Summitfall Pride | Writing | DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Prompt D2 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Sekhmet curled her tail up in amusement as Hera bounded across the clearing, chasing Ravah. "Get out of here, intruder!" the little mottled gray cub squealed, her tail held straight up like a flag.

Ravah leaped onto the pile of large stones beside their family's den. "Umber! A little help here!"

A cub with dark brown legs, ears, and tail bounded out of his hiding place inside the den mouth. "I'm coming!" he cried, leaping onto Hera's back. Hera let out a squeak as she and Umber tumbled to the ground, rolling. Hera wrestled for the advantage and pinned her brother's shoulders down with her forepaws.

"Ha! Nice try, intruder!" she said.

Sekhmet's tail-tip flicked happily as she watched the little cub playing with her brothers. Even though she was the only female in their litter, she was nowhere near daunted by her brothers' size. Carob, Umber, and Ravah had inherited their father's broad shoulders and tall stature, while Hera had her mother's wiry build.

Hera was definitely the spunkiest of the four. Ibis insisted that the little gray cub was the spitting image of Sekhmet when she was that age. She was already practicing hunting, stalking grasshoppers that strayed into the camp's clearing.

Carob was a quieter cub, like his father. He preferred to assist Tupelo in his den rather than get into play-fights with his siblings. Tupelo was glad for the extra help; he had often come over to Sekhmet and talked to her about training Carob to be a healer rather than a hunter.

Ravah was a born fighter. He loved to initiate mock battles with his littermates, and if it came down to brute strength, he would always win.

Umber wasn't as strong or fast as his siblings, but he was definitely smart. He had seemingly mastered the art of getting himself stuck in the most precarious positions while trying to reach some new insect or leaf. Thankfully, Sekhmet and Pebble seemed to have broken him of the habit for now, but earlier, Pebble had had to stay in camp for weeks to keep an eye on the young lion.

Sekhmet was brought back to the present by Ibis coming over to sit beside her. The two lionesses watched the cubs play for a moment, then Ibis broke the silence.

"So, I've been wanting to talk to you," Ibis began, shifting her paws awkwardly. "You know that cub that Tupelo and I found?"

"Yes." Sekhmet remembered a couple days before when Ibis had returned, carrying an orphan cub in her mouth. It had been taken straight to Tupelo's den to be taken care of, but rumors had spread around the camp in the following hours. "Have you two decided what you're going to do with it?"

Ibis took a deep breath and nodded. "Tanger and I are going to adopt it and raise it as our own."

"Ibis, that's wonderful!" Sekhmet nuzzled her sister fondly. "We always talked about being mothers at the same time!"

Ibis grinned at the memory. "I remember you insisting that you didn't want to be a mother," she reminisced.

Sekhmet laughed. "Well, that's certainly changed!" 526 words

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt E5 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:01 pm

The pride had always been kind to Ibis. Since Sekhmet had found her in the wilderness and claimed her as her sister, Ibis had been raised as a lioness of the Summitfall Pride. Even though no one knew who she was, or where she had come from, she had been immediately accepted by everyone. They had offered her encouragement and support, and she was grateful to them for that. She just wished that she could find some way to pay their kindness forward.

Ibis sniffed around the base of a rock, searching for the tangy scent that Tupelo told her belonged to mallowroot, a healing plant. She had volunteered to go out with Tupelo when he asked for someone to assist him with herb-gathering; now Ibis wondered if she would have been better off hunting instead.

Suddenly a distant cry reached her ears. Ibis stood up, instantly alert. "Did you hear that?" she asked Tupelo, who was a few feet away.

He shook his head, but as soon as the cry came again he glanced around. "You're right; that sounds like a cub."

Ibis, filled with the protective spirit of a mother, instantly sprinted toward the source of the cries. If a cub was in trouble, she couldn't leave knowing it needed help.

As she rounded a corner, she found a cub standing right near the edge of the river that ran through Summitfall Pride's territory. It squealed in terror again as a crocodile advanced on it. The crocodile opened its jaws menacingly, walking forward.

Ibis didn't even stop to think. She hared down the slope and made a flying leap at the crocodile, jaws opened in a roar. It let out a hiss as she crashed into it and wrapped her forepaws around its head. It thrashed underneath her grip, and its tail whipped up and whacked her spine, causing her to let out a yowl of pain. She pinned it down and raked her claws across its snout. It wriggled free of her grasp and slipped into the river with a last hiss of fury.

Ibis stood there for a moment, panting. Her spine hurt from the blow, but otherwise she was relatively unharmed.

She looked over at the cub. The poor thing was wailing for its mother, paws over its eyes and tail curled around its body.

Ibis felt a rush of compassion for the small creature. Was this how she had looked when she had been found as a cub? Crying and alone, scared that some predator would come and devour her? The little cub was so skinny, she could count each of its ribs underneath its thin pelt. Poor little scrap.

She scooped up the cub by its scruff. It squealed for a moment in terror, but then its voice dropped to small whimpers.

Tupelo arrived a moment later. "You ran off without me. I seriously thought you were going to-" He stopped midsentence, staring at Ibis astonishedly. "My word, Ibis, is that a cub?"

Ibis nodded and gestured toward camp. She couldn't speak while holding the small cub.

They made good time in their travel. The cub had fallen silent, and now was starting to shiver from the wind that blew across the savannah.

As soon as Ibis came into the camp, she saw Sekhmet playing with one of her cubs, Ravah. Sekhmet looked up at Ibis, and her expression changed from playful to confused. "Ibis, what?" she began, but Ibis was too busy to reply.

She dropped into the nest in Tupelo's den and curled protectively around the small cub. Tupelo came inside with a soaked ball of moss in his jaws. He helped the little cub drink, then gave it a couple of thyme leaves for the shock.

He left after that to take care of Umber's injuries. The young lion had fallen out of a tree whilst trying to reach a feather that had gotten caught in the branches, and he was a little banged up from the fall.

Ibis stayed behind, grooming the cub. It soon curled up against her belly and fell fast asleep, its head dangling over her forepaw.

Ibis felt a rush of love for the young one. This was the one way that she could repay Summitfall Pride's kindness: raising this young orphan as her own. 722 words

you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Home Together | Breeding Piece for Tanger and Ibis

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Tanger ducked into the shaded den where his mate lay. Ever since she had brought a little cub home from out in the territory, she had kept watch over it day and night. Ibis hadn't left its side, refusing to leave the little one on its own.

He saw Ibis tucked into a nest in the corner. Tupelo wasn't there; he was probably out gathering herbs somewhere.

She lifted her head sleepily as Tanger padded over to her. "Hey," she greeted him. "How was hunting?"

"Good," he answered. He and Pebble had been able to take down a gazelle together. Tanger could hear Sekhmet's cubs arguing over who got the tenderest bit, and then the squeaks and hisses of a mock battle.

He leaned down to groom the fur on top of her head. "You really have to come out sometime," he said between licks. "You can't stay holed up in here forever."

"I'm not going to stay in here forever." Ibis looked down at the small cub curled up against her belly. "I'm just staying here until it's strong enough to be okay without me."

Tanger cocked his head to the side. "Looks fine to me."

Ibis shook her head and laughed. "You would say that; you're a male."

They both shared a quiet moment of amusement. Tanger realized she was right; he didn't know the first thing about raising cubs. Although, neither did she, not having any of her own...

He shuffled his paws uncertainly on the ground. Should he ask her the question now?

It was Ibis who broke the silence. "Tanger... I've been thinking..."

Tanger snapped his head upright. "You have?" he asked, trying to hide his surprise.

Ibis nodded. "I've noticed that this little one is going to need some playmates. I was thinking... just maybe..."

"Do you want to have cubs of our own?" Tanger cut straight to the chase. He needed to know what her intentions were.

There was a moment of silence, and Tanger wondered if he had gone too quick. Darn it!

He was just about to say that he agreed when Ibis cut him off. "I do," she answered honestly. "I really, really do."

Tanger felt his heart swell with pride. "Really?"

"Yes, really," Ibis said. "Until then, though, this little one will have to settle for playing with Sekhmet's cubs."

"Don't let Ravah get close. He'll be trying to test this little one's skill in battle as soon as it's able to play," Tanger joked.

"I think Umber will be a good playmate," Ibis said thoughtfully. "He seems less battle-focused."

"I really hope we have a female cub, though. It'd be good for Hera to have another girl to play with," Tanger reasoned.

He had another thought. "How do you think Sekhmet's going to react when you tell her?"

"It's settled then? We're really going to have a litter of our own?" Ibis stared up at him with round eyes.

Tanger nuzzled his mate's shoulder. "Yes."

Ibis laughed. "I think she'll be thrilled. She'll probably proclaim the news to the entire pride."

"Sounds like Sekhmet," Tanger said.

Ibis looked down at the orphan cub. "I think this little one will be lucky to have some littermates."

Tanger settled down beside Ibis. "I, for one, can't wait to meet our little ones."

Ibis nodded. "Me too." 558 words

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt C5 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:51 am

Leader
The leader of the pride has a very important role. They are in charge of keeping everyone in the pride safe, from the youngest cub to the oldest elder. They are also in charge of disciplining their subordinates. In new prides, the founder becomes leader. In prides that have been around for generations, traditionally the leader's offspring takes over the role of leadership. The heir is trained from birth to follow in his/her parent's pawsteps. If the leader feels his/her offspring is unfit to take over the role of leader, he/she may choose another lion in his/her cub's stead.

Leader's Mate
The leader's mate is more than just a flowery title. He or she helps the leader make decisions and discipline pride-members, as well as being an active hunter. He/she may be anyone the leader chooses to be his/her mate.

Lead Hunter
The lead hunter takes care of most things. He/she acts as a second-in-command for the pride, dealing with sending out hunting parties, making sure young lions receive proper training before becoming full hunters, and so on. He/she usually trains young lions in fighting and hunting skills along with their trainers. The next lead hunter is chosen based on a lion's hunting and fighting skills, as well as their loyalty to the pride.

Hunter
Hunters form the main population of the pride. If a young lion doesn't want to become a healer, they become a hunter instead. Hunters are trained to fight and hunt, though their trainers usually throw in a few extra tricks. Hunters train future hunters in their ways, showing them all the skills they've learned. When female hunters (usually referred to as 'huntresses') have cubs, they usually take five to six moons off their duties to raise their cubs (though they'll join hunting parties when the cub-watcher can watch their cubs).

Healer
While hunters are seen as the fighting force of the pride, the real fighting force is the healer. A healer treats the pride's wounds and illnesses, as well as helping them with emotional problems. Healers use herbal remedies, which means that they have to go out and gather said herbs. It's a big job, but an important one. If a cub is interested in becoming a healer, he/she will receive training from the current healer. The healer will teach the cub how to treat every type of wound, from cuts to bruises to life-threatening wounds. He/she also teaches the cub how to heal lions' minds.

Cub-watcher
Cub-watchers are lions that watch over cubs so their mothers can go hunt. They are typically lionesses, though lions are accepted for the job as well. Cub-watchers serve as part-time hunters when there are no cubs in the pride.

Cub
Cubs are the youngest members of the pride, aging anywhere from newborns to seven-moon-olds. They join the hunters or healers when their parents deem them ready for pride life. Cubs are rambunctious young lions, and they often get into scrapes out of sheer curiosity.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt C16 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:58 am

In every pride, there is someone to take care of the young. And in the Summitfall Pride, that's Tanger.

Tanger wasn't originally going to be a cub-watcher. But his failed attempts at hunting (attacking a lion's rump, thinking it was that of a zebra) and healing (almost poisoning a lion) had convinced Yang that Tanger wasn't able to contribute to the pride, and should therefore be cast out. Tanger wasn't ready to give up his place in the pride, and he tried everything he could think of to prove that he belonged.

Unfortunately, nothing seemed to work. But just as Tanger was about to give up and accept exile, he was drawn into a game of hide-and-seek with Sekhmet, Yang's daughter. Tanger discovered a hidden passion for taking care of the cubs, and he presented the idea of a cub-watcher to Yang. Yang was a bit surprised at the unorthodox idea, but he agreed to give it a try, since he really didn't want to send Tanger away.

Tanger became the Summitfall Pride's cub-watcher that day. Now he takes care of every cub in the pride, teaching them battle moves and how to stalk butterflies. All the cubs love Tanger, and with all his previous experience, Tanger feels ready to take care of a litter of his own. 218 words

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt B15 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:03 am

Yang has mixed feelings about his former pridemates. His childhood in the Okame Pride was a good one, though he still feels bitter toward his father, Okame.

Okame was always so prideful. He would half-compliment Yang, turning the other half around into praise for himself. Yang tried everything he could think of to please his father, but overbearing Okame seemed to never think that Yang was strong enough to lead. This led Yang to strike out on his own, and though he was sad to leave Subira, he was never remorseful about leaving Okame.

Pebble, however, was a different story. He followed Yang out to the current territory and refused to go back to Okame Pride. He wanted to stay with Yang no matter what, for which Yang was extremely grateful. As a young lion, he had been a bit lonely when he had left everyone he had known. Now he had someone from his past with him. And Pebble was certainly thriving now. Yang had been honored to let Pebble take Sekhmet as his mate, and now Yang had four grandcubs which kept his paws full indeed. 188 words

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt C8 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:10 am

Cubs, the youngest members of the pride, are often treated differently as they age.

0-1 moons Cubs usually stay in their den and are told stories from their parents. Pride-members are gentle when addressing the young ones and take care not to anger their parents with wayward comments.

2-3 moons Cubs play and learn together. Pride-members like to step in and give them little tips, like "The tail's that way," or, "Try putting your paws here." The cubs enjoy receiving praise from their superiors and try their best to impress them.

4-5 moons Cubs are taught battle skills and are generally accepted as healers or hunters at this age. They are typically treated with respect and honor when they move past cub games and start taking on pride duties.

6 moons. If a cub is still considered a cub at this point, even though they are of the age to become a healer or hunter, they are often still treated as younglings. Of course, he/she hates the indignation of being talked down to, and they often try to go off on 'quests' to prove their worth. 195 words

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A4 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:10 am

Summitfall Pride is allied with multiple prides around their borders. When the pride was first founded, Yang realized that it was better to befriend their neighbors rather than make enemies of them, so he ventured to the pride's camps to have peace talks with each of their leaders.

The Pride of Wikimak
When Azure wandered into Wikimak territory on accident, he was captured and taken to their camp. They sent a message to Yang informing him of his hunter's trespassing. Yang immediately headed over to the pride's camp and freed Azure, giving Alosaka the explanation he was due. Alosaka agreed to let Azure go, and Yang and Azure quickly headed back to Summitfall Pride territory without any issue.

Of course, like any story, this wasn't the end of the dealings with the Pride of Wikimak. It turned out that Azure had fallen for the lioness that had captured him, Anamosa. He traveled to Wikimak's border every week for moons to see her. It was hidden from Yang for a little while, but no secret will stay secret forever. Sekhmet noticed that Azure had been missing frequently one day, and she followed him to the Pride of Wikimak. She didn't say anything to her father, however, but decided to keep searching on her own. Sekhmet hid in the rockfall one night and happened to see Azure bounding up with Anamosa at his side. With concrete evidence, she told her father about what had been going on with Azure. Yang was unconcerned, however, and talked to Azure. Yang told him that he had decided to let Azure keep his cross-pride mate, though he would have to work hard to prove that he was loyal to the pride as well.

Yang knew, however, that Alosaka would likely not be as forgiving. He traveled to Wikimak's camp to talk with Alosaka about what had been going on and requested a peace treaty between then. Alosaka agreed, and the two prides have been allies since.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt D4 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Piece for Azure and Anamosa | RP posts

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:42 am

It was a day like any other within the large redwood forests of the Wikimak pride. The majority of the pride were doing their own duties. The Kwahu were hunting, the tamatama were collecting, and the insoniti were guarding. The tolorolla, however, were wandering around, collecting herbs and plants from their little 'farms' they had about the forest. Of course, when they were a distance away, they were obligated to go with an insoniti. So, when the duo of Anamosa and Haiwee decided to go and look over their herbs, they were required to take an insoniti with... which so happened to be Jehozadak.

The two tolorolla were out in the general area where their plants were growing, and the two seemed to be picking through leaves and caring for their plants. "Make sure any of the dead huckleberry leaves are pulled, Haiwee. And make sure to put them around the bush itself. They can act as compost, to help it grow."

"Yes, mother." Haiwee would reply, soon wandering over to the large bush and beginning to pull off the brown, curled up leaves. Her mother, meanwhile, seemed to be working on some globe sedge.

Jehozadak, on the other hand, seemed to just watch the two from a short distance, ultimately just settling down within a cozy patch of grass, content just to watch and guard the two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azure quickened his pace as he saw the distant line of redwoods come into view. He paused and glanced back, watching his smoky gray-furred daughter pick her way across a hill five yards back.

“Come on,” he snorted impatiently. “When I told you I wanted to go visit your mother, I meant to see her today.}

Tinder narrowed her eyes as she pulled up beside him. “You didn’t have to drag me along, you know.”

Azure’s voice grew tender. “I thought you deserved the chance to see your sister.”

Tinder nuzzled her father. “Honestly, I’m glad you brought me. It’ll be good to catch up with Haiwee and see how she’s doing.”

The pair started off again toward the forest. Azure felt excitement fizz in his paws as he thought about seeing his mate and daughter again.

“So, are you going to play that ‘find the berry’ game you played with Haiwee last time?” Azure asked, trying to make light conversation as they traveled.

“Dad!” Tinder sounded embarrassed. “That’s a cub game, and I’m not a cub anymore.”

Azure looked his daughter over. She was certainly right about that. She was as big as he was, and she’s had grown into her previously-oversized amber eyes. Tinder was turning into quite the beautiful young lioness.

“Y’know, I hear that Umber likes you.” Azure gave his daughter a sly grin. “You think I should introduce Haiwee to Ravah? You guys could have a double-wedding.”

Tinder flicked her tail over Azure’s nose. “No way!”

They both laughed as they drew close to he edge of the forest.

~~~~~~

When the two seemed to come to the edge of the forest, Jeho perked, soon reaching up to sniff at the air. He had heard it... the sound of others. Lions but... but certainly not lions of their own pride. But they smelled familiar. Hm... He just couldn't put a paw on it. He'd remain still for the time being, though, content just to watch the girls as they worked.

Of course, neither of them knew of the planned visit Azure and Tinder had planned. They were blissfully unaware and continued work as usual.

But Anamosa's thoughts weren't often far from her mate. She did miss him very much, some times more so than others. When the cubs were born she had only wished that he was there with her, and when he had taken a cub for himself to raise, she was rather saddened... but it was something they had only agreed on. Even now she wondered where he was and how he was doing... and how Tinder was doing. She hadn't seen her since she was a young cub. Haiwee hadn't even seen her since then, either.

And, to be honest, Haiwee remembered very little of her sister. She remembered the fun they had once had, but she didn't remember much else. It had been quite a while... But she didn't seem very bothered by the fact they were separated. She understood now, why it had been done.

"I'm done, mother." Haiwee called, soon trotting over to her mother to come and help with the globe sedge. They had plenty of it. They'd work and tend to the other plants as well, content and quiet within their work.

~~~~~~

Tinder peered into the shade of the redwoods. “Well? Do we go in?”

Azure nodded, and they crossed over the border into the forest.

~~~~~~

They'd probably have to travel a bit, because the entire forest wasn't exactly Wikimak territory. They lived within the large forest, but the main territory was quite a jaunt into the forest. But, thankfully, Anamosa and Haiwee were a good distance away from the territory.

It was only when he could really begin to hear their pawsteps that Jehozadak's gaze narrowed, he soon rising to his paws and nodding to the ladies who did their work. "I hear pawsteps. I'm going to go investigate. I won't be too far, ladies." He'd give with a cordial nod, soon beginning to wander toward the direction of pawsteps. Who was this? And why did they smell familiar?

Haiwee and Anamosa just nodded to the insoniti and would just go back to their work.

~~~~~~

Azure was just about to say something witty in reply to Tinder's comment when Tinder suddenly stopped short. She glanced around, scanning the underbrush. "Did you hear that?" she asked, turning warily in a circle.

Azure shook his head and followed his daughter's lead. They continued on in silence, glancing around them.

~~~~~~

It wouldn't be long after they had continued for a while that Jeho would catch sight of them behind one of the much larger redwoods. Oddly colored eyes watched them for a moment before he ultimately decided to make himself known, he soon wandering out from his little hiding spot and puffing out his chest slightly. "Howdy." He'd give nonchalantly, a thick, Southern drawl plaguing his words has he spoke. He'd slowly wander over to them, looking them over a moment before begging the question. "What are y'all doin' 'round these parts? Passin' through? Or are you looking for somebody?" He'd beg. While his voice was mostly casual, he did have his of curiosity as he begged such a question. "If you don't mind my askin'."

~~~~~~

Azure dipped his head to the insoniti. "Greetings, insoniti. I traveled here with my daughter Tinder to visit Anamosa and Haiwee."

Tinder stepped forward. "I wanted to see my sister."

~~~~~~

Upon hearing the greeting, the insoniti nodded, pleasantly surprised to hear the male call him by his proper rank. He must've been around before, then. That would make sense. Once he spoke of visiting Anamosa and Haiwee, oddly colored eyes widened at that, and his gaze looked upon the one, apparently named Tinder, that stepped forward and spoke. A soft smirk appeared on the older male then, he soon lashing a tail behind him. "I see why you smelled so familiar. Come on, then. I'll take you to see them. You're lucky today. I was put in charge of watching those two." He'd give, soon motioning them to follow. He'd lead them back to the two females, if no other discussion was brought up.

"Anamosa, Haiwee. Y'all have some company." Jeho would call out as they came amidst the two's small garden. The mother daughter duo perked in unison at the mention of company, and Anamosa's eyes widened at the sight of her mate. She was quick to drop the herbs in her maw and would quickly run over to the familiar face. "Azure!" She'd call out happily, running into him and nuzzling into his mane. "Azure, how I've missed you, my love... why don't you come to see me more often?" She'd beg with a soft, indignant huff.

Haiwee, on the other hand, seemed to follow her mother a moment, although at a distance. The younger's colorful eyes looked upon the two a moment or two, but her eyes seemed to linger on the darker female... She knew her, right? ...She did! "Tinder? Is that you?" She'd beg with a soft bewilderment in her voice.

Jehozadak ultimately wandered a distance away, settling close by one of the numerous redwoods around, content to just let the family have their time together.

~~~~~~

"Oh, Anamosa, I've missed you so much," Azure said, nuzzling his mate. It was so good to see her again, after being separated for so long. "I'm sorry that I didn't come sooner; I've been busy with pride life."

He touched his nose to hers, feeling happier than he had in a long time.

Tinder, however, inched closer to Haiwee. "Haiwee?"

~~~~~~

Anamosa purred softly as she felt him nuzzle into her, and she'd soon look to him a moment once he spoke of pride life. She could definitely understand, and that understanding seemed to show in the lights of her eyes. She'd gently huff once she felt his nose touch hers, and she'd opt to lick his muzzle shortly after, her tail happily swishing behind her. A small smile was upon her maw as she looked to her mate, then to the familiar face close by. "I see you brought Tinder. How has she been? ...How have you been?" Seemed she wished to know. She hadn't seen Tinder since the cubs were separated. She had grown into quite the young lioness.

Haiwee blinked once her name was spoken, and she quickly padded over to her sister once she saw her inch closer. "You... You look so different." She'd observe, looking over the lioness. She didn't remember much of their cubhood, unfortunately, but seemed to recollect the looks at least... and, of course, looks tend to change amidst growth. "Um... Hi." She'd greet shyly.

~~~~~~

"Tinder's been great," Azure purred. "She has all the toms padding after her in our home pride. She's turning into quite the young huntress."

Tinder shuffled her paws awkwardly. "So... do you have a mate yet?"

~~~~~~

A soft huff came from Anamosa as she heard her mate purr, and she could only chuckle as he spoke of the young lioness's popularity among the males. "I'm glad to hear she's enjoying hunting at least... Although I want you to make sure any mate she decides to further see is a good one. If I ever decide to come over there and find something I don't like, I will speak my mind." She'd give seriously, with a teasing hint. She was, indeed, serious... but she was quite confident Azure wouldn't do such a thing.

Haiwee blinked at that, soon sitting down a moment before blinking at that question. She shook her head shortly after. "No." She'd give. "...Do you?"

~~~~~~

Azure nuzzled her again. “I know you will.”

They enjoyed a small moment of silence together.

“Ew, no!” Tinder purred. “I don’t have time for a mate yet.”

Then an awkward silence ensued. “So, do you want to play find the berry?” Tinder asked.

~~~~~~

Anamosa was more than content to remain in silence with Azure, she soon settling next to him, a soft purr consistently coming from her as she did so.

Haiwee could only giggle at Tinder's response, but soon just remained in the awkward silence for a little while longer. At the question of such a game, Haiwee could only giggle once more. "We could... but there are no berries at this time of year." She'd reply with a small smile. "Unless you can find some berries somewhere, or something a lot like a berry." She'd state with a small shrug.

~~~~~~

"Well, what is there we could play with?" Tinder cocked her head to the side. "Do you have stones here? Or hazelnuts?" She wrinkled her nose. "Actually, disregard that last one. I was just reminded of a time when I played a game of hide-the-hazelnut with Ravah. Little did I know that he had stuck it completely in his mouth before he hid it!"

~~~~~~

The older female was more than content to watch their young ones interact, glad to see they didn't seem to sense any caution toward each other. It had definitely been a while since they had last seen each other.

"Oh, um... We have stones." Haiwee replied, soon wincing slightly at the mention of her game with Ravah. How gross... although it made her wonder who this Ravah was. She shrugged at the thought but ultimately rose to her paws and wandered over to a tree nearby, digging around some before pulling out a smooth stone from the moss-covered ground. She'd take it in her maw and wander back over to her sister, soon placing the stone at Tinders paws before wandering a distance away. "What are we going to do with the stone? Catch it or hide it? Or something else?" She'd beg curiously.

~~~~~~

"Well, how about I hide it, and you try to find it?" Tinder suggested. When Haiwee nodded, she grabbed the stone in her jaws and wandered a little ways away. She crouched down and buried it in the midst of a patch of ferns, then stood up. She headed back over to where Haiwee was waiting and nudged her sister. "Alright, go ahead!"

xxImage