ballad of a serene soul ● writing dump

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

ballad of a serene soul ● writing dump

Postby sweet serenity » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:01 am

google docs is nice, but i would love to share my artistic abilities as a writer with a welcoming community instead of hoarding all of my unfinished drafts in unnamed files. i have various wip worlds that i would love to finally elaborate upon, poetry that is hiding in the back of my notebooks, 438925738257 headcannons abt characters from just as many fandoms, and an album full of instrumentals that i've been procrastinating about writing lyrics for!! for the sake of cleanliness, please do not post! feedback is always appreciated, but i would prefer it to be sent in a pm c:. ( im also extremely sensitive, since my style is an obvious wip. pls be gentle)
Last edited by sweet serenity on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello! i'm serenity, and i am a genderfluid teen
who spends my days playing various instruments,
doodling my ocs, and thinking about mcyts.

i don't actively seek out trades as much
as i used to, but i am currently trying to complete
my dog staff litter collection that i've been trying
to finish since i joined this site! i only have '09 & '10 left!

marcelline in a dream onesie what will she do?
toyhouse | quotev | art shop

sweet serenity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet serenity » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:44 am

Every night, for what has seemed like thousands of years, I wander these empty streets blindly, like a ghost seeking its true purpose on this mortal realm. The only guide that I have is the street lamp sitting on the corner, a beacon of light beckoning me forth. The light is eagerly awaiting to bathe me in its loving aura. When I arrive at the base of the street lamp, though, the light burns my entire being instead of making me feel welcome. It feels like every atom in my entire being is being torn apart. Every night, I seem to make the same mistake of letting my heart become broken over and over and over again by none other than you. The worst form of torture is the kind that one inflicts upon their own mind. The kind that has the phrase "unrequited love" written all over it.

Tonight, I return to the same lamp post on the same street corner trapped inside of the same illusion of reality that my mind has created. As I step under the light’s shattering illumination, though, it does not incapacitate my entire being. Instead, an epiphany races through my mind as a comet does across the vast vacuum of space. I no longer have to bear witness to the evils that this world continues to punch me in the gut with. Instead, I will choose to take hold of the reigns of my life and tell you how I truly feel. No longer am I chained to the ground by my own pitiful blindness: I have never seen anything so clearly as I do now. My eyes are no longer clouded, and my wings are no longer clipped.

And with that, I open my eyes, spread my wings, and begin to cry. But these tears are not sorrowful; They are joyful.

I finally have the strength to say goodbye to you, my world.

When I had awoken from the strange and out-of-the-ordinary dream that was aforementioned, the most bittersweet laugh erupted from my throat. I almost choked on the sound: It surprised even myself. For I could never, no matter how selfish it may sound, give up hope on my one true love. No matter how many lifetimes I will have to endure to make you my own, I am willing to lose the battle to win the war.

Wielding this pencil as a knight clad in shining armor does his sword, I write to you an ode to my love. My heart yearns for your touch, though I cannot quite place a finger on the source of these emotions. I feel that if I attempt to repress said feelings any longer, I just might die. Every agonizing day without you, my entire body feels like it will explode into a puddle of sorrow and sadness at any given moment. How my heart could betray me like so, I’m uncertain. Alas, love is what makes this accursed Earth go ‘round. I suppose that on the day that this planet ceases its journey around the brightest star in the sky is when my heart will cease to beat for you.

Last edited by sweet serenity on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweet serenity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet serenity » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:38 pm

ᴛʜᴇ sᴍᴀʟʟ, ғʟɪɢʜᴛʟᴇss ʙɪʀᴅ
sɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ;
sʜᴇ ɪs ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ᴊᴏʏ

ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ ғʟᴏᴡs ʟɪᴋᴇ sᴏ,
ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏ ʀᴇsᴛʀɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ
ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ғʀᴇᴇ

ᴘᴀʟᴇ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟʏ ᴡɪɴɢs
ғʟᴜᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏғᴛ ʙʟᴜᴇ sᴋʏ
ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ
Last edited by sweet serenity on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweet serenity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweet serenity » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:46 pm

small, red ladybug, staring back at me
resting inside this jar, for my eyes to see
i'll feed you bread crumbs every day
and take you to my friends;
we'll show you all the games we play
i will love you 'til the end

pretty little ladybird, why do you seem so sad?
you hardly eat or fly or play... has the world gone mad?
trapped inside this jar, locked away inside,
you don't seem very happy to have all these rules to abide.

i'm sure that you'd be happier if you were free...
but i am just a selfish boy; what else could i be?
ladybug, oh ladybug, you do not move around.
i guess it is time for you to return to the ground.
sweet serenity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me