[♡] ~ 'You got me?' 'Always hon' ~ [♡]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[♡] ~ 'You got me?' 'Always hon' ~ [♡]

Postby rainbowwrowell » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:39 pm

ima try find a pic but ill have to wait n see.

Two girls. On the run in Chicago, it's the year 2075 and people with powers are despised. For having powers you could be locked up and experimented on, and used as a pawn in whatever the government chose you were perfectly fit for. Mavis is just after turning ten and she escaped with the help of Carrie. Carrie is nearly 17 and they were both in the isolated facilities area of the labs. Rather than it being one per room though, due to overcrowding of that area, Mavis and Carrie got a room together. Carrie took care of the child eventually they escaped... Where'll they go? What'll happen? Will the duo stay safe or be torn apart?

This is based off a roleplay called 2082. Here's the link; Forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4114057#p125764893
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [♡] ~ 'You got me?' 'Always hon' ~ [♡]

Postby rainbowwrowell » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:05 am

1st November 2075

"Hey M, you doing okay?"

"I think so." The young girl replied as she looked around.

They were walking down a busy street in the middle of the city. Taskforce officers were around and random people were getting stopped and asked a few questions, about inhumans and whether they were helping them. Random questions for no reason, Carrie guessed. She was gripping Mavis' hand and walking on the side of the path nearer the road.

"Excuse me, Ms."

Carrie froze.

"Yes?" Mavis replied, she looked up at the man talking to them. Carrie looked down at the child.

"Mavis shhh, we don't talk to strangers. Remember what Mama said, we have to get home-'' Carrie turned to the man. "-Sorry xir; we can't delay, our Grandma is sick and the nurse thinks she won't make it to 6, and it's already a quarter to five. We really must get going."

Carrie picked Mavis up; because she could see the ten year old was getting tired. Carrie heard the man call them but she just sped up. They turned a few blocks and ended up on the east end of the city. By a library and a tech shop, there was an abandoned shop there and Carrie took note of the location. Mavis had ended up asleep, unaware of the fact they dodged a bullet.

Carrie had brown hair and brown eyes and she was about 5ft 5". Mavis was a small, black haired, brown eyed child and looked like she was Carrie's much younger sister.

"Hmmm… Mavis." Carrie spoke quietly. "Sweetie wake up."

"Ughhhhhhhhh… what Carrie? I'm sleepy." Mavis complained.

"I think I know a few places we can stay. But we'll have to get across the city. That officer saw us 'n' he's probably on to us."

The way Carrie pronounced 'on to' sounded a lot more like 'on tah'.

"Listen, Mavis. We'll go downtown n’ see if there's anywhere people seem to be sticking it out and we'll join them. Maybe there'll be a nice person willing to give us a house, 'kay?"

"Okay Carrie."

Mavis' 'r' sounds were more like 'w' sounds because she struggled with speaking.

"Carrie. I don't wanna go across town. Can we stay here."

Carrie hummed lightly as she thought for a few minutes. "Fine. We're going to stay there."
She pointed at the same abandoned shop and smiled nervously.

"It looks like our best bet right now. Only tonight and maybe tomorrow but not that long."

"Okay!" Mavis spoke up. "What are we gonna do? We only have one blankie and a few dollars. "

"Mavis, one battle at a time. We found shelter. The library has some toilets, we can steal some water bottles, and that charity shop says they give food to the homeless. Can we ask for much more Mavis?"

"What about the cold Carrie? We only have one blanket."

"We'll share Mavis." She smiled down at Mavis as she crossed the street. Mavis looked around as they went towards the shop. Carrie walked around the back as the front door was locked and managed to get into it, and then shut the door.

The windows were boarded up and there was graffiti on the walls. Luckily for them, there was still some of the furniture in there. There were two chairs and after some looking around: a non functional bathroom. There were also some floor mats and a half full bottle of water.

Mavis saw the bottle first and exclaimed,"Carrie there's a bottle of water! Can I have a drink?" Mavis didn't give her time to answer before the bottle was picked up and opened.

"No. Maves, sweetheart, it's old and we don't know who drank from it. They might have been very very ill and we wouldn't have known. " Carrie took the bottle right as Mavis was lifting it to her mouth and poured it down the broken toilet.

"Come 'ere. Let's sit down and chat." Carrie spoke softly to the sulking child.

"No I don't want to talk with you." Mavis turned her head.

"Okay you big baby. Do you wanna sleep?"

Carrie waited a few minutes, before Mavis spoke quietly after turning to face Carrie.

"Can you tell me a story?"

"Of course I can Maves."

"You can sit down with me if you want."

Mavis nodded and walked over. Carrie had set the blanket on the ground and was sitting cross legged on it.

The young girl smiled as she sat down and Carrie wrapped an arm around her.

"There was once this young girl called Ella, and her Papa was one of the richest men in the lands, and her Mama was one of the kindest and sweetest people in the world too. Ella grew up loved and cared for. One day, her Mama passed away after being very very sick for a few months. Ella cried a lot because she missed her Mama and her Papa was very very busy making money to keep up their house, so he had maids and these childminders called 'nannies' mind her. One day, her Papa came home to tell the 16 year old Belle he met a woman and fell deeply in love."

Mavis was listening intently to Carrie's expressive voice as she told the story.

"And they were getting married! He was very happy and he loved both the woman and Ella. But see, Ella would have 2 older siblings. They were mean and cruel but Ella didn't know that yet. Neither did her Papa! Ella got a new Mama, who wasn’t nice either and she was called ‘Lady Tremaine’, and her stepsisters were called Anastasia and Drizella. They weren’t pretty, but Ella was so beautiful, they were all jealous of her."

Mavis eyebrows furrowed. "What does cruel mean?" She asked.

"It means very hurtful and rude. They really hurt people. "

"Like the people in the place we used to be?"

"Exactly Mavis. "

Mavis processed for a second. "Poor Ella." She frowned looking up at Carrie.

"I know. But it gets worse Mavis! They made her do all their chores and jobs, and then they would laugh at her. One day, when Ella was 17, she was cleaning the fireplace and the two evil stepsisters would laugh at her and began calling her ‘Cinderella’ and they were always mean. So was their mother. One day, Cinderella found out about the Ball, which everyone was invited to but her stepmother told her that she wasn't allowed to go to it. And she was very very sad. ‘’

Mavis pouted and spoke up,’’But she should be allowed to go.’’

‘’I know Maves. Ella ran out to the backyard and her fairy godmother appeared. Together they turned a pumpkin into a glorious carriage, four of the mice into horses, and a lizard into a footman. A swan became the driver of the carriage. Then the godmother turned Ella’s simple old dress into a glorious bright pale blue dress with butterflies on the front of it and the godmother also made her these beautiful glass slippers….’’ Carrie looked down and noticed Mavis was dozing off.
But she kept going anyways, because Mavis wanted the story. ‘’So Ella rushed to the party in the carriage after thanking the godmother. The godmother told her to be home before the clock strikes midnight, so 12 o'clock in the nighttime. Ella got there and the prince and her met. They fell in love instantly. And-’’

Mavis let out a quiet little snore and Carrie smiled. ‘’Night Maves.’’ She said quietly and kissed the top of her head.

For the next few minutes, Carrie attempted to fall asleep. Thoughts kept her awake, most of them were fuelled by anxiety. What if Mavis got hurt? What if they got taken? What if they got sick? And similar things like that. Eventually, Carrie passed out holding Mavis. Two girls, two sisters, safe and happy.
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me