VOK prompt storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

A9

Postby epilogue » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:40 am

dark river pride
What is your pride’s biggest threat?
A9
[225/200]
150 exp

the dark river pride's biggest threat is other prides attempting to take their territory. they are generally peaceful and calm, but other prides see this as a sign of weakness and attempt to take their territory. amaya's father, the previous king, died from a simple border scuffle over territory from an opposing pride. there have been many instances where the dark river pride has had the threat of being chased out by greedy prides wanting more and more territory from them.

when amaya's father was alive, he chose to deal with this problem by fighting fire with fire. any threat, or anything that seemed like a threat, would warrant an attack. amaya vowed not to become as paranoid and violent as her father was. now, she attempts to solve issues with words and peace. amaya is very firm with her words though, and doesn't let other prides push her around and try to grab territory from her.

it's very rare that other pride lions will ambush their camp, but it has happened before. most of the time they do it with the intentions of stealing herbs and food, and then wrecking the camp to show strength. but they often under estimate the dark river pride's strength, as none of these raids have ever been successful, not under amaya's father's rule, and not under amaya's rule.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

D5 - amaya

Postby epilogue » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:29 am

dark river pride
Draw art of any member of your pride
D5
45 exp

epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

E5 - 12/11/19

Postby epilogue » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 pm

dark river pride
A new cub was found straggling about in the wilderness, how did your lions find them and what do they do with it?
[772/700]
E5
can complete again: 1/11/20

"amaya!" russet called loudly, her tail skinny, calico tail swaying slowly as she stood and waited for her mate. "hurry up, lazy bones! we're wasting sunlight here! by the time you get your rump up, it'll already be dusk!"

"oh shut up," amaya grumbled playfully, padding up to her mate. the dark lioness rubbed her cheek against russet's with a soft grin. "alright, let's go."

the two lionesses were going out on a hunt. it was a nice day, the air was warm and comforting. it had been raining for the past three days, so the ground was wet, but that didn't bother either of the lionesses one bit. as they walked, russet brushed her tail against amaya's spine affectionately.

rustling in a nearby bush alerted both lionesses. russet narrowed her green eyes and flicked her ears towards the sound. amaya tilted her broad head, confusion rolling over her like a cloud. what she scented was not prey, she was sure of it. the queen turned her head and studied her mate's face. russet obviously was thinking the same thing.

"it smells like... infection," russet mumbled, her voice laced with confusion. "and a lion."

"it couldn't be," amaya shot back, her face screwing up in confusion. "why would a wounded lion just be hanging out on our territory?"

"well, let's see," russet said, shrugging before advancing towards the brush.

the calico lioness reached out one paw and pushed aside the damp leaves. a gasp of surprise escaped her mouth and it hung open like a trap door. amaya rushed to her side to see what she was looking at. the queen was shocked.

a small cub was curled up in the brush. it was trembling, possibly from fear or from being cold, maybe both. it's eyes were shut tight, and a gash spread down it's back. the poor orphaned cub was letting out soft whimpers.

"oh you poor baby," russet said, her face contorting into a frown. "you sweet thing, you must be hurt."

"russet," amaya eyed the abandoned cub cautiously. "what if it's a trap? or what if it carries sickness?"

"amaya!" russet growled. "what pride would cast out a wounded cub as a trap? that would be just absolutely heartless! and even if it did carry sickness, we shouldn't just let it die!"

"you're right," the dark lioness sighed. "come on, let's bring the little scrap back home."

russet bent down and picked the cub up gently by its scruff. the injured cub let out a frightened wail, making both of the lioness' hearts shatter.

"shhhhh, now now little one," amaya slowed down to match her steps with her mate. the queen's motherly instincts were taking over. "don't worry, don't cry. we got you now."

her reassuring words seemed to quiet the cub down enough for them to get back to camp without causing a whole commotion in the forest. as the two females drew closer to the camp, amaya's stomach began to bubble with anxiety. what would the rest of the pride say? would they object an orphaned cub? surely they wouldn't challenge their queen's authority, right? what if the cub's parents came looking for it? had they just stolen someone's child? millions of worried thoughts whirled through the queen's head. she drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly. amaya was prepared for the worst, whatever it may be.

the two lionesses padded into camp with the injured cub. life seemed to stop, the whole world seemed to freeze. curious murmurs arose from the pride, some even crept forward to see what russet was holding. panacaea, amaya's first born, stepped out of the shaman's den.

"i smell infection," she commented.

russet set down the tiny cub and met the grey and white lioness' eyes. "so do i," she told her.

"let's get it into the shaman's den," panacaea instructed. russet nodded, and bent back down, picking the orphaned cub up.

it let out another terrified wail. amaya frowned, and followed her mate and daughter into the shaman's den to watch over them. panacaea laid one white paw on the cub's forehead.

"its definitely sick," she told her mothers. "and its wound is beginning to get infected. if it weren't for you two, it would have died out there. but i'm confident that we can save it."

russet backed up and pressed her face into amaya's neck. a large smile spread across her face as she looked down at the cub.

"caden," the dark lioness mumbled. "fighter... its name will be caden."

"welcome to the dark river pride, caden." russet purred, her green eyes filled with love.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vok christmas prompts- day one

Postby epilogue » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:23 am

What sort of holiday does your pride celebrate around the winter season? A real one, or one of their own creation? do they skip one entirely?
Username: bed time
Link to pride: dark river pride
Prompt Number: one
Completed Prompt:
[158/150]

the dark river pride celebrates the winter solstice. while the true winter solstice is on december 21st, the pride celebrates all of december. dens are often decorated in holly, sage, and various dried flowers. the lions will collect flowers before winter and dry them for this celebration. the winter solstice is very important to the pride. it's to celebrate the new coming of nature.

on december 21st, cubs are awarded with small, hand made gifts, and the whole pride feasts together. it is a very joyful time, there is much laughing and happiness. building snow forts and makeshift snowmen are particularly popular with the cubs. but that doesn't mean the adults don't enjoy it as well.

snowball fights are a pride-wide game that will break out at random times. december is truly a joyful and wonderful time for the dark river pride. it's a time of unity and family. the whole pride considers each other one big family.

How are your lions keeping out the cold this year?
Username: bed time
Link to pride: dark river pride
Prompt Number: two
Completed Prompt:
[150/150]

winter hits the territory of the dark river pride very hard. snow will usually cover every inch of the land, and the ground will become hard and cold. the dark river pride's dens are primarily underground. although the ground is cold, the pride will line the burrows in warm and comfortable materials such as fur form prey, feathers, moss, and other soft plants. it's not uncommon to find the pride curled up together to preserve warmth as well.

the underground shelters do provide good shelter from the wind though. if it's a particularly windy day, the pride will only send out a small handful of patrols and the rest will stay cozy and warm. if they're lucky, sometimes lions will find man-made objects, such as discarded blankets, to help warm up their dens.

the nursery gets the most protection and padding since the pride highly protects their cubs and mothers.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A10

Postby epilogue » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:32 am

dark river pride
What is your pride’s greatest strength, and greatest weakness?
A10
100 exp

greatest strength
[83/50]

the dark river pride's greatest strength is unity. the pride works together wonderfully, and there is little conflict. the pride is peaceful, and a very safe place to live. every member has a role in the pride, and every member contributes their skills. all of the pride members respect and care for one another, like a big family. but like any group, conflict does break out. usually when there's a conflict, it is quickly resolved. the dark river lions aren't ones to fight.

greatest weakness
[98/50]

the dark river pride's greatest weakness is pacifism. while it can be a strength, it's what disables the pride most. the pride is not quick to defend their land with tooth and claw, more so they would rather resolve things with words. this makes them an easy target for rowdy and violent prides to pick on and for them to mess with. amaya, the queen, refuses to fight fire with fire and make the pride become violent. she believes that it would cause chaos and corruption. but she has trouble knowing when it's time to fight without words.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A11

Postby epilogue » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 pm

dark river pride
How does your pride band together in the face of danger?
A11
150 exp
[206/200]

the dark river pride heavily believes in unity. the pride believes that all members should stick together and help each other, no matter what has happened in the past. the lions are taught to push aside grudges and past mistakes, and are taught to forgive. When on patrols, multiple lions usually attend for safety as well as companionship and comfort. When a hunting patrol goes out, a fighter usually tags along for extra safety, even though the hunters are just as strong. If a predator or a rival lion attacks the patrol, the lions will drop everything they're doing, abandon any prey they may have, and protect their pride mate. The life of a pride mate is more important than prey that can be caught a different time. Any who values a meal over their family is looked down upon, and young lions are taught this important lesson before becoming a full hunter or fighter.

When a threat arises, the pride protects the queens, cubs, and veterans first, as they are seen as the most vulnerable yet important members. They all stick together, no matter what. Fighters usually stick to the front lines of battles, while hunters stick back and do most of the defensive work.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A12

Postby epilogue » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 am

dark river pride
Your pride discovers something new and foreign, how do they respond?
A12
150 exp
[224/200]

a young panacaea bound through the forest. the bushes and trees were alive with beautiful, bright colors, and the animals sang in harmony. the young lioness let out happy squeaks as she raced through the bushes.

"pana!" amaya laughed, racing after her daughter. "you're so fast, my sweet angel!"

"you can't catch me mama!" panacaea giggled.

the cub began to speed up but she crashed into something hard and shiny. panacaea let out a surprised yelp as she fell back. amaya caught up with her and stared at the large, brightly colored thing in front of them. it looked like a large den with unnatural colors and a strange gleam to it. amaya drew panacaea back with one large paw, eyeing the unfamiliar thing with uncertainty.

"mama, what is this?" panacaea asked, tilting her head.

"i don't know, sweet heart," amaya confessed. "but i don't think it's safe for us to be around."

"yeah!" panacaea pouted. "it hurt my head!"

"come on," the queen purred, giving her daughter a lick on the forehead. "let's head back home, okay? we'll be safe there."

"okay mama!"

the two lionesses made their way back to the camp of the dark river pride. amaya was unsure what to do about the strange thing sitting in her territory, but she decided that attacking it was not a good option.
Last edited by epilogue on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A14

Postby epilogue » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 am

dark river pride
What does your pride expect of their cubs? Do they expect them to grow up quickly? Become warriors?
A14
100 exp
[195/150]

the dark river pride believes that cubs should spend their cubhood being cubs and having fun. nothing is more precious than the early parts of your life. when a cub reaches a year old, they are assessed to see which task they fit better, hunting or fighting. the cub must go on three patrols with each guard, and must learn skills from both. the head hunter and head fighter will consult with the king or queen before finally coming to a conclusion on what task they best do. then, the cub is given a sacred ceremony that symbolizes them becoming an adult. they are taken to the river and must chose one plant to represent them. sometimes families will all choose the same plant, other times families encourage their children to go with their heart and choose their own flora. once the plant is chosen, the shaman and shaman apprentice assist the cub with the next task. they pick the plant, and cast the leaves and/or petals into the river under the moonlight. after this, they return back to camp, and the now adult must sit vigil and reflect on their life so far.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P1 - panacaea

Postby epilogue » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:11 am

dark river pride
Give your lion a basic personality
P1
100 exp
[154/150]

panacaea is caring and motherly. she babies everyone, even if you're older than her. she loves helping others and healing, hence which is why she is training to become the shaman. panacaea loves cubs, and also loves helping others out. if you need something done, panacaea will gladly volunteer! she often will overwhelm herself by taking on too many tasks at once. panacaea's favorite past time is going on midnight walks. it helps her clear her mind and escape her thoughts. she doesn't usually tell others about these midnight walks, as she doesn't want to be disturbed. even though she's kindhearted, panacaea enjoys time alone more than she enjoys time around others. she easily gets burnt out and will get flustered. panacaea is never one to raise her voice, even if she's happy. she's very calm and collected, and doesn't enjoy roaring with her pride over a victory only because she dislikes loud noises.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P7- panacaea

Postby epilogue » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:33 am

dark river pride
What does this pride member’s name mean (if it has a meaning) and how does it represent them?
P7
75 exp
[110/100]

the name panacaea means a remedy for all diseases, evils, or difficulties. another way of spelling it is panacea. panacaea was given this name because when she was born, amaya, her mother, was very sick, and so was panacaea's litter mate. her litter mate ended up wandering away from the pride, and no one knows if he's alive or not. panacaea was all amaya had left, and the mother was scared that her weak daughter would succumb to sickness. but the young cub grew stronger, and prospered. it was ironic how the lioness was drawn to medicine and healing, and decided to become a shaman over a hunter or fighter.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me