VOK prompt storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

P2 - Caden

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:38 am

dark river pride
Write 3 positive traits about your lion, and 3 negative ones
P2
50 exp

Positive
hard working, friendly, strong willed

Negative
stubborn, hot headed, easily distracted
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P2 - Dione

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 am

dark river pride
P2
50 exp

Positive
natural leader, smart, caring

Negative
overly prideful, stubborn, impulsive
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P2 - Garrick

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:47 am

dark river pride
P2
50 exp

Positive
friendly, caring, loyal

Negative
stubborn, sensitive, easily discouraged
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S25

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:55 am

dark river pride
Using this generator, (or another if you prefer), generate a fake instagram post your lion would have posted. Include a drawn profile image, a small description, who would have liked the post. The actual post (image) can be drawn, or just a photo that you took yourself or is free use.
S25
two points

epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S19 - Caden

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:29 am

dark river pride
Draw a growth chart of your lion.
S19
two points

epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D5 - Caden

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:38 am

dark river pride
Draw art of any member of your pride
D5
90 exp

+25 exp base exp
+25 exp 700x700 head shot
+15 exp pixel art
+25 exp simple background

epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D5 - Umaiza

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:22 am

dark river pride
Draw art of any member of your pride
D5
90 exp

+25 exp base exp
+25 exp 700x700 head shot
+15 exp pixel art
+25 exp simple background

epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S4

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:10 pm

dark river pride
Write about one lion’s feelings towards parenthood. What do they want for their cubs? What are their fears and worries? How do they discipline their little ones when they misbehave? What would make them proud of them? Or disappointed?
S4
[571/500]
two points

Amaya rested her head on her paws, letting out a long sigh. She wasn't ready to have cubs. She had just become queen, and she made the mistake to fall in love with a lion who didn't even truly love her. Once she had told him she was bearing his cubs, he left her, refusing to help her raise them. Now, she was alone. Because of her choice, she had drifted apart from her closest friend, Russet.

The queen sighed, closing her eyes. "I don't think I'm going to be a good mother," She whispered to herself.

To start off, she didn't even know what mothers were supposed to do! How was she supposed to discipline her child? Her father had always been harsh with her, forcing her to do exhausting tasks and sometimes even making her skip meals. She knew he loved her, but he was tough and strict. Amaya didn't want to be a strict mother. But if she wasn't a strict mother, would her cubs turn out rebellious and disrespectful? How would she know what behaviors were normal for a growing cub, and what weren't?

She wasn't close enough with any of the other mothers, so she felt embarrassed to ask them for advice. The queen looked down at her swollen stomach, sighing. How could she learn to love cubs that she didn't even want? It would make a difference if their father decided to stick around and help her raise them. But she was alone. She had lost her best friend and she had made a mistake because she was blinded with love.

"Amaya?" A voice pulled the dark furred lioness out of her thoughts.

She lifted her head to see who had called her name. Russet was standing at the entrance of the nursery, looking down. Her green eyes were soft, and Amaya felt her stomach tie in a knot. She felt so guilty.

"Russet-" She began, but she was quickly cut off.

"There's no need to apologize, I'm not upset," Russet said, padding over to her. "My main concern is you. How are you holding up?"

"To be entirely honest, I'm not doing so well," Amaya confessed.

"I know it's rough right now, but we're going to get through this together," Russet told her, her eyes full of kindness. "I'll help you raise your cubs. I'll be by your side the whole time"

"Thank you so much," Amaya breathed out, rubbing her cheek against Russet's. "You don't know how much that means to me. That's just what I needed to hear. I've been so anxious."

"Anxious about what?" Russet asked, tilting her head.

:About being a good mother," She replied.

"I don't doubt for one second that you'll be a good mother," Russet purred, smiling. "You overthink things, Amaya. Relax."

"So you think I'll be a good mother?" Amaya asked, her voice wavering.

"I'm absolutely positive you will," The calico lioness responded. "I'll stay with you here in the nursery until your cubs are born. When you need to get a breath of fresh air or need to stretch your legs, I'll stay here with your cubs."

Amaya wanted to believe Russet, but after the cubs' father had just up and left after making so many promises, she was wary. As her mind battled on whether she should trust Russet or not, she stared at the ground.

"Okay," Amaya said softly. "You promise?"

"I promise."
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S7 - Russet

Postby epilogue » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:48 pm

dark river pride
Choose a song, and write or draw an in-depth breakdown of how it applies to your lion and their life, story, relationship,ect . You can break it up by lines, sections, ect
S7
[1281/1000]
four points

sparks - coldplay

Did I drive you away
Despite being calm on the outside, Russet is full of anxiety. She often fears that everyone she loves is going to leave her and she's extremely insecure about it. On top of that, she's very insecure about her appearance, often feeling like she's not as beautiful as the other lionesses.

I know what you'll say
Russet is always there for others, but not everyone is always there for her. Comforting people is never a two way street for her. She gives so much to others, but rarely ever gets anything back. As a cub, Russet craved attention and affection, but she rarely got it. She thought that if she opened her heart to others, she would receive love back, but that isn't always the case.

You say, oh, sing one we know
Russet's whole life revolved around empty promises from her father, who was rarely around. She became withdrawn and introverted because of the lack of attention growing up. Her mother died when she was a very young cub, so she grew up with her father only. The two were polar opposites.

But I promise you this
Russet never makes empty promises unlike her father. Her goal is to never break a promise, and to be better than him in every way possible. He always promised that he would take her out to hunt, or he would play a game with her. But then whenever she asked him to do the things he promised, he always brushed her off and put it back.

I'll always look out for you
Ever since she was young, Russet knew she could rely on Amaya. The two were each other's support. They were always looking out for each other. Whenever Russet was upset, Amaya was right by her side every step of the way. When Amaya was upset, Russet did the same. Russet was there for her when she was pregnant with her first litter.

That's what I'll do
Russet vowed to Amaya that she would never leave her side. The two have been inseparable all their lives, and neither of them plan on changing this. Even when they were just friends and not mates, the two never wanted to be apart. They both cared for each other so deeply.

I say oh
Russet often feels like everything she says goes over everyone's heads. She feels like she's speaking to the void, like no one is listening to her. She thinks that everything she says is stupid and is worthless. Russet often thinks that her opinion isn't valid, and that no one wants to listen to her talk.

I say oh
Russet feels like no one understands what she says. Because of this insecurity, she tends to keep her talking to a minimum. She doesn't want to annoy anyone either. She feels like she's a burden on everyone around her, especially Amaya. The calico lioness learned to bottle up and hide her emotions when she was younger.

My heart is yours
Russet is deeply in love with Amaya, and the thought of being with anyone else is unimaginable to her. Her heart belongs to Amaya, and it always will. Amaya is the only lioness that has never hurt Russet. Russet trusts her deeply, and cares about her more than she cares about anything else.

It's you that I hold on to
Russet goes to Amaya for support. Amaya is one of the only lions who ever gave Russet support and comfort back. Instead of bottling up her feelings like she did when she was young, she vents to Amaya. Amaya is always there to listen. If Russet needs a shoulder to cry on, Amaya will stop what she's doing immediately and comfort Russet.

That's what I do
Russet always needs constant reassurance, even if she doesn't like to admit it. She's very insecure on the inside, and always wants to make sure she's doing the right thing. She doesn't want to mess up, and she's a bit of a perfectionist sometimes. When she was younger, she was always trying to impress her father so he would pay attention to her.

And I know I was wrong
Russet often feels like every bad thing is her fault. As a young lioness, she often got into fights with her father, further distancing the two. In her older years, she now regrets not getting closer to him. Sometimes, Russet blames herself for his death, even though it was obviously not her fault. She feels guilty about not telling him she loved him before he died.

But I won't let you down
Russet swears to herself that she's never going to hurt Amaya, and that it's the last thing she'll do. She never wants to cause harm to the love of her life.

(Oh yeah, yeah, yes I will)
Despite never wanting to cause Amaya harm, Russet feels like she's always a burden to her mate. She gets frustrated with herself if she vents too much. She feels like she worries Amaya too much and stresses her out. Of course she doesn't, but that doesn't stop her from feeling this way.

I say oh
Amaya often tries to reassure Russet, but the calico lioness is so trapped in her insecurities that it's hard to pull her out of her thoughts and bring her to a stable mindset sometimes. Russet will get so trapped in her thoughts that she'll space out and begin to freak out.

I cry oh
Despite being able to open up to Amaya, Russet still finds it hard sometimes. She would rather bottle up her emotions and issues than bother Amaya and make her worry. Amaya is the most important lion to her, and she doesn't want her to worry about her. Amaya already has to worry about keeping the pride safe, and Russet feels as though she's just adding on to her mate's stressful life.

And I saw sparks
When Russet confessed her feelings to Amaya, she felt like there was a fire ignited deep in her soul. She had no idea how the other lioness would respond, especially since the two were childhood friends. Both love and anxiety filled the calico lioness, and she didn't want to damage the relationship between her and Amaya.

Yeah I saw sparks
Russet was beyond shocked when Amaya confessed that she had mutual feelings. The fire inside her soul grew and grew, thanks to Amaya's love. She thought she was dreaming at first. The lioness of her dreams had just confessed her mutual feelings of love to her. Was it real?

And I saw sparks
Russet feels like every day her love for Amaya grows more and more. She wants to spend every one of her waking moments with the queen, even though she's often busy. Russet plans to grow old with Amaya, and support her every single day. Russet is what keeps Amaya going some days.

Yeah I saw sparks
The best part of Russet's life was starting a family with Amaya. All her life she wanted to be a mother, and when she met Amaya, she wanted to form a family with the lioness. She promised to help Amaya raise her first litter, and she kept that promise. Then they had two more litters together with a surrogate father.

Sing it out
Amaya and Russet are attached at the hip. Russet's world revolves around Amaya and her happiness, and she couldn't ask for a better mate to be by her side until the end of the world. Amaya is so strong and happy because Russet is there to support her. Neither of them know what they would do without each other.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

E5 - 1/13/20

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:46 am

dark river pride
A new cub was found straggling about in the wilderness, how did your lions find them and what do they do with it?
[702/700]
E5
can complete again: 2/13/20

Water bubbled and slid against the rocks in the river, making a peaceful and soft song. Naida was resting beside the shore, her tail tip curling slowly in content. The warm sun felt good on her thick fur, and she blinked her blind eyes happily. Birds sang along in harmony with the babbling river.

"Ugh, Naida," An annoyed voice grumbled from farther down the river. "I can't find any moss. Can't you get up and help me instead of sunning yourself?"

"I'm blind, Panacaea," Naida answered back, chuckling. "Besides, you're my pupil, you should be working. Its good experience for you, my dear."

Naida heard Panacaea walking through the water, making loud splashing sounds. Obviously, she was having a rough time walking through the water at her normal pace.

"Pana, my dear, you're disturbing the flow of the water," Naida commented softly to her apprentice. "You're interrupting nature's song. Stomp around less like a wounded bear and try to walk with the flow of the river."

"Uhm, Naida, I can't just walk with the flow of the river when I'm walking against the current," Panacaea informed her mentor.

"You're such a delight," Naida purred. "This is why I chose you as my pupil, you have so much spirit inside of you."

"And you are weird," Panacaea jabbed back playfully. "I can see how you and my mother are related. You both are the strangest lionesses to walk the earth."

An ear splitting wail erupted from down the river, and both Panacaea and Naida jumped in surprise. Panacaea blinked in disbelief. What on earth had made that terrible sound?

It was almost as though Naida could read her mind, because before Panacaea knew it, her mentor had gotten up off of the ground and was standing beside her.

"Well, shall we go and investigate?" The grey striped lioness suggested.

"It wouldn't hurt to go and look," Panacaea responded, shrugging her shoulders.

The two lionesses began to walk down the river, side by side. Panacaea could faintly see something struggling to keep its head above water. Instantly, the lioness left her mentor's side, and dashed over to the struggling shape. The thing was obviously small, but Panacaea couldn't make out what it was because of its excessive thrashing. Quickly, the young lioness scooped up the flailing thing, and plopped it onto the shore. If it was prey, it sure was an easy catch. But she didn't believe it was prey, it was much too big for that. The spotted grey lioness bent down and sniffed the wet lump of fur.

Naida joined her, panting. The older lioness had to run to catch up with her apprentice. Had Panacaea really run that far? She must have. Naida tilted her head in confusion.

"It's a cub," Panacaea explained. "A lion cub."

"Yes, I guessed that, it smells just like one," Naida replied sarcastically. "For a moment I thought it was a fawn, because it smelled like a fawn, it totally didn't smell like a lion cub."

The young cub had regained consciousness, and it was shaking like a leaf. It stared at Panacaea and Naida with wide eyes. The young lion cowered before the two larger lionesses.

"P-Please don't eat me!" It cried. "I-I don't know where I am!"

"Hey, hey," Panacaea bent down to its level, her face soft. "We're not gonna hurt you. We're healers. Where are you from?"

"I-I don't know," The cub confessed, its face full of embarrassment. "But they cast me out b-because I wasn't strong enough. They said I would just slow them down and I wasn't im-important to the pride."

Panacaea bit back an angry growl as the cub explained why it was all alone. How could a pride have such low morals? What was wrong with them? Every member of the pride was valuable, even if they weren't physically strong.

"Well, you don't need them anymore," Naida said, stepping closer to her pupil. "You can come home with us. You will be treated with love, and you will be accepted as one of us."

"W-What's your pride's name?" The small lion squeaked.

"We are the shamans of the dark river pride," Naida informed them. "Welcome home, little one."
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me