Box of Tolt’lates entries

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Box of Tolt’lates entries

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:40 am

I will be posting my entry forms for the Valentine Tolts here.
    Please do not post.
    Prompts:
    - How did they feel the first time they realized they were in love?
    - How do they cope with being away from loved ones for extended periods?
    - They've received a thoughtful Valentines Day gift, how do they react?
    - What is their ideal date? Is it just an idea or a past experience?
    - They're in charge of making Valentines Day decorations for something.
    - What is the biggest romantic gesture they have ever done?

Potentially entering for:
    [ #1 ]
    Eye Colour: Pink Petals
    Phenotype: Sooty Psuedo-Perlino Dun Varnish Appaloosa
    Genotype: Ee Ata Crprl Stysty Dd LpLp
    Artist: ♥ soft

[ #2 ]
    Eye Colour: Ice Ice Baby
    Phenotype: Silver Bronzed Pangare Extended Snowcap Appaloosa
    Genotype: Ee aa Zz Pngpng BrzBrz LpLp nPATN1
    Artist: ♥ soft

[ #8 ]
    Eye Colour: Fudge
    Phenotype: Black, Chestnut Chimeric
    Genotype: EE aa + ee AA
    Artist: Half Tree

[ #11 ]
    Eye Colour: Chocolates
    Phenotype: Strawberry Roan Reverse Overo
    Genotype: ee aa Rnrn Oo + reverse
    Artist: sprig

[ #12 ]
    Eye Colour: Fancy Jeans
    Phenotype: Butter'cream' Sabino w/ Gulastra Plume
    Genotype: Ee Aa Crcr Sbsb + GP
    Artist: Half Tree

Box of Tolt’lates
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Entry #1

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:44 am

Entry Horse: #1
    Name: Fire on Water // Absinthe
    Halter: Surprise me
    Prompt: 1019 words
    What is the biggest romantic gesture they have ever done? (Humanised)

Absinthe sighed. Valentine’s Day was right around the corner. He’s so sick of being a single pringle. He was hungry for a change - something different. There was a girl that had caught his fancy - Amaretto but he had absolutely no idea what to do. He believes that the typical flowers and chocolates were far too cliché. The girl he adores is similar to him, always in search for something wild.

The pair instantly got along with their wild personalities. They’d play pranks on each other and any poor soul unfortunate enough to get involved voluntarily or not would be in for a treat. Detention was a second home and boy was the principal sick of seeing their smug faces. Absinthe shut his locker and headed home. Amaretto had detention so she’s being forced to stay back an extra 2 hours. As Absinthe sat on the bus, he scrolled through his phone, googling for gifts and suggestions for Valentine’s. Just then, one video caught his attention. His eyes were locked onto the video tutorial. Hands skilfully worked at cardboard and paper, turning them into a beautiful explosion box. The little box fell apart, revealing pockets to put letters and pictures. Absinthe was in awe. That was it. However, he didn’t just want to make any old explosion box. Absinthe was an ambitious guy who has the capability of going through with his plans. He strongly believes and live by the quote - “If there’s a will, there’s a way.”. He wanted to make an explosion box so big and explosive, it will charm her and traumatise the entire school body. Absinthe immediately got to work making a list of things to buy.

His plan was to create a large explosion box capable of hiding a full grown human inside. Thankfully for him, Absinthe does have somewhat of a talent for art, taking it as one of his subjects in school. He rounded up a few of his buddies and texted them his plan which they happily agreed to help, at the cost of a meal. Absinthe’s wallet was wailing from the lost of cash and he can foresee himself spending more time at his stupid minimum wage job. Regardless, he put that thought in the back burner and started preparing for it. He had a week. Everyday after school, Absinthe and his group of friends could be seen out in the school yard preparing something. Walls of cupboard loomed over. Guys on ladder could be seen around the walls and the ringleader of it all, Absinthe. Amaretto has questioned it but Absinthe would say it was a project. School authorities had questioned and asked him to move it away but Absinthe was able to get away with saying it was an art project. His art teacher was more than happy to see the final outcome so he allowed it.

Days went on and Valentine’s was the next day. The giant box has been the talk of the school, everyone eager to know what it was. Absinthe smirked as he finalised the plans with his friends over the group chat. It would be set in the school’s history. At the crack of dawn, shadows could be seen leaving their houses and making their way to school. The school security had just opened up the school and almost immediately, the figures headed towards the box. One guy got in and the other tossed a bag in for him. The figures continued idling around the box and by the time the first wave of students started pouring in, all activities around the box had vanished. Amaretto got up as usual and prepared to go to school, she wasn’t expecting anything on Valentine’s, just a typical day. She usually arrived at school about 10 minutes before the bell rang. Just as she was about to leave, she got a text from Absinthe.
    “Hey. Are you heading to school now?”
    “Yeah. I was just about to leave.”
    “Nice. Could you meet me at the giant box? I needed to give you a form for you to fill in yesterday”
    “Sure. See you then.”
    With that, she left the house. Amaretto got on the bus and went to school. She could see the vague figure of a giant box as the bus pulled up at the bus stop. She got off and headed towards the box. Yellow tape surrounded the perimeter of it. She stood behind it and texted Absinthe. After a few minutes, she could see some rumbling going on inside. By then, a small crowd had gathered. Just then, the lid of the box was flung open from the inside. The walls of the box fell apart in an explosion of colourful glitter. Almost as if it was staged, the principal had just reached the school and saw the box open up. Gusts of wind started blowing and carried the glitter all around the walls of the school, staining the walls, plants and windows. The principal gawked. As the glitter settled, a lone man stood in the box, covered in glitter as well. He walked up towards Amaretto, four badly dressed Cupids trying to harmonise and sing a song that was barely distinguishable.
    “Amaretto, would you be the Valentine and possibly the girlfriend to this glittery mess?”
    Her face immediately lit up and laughed, nodding her head.

Absinthe let out a sigh of relief as he presented her a regular-sized explosion box. The four cupids started releasing party poppers as everyone cheered and clapped. She lifted the explosion box and inside were little letters and photos of them, in the middle of it, a simple but beautiful bracelet shone. As the crowd slowly died and the pair walked hand-in-hand back to school, the principal could only continue to gawk. The mess they created would be hell to clean and even then, he’s not sure if it would be completely ridden of glitter. The art teacher, who was silently watching from a distance let out a sigh and pat the principal on his back.
    “What a chaotic but good start to the day.”

DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Entry #2

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 am

Entry Horse: #2
    Name: Prince of the Playground // Vodka
    Prompt: 1064 words
    How did they feel the first time they realized they were in love? (Humanised)

Vodka had never been the type to develop actual feelings. He’s had many relationships in the past but none would last more than half a year. Vodka just loves to play with people and their feelings. Of course, it isn’t hard to say that his moral compass is screwed up but he just can’t help it. He finds it interesting to see all the various reactions his lovers would react when he’s toying with them. He isn’t physically abusive but he has an extensive and colourful vocabulary which can be just as horrid. Some say it’s unfortunate that he’s blessed with a beautiful face but a rotten heart.

It was a normal Saturday morning for Vodka. He got up, dizzy and in pain, still hungover after a night at the club. He looked around his bedroom, clothes, food boxes, cups and bottles littered across his floor. He sighed. Vodka washed up, wore something that looked and smelled decent and left the house. He was headed towards the café just down the street. The bell chimes as he entered the little place. He glanced around and found his usual seat at the bar.
    “The usual?” A lady called out.
    “I’m hungover, sweetheart. Could I have something else?”
    “Latte?” She suggested.
    He just nodded and plopped onto the table. Soon after, his coffee was served; latte. Vodka knew that he couldn’t take his usual espresso as it has proven to agonise his headache further. He took a long sip as he glanced around the shop. He knows all the staff and regulars that visited the café. The door to the kitchen opened and out came someone he was foreign to. A burly man with a bun came out, carrying 4 dishes of pie slices in his hands. He served them swiftly and quickly got back to taking orders at the cash register. Panic and nervousness was very present in his eyes and movements.
    Newbie but hot.

Vodka continued taking long sips and scrolled through the news on his phone. It wasn’t long before the door of the café slammed open with so much force, the bell nearly fell off. Vodka choked and turned around, the noise caught the attention of nearly everyone inside. A young lady with long wavy pigtails and thigh-high boots marched in. She stormed up towards the bar where the burly man was and started berating him. Vodka loves drama, any sort would get him excited. He loves it even more if it’s happening in his presence. However, the poor man was still trying to recover from his headache and the shrill noise of the lady was making his ears bleed. He glanced over to see the man with a cheery smile on his face trying to ease the young lady. Fatigue was starting to show on his face as he endlessly tried to comfort the young lady. With so much going on, it was very clear that they’re a couple and that she was very upset that he had forgotten to meet her at said timing. Vodka was at his limit, a quick glance around the café also showed that he wasn’t the only one. Someone had to do something and he was more than happy to volunteer. He slammed his hand onto the table and glared at the lady.

“Listen pigtails, if you wanna continue being a parrot, do it outside. Stop making a fuss and get out.”
    Silence filled the room, the burly man and young lady stared at him in shock. However, a small smile could be seen on the man’s face. The young lady got even more livid and started verbally attacking Vodka. However, Vodka had a generous amount of colourful phrases and he was more than happy to put them on display. After a couple of minutes, she ran off crying.
    “I wasn’t even vulgar. I was stating the truth.” He called out, muttering something under his breath before continue sipping his now cold latte.

The café went on as usual after the fuss. The burly man came up to Vodka and thanked him. Vodka felt his ears get hot but muttered a “You’re welcome.”. The man introduced himself as Calcifer and Vodka introduced himself.
    “Drink’s on me.”
    Vodka perked up when he heard it and happily welcomed the gesture. They continued talking a bit and found that they had quite a bit in common. They share similar interests but Calcifer was clearly a very cheerful and optimistic ray of sunlight. The more they talked, the weirder Vodka started to get. He’s dated many in the past, both men and women and has a wide social circle but there’s a strange feeling when he interacts with this particular human. He eventually excused himself and headed home.

This interaction continued every single day whenever Vodka visited the café. He found himself slowly and unconsciously opening up himself. Usually, it takes 4 shots of alcohol to even get him to remotely open up about his life. There was an odd ticklish warmth whenever they interacted and he found himself getting excited to go to the café. It was an annoying and fuzzy feeling. Regardless, Vodka made his way into the café. Calcifer greeted him and served him an espresso. They continued talking and the topic started to head into relationships. Calcifer was aware of Vodka’s take on relationships but he didn’t mind. He just felt that he had no right to say and it was his life to lead.
    “So are you seeing anyone now?” Calcifer asked from behind the coffee machine.
    “No.” Vodka said, hiding a very red blush. “Are you?”
    Calcifer explained that he wasn’t and that he had broken up with the young lady that night.
    “W-Wanna hang out tonight?” Vodka asked, words coming out unconsciously.
    His brain screamed.
    “Sure.” Came a cheerful reply.
    “I’ll see you here at 8pm then.” Vodka said as he chugged his espresso and left.
    Oh no. What are these feelings. What am I doing.

They met that evening and spent dinner together before walking around. Calcifer was extremely affectionate and it made Vodka even more warm and fuzzy on the inside. The latter didn’t know how to comprehend his feelings. Eventually, after a few months, and actually going to doctors and hospitals, he told it to Calcifer and the burly man just laughed.

“I guess I love you too, Vodka.”

...ohhhhh

DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Entry #11

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Entry Horse: #11
    Name: Song of the Siren // Belvedere
    Prompt: 1052 words
    How do they cope with being away from loved ones for extended periods? (Humanised)

Belvedere furrowed her eyebrows and let out an aggravated sigh as she looked at the calendar on her phone. Her beloved boyfriend had just enlisted for his mandatory national service. It would be two weeks before she could even see him again. National service is 2 years. New recruits had to go through a mandatory basic military training in the first 3 months. The first 2 weeks would be away from home. Afterwards, they could return back home on the weekends. She sighed once more. Belvedere has never been away from her boyfriend for so long before. This is the longest they’ll be apart from each other.

She laid in bed, tossing her phone aside and stared blankly at the ceiling. 14 days. The clock in her room ticked. Time was moving awfully slow. She was still going through the heartache of sending her boyfriend off to camp a couple hours earlier. Just as Belvedere was about to drift off into a nap, her phone rang.
    “Hey Bel. Let’s hang out!” A bubbly voice rang from the other end of the call.

Belvedere was hesitant about it but her friend knew exactly what she was going through and insisted to meet. She slowly got ready and headed to the café. Her friend was already there, eagerly waiting.
    “Bel!” An excited voice came from the corner of the café.
    Belvedere winced at the sight of her over-excited friend but greeted her anyway. They got a drink each and started chatting. The two rambled on about life for hours and truthfully, it helped to get her boyfriend off her mind. As they parted ways in the late afternoon, Bel headed home and plopped herself back onto bed, reflecting on what her friend had suggested. Amongst the endless rants about life and studies, her friend had included some suggestions on what to do. Belvedere was already done with school, results and graduation were 3 months away so she had a lot of empty time. A part time job would be extremely ideal. She started searching the web for any part time job available. Sure enough, a long list popped up. She scrolled through the endless list.

Admin. Retail. Admin. Admin. Waitress. More admin.

Belvedere sighed. She was about to give up until one caught her attention. Part time job at the local shelter. She immediately called and sent in her resume. Two days later, she was accepted. Her heart swelled. She arrived the the shelter and got dressed into the uniform. Her first job was to do behavioural assessments on some of the dogs. Her colleague taught her what to do and she spent the next few hours assessing the dogs. Next, she had to clean out the cages of the dogs. While doing so, she received a lot of love and appreciation in the form of licks and wagging tail from the dogs. Soon, her first day came to an end. She felt happy and fulfilled. The days started to go by a bit quicker as she went to work everyday. Some days were great while on other days, there were a few dogs who weren’t as cooperative but Belvedere was extremely patient and would sing and stroke the dog in an effort to calm it down. While Belvedere did keep herself busy with work, there were always times where she felt empty and would still think back about what her boyfriend would be doing. They would text occasionally and she would send pictures of the dogs she worked with but those conversations were short-lived as he was either tired or had other things to do. Despite being short, she cherished it and would always look forward to the next time they could speak.

At last, it the day. 2 weeks had gone by and Belvedere could finally see her boyfriend. She waited for him and amongst the sea of men cloaked in green camo uniform, she spotted her boyfriend, bald, tanner and skinner. A smile found its way onto her face as she ran up to embrace him. He was finally able to come out on the weekends. They spent the day together, sharing about what has happened in their lives the past 2 weeks. Belvedere would tell him about the dogs she met and the ones she held closer to her heart while her boyfriend would tell her about all the exercises they went through. Marches, running, shooting practice and more. However, time spent together went by quickly. The weekend had flown by and soon enough, it was time for him to head back into camp. With one last embrace, he headed off as Belvedere waved him goodbye. She wasn’t as sad anymore. She knows they’ll see each other next week and when they do, they would have more things to catch up on.

Eventually, after months, Belvedere graduated and had found a full time job. Since then, she had been working hard while her boyfriend was serving the nation. They had the same routine throughout. On the weekdays, he’d be busy with exercises and activities in camp while Belvedere was working. On the weekdays, they’d meet up and come together to catch each other up on what has occurred in their lives. Of course, there were times when her boyfriend wasn’t able to come out on the weekdays due to duties or punishment but Belvedere wasn’t too upset. They would text and call each other to catch up. It was better than nothing since he couldn’t be there physically. 2 years soon flew by and her boyfriend had finally fulfilled his service to the nation. Through this process, both had grown stronger and better. Belvedere has grown to be more independent and wiser. Now whenever Belvedere looks back or reflects back when her boyfriend had enlisted, she would let out a chuckle. She felt proud of the growth she had went through. From someone who couldn’t really go 2 weeks without seeing her boyfriend without crying at least 4 times to someone who was more than capable of going 2 weeks without batting an eye. Sure enough, distance does make the heart grow stronger.

DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me