Pekee Pamoja Pride from Ukumbi wa Paradiso

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Pekee Pamoja Pride from Ukumbi wa Paradiso

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 am

Please do not post.
    This will be a collection of writing specific to my pride, Pekee Pamoja for the adoptables VOK.

Prompt Progress

B1 ✔️
B2 ✔️
B3
B4
B5
B6
B7
B8
B9
B10
B11
B12
B13
B14
B15
B16
B17
B18
B19
B20
B21
B22
B23
B24
B25
B26 ✔️
B27
B28
B29
B30
B31
————————
P1
P2 ✔️ 33/60
P3 ✔️ 2/60
P4 ✔️ 5/60
P5
P6
P7 ✔️ 36/60
P8
P9
P10
P11 ✔️ 1/60
P12
P13
P14
P15
P16
P17
P18
P19
P20
P21
P22
P23
P24
P25
P26
P27
P28 ✔️ 1/60
P29
P30
P31
P32
P33
P34
P35
————————
D1
D2 ✔️ ♾
D3
D4
D5
D6
D7
D8
D9
D10
D11
D12
D13
D14
D15 ✔️ ♾
D16
A1 ✔️
A2 ✔️
A3 ✔️
A4 ✔️
A5 ✔️
A6 ✔️
A7 ✔️
A8 ✔️
A9 ✔️
A10 ✔️
A11
A12
A13
A14 ✔️
A15 ✔️
A16 ✔️
A17
A18 ✔️
A19 ✔️
A20 ✔️
A21
A22
A23
A24 ✔️
A25 ✔️
A26
A27
A28 ✔️
A29 ✔️
A30 ✔️
A31
A32
A33
A34
A35 ✔️
A36 ✔️
————————
C1 ✔️
C2 ✔️
C3 ✔️
C4 ✔️
C5 ✔️
C6 ✔️
C7
C8 ✔️
C9 ✔️
C10 ✔️
C11
C12
C13
C14
C15
C16
C17
C18 ✔️
C19
C20 ✔️
C21 ✔️
C22
C23
C24
C25
C26 ✔️
C27
C28
C29
C30
C31
————————
E1
E2
E3
E4
E5 ✔️ ♾
Last edited by Tiger♥Bear on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:03 am, edited 16 times in total.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A15

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:36 am

A15 : What sort of prey populates your pride’s territory? What sort of predators/threats? (150 word minimum)

Ukumbi wa Paradiso has a variety of prey within its borders. There are smaller creatures that make for easy meals, but aren’t very filling. Giant pouched rat, African ground squirrel, common mole rat are common; old world and brush tailed porcupines can also be found but are generally left alone due to their quills. Larger prey, while harder to catch at times, provide more food for the pride. Plains zebra, gazelles, and antelopes make up most of this category. The occasional herd of elephants or wildebeest come through during the middle of the wet season to take advantage of the watering hole central to the territory. They are rare catches but it has happened before. The largest threat to the pack is actually African wild dogs. They have a rather large pack stationed among the dense foliage in the southwestern corner of the territory. While the two don’t really fight one another, they enjoy the same prey which can make hunting difficult. If the area wasn’t so populated with such variety, it’s probably be a bigger problem. Sometimes leopards or cheetahs pass through while on the hunt for food, but they’re not native to the area. Hyenas are run out if seen. The wild dogs and the lions both agree to keep hyenas away from the area at all costs.

(220 words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A16

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:57 am

A16 : What sort of climate does your pride’s territory have? Do they have well defined seasons? Dry seasons? Rainy seasons? (150 word minimum)

Ukumbi wa Paradiso is a beautiful location which usually sees a lot of sunshine. The seasons come and go but some last longer than others. The first two months of the year is the wet season. While it doesn’t rain the entire time, this is when it rains most often. The skies are often gray even if it doesn’t rain and is often cooler than the other months This is the shortest season. The next three months are considered spring. The trees, grass, and other plants have been watered and are now receiving lots of sunshine. The weather is pretty moderate with warm days and refreshing winds. This is often when cubs are being born to the pride. A lot of life is starting during this season. For the next four months is the dry season. The weather in the beginning is bearable, but by the second month it is starting to really heat up. The lake starts to shrink with each new day. Herds migrate through the territory during this time and often stop by the lake. Even with it growing smaller, it never dries out. One of the reasons they’re visited so often by the herds. This is the longest season of the year. Hot days are often combated by lounging beneath trees or even submerged partially in the pool. The final season often appears at once, temperatures dropping quickly and the wind harsher than it was the season previous. This would be considered a combination of autumn and winter. This is often when coupling occurs. Lions start to pair off, usually with a life long mate but sometimes it just occurs. The trees lose their leaves and the grass dulls. Berries on bushes decay. Though the weather feels colder, the sun can still be seen out.

(299 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A5

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:17 pm

A5 : Where did your pride’s name come from? (50 word minimum)

Firyali wanted a name that sounded as unique as her coat. Something meaningful. Her native tongue is Swahili. Thinking hard about what she wanted her pride to portray, she thought about how she felt among her old pride. Alone. Outcasted. Different. No one should have to feel that way but sometimes it wasn’t helped. Even together with others who felt the same, the situations were still unique to the individual. With that, she thought of “alone together” or in her language, Pekee Pamoja.

(83 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:30 pm

A2 : Explain where your pride calls home/rests within their territory. (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

The territory has been named Ukumbi wa Paradiso or “haven of paradise”. Firyali, the founding queen, currently resides in the small den beside the lake. It’s large enough to fit two or three full grown lions. When the pride establishes a ruler, they will most likely take the den. Some trees have low branches that are thick enough to lounge on. The ground is mostly grassy and soft enough to lay on. A few small hills can be found around the area offering some shelter. There’s also two small mountain ranges that have shallow caves. Theirs a set of ruins among the forest but that area has been claimed by a pack of wild dogs. They usually keep to their corner but can be seen around the territory when hunting. However a second ruin can be found across the territory that is often seemed out during bad storms. Since the weather is generally nice throughout the year, the open plains is often the go to for most of the pride. If the herds are moving through, the pride tends to cluster together and closer to the lake. They tend to stay central to the area, unless seeking shelter in the ruins during wet seasons horrible storms.

(206 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A18

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:13 pm

A18 : What is your pride’s “coming of age” tradition?
(200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

Cubs are generally born during the spring season, most often the in April. However they can be as early as March and as late as May. A year and a half later, all cubs born during the season have a coming of age ceremony to prove their worth and gain their rank in the pride. The ceremony lasts a week and begins October first. The first day is traveling to the jaribio ruins. Only the cubs, parents, and rulers of the pride have to make the journey but often times friends also come to observe. Making the trip can be rough and takes endurance. The second and third day involves the young lions hunting individually. This determines their survival and strength. The prey they catch and how many they have impacts how they’re ranked. The fourth day they travel to the mountains in the northwestern corner. The cubs must spend the fifth day in the mountains and work together to survive the harsh winds. Hyenas can often be found trying to pass through the mountains so they must also be dealt with. The sixth morning they travel back to the lake and hunt with the prides hunters. The final day is spent assigning ranks and welcoming the cubs among the adults with a pride wide celebration. They feast on the hunt and the cubs are painted to symbolize they’ve overcome their youth.

(232 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt C5

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:47 pm

C15 : What are the ranks within your prompt? Explain them and what roles they fill (3 ranks minimum, 200 words total minimum)

There are several roles in the Pekee Pamoja tribe, each varying in importance but all having their part to play. The highest rank is held by the ruling king and ruling queen but is seen equal with the founding queen. The founding queen has a personal guard while the ruling king and queen have a group ran by a guard captain. These guards differ from the knights. Theirs also a royal advisor, a seer, a liaison, a group of hunters overseen by a chief hunter, and scouts. There’s also a “rank” simply referred to as civilian in which they don’t have an official rank.
    The ruling king and queen oversee the prides well being. They’re the rulers of the pride. Their offspring would be seen as royalty. The royal family has a guard consisting of four members: one royal guard captain and three royal guard. These guards are in charge of watching over the royal family.
    The founding queen is simply the founder of the pride. Firyali didn’t see herself as a ruler and wanted to make sure the pride had a strong leader. However, she is seen as a lion of importance and often deals with concerns about the territory. She has her own personal guard in charge of watching over her.
    The royal advisor simply shares his insight with the royal family on what he believes would best help the pride. He sometimes acts as an ambassador. The seer was not assigned the role, but rather born with it. She foresees the possibility of the future for the pride and individuals of the pride. The liaisons job is to work as a mediator between prides and to oversee communications.
    There is currently four knight roles, one of which is a knight captain who oversees the other knights. As the pride grows, so will the need for more knights. Their job is to protect the rest of the pride. The pride has two scouts whose job is to patrol the borders. They’re also in charge of alerting the knights and guards of any threats in the territory. The largest group is currently the hunters. Five hunters follow the lead of the chief hunter who decides where the hunting party will be hunting and what prey to catch.
    Civilians, or “unranked” members don’t have specific duties to the tribe. Cubs have this rank by default until they are assigned a role during the coming of age event. The elderly regain this rank after they’ve retired. Some of the adult lions also have this rank, but it’s rare.

(427 Words)
Last edited by Tiger♥Bear on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt D2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:59 pm

D2 : Write a 400 word scene/story of your choosing involving your pride members

The sun was rising slowly in the sky, warmth trying to break through the chilling breeze. The leaves on the trees were a beautiful blend of warm colors. Tendaji was currently checking his reflection in the pool. The wind made it a little difficult to really see how he looked. He wasn’t a narcissist but he did care about his appearance. With a few backswipes of his paw to his mane, he set off toward the den where Firyali resides. He recalled the first day he met her. He had been returning to this area to start a pride only to find her here and interacting with both wild dogs and hyenas. Reading the situation and throwing himself into the mix, he fixed the problem leaving the two of them alone.
    —————{•}—————

“I can’t believe that worked.”
    “I’ve had to persuade a few hyenas away from my old pride.”
    “Ah. So you are Anayeshawishi.”
    He tilted his head with an amused grin. “I see my reputation proceeds me. I’m Tendaji.”
    “Firyali. I’ve heard the stories of how you diffused a war between your pride and a neighboring pack of hyenas.”
    “Not all battles require strength. Sometimes you just need someone with a bit of charisma.” If he didn’t know any better, he would say she was embarrassed by the way her tail flicked. Even before he approached he could tell she wasn’t the talkative type. It was... cute. He smiled at her. “So. I take it you have claimed the land?”
    She nodded her head gently. “Yes. I’ve been here about a week.”
    “All by yourself?”
    “Well... yes? I’m the only lion, if that’s what you mean.”
    “You don’t have a pride?” She shook her head in response. He was a little surprised she was here on her own. She didn’t seem the independent type or the rebellious type. “How convenient. I too am without a pride. I was actually returning to the area to start one.”
    “Oh. I was unaware anyone was—”
    “It’s no trouble, Firyali. Really.” He gave her a reassuring grin. With a thought, the smile turned to a cheeky smirk. “You know, we could start a pride of our own.”
    Her eyes widened and her tail twitched again. Her reaction almost made him laugh. She really was adorable when she got flustered. “Oh! I mean... if you wanted to... I guess...”
    “Relax. I just meant we could join up. That’s not so bad, right?”
    She shuffled her paws, embarrassed. “Oh! Uh... right.” She stood up and he followed suit. “I suppose I should show you around.”
    He smiled brightly again. “That sounds wonderful. Lead the way.”

(440 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt D2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:59 am

D2 : Write a 400 word scene/story of your choosing involving your pride members

The black lion held his head high as he approached the den. He spotted the white lioness sitting atop the hill where the den resides. Slowing his steps, he took a deep breath and smiled brightly.
    “Good morning, Firyali. Beautiful day, isn’t it?”
    The lioness turned, almost startled but gave him a friendly smile. “That it is. Good morning to you as well, Tendaji.”
    He noticed she was much more at ease with him than she had been. The tip of her tail flicked gently as opposed to the nervous twitching it used to do. Her claws were also relaxed instead of completely unsheathed and tense. Despite this, he noticed in her eyes she was still a bit guarded. Cautious.
    It had been a week since he joined Firyali’s pride. The Pekee Pamoja pride. It was currently just the two of them but a few lions had passed through looking for a pride. It seemed they must have found another pride to join or they were still contemplating the offer to join this one. Either way, Tendaji was content. He was enjoying Firyali’s company.
    “I wondered if you’d like to go hunting with me.”
    “Oh.” Her tail twitched, nervous. “I suppose I should eat something.” Her voice was soft.
    He smiled at her shyness. “Come on. I’m sure the two of us can catch something.”
    The lioness stands and stretches, her claws tearing into the dirt. Tendaji watched her paws flexing. “Lead the way,” she mused pulling his attention back to her face.
    With a smile and gentle flick of his tail, he led her to the more open grassland where a small herd of gazelle were roaming. The trip was silent. Whether it was comfortable or uncomfortable, Tendaji couldn’t tell. It hovered somewhere between the two. Firyali seemed to be a soft spoken lioness and generally kept to herself. But she had agreed to tag along and didn’t seem perturbed by his presence. He supposed that was good thing. The dark lion wished he could get a better read on his light companion. He found her intriguing, wanted to know more about her. What he had seen of her this past week confirmed she was meek and not a lion seeking power. How did such a timid lioness find herself founding a pride in this valley? What drove her to do something so noble? Surely he hadn’t been misreading her.

(401 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A14

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:07 am

A14 : What does your pride expect of their cubs? Do they expect them to grow up quickly? Become warriors? (150 word minimum)

Cubs born (or founded) in the Pekee Pamoja pride are celebrated and cherished members seen as opportunities. For the first year and a half, cubs have no expectations but to be cubs. Carefree, curious, playful, and energetic. As the cubs are all born within a three month period in spring, they all reach the age requirement at the same time. Cubs that are founded are still expected to follow the prides traditions. When the first month of fall arrives, the first week is the coming of age ceremony for all cubs who are eighteen months old. During this week they are tried and tested, learning to work together and also discover their personal talents. At the end of the week, they are assigned a role in the pride and have a pride wide celebration as way to congratulate the cubs on their graduation of sorts. While they do have roles, they’ll still be considered cubs for another six months. This time is seen as a training period of sorts.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me