[Prompts]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[Prompts]

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:12 am

A place to store arpg related writing & prompts.

dnp please

Arch Empire [vok & hw]
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 am, edited 9 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Alistair] notes

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:17 am

life events of Alistair
[important notes about him]

-is born near human settlement
-is injured by a lion cub as an adolescent
Last edited by Raptocidic on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[SOFT] prompt level 1

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:37 am

describe your founder’s opinion on accepting new members (100+ words)
[original response]

Alistair looks to recruit individuals who have also suffered an injury as a result of a large predator. He'll also recruit anyone he knows has been attacked or scared by a predator (but not physically injured). He finds these individuals easier to keep in their places, often using inspirational speeches about how they'll resist the large predators as an easy method of keeping others happy. He isn't against accepting other individuals into the chowder, its just that he finds it easier to find and convince others to join if he knows of an easy way of getting them to like him. If an individual just wants to join he'll most certainly let them, although he'll be weary of individuals he knows nothing about.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[VOK] P1 [Kalori]

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Prompt P1 completed for Kalori

Give your lion a basic personality. 150 word minimum

He's overly dramatic, quick to anger and thinks he's superior to the majority of the pride. He isn't afraid to pick a fight, even feeling confident enough to fight with Ozmore.

He values his mane a lot and will create and overly dramatic scene if just a stick gets stuck in his mane. He spends a lot of time just keeping his mane clean.

He can use dark magic, although he often doesn't care to do so. He likes being the centre of attention and finds if he uses magic on only very rare occasions then the pride will almost always be interested in whatever he is doing. He practices a lot in secret and pretends that he finds magic easy when he actually finds it rather difficult.

In battle he isn't hesitant to use his magic if he sees that it is needed, but he almost never uses it right away. He loves to surprise rival prides with his rare ability.

(162 words)
Last edited by Raptocidic on Tue May 25, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[VOK] [Describing the Fire Lands] A1, A2, A15, A16, A21, A34

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:02 am

Wildfire Pride
prompts here wrote:A1 Create a map of your pride’s territory. You may draw one, use a website/builder, describe one, or code/collage one together. (100 exp)

A2 Explain where your pride calls home/rests within their territory. 200 words or 1 art piece minimum (150 exp)

A15 What sort of prey populates your pride’s territory? What sort of predators/threats? 150 word minimum (100 exp)

A16 What sort of climate does your pride’s territory have? Do they have well defined seasons? Dry seasons? Rainy seasons? 150 word minimum (100 exp)

A21 What kind of flora thrives in your pride’s territory? 200 words or 1 art piece (including at least 3 simple or 1 complex plant) minimum (150 exp)

A34 Are there any local plants that are poisonous or dangerous to the touch? How do the lions avoid them? Is the affliction curable? 100 word minimum (75 exp)

important terminology wrote:Description Overview: Territory has different habits.
Desertlands- Desert habitat.
Rocklands- a large rock located in the desertlands. It's the safest place to be during a wildfire
Drylands- split into two habitats the Shrublands and the Grasslands
Shrublands- filled with dry shrubs, little trees
Grasslands- filled with dry long grass. grass varies in length. very few mature trees, although there are a few mature trees with fire resistance.
Treelands- Consists of a small woodland that merges with the edge of a jungle. The jungle is on a mountain slope and gets steeper further up. The Treelands are not burnt regularly and the pride naks make sure to keep fire away from this part, since it always has a lot of prey to catch.
Denlands- Supposed to be called 'Denselands' but ended up being called Denlands as a mispronunciation that ended up sticking as the name. The Denlands are the thickest parts of the jungle on the mountain slope.
Uplands- Area past the denslands and higher up on the mountains. Theres large strange pillars of stone. This area is near impossible to travel around without the ability of flight.

A1: Image
Made with Inkarnate
original concept

A2: The Wildfire pride will rest in different locations depending on their current needs, however they usually rest in the rocklands, where it is safe from Wildfires. If it is raining there is a smaller boulder which has been dug under slightly and provides shelter, although if it rains heavily it starts to become damp and the space undneath the rock is only big enough for two (maybe three) lions, so it just isn't suitable for the pride anymore. After a night of everyone being cold and wet when the week of rain started the pride temporarily moved all the way to the opposite side of the territory to the Denlands. The denlands, being a thick dense forest, has several places to create temporary waterproofs dens to sleep in, although it isn't without its dangers. There are other predators and rival lions nearby and if the lions don't take it in turn to keep watch someone will certainly be attacked by something. The pride are slowly cresting underground dens for the pride to use, which they plan to somehow be waterproof. These underground dens will be their new and permanent place to rest, although the lions plan to keep their tradition of watching the sunset from the rocklands.

A15: There is a wide range of prey available in the large territory the pride owns. Theres more life in certain areas that others, but catching prey has its own challenges in different locations. The desertlands doesn't have much prey to catch at all. Theres the occasional small lizard, beetle, or a spider, but nothing that would properly feed a lion, yet alone the pride. There is usually still food there during the winer however, so its a potential life saver if food become extremely hard to find. The Drylands has a decent share of prey, a few hogs, the occasional zebra and meerkats. Theres occasionally elephants, however they seem to be at the treelands and denlands more often. Overall the prey is what you'd expect to see in a grassland or dry shrub filled environment, although other species occasionally wonder into this area as it is so close to both the desert and jungle. The river will have fish (even large fish) at some times of the year, but during autumn and winter almost no fish can ever be found. Animals will often drink at the river, so its a decent source of food. Crocodiles stay around there however, so its risky to hunt there. It is possible to catch a crocodile, but its rather difficult to do so without accidentally becoming the prey. Further up the river there are fish all year round, however the river becomes difficult to follow in the denlands as the jungle is incredibly thick and difficult to for even the experienced lions to navigate. The treelands open up opportunities for snatching eggs, either ones in a low tree or from a species which lays eggs on the ground (there are a few ground laying species there), however eggs are difficult to obtain as there's a lot of competition for them. The pride consider eggs to be a delicacy if prepared correctly and they especially like ostrich eggs. The denlands have a lot of food, but its incredibly hard to catch unless the pride can chase it out into the open drylands. The jungle is too thick to properly move around and its hard to track camouflaged prey there. The updands is filled with birds and mysterious creatures, but it is near impossible to navigate around without the ability of flight. There are a few goats and yaks in the uplands that are sometimes possible to catch however. Overall the pride will take whatever food they can get, dead or alive. They often pick off creatures in the drylands during wildfires and store in the deasertlands sand to preserve the meat for later.

A16:
Last edited by Raptocidic on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VOK P6 completed for Allie

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:17 am

P6 - What is this pride member’s greatest dream? 100 word minimum (75 exp)
completed for Allie

(her greatest dream as a cub)
Allie hopes to become powerful through the use of fire. Her current veiw of herself as she is older is currently rather unrealistic, really. She thinks that maybe she'll become a powerful fire godess, who uses her fire to dominate the land. She thinks she might be able to take over the pride as leader one day, perhaps Ozmore will hand over leadership to her when he's elderly or he will maybe fight him for leadership. She isn't sure how, but she had big plans to dominate the fire lands just like how Ozmore has (and currently does). She feels she must somehow be destined for greatness and power, but she isn't sure how yet. Allies greatest dream is to be powerful and known and feared by rival prides.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Hunters Woods] G3 Skypeak

Postby Raptocidic » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Skypeak G3 What is your group’s main goal and why? - 200 words minimum [150 exp]

Skypeak are a group of cats who are all likeminded in their desire to keep the uplands in the same state it is. Their only true and constant goal is to protect the beautiful yet harsh land they call home and they will do this at all costs. This has always been the goal of every cat who ever lived there, ever since a cat of an ancient group initially claimed the land, having left discreet hints carved into stone about their lives and traditions. Upon discovering the territory hundreds of years later the founder of Skypeak, Eira, decided she would honour her ancient ancestors and bring the uplands to its former glory and maintain it like the ancient cats did so long ago. They are focused on respecting and maintaining the land in which they inhabit and leave very little trace of their existence in this habitat (besides from the bridges and structures built over generations worth of time in order to aid the cats in moving around the area). They aim to quietly survive in their secluded territory in peace, only taking what they need to survive. The group is careful to not overhunt and will even actively protect and ensure the survival of certain populations of their prey to make sure there will be food in the future. In many ways they act as mortal gaurdians to the land they live on.
Last edited by Raptocidic on Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[Hunters Woods] Skypeak G14

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:07 am

G14 Describe how your group came to live in/claim this territory. 200 words minimum - [150 exp]

Eira came from a small family of travelling cats without a real home. When she grew older she was sent to travel on her own. She stumbled across Skypeak valley ons day by accident and almost left the territory without discovering anything. The land felt eerie and bland, whilst there was signs of life she noticed if was like life was deliberately trying to hide.

Right as she was about to leave she found a skull buried in the snow. She was alarmed at first but upon further investigation the skul appeared to be ancient. She was intrigued and decided to investigate more. She ended up finding the ruins of an ancient group of cats. They had left feathers (that were preserved in the ice) as well as strange markings and symbols carved into some rocks higher up. They were mostly scratches, some appeared to depict images, although she couldn't tell if this was just her interpretation of the markings or if it really was supposed to show an image. Her next discovery was what appeared to be an abandoned densite from hundreds of years ago. It was clear it hadn't been used in a long time.

Eira ended up staying there for a while out of curiosity and a desire to find out more. She didn't doesn't understand exactly what happened but it was evident that the group were peaceful and abandoned the area quickly. It looked like the place had been attacked by something, or that there was at least a battle that caused a lot of bloodshed.

She meant to move on and continue to travel but something about the territory seemed to keep here where she was. Over time she begun to understand more of the markings and drawings. She finds there were marks from later on (after the territory was abandoned) that described traveling cats who returned to home but couldn't stay there. More and more of the markings seemed to tell her tales that matched up with things her parents once told her. She though they were just silly stories, however it appeared they had a much deeper meaning. Her family had told her stories of a grave event involving fleeing from a monster. Eventually she put together the pieces and realised she had stumbled across the territory that her ancestors came from.

Eira decided to found a new group the territory. She called it Skypeak after the name her ancestors gave the highest point in the territory.

Some might say she came to live in her territory by pure coincidence, but others may believe it was fate that brought Eira to her current home.
Last edited by Raptocidic on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VOK lionbot prompt 1

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:59 am

Response wip

Mirra trying to scare Ezyra with a large spider
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[WOTN] Extra pack info

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:37 pm

●The packs territory has part of some grasslands, starting off like a meadow but getting dryer and longer grass as the lands go on. theres a forest towards the meadow lands. Through the forest is a stream which enters a river, on the other side of the river is a few villages, and a town at one particular part. after the town is a road short enough to travel to in an hour (if running as a wolf) and the road leads into a city. Further upstream is a marshland.

● lifestyle is a mix of modern, feral and tribal. many members travel to the villages, town and city and steal food and other resources the pack can use. They've formed their own beleifs seperate from human society. Members may have homes and jobs in the villages/town/city but most live back at the pack's camp. Stories are often told adound rock towers or campfires. on the event of a river bore or a drought they will always hold a ceremony centred around dancing - the pack all fear a river bore as they believe its because they angered their deities

●they have two main deities, one that creates one that destroys. They are said to originate from the same ultimate being but split because the two sides couldn't exist as one. The destruction one is depicted as a werewolf in wolf phase which has no control over itself [the inspiration came from human media's depiction of werewolves] and it usually has spikes [either red spikes or bone spikes] and often wears a large canine or ox skull. The creation one is depicted as a longhaired individual, usually light in colors. Usually depicted as a feminine human like individual [although forms that resemble an anthro have been depicted before, usually more commonly seen in street art made by the individuals who interact with the city more often] but on rare occasion might be depicted as a normal wolf that's very elegant, usually only during events that are considered special by the pack. The creation deity usually wears golden (sometimes silver or white) accessories, especially gold earings and semi transparent silk accessories.
● The pack has several individuals who draw their pereonal interpretation of the deities. Artwork representing the deities is very encouraged in the pack.
● deity names - Tusauruflyreris (both of them together in their ultimate form) [pronounced too-saur-oo--fly-air-ris (the SAUR is said like dinosaur)], Flyreis (creation one), Tusaur (destruction one)

●Names are usually assigned when the member enters a pack
● Fyre is pronounced as fire but with a bit more emphasis on the end fi-yre.
● Syre is usually pronounced as sire but depending on the letters at the start of the name it may be pronounced differently depending on the letters before it.
● syre, yre, re are usually what the names end with.
● special name endings are flyer, eris, saur, tu, tus, fyre
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me