. Somewhere deep down, hunger gnaws at me dimly and my throat is dry and parched. But such inconsequential things like bodily sensations do not bother me. This is the worst form of torture.
I turn over, eyes half open and sore from so much crying. I glimpse the clock by my bedside; 3:26 am. Dimly, I remember seeing the same time previously. Was it a day ago...?
"I wonder if anyone will come find me," I think, staring at the ceiling above me. The white paint is chipping, and faint cracks run along the surface; I've studied every single one, the image engraved into my head.
I want to move.
Exhaustion runs through me, making my body heavy and weak. My head is screaming, so many thoughts I don't want. My phone is on the floor, screen cracked and battery at 0%; laundry litters my room, crowding every empty surface. Empty cups and dirty dishes lay scattered around the room from when I still tried to eat. I don't anymore.
No lights are on; the room is dim and oppressive. I don't need to see. My surroundings are etched into my head.
How many days has it been? More than one, I think. Definitely more than one. How many? Two? Three? ...Has a week passed already?
Like my breaths, I count the hours that blend into days. Every second feels like a punch to my gut. Another day of wasting my time. Another day of not being able to get out of bed.
Last edited by basil! on Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me