Rise - Bloomclan Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Level Eight - Personalities

Postby orbiting » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Create a personality or history for two cats

Heavyripple's personality wrote:HEAVYRIPPLE is known to be quite the abrasive cat. He has quite a short temper, and this paired with a loud voice and a threatening gaze, can make him seem a bit villainous. Really, Heavyripple has no OVERLY bad intentions - he's not a villian. What he is is hard-working, focused, and head-strong. He could care less about the feelings or even well-being of other cats that are not of his clan, and has a hard time being empathetic even to those he's so-what "close" too. It seems he either can't feel basic emotions like other cats, such as sadness or sympathy, or he just struggles - a lot - in showing it. He's never said I love you to a cat; a "thank you" is also rare from Heavyripple. He struggles with authority; he is fine taking orders from clan-born Owlpelt, but struggles when they come from orphaned clan-joiner Thymestar. He expresses no animosity towards Chillfoot, but no warmth, either, and if he can, he will avoid speaking with the rouge-turned-clancat at all (which, of course, Chillfoot doesn't mind.) Overall, Heavyripple is a cat that will never be sweet to you, but will be sour with your enemies - and isn't that all you really need?
[203]

Frostsight's personality wrote:FROSTSIGHT seems to always have a disapproving look, like something you've said or something you're doing bothers her deeply. She comes off, with her eyes always slanted, as a judgmental cat, which she is. If she wanted too, she could run her mouth off at the speed of lightening with all of her opinions, all of the drama she keeps stored in her head. But, get this - usually? She doesn't want to speak about her thoughts. Not at all. She prefers keeping her snarky opinions to herself. If you come in with mud on your pelt, or you take too long hunting, you can bet Frostsight has an opinion about it - but you won't hear it. She keeps to herself, mostly. Frostsight can retain information like nobody's business; she has an insane memory and can remember what you ate for lunch that one day in leaf-fall 3 moons ago. It's an amazing talent that comes in handy often; but also scary, because best believe if you rub her the wrong way with something, she'll remember it until she dies. Frostsight has many faults, but behind them is a loyal heart that loves fiercely despite herself. She is a natural-born protector, and her instincts always lead her to jump in front of a cat in danger, even if it's a cat who accidentally got water on her pelt 302 moonpassings ago.
[230]

not on here much anymore but to reminisce,
if we've ever interacted in the slightest, thank you for kind memories,
i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level Eight - Two scenes

Postby orbiting » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Write about two scenes of your choice

Scene One wrote:If the stars could sing tonight their tunes would be melancholy, a melody of yearning and disconsolateness.
Thymestar could nearly hear their song in his ears, flicking them back and forth as his eyes focused on the sight above. He felt the energy of the moon pulse through his pelt, and of the star's aria, a certain melancholy was placed within him, as he sat atop the rock's cliff and simply stared.
He was expecting her tonight, but fear was placed in his heart that when she found him in the state he was in, she'd suddenly decide to cancel the pair's nightly meetings. Sweetberry saw him as the powerful leader without fear, yet she was wrong. He had many fears; one of them was that the beautiful she-cat he contained strong affections for was only meeting him to see the vision of him she'd already invented of him. The stars tonight had put him in a mood she'd never seen on him before.
He smelled her scent as she careened around the rocks and the mud, hopping up to him, bounding to the sky where he sat gracefully.
She purred as she reached him. "I never tire of being here," she mewed. "Under the stars, like this. Where they can see us together, like this."
Thymestar flicked his tail. All day long he'd barked patrols at her and gave her nothing in his gaze but the same respect he showed the rest of his clan. Now, when it was just them together and there lie no need for formalities, he could give her through his eyes what he'd been feeling in his heart all this time, pure cupidity.
She turned to see him gazing at her, and she curled into him.
"I'd like to think," she mewed, "That they approve, but they look sad tonight."
Thymestar's ears perked up at her words. She could feel them, too.
"Most would find you crazy for being able to sense the mood of the stars," he mewed.
"I think they're speaking to me, but I can't figure out what they're trying to say." She thought for a moment. "My father's up there. I wonder what he thinks of us."
"They approve, and I know they do," Thymestar said, "Because no other cat has ever been able to read the stars like I have, and you've just done it, curled up into me. They're telling me something."
Sweetberry smiled. "And what would that be?"
"That you're perfect for me."
"Then let's get on with it," Sweetberry mewed. "I know how I feel for you, Thymestar, Our meeting the past few moonpassings have been supplying me with such joy, such excitement for my future with you. I could feel it the first time you asked me to meet you here, how I would eventually come to feel. I've always been very predictable. I knew that if I showed up that night, and kept doing so, I'd fall in love with you. I know myself." She paused. "And yet I brought myself anyways, like I couldn't help it, like it had to happen."
Thymestar felt the breeze between them, blowing through their fur as they stood together. "I've no doubts at all," he mewed, realizing it was true. "I'd like to tell the clan about us."
"You think any of them have already figured out?" Sweetberry mused.
"My sister probably has. She knows me like the back of her paw." Thymestar thought. "Besides her... I think we'll get some pretty lovely reactions."
"I look forward to it. Oh!" Sweetberry gasped. "The stars. Look, Thyme!"
Thymestar purred. This whole time, he'd been staring at her, but when he pulled his gaze away to peer at the stars, he found them glimmering so brightly, their song now a powerful, upbeat chorus, the tune and melody both being about love.
"Oh... they're happy. They're happy for us, my Sweet," Thymestar smiled.
The stars had always been the most important thing of his life. But now, it seemed, they had some competition. Despite this, they still gleamed for the new couple, and the beating in Thymestar's chest seemed to increase tenfold under their sheen.

Scene Two wrote:When Frostsight was an apprentice she witnessed a cat dying for the first time.
It was helpless. Not even the medicine cat could've helped this cat. They were a lone rouge, found dying near the Orbitclan border. They were weak, fur falling off their pelt in patches, eyes glazed over and heart beating slower than a snail.
There was opposition against taking the cat in. Whatever the rouge had, no cat knew if it was contagious. If it could kill.
But the medicine cat had a heart too big to ignore a cat in need. How often was it that a rouge came to a clan for help - just because they were suffering?
In the end, the cat did get to see a medicine cat, and they were allowed within Orbitclan's borders; but they had to be treated far from the camp.
Frostpaw's mentor at the time was Applewillow, a cat who shared one similarity with the clan's medicine cat: his heart was far too big. Her mentor had another fatal flaw about him: He expected the most of his languorous, indifferent apprentice.
"Frostpaw," he'd whispered to her. "Come with me. We're leaving," he paused carefully, "Don't tell anyone."
This was a bad sign to start off. Applewillow was a loyal warrior, and he'd never purposefully break the rules or disobey his leader - ever. But he spoke with such urgency Frostpaw felt obligated to go with him, and the pair successfully snuck out. Frostpaw noticed something wrong when, upon approaching the rock meadow, she smelled something rotten. Something heavy in the air. Something sick.
"What's-" The she-cat broke off with a gasp at the dying cat. It laid there on a bed of flowers, taking in shallow breaths. Pepperpaw, the fully trained-medicine cat without a full name yet, was tending to it by applying herbs, cobwebs to the cat's wounds.
"You're here," She mewed happily upon seeing Applewillow approach. She suddenly broke off when she saw he'd brought his apprentice. "Are you sure?" Was all she mewed.
"I'm sure. She'll help. I promise."
There he was, making promises he had no right to make. Frostpaw felt her stomach drop. Her fellow apprentices had been talking about this - a cat who was so sick, on the brink of death, taken in because Gorsestar had taken pity on her. The rouge couldn't be allowed in the clan's camp, but Pepperpaw could leave to treat the cat, take their pain away before they died.
"I - why are we here?" She asked of her mentor.
His green eyes softened. "You'll see. We wanted to give her a chance to see you, before she..." He made a wary face that said it all.
"Oh..." Was all Frostpaw could say.
"What's your name?" The cat asked. Her voice was broken, like shattered glass. She could barely lift her head up to look at Frostpaw.
"I-I'm," she looked to Pepperpaw for approval, who nodded; "I'm Frostpaw."
"Frostpaw," the rouge spoke, "I"m Bea."
Frostpaw shuffled her paws. She couldn't help it. "What's wrong with you, Bea?"
Bea smiled faintly. "Well, I'm... I'm dying."
It was quiet for a moment, between all four cats.
Frostpaw was made aware of Bea's heartbeat for the first time.
Slow, unsteady. Loud.
Badump. Badump. Badump.
"You're such a pretty girl, Frostpaw. Do you have any toms you like?" Bea asked.
Frostpaw flushed. She hadn't been asked this before.
"N-no." She said softly. "I don't, but... But I think that..." She trailed off. She felt so awkward, so stiff. She'd no idea what to say.
The cat infront of her was about to die.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want too, but you know, your secrets will be safe with me."
Frostpaw looked around. Applewillow and Pepperpaw would listen, too, so no, they weren't.
"Do you two mind, then?" Bea said. Pepperpaw looked suprised. "Are you sure?" She asked.
Bea nodded the best she could.
"That would be fine, then." Applewillow touched a tail reassuringly to Frostpaw's shoulder, and then the two darted away.
"I was in love, once." Bea mewed slowly. "His name was Rake. I loved him like I loved the sun waking me up everymorning. He warmed me up like the sun, too. And he shone like it. LIke a million lightbulbs... Oh, you haven't even an idea what a lightbulb is, do you? I forgot you're a clancat. You know, I was always jealous of ya'll..."
Frostpaw bit her lip nervously. "You ever have kits?"
"I did. A little girl, named Snow. She was fully white, all over, just like her daddy, just like you. When Applewillow talked about his apprentice, he mentioned you were a white cat with pale blue eyes, and I asked to see you." She sucked in a breath. "You look... just like her."
Frostpaw's eyes welled with tears. All of this, all of it, was too sad. Too sad by far.
Badump, Badump.
"That mentor of yours... He sure talks alot, doesn't he?" Bea asked.
Frostpaw nodded, smiling slightly.
"But that cat... he's got the sweetest, kindest heart I've ever seen. He is pure joy, pure happiness. I've never met a cat..." She sucked in a breath, "Quite like him...!" She began to hitch her breathing, her heartbeat gradually increasing now. It scared Frostpaw stiff.
"What- what's going on!?" The young she asked.
"Frostpaw. You... you remember what I'll tell you? Cherish that cat, that Applewillow. And your medicine cat, too. They took me in... they showed a love I'd forgotten since my love died... I've finally seen it. Why clans are so important. And if you'll live in one, you'll remember this. These cats are your family. And you remember Bea told you that you show these cats all the love they've shown me, because it..."
BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP
"Applewillow! Pepperpaw!" Frostpaw cried.
"Because it matters."
It was silent.
When Frostsight was 24 moons old she witnessed a cat dying for a second time.
Dovepaw was a stupid apprentice. The kit ran her ears off with blatant, unuseful talk. The cat was
Stupid.
Why would you walk on thin ice like that?
Frostsight had been on a walk with Applewillow. Ever since she'd gotten her warrior name, her and her previous mentor had grown close, close enough to make other cats whisper unapprovingly. But Frostsight didn't mind, and this was surprising.
Because Applewillow was the kindest, sweetest cat she'd ever met. When she was with him, her heart went
Badump! Badump! Badump!
- out of control.
Today it was winter, and they walked on snow-covered ground; they were laughing together about something - what was it? When Dovepaw fell through.
Applewillow had one major flaw: He had a heart too big.
Because he raced into the hole without thinking. He caught the apprentice by the neck, saving his life in the process.
He fell onto the snow-covered ground, and he shook from the cold.
"Get Dovepaw to Pepperflare," he mewed out slowly, each word taking several tries to escape his mouth. "H-h... hurry."
Dovepaw was fine. He was standing on all fours, wet, but alive.
"Applewillow! I'm so sorry!" The young apprentice whined.
"Shut up! Go back to the camp, see Pepperflare, now! While your legs still work!" Frostsight snapped to him.
"You should be... F-frostsight."
Her name uttered out of the tom she loved's mouth made her tremble in despair, heart racing.
BadumpBadumpBadumpBadumpBadump
"Be nice to him. He's so young," the tom took in slow, pained breaths, like his lungs had frozen with no way to dethaw them.
"Applewillow," Frostsight moaned.
"Be nice to him... Be nice to everyone, it's-"
BadumpBadumpBadump
"it's important to me."
Badump... Badump... Badump.
Frostsight got back to camp after he died and slashed Dovepaw's face open with her claws, screaming.
"You killed him! You stupid, mouse-brained apprentice, walking on the ice like that, you KILLED him!"
She grew a hatred of the apprentice. It only grew as time went by and the clan was lost of Applewillow's face; his smile; his kind words. Whenever she saw Dovepaw, she scowled at him, making him hang his head in shame.
When Frostsight was 35 moons she watched a cat die for the third time.
Dovepaw's stomach was slashed open in a perilous battle.
Before he'd died, he'd told Frostsight one thing.
"I'm sorry. I"m stupid. I killed Applewillow." He took his last breath with his final words being, "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."
He died never knowing if she would.
Frostsight hadn't listened to Bea.
She hadn't listened to her mate.
She had been cold and cruel to the apprentice to his death.
She would regret it forever.
[1,443]

i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level Nine - Personalities

Postby orbiting » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Addershine's personality wrote:ADDERSHINE is the cat version of a bookworm. She loves hearing stories, and sitting in the sun by herself making up her own. She dreams of romances, adventures beyond herself. She can spend hours in her own mind, weaving tales of her future, of forbidden romances and clan drama. She is usually lost in space, and you have to call her name a few times to get her to snap out of it. Some find it annoying that it seems like she'd rather be anywhere but where she is - safe, in a loving clan - but they don't see Addershine's true feelings. She is a nervous cat, who hates battling, using her claws for anything, and even having to kill a mouse. She despises danger and has never strayed past clan limits or broken a rule. She lives according to the code and, paw to her chest, would never actually intentionally break it. Addershine has a bright smile, and a hyper-active mind, with stories you'd be enchanted to hear. She finds herself often in the nursery, singing tunes of adventure and telling stories of far-away lands to the kits, all of whom adore her. She is pure of heart and intention - just a bit out of it most of the day.
[210]

Bristlefern's personality wrote:BRISTLEFERN is a cat that you'll always struggle with getting to calm down. He is full of energy, always bouncing on his toes, waking up at ungodly hours excited about something. He sees the world in pure light, and can always look on the bright side of things. It's not uncommon for Bristlefern to get upset, but usually, he can hide it very well (from everyone except his sister.) And he does like to hide it - because he loves his reputation. He is a joy-filled, outstanding cat to the rest of his clan, and they all love his smile and his eagerness to be in the world, to be living. And it's not a mask - he really does feel this way, he really does have a bright light in his heart. He loves everyone with a little too much, goes through the day with everything he has and sleeps ready to wake and do it all again tomorrow, and fixates only on things that make him and others happy. He's like a circus clown, always dedicated to making someone, somewhere, smile. The only issue is, he isn't empathetic. He can't tell when he's said something wrong or when someone's upset, and he should knock it off. He doesn't know what to do when a cat feels a certain way, and can act out without knowing how it'll hurt someone, because of his natural-born lack of empathy.

i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level Nine - Two scenes

Postby orbiting » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Scene One wrote:Sweetberry was tired of hearing about how kind she was. Her only asset was that she was a bonafide sweetheart, a loveable darling.
Spoiler: she wasn’t. Not really. Sweetberry was a cat with a yearning for drama, for violence. She loved battles, whether physical or verbal, and tension made her excited when she got to experience it. She kept this side of her hidden, the side always itching for a fight, a battle, even if she had to create it herself. She hid it, and she hid it well.
She wasn’t the ball of joy everyone thought she was. But how could she prove it successfully?
There was one night when she had decided to go hunting, by herself, completely alone. It made the experience more thrilling.
She spotted a rabbit enjoying some fallen acorns beneath a tree, nibbling happily on them without a care. As she began to approach it, the rabbit looked up, in her direction but through her, widened its eyes in terror and darted away.
It couldn’t have seen Sweetberry. What had it seen, to make it run so fast like that? Like it’s life was in danger?
She turned and there it was - a dead rattlesnake. It must’ve slithered in from the rock meadow.
The rabbit had seen it and just from appearance, turned tail & fled. Even though there was no real danger, nothing to worry about at all; how amazing.
Sweetberry keeps the snake’s rattle as a token. It reminds her that no matter how something may look, you should never judge it based on appearance. After all, a sleeping rattlesnake may just look dead to some...
And Sweetberry was about ready to wake up.
[283]

Scene Two wrote:Comfreypaw was convinced his first love would always be food.
Sweet, delicious, juicy brown mice.
He grew out of it.
Mudpaw was his new obsession.
She was pretty with a soft voice, and Comfreypaw was convinced that he wasn’t the only one who wanted her affections. Comfreypaw had no chance. Mudpaw would become a queen to some handsome tom’s kits, and live a happy, dignified life
. It was just a crush, anyways, one all the other apprentices had.
Comfreypaw would just focus on becoming a warrior himself.
One day, on a forest stroll, he’d seen her.
Mudpaw; hunched over a mouse; just tearing into it. No holds barred, ripping into it’s flesh, getting blood everywhere, like she hadn’t eaten in months - eating it, and eating it, and eating it until it was gone. She stood, sighed, and made eye contact with him, then gasped.
“Oh - Uh, uh, Cloudpaw! You… you didn’t see any of that, right?” She asked in horror.
“It’s Comfreypaw.” Comfreypaw mewed in amazement.
Mudpaw shuffled her paws back and forth, obviously embarrassed. “I-I’m sorry. I’m sorry, but - You know what? Whenever I’m in camp, I have to eat my food like - like I’m not hungry, or something! I take small bites, and I’m prim and proper, and I’m tired of it! I love food. Shouldn’t I eat it how I want? Like…” She motioned to the dead, shredded carcass. “Like this?!” She cried. A piece of meat dropped from her muzzle.
Comfreypaw could only stare at her in wonder.
“Just… just forget it. Forget you saw anything.” The she-cat mumbled.
“... Mudpaw.” Comfreypaw mewed. “It’s good to meet you.”
“Meet me? But you… we’ve been in the same clan for moons. And I… I didn’t know your name.” She sighed. “I’m just… so busy, so guarded, all the time, and…”
“It’s good to meet the real you.” Comfreypaw smiled.
Mudpaw looked up at him, smiled, blood on her teeth, and began to laugh. “The real me that eats like this? Like a wolf?” She giggled.
“Yes. It’s perfect.” Comfreypaw responded.
He had just met the she-cat. And yet he knew one thing, staring at her destroyed mouse carcass:
This was the love of his life.
[373]

i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level Ten - Personalities

Postby orbiting » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:41 pm

Sweetberry's personality wrote:SWEETBERRY was named as a kit for her sweet demeanor towards her mother.
But that's totally biased, right? Every kit is going to love their mother when they're first born - they give you food! You'll be sweet to anyone that gives you food!
But as time went on and she became a fiery-mouth apprentice who was hard to handle, the clan realized her name didn't fit her at all.
Sweetberry is a cat who will snap at you and then only apologize hours later. She's got a quick tongue that she's not afraid to use.
Her sharp toungue may make her seem unapproachable, but really, Sweetberry loves conversation, and she loves to gossip - alot. She is lithe, quick on her feet and with her words, and can be genuinely mean. But like all the other cats, she does have a sweet side. She can show respect when it's needed, and isn't one to never apologize. She also happens to be a very anxious cat. She is constantly fearing for something, worried something will go wrong, though she never voices these concerns. No way - that would make her seem like she cared.

... Which she really does. But you'll never know that.
[200]

Comfreylight's personality wrote:COMFREYLIGHT is a big bundle of - well. Everything.
In simple terms? He's a big boy.
He likes to eat. Alot.
And he's good at it, too. He can snarf down 3 mice in less than a minute. Fur and all!
And that's precisely why he's not allowed within 10 feet of the offerings pile without supervision.
But he's also a bundle of love, sunshine, happiness, and joy.
He's all smiles when he can be. Ask him to tell you a joke, he'll do it in seconds, even if it's not funny. He's... not funny, actually, ever, but no one can tell him that, because it's the fact he tries so hard to be that makes him funny. He's a big ball of irony.
But he's got heart, and a lot of it, and heart disease, too, probably, because he eats ALOT -
Joking.
Comfreylight is sweet, but he's tough. He can handle himself, and knows reality. He can really hunt, too. Send him out free and he'll bring back 5 mice by their tails in an hour (He caught 11, but only five made it back without being eaten.)
In short, Comfreylight is a loveable goofball who knows his limits (only exception being when he's around food) and is respectful, kind, and - to some degree - intelligent.
Yeah, we'll give him that.
[220]

i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level Ten - Writing

Postby orbiting » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Scene One wrote:The river that you'd have to cross the forest to get too was crystal blue, like it had been touched by a pure, cloudless sky. It moved quietly, running smoothly over pale gray rocks. You could see your reflection in it, but you wouldn't be able too, because once you looked upon the river you wouldn't be able to even think about looking for anything else. Small, silver, lithe fish would swim peacefully in the crystal water and as Shinewing would glance at it, she'd imagine herself as a fish, gliding through water of purity with not a care, being one with the rest and never standing out or worrying about appearance; living an unselfish life with nothing but water both ahead and behind you. When she thought about it, it filled her with deep longing so thick she'd have to stop. It was not right to be jealous of fish.
This was her spot, next to the river on the smooth rock which the sun beamed down on; it wasn't uncommon for other cats to visit it, but it was no one else's place, no one else's but Shinewing's. How she loved having something so beautiful be hers and hers alone to gaze at and dream about. She would never want to leave.
How sacred her place was. It contained her desires. Her deep wants and her inner needs. It was hers only to have, just a place and yet it had become so deeply intimate, and now -
there was someone else in it. Someone who she didn't want to leave.
"This is my favorite place, then," she told him. "Since you asked."
The pair of cats sat beneath the sun in Shinewing's spot, and she looked upon the person she'd just invited into her soul and saw he was smiling.
"It's gorgeous here," Snaketooth was not one for words like this. He was not eloquent or a mastermind at forming sentences. She had expected a nod from him, maybe a, "It's cool." And then they'd move on, because this place wasn't really all that important, anyways, right? And she really wasn't entangled in this place like she thought she was, I mean, what is it, just a stupid river with stupid water and fish and it's boring and ugly and who really cares or wants to see it -
"Shinewing." he pulled her from her thoughts.
"Yes?" She was scared. Her voice told him.
He smiled a smile of reassurance and held her closer with his tail, his scent encapsulating everything she knew.
"This is beautiful. It is absolutely stunning, and I never want to leave." He was soft and accepting, and his breath tickled her nose and chilled the tears in her eyes. "It reminds me of you."
Snaketooth wouldn't ever know it. But he had, in that moment, stolen her completely.
This place was now his by association of the cat who loved him and loved it and all it's splendor,
and Shinewing's heart had finally found it's clear, ever bounding stream,
in the embrace of the cat that just by showing a river too,
now became everything she was.
She leaned into him and absorbed it all. The faint singing of the stream's water flow was drowned out by purrs.
"I have a favorite place, too," Snaketooth said quietly. Shinewing looked to him, into him.
"Really?" She smiled. She wondered if anything he said could be as special as where they were, together, right now.
"It's right here." He looked out across the water slowly, then turned his gaze back to her. "Right here."
He stared into her eyes and she stared into his, and as the river flowed, so did their love, eternal and pounding in each other's chests.

[624]

Scene Two wrote:Beechpaw was nearly bursting with excitement. His first gathering of all four clans in one place. They met in the field behind Whitecave, Pepperflare told him, the hundreds of cats that lived on the shared territories. The leaders would give their announcements, and then afterwards there would be time for all the clans to just be, be one for a few minutes as they talked and shared stories. He felt nervous, aswell, to see some of the cats from his past clan, Springclan. He’d missed them all so terribly, despite having known them for a short time. Ever since he’d gotten the message from Gullstar about the clan’s change, he’d wanted to witness it firsthand. Tonight, he’d get too.
“Calm down, Beechpaw. Your tail is thrashing.” Pepperflare’s voice snapped him out of the jittery headspace he was in. “Sorry. I’m just - I’m so…”
“You’re excited,” his mentor mewed. “I know. I’m excited for you. You’ll be very popular tonight, I’m sure.”
“Are there cats from Springclan you’re excited to see? Any of them that you made friends with when they fled here?” He asked of her.
She thought for a moment. “Aspendawn’s kits, what were their names? Honeykit, Petalkit, and… the last one, uh…”
“Thistlekit. Named after Thistleleg, her mate who gave his life for her.” Beechpaw mewed.
Pepperflare looked at him, and after a while, smiled dotingly. “Yes. Him. They’re all apprentices now,” She sucked in a breath, “So that’s who I’m excited to see. I’m sure they’re all doing well.”
“I can only hope so.” Beechpaw mewed.
Pepperflare thought on something, then shook her head. Whatever doubts she had, she could tell her apprentice after the gathering. She wouldn’t ruin his night before he got to do something he’d been looking forward to for moons.
“Thymestar seems nervous about tonight,” Beechpaw observed.
Pepperflare tried to hide her surprise at the tom’s perceivement.
“He does?”
“I’ve noticed some little things that have seemed off. It’s probably about that Willowclan apprentice.”
Pepperflare’s nose shriveled up. Ever since Snaketooth and Owlpelt had returned from their patrol that day with the news Willowclan apprentices were not only hunting on their land, but also had the nerve to engage in battle with the two warriors, she’d had a bad feeling, a sour taste in her mouth. Whatever would be brought up at the gathering would not be good. Pepperflare prayed Beechpaw’s first gathering wouldn’t go south on him.
“Whatever it is, we’ll find out soon.”

i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me