⋆ ⋆ ⋆ 𝑴𝑨𝑵 𝑶𝑭 𝑴𝑨𝑵𝒀 𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑲𝑺──── !! ′ )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

please, stay awhile . make yourself comfortable .

the couch with the overstuffed throw pillows, and the faux fur blanket .
13%
a well loved rocking chair in the corner, intricate etchings on the backrest .
10%
the bundle of pillows next to the fireplace, the scent of cinnamon wavering through the air .
30%
the arm chair meant for a lord, a weighted blanket on the armrest .
10%
a loft next to the window, the scene of snow falling behind the glass .
27%
the cushion filled loveseat, with a hot chocolate sitting next to it .
10%

Total votes : 30

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ 第十六: 头发──── !! ′ )

Postby breezey   » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:07 pm

based on a true story .
    xxxxxsometimes, when i'm not focusing, all the faces i see blur into one. her face is weathered, ages and ages of knowledge in one soul. she smiles at me, skin creased gently as she puts on a baby pink beanie on her bare face before disappearing, like she was never there at all. and then, i'm back to the present.
    xxxxxup until i was eighteen, i helped my mother out in her barbershop. the shop itself was modest at best, and we lived above the shop. it started with simple jobs like handing her shears, spraying the customer's hair, and helping her swivel the chair around so the customer could see their cut from different angles.
    xxxxxby the time i was ten, i could wash a customer's hair and then give them a colour and cut. i was popular amongst my friends for being able to help them dye their hair.
    xxxxxover time, my mother's hands grew weary and wrinkled, her hands shaking as she cut long strips of hair. i would watch in agony from behind another person's head, unsure of how to help my mother anymore. she seemed to be unsure of some cuts (though they always looked beautiful) and needed breaks from her work often.
    xxxxxthere was nothing stopping time from spinning on its eternal top with my mother. her hair once black and bold, faded into silver strands mixed with shades of grey. she never bothered to dye her hair to its natural hue, so neither do i. i felt helpless around my mother, watching her man the entire barbershop with little to no help sometimes. she would wake up at six to set up, and rest at nine, after the shop closed, and the majority of us kids were asleep in the shophouse.
    xxxxxno one stopped her— no one could stop her. my siblings and i could only watch this lady we called "mama" slip further and further away from herself, until we were no longer sure who we spoke to daily. this robust woman i loved became silent, angry, unsure of who she was, as well.
    xxxxxwe'd wake up in the morning hearing clanging pots and pans, an angered woman telling us delusional thoughts, but we could only watch as the oldest of us— deimos would scramble to her, and we'd wait as he calmed her down. my own mother, growing brittle and crazed. as i grew up, i felt scared of this woman. she had adopted me at two, but i still felt as if i never knew who she truly was.
    xxxxxsome days when it was raining and unfit for business, we would all sit by the front of the barbershop where there was a floor-to-ceiling window. we'd watch raindrops fall from the sky and onto the glass, until there were no raindrops left to watch. the boys would bet tips from ostentatious ladies to see which would fall fastest sometimes, but i thought they were nature's blessings, and not to be thought of as money grabbers. some fell faster than others, some trickled down slowly before meeting other droplets before racing down to the bottom of the sill as if it had not struggled against gravity seconds before.
    xxxxxsometimes the customers would notice her behaviour too. the fuzzy-brained thoughts and the forgetfulness of everything, sometimes it was the muttering that threw them off. did they feel safe with her hands holding their hair? i still ask myself that sometimes. they would ask her if she was alright, or if she needed a break. they'd look towards me, a silent question that would remain unanswered, for i, did not know myself. i now realise, she needed a break, or perhaps twenty-five of them.
    xxxxxi was twelve when it happened, twelve when my life changed.
    xxxxxthe woman in black had hair whiter than my mother's, a smile more pressed out than my mother's. she had hands like my mother's, but her's were more worn out, more shaken than my mother's. she did not book an appointment, and she came as she was.
    xxxxxi felt as if i was looking into a mirror when i saw this woman's face, as if she knew what i meant when i had said moments before she entered that i "wanted new hair." (i must admit, i, myself, do not know what i meant when i'd said it, but my hair is now bright orange.) her eyes bore into mine as i asked her what style of haircut she wanted.
    xxxxxshe laughed at me, her eyes crinkled into her skin. "i do not have much hair anymore, little one, it would be much easier if you would take a razor and cut it all off. maybe then, i shall be free."
    xxxxxi nodded slowly, not understanding her words, but willing to comply nonetheless. "i want you, little one, to cut my hair off. all of it."
    xxxxxshe sat down on the black leather seat, eyes softly gazing into the mirror. "this is the last time that i will see myself with hair on top of my head." she murmured in a thick accent, turning her head as she admired herself. her frail appearance seemed to sag a little, realising that she was never to be the same again. i stood behind her, watching as the lady's gaunt face turn determined. "my dear, you may start cutting."
    xxxxxthe razor in my hand suddenly felt pounds too heavy for me to hold like a weight in my hand. there were a thousand things on my mind, but "i'm sorry for what i'm about to do to your hair," were the words i chose to speak.
    xxxxxher hair fell like clouds onto the floor, wisps of goldish silver. the woman sat in silence, watching me with her brown eyes. her eyes seemed to know the serenity of life, not the evils or wrongdoings. it felt wrong to cut off her hair, these locks of permanence, something that made her human.
    xxxxx"i'm sorry," i whispered again, the buzz of the razor carrying my words with me. she hummed content, but i didn't know why she was so content while i cut off the hairs off her head.
    xxxxxtime seemed to slow as i shaved her head to the bone. she was not a chatty customer, she stared and stared at her head, her face vacant and without emotion. i felt insecure, unsure of who i was in the moment as i took away her hair. was i just another face she'd see? who was i to her? who truly am i at all?
    xxxxxmy hands trembled as i applied oil to her head, watching as she looked at her head. "thank you, my dear. you've done a wonderful job today." she patted my hand, brittle bone stretched.
    xxxxxshe paid the normal amount, a generous tip to me. what would i spend it on? candy? it all seemed so irrelevant now. the lady smiled at me, her once haggard face now alive again.
    xxxxxshe turned to me, a pink beanie in her hand. "you've still much to see. do not waste your time, little one. make haste." she said, a small beam on her face as she turned around with the beanie on her head, seemingly freer than before. i stood still, puzzled by her words. did she mean that i was missing out, by spending my hours in the small barbershop? did she mean that i'd turn out to be like her mother?
    xxxxxthat night, i dreamt of the lady in black. her pink beanie knit tight on her head as she sat on the porch of a house, eyes closed with a smile on her lips. she rocked back and forth, the breeze in the wind whispering through the air. she looked so peaceful. all of a sudden, the woman started morphing into the familiar figure of my mother, a melancholy feeling running through my bones.
    xxxxxi grew up from then, now understanding the woman better. my mother grew up from then too, and she died, six years after from alzheimers. i miss her soul dearly, but change is inevitable. do not waste time mindlessly. make haste and learn from the past.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ 幕间休息 ──── !! ′ )

Postby breezey   » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:25 pm

you drink sparkling water out of shot glasses
    spout tears of false joy and from beneath a mask

relish the sun from behind glass and wood
    say you enjoy the rain but you wear rubber boots
    and an umbrella lies over your dry head

yet the blood you take is straight from the heart
    warm and still flowing (crush it right in your hand)
Last edited by breezey   on Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ 黄色 ──── !! ′ )

Postby breezey   » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:31 pm

and yet i cannot remember why.
Last edited by breezey   on Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:32 pm

A NEW ERA A NEW ERA A NEW ERA GOOD THINGS ARE COMING GOOD THINGS ARE COMING COMING THEY'VE COME AND YOU'VE NOT RECEIVED IT OPEN YOUR PALMS
but what does it mean when the king has fallen what does it mean when your head is gone what does it mean when the lights are gone and the oiled flame has been burned to nothings what does it do to you when we are gone and you are still blathering the words of a dead man do you like it when i lie to your face with the pretty floral things that make you feel good but you know not their meaning
i suppose this is the end i suppose you are the root of it all but you must let go now you must let go you must let go you MUST LET GO
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:02 pm

they sit there, knowing this world is endless. in fact, all of the people sitting know that this world is not endless. it shall not stop, for time is crueler than humankind. it drags on, unbiased to sorrows and joy.

but one may forget that even the endless is escapable— one may even suggest that it is inevitably escapable, for it is only human nature to do so. what is that word again? it sits on the roof of my mouth, but yet i cannot remember the name... ah... right...

desire.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:00 pm

BEND DOWN TO ME
    I SWEAR TO GOD
    ONE DAY:
    I WILL MAKE YOU FOLD YOUR CARDS
    YOU WILL FOOLISHLY PLAY INTO MY GAMBIT

NO MORE OF THIS WISHY-WASHY DEFENCES
    THAT YOU PUT UP TO GET PEOPLE TO RUN AWAY FROM YOU
    SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO PRETEND
    LIKE YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU
    LIKE YOUR INSECURITIES WON'T DEVOUR YOU WHOLE

AS IF IT IS NOT JUST A FUTLIE ENDEAVOUR, ANYWAY.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:20 pm

ITS BEEN THE SAME DAY FIVE TIMES OVER SEVEN IN FACT MAYBE MY WHOLE LIFE
    I LIVE THIS SAME DAY OF HATE AND POWER AND GREED
    I HAVE NOT CHANGED.... I NEED A CHANGE i LOVE I SING I CRY I WANT SO MUCH BUT ACCOMPLISH SO LITTLE
    WHAT IF THIS IS THE END.......................
      but i am so thirsty, i whisper, my voice so crooked and fragmented, words falling off a shelf.
      it's okay, you need time, the voice in my mind says, picking the letters off from the floor, stroking my hair, head in its lap.
      i don't understand why, but its voice sounds so disconnected, like a father working while his child speaks of a fantasy.
      but— maybe— i am a child. i still have the foolish thoughts of playing with cars and dissecting the insects in my palm, watching them squirm and cry for help, perhaps like i am.
      just some water, please, i promise, i will be so quiet and— my voice musters, i cannot even speak anymore and it hurts, from the needle in the base of my head to the torn off nails in my foot, still bleeding. i don't understand. what is this feeling?
      am i destined to dry out in this state of self-hatred and worthlessness?
      please... i only wanted a sip... is this feeling chaining me down going to last forever? is there a hand to pull me out of this dried out well, to make me feel worth?

it's character building.

i have high expectations i have high confidence in you i believe you can do it whatever it is you wish to do no matter how evil how heinous of a crime it is i believe it might be possible you can do it you must reach higher you must do it you must be compelled you must be willing to risk it all are you ready to risk it all are you ready are you are areyoureadyareyoureadyareyoure
      this is the last drop: this is your exigence. this is it.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:56 pm

in the cove i lay sound asleep, the lambs surround my listless body, fretting as my eyes dart underneath skin.
    as i awake, the dawn is bright, water washes over me once more, and i breathe.
    water flows in and over my toes, my legs and my chest and the cold takes over once more- i wait for the day:

the seaweed will remain dry
    the sand will stick to skin
    and the salt in my mouth will leave

yet the water is flooding through me, pumping through my throat and my stomach, bubbling in my chest.
    my lambs are wet now, frigid are their pelts and their ears once soft. the light from the sea is too far to warm their wools.
    my body is a temple, marble bones and glassy eyes. my body is a temple, and yet i cannot escape-

the pebbles that fall as sea sulfur hits stone
    shipwood splintering into shattering glass

and i am taken once more,
    down we go into the wave
    taken by your hands in my-
    while you smile against skin
    and i lie asleep.

and we wake once more, the sea sticking to my body, seaweed in my hair and the lambs are gone, and i am alone in the cove fearing you the most.
Last edited by breezey   on Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:48 pm

purple grape hyacinths, a small sorrow to pay for your sins!
    we watch your indigo words, envy dripping every syllable-

greed and jealousy, anger and hurt, bundled under your biting defence
    maws drooling with acid spit, you deserved it.

and soon the vines will twine you down,
    the green on your hands already sprouting,

i'll sit here upon branches and watch your pitiful body writhe
    as the roots in your throat wrap around you like a boa constrictor.

perhaps as the sun sets, you will turn blue beneath it all,
    and the beauty of nature shall swallow you whole.

out from your mouth and into the earth's jaws again, and the world shall turn rounder once more.
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me