ʟɨȶȶʟɛ աʀɨȶɨռɢֆ ʄʀօʍ ɮɛʏօռɖ ȶɦɛ ɢʀǟʋɛ

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Help

Postby Rae'tia » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:40 pm

indentationThe rain blurred her sight, or maybe it was the tears running down her face. Either way, it did nothing to block out the sight of another beam of light taking another piece of her family. A wounded sound left her as she fell to her knees. Her thin fingers dug into the mud beneath her, as she wordlessly screamed out her furry and sorrow. Why? Why had this happened? Why did these creatures take her family? Raelynn didn't know much about the world outside the Amazon jungle, but she knew that maybe the creation that Leo called a TeeVee might be able to tell her something. But she was miles away from what her family called civilization. It would take days of walking to get to where she needed.

indentationBreathing in harshly the flame-haired woman struggled to get herself to stand, still sobbing and knees wobbling. Storm-cloud grey eyes flickered about the area, her body trembled as she spotted a canoe that her brothers and sisters had used to get to the edges of the jungle. Moaning softly as she stumbled forward, the hope building in her chest only to be crushed seconds later when she found it to be in disrepair. She knew there would be no other choice, only a snake could go through these waters uncontested. Her flame-colored tail lashed with thought. Only one snake can go uncontested. Letting her body relax Raelynn allowed the change to overtake her body, as bones and muscles snapped and tore. It wasn't a painless experience, but with decades of experience and already overloaded with emotional pain, she didn't feel much of anything.

indentationOpening her eyes once more, this time at a much lower place, the woman-turned-snake slithered towards the water. The rain continued to fall onto her scales, which her family had once told her looked like the starry night sky. The cool waters of one of the many amazon rivers did nothing for her temper, it only made her miss her family more. The warmth of her family hugs, the kindness of their smiles, and the joy in their laughter. It was all gone now. The raids had happened weekly, and those monsters had taken the heart of their family first. Raelynn remembered the first time they had discovered the body of the littlest of her brothers. He'd only been a few years old, only just beginning to speak, even if it was just nonsense.

indentationHis skin had been pale and cold like ice, death had already had his soul for a great deal of time. It had looked like decades had passed, his once youthful features wrinkled with old age, yet he still was the same size he'd been when he'd been taken. Raelynn had not been included in the meeting that the elders held, but she had not been expected to. No matter how long she'd lived in these lands, she was still an outsider. They were human and she... She was something else. That had not mattered to her little family though. She had been raised with Leo's grandmother and helped raised Leo's father. By all rights, Raelynn was Leo's great aunt. Leo who was now dead, a husk of his former self. Her body shuddered as she remembered the terror of his face when he was taken. And the look that would be forever etched onto his face when those thugs dropped his corpse down on the ground.

indentationLynn had not taken his death well and retreated into her snake form before diving into the river. She'd returned just a month later to find only two of the elders remained. They had tried to banish her, to tell her to leave and take her evil with her. She had not understood. But she had not left, even with their harsh words, and raised voices. Raelynn had remained and taken care of the two until those deathless abominations had taken them as well. At the edge of the river bend, Raelynn paused, before making her way up a tree near the water's edge and slithering her way up. Fire. The red, orange, and yellow flames leaped up everywhere. A farm in the distance was up in flames, and the scent of burnt flesh made her gag even in this form. Unable to handle the stench, Raelynn abruptly shifted back into her base form. Causing her to fall from her perch and land roughly on the riverbank. Slick mud dirtying her now naked body.

indentationThe hard ground made her bones, ache, and part of her just wanted to lie there. But she had to push on. Shivering as she got to her feet, the wild-haired woman took a few moments to breathe before setting off towards the blaze, hoping that she'd be able to find a road. The sound of her footfalls against the earth reverberated in her ears. Her body trembling with terror, excitement, and a whole jumble of emotions that she could not name. Passing the burning farm, and the charred corpses - human and animal alike. Raelynn's lips twitched upwards as her success became clear to her. Though they quickly downturned once more. She still had a long way to go, many miles to travel, and many struggles ahead. But she would make it. She had to. If she could find other people, she could find out what happened.

indentationAnd maybe. Just maybe she could find a new home? A new family? She shook her head and looked up into the night sky. The sky that her scales often reflected. Something trembled in her as a new heat began to surround her. It was not the blaze behind her, nor the heat she generated on her own. In fact, it was safe to say she'd never felt a heat like this before. Before she could question it much, a dazzling white light shimmered in front of her, and in it stood a being. Her chest constricted. A soft and feminine voice spoke in her mind, which strangely reminded her of a wind chime ringing.

indentation"Come child. And your family will be saved."

indentationRaeylnn blinked then nervously glanced around her, before turning back to the strange and bright being. "Me? Voice talk to me?"

indentationThe being nodded, "A chance, to change everything. to save your family. To find more family." The voice spoke once again, making her shiver.

indentation"Not be alone anymore?" Lynn asked softly, eyes wide with hope and wonder much like a small child.

indentation"Yes, Little one. You won't be alone any longer. I promise." The being replied hold out a hand as if offering to shake in greeting.

indentationRaelynn blinked, and for a long moment thought about it hard. She didn't know what she'd find no matter what happened if she took the being's offer or not. But a chance of having a family again was too much to pass up. Without any second thought, Rae leaned forward and clasped her hand in the beings. The light surrounding the being brightened, and in no time blinded her. Then there was just darkness.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Storms

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:16 am

A Storm rages,
Rain splatters and the wind howls.
The Thunder snarls,
lightning flashes and clouds dance.

Nowhere is safe after all,
the storm will always come.
Some say that storms appear out of nowhere,
but I know better.

There are signs,
Signs everywhere.
In the clouds and in the air,
every small breeze.
Every flinch, echo's in my mind.

The calm before the storm,
the silence of peace.
The raging waters and,
the silent screams.

Peace is all we wish for,
but it is not as easy as
one, two, three.
It's so much more.

It's a flap of a butterflies wings,
It's watching monarchs fall after winter.
It's taking three steps forward,
and then taking two steps back.

Every second of the day is a struggle.
Somedays anxiety curdles the milk in your mouth.
Somedays, there is a blanket of nothingness,
when every smile seems fake,
and every laugh is forced.

Good days are common.
But days that are truly good?
Those are few are far between,
those days are precious and never forgotten.

While storms may come,
there is always time to prepare.
So take heed and take shelter,
gather your heart and spirit.

Gather your friends and family,
we are never alone.
Not unless we want to,
and even then, He's there.

Watching, Waiting,
Loving us no matter what happens,
No matter what we do.
He is always there.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Her Grave - Inspired by Karliene's "Unquiet Grave"

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:12 pm

Nothing but silence,
not a croak from a crow,
not a squeak from a mouse.
A woman stands, alone.

A veil of black clouds her face,
face unseen and body stiff.
Clouds gather around darkening the sky,
they release their tears, crying for her soul.

A song spills by from her motionless lips,
dark and dreary her whispered song.
Silent souls weep, calling out for her,
urging her ever forward.

They call her forward,
draw her deeper.
Deeper into the darkness that calls to her.
Singing songs of endless night.

Songs of witches and blood.
But she will never be tempted,
for she will never step into the landing of the living again.

After all, the dead cannot speak.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Warning For A Better Future

Postby Rae'tia » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:15 pm

The cold wind howled, and the frost on his whiskers made him shiver. Hazelhollow didn't know where he was, this frozen wasteland wasn't what he was used to. Shaking off the snow off his back the brown color-point tom trodded forward, blinking blearily against the harsh snow. Where was his clan? Where was his apprentice, Puddlepaw? It hadn't snowed in Riverclan like this for many seasons, he'd been but a kit sense a storm like this had last torn through the clans.

As he finally began to recognize his surroundings, the tom raced forward, hope and excitement flowing off him in waves. Hazelhollow came to an abrupt stop after entering Riverclans camp.

"What?" He rasped with a blink of astonishment. "Hello! Can anyone hear me!?"

There was not a soul in sight. At least not a living soul. The bodies of his dead clan-mates laid on the frozen ground before him. "Oh Starclan, what's happened here?"

Carefully, the tom weaved through the bodies, desperately searching for even one cat that was alive. Not even Troutstar could be awoken, the dark-furred she-cat was curled protectively around the broken bodies of two kits, he'd never seen before. He shuddered, he'd failed, his clan was dead. Forcing tears away the tom turned his gaze to the sky and blinked.

Wait. It was new-leaf, not leaf-fall. His head snapped around, this wasn't right. Something was wrong here, and he needed to figure it out. But before he could investigate further, a soft mewl split the air. Leaping over the bodies of his fallen clan-mates, the tom made his way to its source. The medicine cat den where he and Puddlepaw slept. He slowed and cautiously stepped into the den.
Something was definitely wrong here, his just barely seven moons old apprentice, Puddlepaw laid there. She was much bigger than he'd remembered her, much... older. She was also, very dead. But curled up next to her belly were four kits. He grits his teeth as he prepared for the worse as he nosed the kits. They were all so cold, two were nearly frozen solid, another quickly becoming so. However, the third was still alive, though just barely.

Relief flooded his system, "Thank Starclan," He muttered under his breath before he picked the kit up and placed it down beside him before curling his tail around it.

"Don't thank us."

His head snapped up, claws unsheathed as he readied himself for a fight. There was no need, star's dotted her coat, making it clear the speaker was a Starclan cat. It took a moment, but Hazelhollow soon found himself recognizing the cat. "Puddlepaw, What...?"
The brindled gray she-cat shook her head with a sigh, "War. Between the four clans. I cannot tell you why." She frowned, then turned her gaze to her own body, then to the small kit he had his tail curled around.

"But I can tell you this. Most of this is stoppable. Riverclan does not have to be destroyed, but... It will still fall, if only for a time. " She mewed slowly as if unsure of her own words.

His eyes narrowed," Tell me, what do I need to do."

"Know this Hazelhollow. The Rains have scattered, lost to all but one born of Shadow and Water shall reunite them. Spark the Ember, and grow strong again. That is all I can tell you, Hazelhollow." She mewed sadly, as her form began to fade.

~~~~

He awoke gasping, his heart racing. The tom shot out of his nest, as his head snapped to the one beside him. There lay Puddlepaw, small as ever, kitless and alive. Relief flooded him once more. It had only been a dream, though nightmarish, he told himself. No, not a dream, a warning. A prophecy. His eyes slid shut, as the tom stepped out of the medicine cat den. "What am I to do?" He wondered aloud.

His gaze was drawn to Troutstar's den, the tom sighed and headed over. Though it was the middle of the night, Hazelhollow knew that Troutstar would still be awake. Poking his head into the den, the tom spoke softly, "Troutstar, I need to speak to you for a moment."

The dark gray she-cat had been kneading the moss of her nest while she gazed seriously down at her paws, obviously deep in thought. Her head snapped up as he'd spoken, and her eyes narrowed. Clearing her throat, the she-cat spoke, "Of course, come in Hazelhollow. What is it that you need to speak to me about?"

Tentatively the amber-eyed tom stepped into the den, grimacing. "I've received news from Starclan." He mewed as he sat down a few steps away. "It's unfortunately not good news."

Troutstar frowned concern washing over her face but urged him forward. "Tell me." She ordered her body tense.

"There was a storm, of the likes that I haven't seen since I was a kit, no younger than a moon old." He began, "I wasn't in camp at the time, and it was so bad that I didn't recognize where I was. When I got to camp everyone was..." He trailed off and looked at his paws. "Everyone was dead."

He heard Troutstar breath in sharply, "Continue."

"I checked on everyone, hoping for survivors, but nothing. I'd given up hope once I found you, curled around two kits I didn't know." He mewed starting up again. "That was when a cry pierced through the howling wind. At the source, I found a dead queen and four kits. "

He swallowed roughly, "I'm not sure how the queen died, the kits looked to be about half a moon old, but the queen had been dead for almost as lost. " Hazelhollow shook his head, "two of the kits were frozen solid because of the weather, and a third was well on its way. The fourth, however, was very much alive. A fighter."

Troutstar shivered as if she too was there feeling the cold, though there was a warmth in her chest. One of four kits had survived. Maybe, something good would come of it? "That is when she showed up. The queen, with stars in her fur spoke to me and gave me a warning of war between the clans. "

Hazelhollow paused as he met Troutstar's gaze. "And then she gave me a prophecy, foretelling the end of Riverclan as we know it."
Her eyes widened, and her jaw clenched in a mix of surprise and fury. What would happen to her clan? What would cause the clans to go to war? "What does this prophecy say?" She mewed, eyes narrowing once more.

"The Rain have scattered, lost to all but one born of Shadow and Water shall reunite them. Spark the Ember and grow strong again." He replied, "I'm not sure exactly what it means. Other than the fact one born of Shadow and Water will be our savior."
Troutstar frowned, "Shadow and Water... Sounds like Shadowclan and Riverclan. A cat with Shadowclan and Riverclan blood shall be our savior. That's... both interesting and concerning."

Hazelhollow knew how Troutstar felt about half-clan cats or those of kittypet blood. It was why he'd made the decision to not tell her that the mother of this savior, seemed to be her own sister, Puddlepaw. His apprentice was going to break not one, but two codes and in doing so, save Riverclan. In a roundabout way. He shook his head, "No matter, I don't know who the queen was, so possible that it's far enough in the future that we're both dead by the time this is set in motion."

Troutstar was still frowning, "of course, this is true. Let us hope, that that is true. but keep me updated, Hazelhollow. I want to know who this traitorous queen is."

Hazelhollow nodded, and turned away, stepping out of the den. No way I promise on my life, that you'll be safe Puddlepaw. Troutstar will never find out until it's too late. He promised himself, hoping with all his heart that it was true. Stepping back into the medicine cat den he stared at his apprentice who smiled sleepily up at him as she awoke.

"Good morning, Puddlepaw."

"Good morning, Hazelhollow."

~~~~~

He remembers the look on Puddleheart's face when he tells her that he knows. The fear and heartbreak had been easy to read. Hazelhollow had sent her away, to the barn behind Windclan territory, where an old friend by the name Hail lived. She would be safe there, safe from the war. Hazelhollow also remembers the odd mixture of horror, fear, anger, and forgiveness on Troutstar's face when everyone discovered that Puddleheart had disappeared in the middle of the night.

The understanding the flowed through him as he delivered Troutstar's three kits, who he soon realized was fathered by a tom outside the clan, had made her cringe. The largest of the three a miniature of her father, named Dawnkit and later Dawnpaw, died in the battle that ended Riverclan, her two siblings barely surviving.

"Run, find them. Find the one born of Shadow and Water." He rasped as breathing got harder and harder. The snow is so cold, he thought as he looked at the two apprentices. Blinking once more, he found himself in a field of flowers, met by Troutstar and his parents. They smiled, and the four padded away, conversing as they walked around Starclan's fields.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Silence

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:08 am

Silence fills the room,
Only the footsteps of eight sound.
Small plastic cups holding bread and water,
Soft prayers and an even quieter amen.

Heartfelt words voiced joy
And trembling hope reverberates in the room.
Quiet hopes and silent vows,
Fear and hope war,
But be still, be silent,
And listen.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me