Chaosclan Writing Thread

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

109 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:20 am

--Aniseblossom enters the territory, none the wiser to the dismay that has happened. He meets The Dark Crows first, sure that isn't a group he wants to trifle with, leaving them quickly. He tells ChaosClan of what he saw - a broken group that could still pose a threat, but one he's sure ChaosClan can handle - though the true scope is bigger than he thought. In the shadows, Darkfang relays that ChaosClan only knows about a fraction, thinking his old group can still salvage the fight and take down ChaosClan a bit at a time before defeating them for good. Still, the battle isn't easy, but The Dark Crows are defeated, much to Darkfang's anger. He starts plotting a new way to get back at his so-called clan, knowing he'll have to lay low for a bit, and keep training Fleapaw as his underling... Maybe he could get more cats on his side...
    --Blackbirdshriek enters the patrol squad with a bad feeling, trying to tell Mockingbirdstar they should bring more cats. But it's too little too late, and they arrive with eight cats, ready to take down the last of The Dark Crows, no matter the cost. Back at camp, Darkfang instructs Fleapaw to sneak out before the patrol is scheduled, to warn The Dark Crows and give them as much of a chance as possible. The young apprentice isn't caught, which leaves Darkfang smiling as he goes on his own patrol, waiting to see what happens when the others return.
    --Banandance is excited for his first moon as a full healer, almost bouncing with joy at the prospect of bringing in new life into ChaosClan without a watchful eye of his mentor. He spends his days in the nursery, keeping a watchful eye on both Honeycloud and Sheepsong, knowing the clan can't take anymore heartbreak. He vows to do whatever he can to keep the mothers and the newborn kits safe, for the whole clan's sake.
    --Charstar is elated at Ivyshine's news of new kits, though a little snag in the back of his mind wonders if it's a good idea to bring more kits into the clan when there are still Dark Crows out there. He tries his best to shake the feeling away, but Ivyshine can sense her mate is distant and distracted. They share a long talk about the future, gathering Chicoryseed next to them and keeping her close. Nothing could replace the family they'd lost, and they each vowed to keep each other safe and close and to do whatever it took to keep their new family members safe.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

110 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:31 am

--The new kits are welcomed by all, many visitors coming into the nursery after the loss of the moons past. There are many who vow to do whatever it takes to keep the new ones safe, never wanting to feel the fear of the alligators or the fear of The Dark Crows again. Mockingbirdstar's death leaves a hole in the clan, for more reasons than one. Darkfang is increasingly and visibly upset, many older members of the clan wondering why; after all, he had only been a member for a couple short moons, not nearly long enough to develop a strong relationship with the leader. Yet, they are distracted with the events of the moon, not many giving it much more than a passing thought.
    --Foxglow takes her journey to the Moonpool, missing Primrosecloud more than ever, wishing she had her by her side. She feels lost, unsure if she should have even accepted being leader... Should it have been her in Mockingbirdstar's place? Did she serve her purpose to the clan? If she couldn't keep her leader safe, how was she going to keep the rest of her clan safe as leader? Foxstar emerged to the clan feeling nervous and unsure of herself, the uncertainties of her clanmates not helping either. Koalafoot, a newcomer, senses the air of darkness around the new leader - and while she doesn't fully understand the clan's mechanics yet, Foxstar finds herself seeking Koalafoot's company often, the pair talking from sunset until sunrise often. Even when she lacks sleep, Koalafoot's presence makes her feel more rejuvenated than she has felt in moons. Slowly, the uncertainty ebbs away...
    --Quartzheart has his own doubts, shaking off the offer of deputy towards Silverdance. He can't, not after losing Agatewhisker. He doubts if he even wants to remain the scouting captain, but after talking with Chance, agrees to keep going. He's a good leader after all, and one that many of the younger cats trust.
    --When Kiwituft's daughters become apprentices, he approaches his brother about taking over their training, passing their other apprentice's to different mentors. Thistlepath isn't walking as energetically as he used to, the pain in his joints creeping up on him. They both knew it would be a hard leaf-bare, nearing their retirement age. Still, they want one last time to pass on what they know to family, going to their leaders before Limekit and Avocadokit's apprenticeship ceremony, requesting the training of the pair. It is a time to hold loved ones close, they say, and their request is granted somberly.
    --Blizzardbird is freaking out over Stratusbird's injury, worried that it could get worse before it gets better. She is nearly never alone, and the young warrior welcomes the presence of her family by her side during her recovery. Blizzardbird, Cirruspatch, and Whirlwindhowl take turns sleeping by her side, never leaving the scout alone.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

111 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:02 pm

--A look into Onyxburn and Lilymist, a parallel to the older relationship of Hyenamuzzle and Larkember. The four cats quickly become very close and form a tight knit group, always going to each other for advice and for laughs and support. Onyxburn and Larkember are very alike, both quieter and more reserved, perhaps a bit tentative. Hyenamuzzle and Lilymist are more outgoing, often leading the charge on where their partners and them will adventure to next.
    --A lot of excitement echoes around ChaosClan, some of the older and more ragged warriors on edge still, trying their best to let their guards down and relax and celebrate the many new apprentices with their friends and family. It takes a while, but the whole clan is in high spirits, sharing the energy and enthusiasm of the new apprentices before long.
    --Meadowsong feels bittersweet as they watch Pinekit glow as he is chosen for the path of healing. Memories of Pineglow come flooding back to them; the thoughts of how protective they and Pineglow had been to each other, how proud he would be of his son to protect others as well. They felt themself smiling again at thoughts of their lost mate, knowing that he was looking down on the family he helped create with pride. Meadowsong kept their kits close, letting them know they would always, always be around to protect them. In their nest, they spoke softly to Pineglow, telling him all about how proud he would be of their kits. A star burned brightly that night, watching over his family.
    --Heatherdust breathes a sigh of relief to be able to go back to her normal duties. She loves her kits, but she jokingly tells Arrowspark that she is never going to sit in the nursery for that long again. "Next time we have kits, you can watch the bundles of joy until they become apprentices," she laughed, nudging her mate's shoulder playfully.
    --Spidercrawl hums to himself, cleaning out a vacated spot in the nursery, wanting to make everything perfect for the arrival of his kits. Thrushdive comes in, the pair sharing their own excitement while the clan celebrated the excitement of a new era, of safety, of finally, hopefully, feeling safe. Spidercrawl felt an ache in his chest from his lost family members, thinking briefly of Scorpionsnap and of Fleabite... the young apprentice Fleapaw giving him such an ache in his chest that he was almost sure the young apprentice was lying, that he had to have been Fleabite. But he had to shake away the feeling, trusting Darkfang and Fleapaw's story of being brothers. He distracted himself with his and Thrushdive's kits arrival, wondering which of them would stay in the nursery.
    --Darkfang thrashes his tail in the shadows, watching the celebrations with a vengeful glint in his eyes. He scowls, spitting to the side. What do they have to celebrate anyway, he hisses to Fleapaw, who watches the celebrations with a furrowed brow. The apprentice catches a glimpse of Spidercrawl, sure familiarity running through the cat, though he doesn't share with Darkfang. Somewhere in him, he knows that Darkfang has been lying to him, but he isn't sure who he should tell... Or even if he can believe himself yet.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

112 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:30 am

--Ivyshine and Charstar welcome their six kits into the clan, much to Thistlepath's delight... though he tries hard to remain stoic, his family sees the sparkle in his eyes when he interacts with his grandkits. Though he doesn't voice it out loud, he tells Peppermask in his dreams how proud he is of the family they've built - and even though his words never touch his living family, his actions speak volumes to them.
    --Thrushdive feels incredible amounts of protection for his kits, never feeling more certain of his purpose in life. With fortitude that Spidercrawl has not seen from his mate, he tells him how he wants to stay in the nursery for the rest of his warrior career. Spidercrawl purrs happily, proudly supporting him in whatever he chooses. Thrushdive is the first to become a permanent nursery attendant, a job he holds with pride.
    --Koalafoot and Foxstar share a quiet moment together, Foxstar's doubts in herself coming out fully in the reflective moments with her mate. Koalafoot listens carefully, always sure to be honest and help Foxstar see the good parts of herself. Though it doesn't solve her feelings of doubt, Foxstar is learning to take things one day at a time, and praise herself for what's done right rather than what she makes a mistake on. After all, Koalafoot is right - no one is going to be the perfect leader.
    --Stormbranch and Flaxdash start preparing for their new kits to arrive, feeling their excitement grow. Stormbranch spends the evening preparing a space in the nursery, talking with Thrushdive and making sure the tom is ok with looking after his and Flaxdash's kits alongside his own. Honeycloud purrs from her listening spot, watching her two kits play together, also agreeing she would be happy to watch over them when Thrushdive is too busy. Atlasrain smiles at the thought of new great-grandkits, already so happy to hear Stormbranch's first litter gush to him about their training when they have their duties in the elder's den, often taking extra time to talk with Atlasrain. The older tom finds himself wishing Skippercloud could be with him to see the family they've built together as well.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

113 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:16 am

--Sparrowkit and Walnutkit deal with a bit of jealousy at the arrival of Seedkit. Honeycloud and Hawthornblink do their best to teach their young sons that Seedkit is family now, though it takes a bit of coaxing to get the pair to talk to Seedkit at all. Begrudgingly, they realize how nice it is to have another littermate, and how they do like Seedkit.
    --Flaxdash makes the decision to join the nursery, realizing he doesn't want to miss a moment with his kits like he felt like he did with Zephyrpaw, Rainpaw, and Willowpaw. He shares his regrets with Stormbranch as they wait for Ephemeral outside the camp, though Stormbranch assures him he's been a great dad. The pair stare in awe at their new bundles of fur that are joining their growing family, eyes misty with joy as they carry their daughters back to ChaosClan to settle in and introduce them.
    --Fleapaw finally gets Darkfang to start real training with him, the usually bright and optimistic apprentices brooding and upset at being so far behind on his training. Darkfang rants to him about the importance of their work, how they need to be able to bring the Dark Crows back strong - and that might mean missing training. Still, with the knowledge that Fleapaw could crack and tell the leaders the truth, feeling the apprentice slipping away from his grasp, Darkfang reluctantly agrees its time for him to work on gaining traction in ChaosClan.
    --Rainpaw is feeling a bit down at being behind her siblings in training... Willowpaw sighs at her from his resting spot, flicking his tail in annoyance because now he's behind too. Atlasrain is there to comfort them both, giving them a pep talk as any amazing grandpa would do.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

114 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Thu May 11, 2023 11:39 am

--The clan is growing, and the nursery is full. The clan comes together to make the nursery more comfortable for the queens and the attendants, each rank taking on new responsibilities alongside the warriors and apprentices to keep the nursery in top shape - all ideas from Foxstar, who is growing increasingly both excited and nervous about the arrival of her and Koalafoot's kits coming closer.
    --Normally talkative Midgepaw has been quiet lately, and Laurelbreeze vows to find out why. Midgepaw has distanced herself from her littermates, ashamed and guilty about not getting her warrior name at the same time as them. As Laurelbreeze is talking, Fleapaw comes into the picture, his own worries echoed by Midgepaw. At first he bristles at Laurelbreeze and Midgepaw, expecting them to roll their eyes and dismiss his concerns, but instead he finds friendship that Darkfang hasn't allowed him to have. While Darkfang spends the next few days out of camp, going on a scouting mission for Charstar and Foxstar and meeting Mickey, Fleapaw tells Midgepaw and Laurelbreeze what he expects is going on and what Darkfang's true intentions might be.
    --Kiwituft jokes about being not as young as he once was, stating he's going to take a break from patrols until he retires, focusing solely on training his kits alongside Thistlepath.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

115 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat May 20, 2023 9:35 am

--Alpineheart mourns the loss of his mate alongside his kits. Cuckoopaw takes it the hardest, retreating from her family as she laments that Aniblaze never got to see her take her assessment gain her warrior name like Malkohablaze and Edelweissbloom. She wears a scowl most of the time, refusing to talk to her littermates or to her dad. Midgestorm sees the grief for what it is, knowing in some form what Cuckoopaw is going through. Laurelbreeze, Fleapaw, and Midgestorm merge Cuckoopaw into their friend group, refusing to let their clanmate suffer in silence and in isolation.
    --Suntail is a mother figure for many, warriors, apprentices, and kits alike. She is an instant popular cat to talk to, and she loves her role of grandmother and mother. It doesn't take long for her to attract a nightly gathering of kits and apprentices to listen to a bedtime story before they retreat to their dens, a storyteller role she takes seriously. Atlasrain watches his grandkits' wonder in soft happiness, glad that Suntail is able to provide stories for his family. He strikes up a quiet friendship with the she-cat, the pair becoming quick friends in the caretaker's den.
    --As the events of the Dark Crow battle become farther in the past, ChaosClan slowly resumes activities as normal and lowers their guard, at least a little bit. Distracted by his future kits, Darkfang takes a step back, and focuses more on the future of an uprising in ChaosClan rather than the present... at least for now. In the shadows, he still works to grow the Dark Crows again, finding more of the lost and defeated members to re-form the group.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

116 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 am

--Lichen has been watching Darkfang from its spot as a loner, located in the barn of the Twoleg farm across the large field. The cat has been living in the horse fields, using the barns for cover at nightfall and during storms, comfortable around Twolegs. It has always been happy to share knowledge of farm life with passing cats, until the Dark Crows came by. It stayed very, very far away from those cats, their presence a nuisance at best and intimidating and fearful at worst. As it grows tired of loner life, yearning for life among other cats and to build a family, it watches ChaosClan from afar as the large clan takes over The Dark Crows, restoring ShiningClan territory, chasing out the rogues. Yet, something doesn't settle right with Lichen, even after it joins ChaosClan and becomes Lichendust, taking on a new stage in its life. It watches Darkfang with skepticism, feeling like it has seen Darkfang before in the rogue group, though he doesn't say anything to the clan cats... not yet, at least. Perhaps there's a reason the clan let this cat in, it thinks... Even still, the way Darkfang skulks around has Lichendust questioning Darkfang's loyalties, and it starts to follow the tom.
    --Fleapaw sees Lichendust following his 'brother' and mentor, and he says nothing to Darkfang. He doesn't want to scare Lichendust away, so he ignores its watching eyes. The eyes are especially apparent during training sessions, though Darkfang has been so distracted that the tom does not notice, even though his apprentice does. Fleapaw lets Laurelbreeze and Midgestorm know of his noticing of Lichendust, and the cats agree its a good thing, and to let the older warriors handle it, at least for now. Fleapaw slowly starts to remember his past, especially when glancing at Spidercrawl, feeling like he knows him from somewhere...
    --Thistlepath feels confident in Avocadopaw's skills, ready to watch his family member take her assessment. Limepaw and Avocadopaw are elated that one of them has succeeded in their training, their support system for each other strong. Kiwituft smiles softly at the elation from his daughters, his immense pride almost palpable. He apologizes to Limepaw for not getting her through her training yet, but the adventurous apprentice smiles softly, telling her dad that it's ok. She likes the adventures she can have as an apprentice better anyway.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

117 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:24 am

--Walruspath's tale of his tail... Bamboolight never stays far from his side. Stratusbird isn't far behind, keeping to Walruspath's side. In the quiet when Bamboolight goes to sleep, Stratusbird looks over at the injured tom in fear. She doesn't want to lose him - not now, not ever. As a sleepy Bamboolight lumbers away, leaving the pair of cats alone to spend some time with Astralfur, Stratusbird admits her feelings towards the tom in a whisper. Through his haze of pain and fear, Walruspath feels a slight calm. He knows he wants Stratusbird by his side too, and the pair spend the slow days of Walruspath's recovery together, Stratusbird telling the tom about the patrols of the day and helping him keep up his strength.
    --Hemlockflame and Thymesong are elated to welcome their kits, never far from their side. The gentle she-cats are ready to become a family, the love for their kits immense. Across the nursery, the same reflection is shared by the younger couple Sweetchirp and Whirlwindhowl, who have also just welcomed their first litter of kits.
    --Darkfang goes missing for a bit, something that gives Fleapaw a chance to breathe a sigh of relief. For once, he feels like he can just focus on his training and not worry about Darkfang. Though no one really bats an eye at Darkfang's disappearance, chalking it up to the cat he has been talking about bringing kits, assuming he'll be back in a day or so with his new kits. Lichendust takes over Fleapaw's training for a short time, helping the apprentice learn more about his true past and try and understand Darkfang's motives.
    --Charstar takes the moon off of patrols to start helping administer more assessments, in awe of the sheer volume of apprentices that are succeeding at their training. The clan is thriving, and Charstar can't help but feel proud of his clan.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

118 -- wip

Postby Kazin » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:43 am

--Citrusfur and Goldfishpaw introduction. They have been traveling for moons, their lives destroyed by a fire that took their parents from them. despite everything, Goldfishpaw is a happy go lucky cat who wants nothing more than to make new friends, seeing the large clan as a new opportunity to have as many friends as possible. Citrusfur is a little more reserved, not sure how he can fit in.
    --Meadowsong adopts kits from a mysterious dog they encountered in the forest nearby ChaosClan on one of their walks. Joan has been keeping the kits safe, and was looking for a clan to bring them to. In an almost haze, having been out here because they were following what they thought was the ghostly form of Pineglow, Meadowsong accepts the four kits and brings them back to the clan. Thrushdive nods his head as Meadowsong brings the kits to him, already looking forward to having more kits under his watchful gaze. Likewise, soon Darkfang comes back from his solo trip with his two daughters in tow - Foxglovekit and Waspkit being accepted into the clan with little fanfare, though there is gossip surrounding Darkfang now, mostly coming from the concern of Lichendust, who can't shake the feeling they've seen Darkfang with the rogue group... Even now, the cat was sure they say Darkfang talking to strangers outside of ChaosClan territory on his way back, though the night was growing darker and they couldn't have been too sure. Still, Lichendust brings their concerns to Foxstar and Charstar, who listen with intrigue.
    --Fleapaw is positive that Lichendust is onto his 'brother.' He panics to his friends, Midgestorm, Cuckoowhistle, and Laurelbreeze agreeing its time that Fleapaw talks to a cat with power about his suspicions and his shaky memories. Spidercrawl sees Fleapaw stealing glances at him, and the uncanny similarity between Fleapaw and the little brother Spidercrawl remembers becomes too unbearable to stand. It is Spidercrawl that Fleapaw decides to talk to first, deciding he wants to know if he should recognize the tom from somewhere else.
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me