[VoK] The Grassland Pride Prompt Storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[VoK] The Grassland Pride Prompt Storage

Postby TheLostLioness » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:58 pm

The purpose of this thread is to store all of my responses to the VoK prompts.

I ask that no one post on this thread.
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A1 - 100 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Create a map of your pride’s territory. You may draw one, use a website/builder, describe one, or code/collage one together.

Last edited by TheLostLioness on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A30 - 100 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:29 pm

How are romantic relationships regarded in your pride? Are mateships permanent, do they have their own form of ‘marriage’, or just temporary flings?

Marriage within The Grassland Pride is generally only observed within the royal family. This is done to preserve the royal bloodline.
The heir is free to choose their consort and will "date" to find the right fit for them. However, once a marriage takes place, the heir and their chosen are only allowed to breed together. The marriage is generally a huge event for the pride, as it secures the future or the pride.

The rest of the pride is allowed to breed freely with who they choose and can move on from a relationship whenever they choose. However, occasionally a pair will bond enough that they wish to be bound to one another. They are free to request a marriage and normally the request will be granted. A small ceremony is held, so all other lions within the pride know that they are not to proposition the couple.

Sometimes the request is denied. This is rare, and the reasons vary. The typical reason for a marriage to be denied is that the pair has not been together long enough to warrant a marriage.

184 Words
Last edited by TheLostLioness on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A2 - 150 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:54 pm

Explain where your pride calls home/rests within their territory.

It is well established that the land The Grassland Pride calls its territory is essentially a grassy valley situated within a crescent shaped mountain range that a river runs down the center of. However, it is to the very north of their territory that the pride resides.

The land that The Grassland Pride calls its "Homeland" is situated within a cove of sorts in the curve of the mountain range. This land is almost fully enclosed by a tall mountainous barrier with a wide river running through the very center.

The rocky border that cradles The Grassland Pride's Homeland also offers a series of caves and tunnels that serve well as dens for the pride. The many rocky outcrops work well as a pedestal for the King or Queen to deliver speeches; or for a guard to see for miles in order to protect the pride.

Kiburi chose this portion of his territory to settle as a main base of operations due to the defensive advantage the cove presents. The entrance to the Homeland is very narrow with tall walls, which in a time of crisis, would allow a small force an easy opportunity to completely repel an invading force.

Regretfully, there are also some disadvantages to this settlement. It is not uncommon for the river to swell and flood during the wet season. With the dens at ground level and the walls too sheer to scale, it leaves the pride very little chance to escape.

246 Words
Last edited by TheLostLioness on Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A5 - 50 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Where did your pride’s name come from?

The Grassland Pride received its name from the land they live. While there are a few trees dotting the land and a river that cuts through the very center and empties out into a swamp towards the south; the valley that the pride calls home is primarily covered only in thick green grass.

While other prides may be named for their gods or for some virtue the pride favors; the lions that made up the Grassland Pride liked the simplicity of origin of the name. However, "The Grassland Pride" can be quite the mouth full at times. So, the pride tends to just call themselves "Grasslanders."

106 Words
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D5 - 100 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Draw art of any member of your pride, must be drawn by you and be at least flat colored.

Base EXP - 25
Fullbody EXP - 50
Shading EXP - 25
Total: 100 EXP
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

C5 - 150 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:42 am

What are the ranks within your pride?

[ King / Queen ]
The King or Queen is the formal title for the monarch of The Grassland Pride.
It is the obligation of the King/Queen to oversee the welfare of the pride and ensuring a bright future for the pride upon their passing.
The King/Queen is always the first born child of the previous King/Queen; gender does not matter.

[ Consort ]
The Consort is simply the mate of the King/Queen.
The Consort assists their mate in making decisions for the best of the pride and assists in producing an heir.
The Consort is appointed upon marriage. They will keep their title until their mate passes away.

[ Heirs ]
The Heirs are the children of the King/Queen and their Consort.
It is the task of the Heirs to follow in the pawsteps of their parents, as one day they themselves will be King/Queen.
The Pride usually has two heirs, observing the tradition of "the heir and the spare." However, it is only the first born that will ascend to the thrown.

-

[ Shaman ]
The knowledge-keeper of the pride. It is the task of the Shaman to preserve the pride's history, and pass it on to later generations.
The Shaman is also an advisor for the King/Queen and helps guide them into making wise decisions.
It is normal that the second-born Heir becomes the Shaman. However, it is not unheard of for another lion to become Shaman.

[ Majordomo ]
The Majordomo is the steward of the King/Queen.
It is the responsibility of the Majordomo to report on activity within the territory and run messages to and from the King/Queen.
Normally, there is at least two Majordomos within the pride and at least one will be by the King/Queen's side at all times.

-

[ Hunters ]
Who the Hunters are is very simple. Any lion who shows promise in tracking and felling prey is a hunter.
The Hunters work together to fell prey in order to feed the pride.
Hunters generally join together into a team of five to eight lions during a hunt. Hunting duties are rotated so no lion is too exhausted to hunt.

[ Sentinels ]
The Sentinels are lions who guard the entrance to The Grassland Pride's Homeland.
The Sentinels sit atop the protective rock walls and gaze out upon the land, scanning for any trace of danger.
The task is generally regarded as boring, but the task is very important to the safety of the pride.

[ Guards ]
Guards are lions who regularly patrol the borders and chase away intruders.
It is the Guards that do the majority of the fighting to protect the pride.

437 Words
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A3 - 150 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 pm

What does your pride value above all else?

The Grasslanders have many values throughout the pride. They are a pride with a strong moral code and belief in authority. However, it is the Pride's dedication to protecting those that call themselves "Grasslanders." This value is greatly evident in the placement of the Pride's Homeland. Surrounded by strong walls, the territory watched by overseers, and patrolled daily by the pride's strongest.
There is simply noting more important to these lions than the peace of mind that comes from living protected, peaceful lives. The Grasslanders simply want to raise their cubs in the best environment possible with the best future possible, and to do that requires safe harbors.

This does leave some of the younger generation feeling restless. With little true adventure to be found within the peaceful grasslands, these young lions will often venture outside of the territory. This does compromise the sanctity of the pride, as those who leave and then return can bring back danger with them; or cause a problem that results in animosity between the Grasslanders and their neighbors.
The pride will punish those who cause trouble for the pride, but it is rarely harsh. A stern talking-too and a suppression of freedom for a short time generally do the trick. However, if a troublemaker persists, it could result in exile.

216 Words
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A4 - 150 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:36 am

What allegiances does your pride have?

In order for The Grassland Pride to keep their lands as safe as they would like them to be, the pride has made a few alliances with the other predators and even prey within their territory. Here is a list of the current alliances the Grasslanders have with other creatures that share the territory.

Towards the southwest lives a female leopard who every year or so will raise a litter or so. In order to avoid an angry mother leopard, the pride avoids hunting in that section of the territory until the cubs grow up and move on. The Guards do still patrol this portion of land, and the leopard does appreciate the assistance in keeping the land safe as she raises her cubs.

Alliance might not quite be the best title, perhaps "understanding" would be better. To the south east, the land becomes marshland and the many river branches are home to crocodiles. In order to not be eaten by a crocodile, the Grasslanders do not patrol this portion of territory too thoroughly. It is the crocodiles themselves that keep strangers from entering from corner of the Grasslander's territory.

The lions of the grasslands understand that in order to live they must eat. In order to have prey for which to eat, they must not over hunt. And thus, to all the prey animals in the territory, the Grasslanders are not to hunt children and their mother or expectant mothers.

241 Words
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D12 - 150 EXP

Postby TheLostLioness » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:14 pm

Make gift lines for the community.