Pekee Pamoja Pride from Ukumbi wa Paradiso

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Store - Writing Prompt S10

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:15 am

S10 : Use this random image generator to write a story about one of your lions. Link to the image somewhere for reference. (250 word minimum)

"Stay close to the den, please."
    "We will!"
    "Okay, mom."
    Asha watched as Banou and Russom trotted gleefully out of the den, occasionally nipping playfully at each other. Akida joined her side.
    "If it makes you feel more at ease, I can watch over them. You can go take care of things if you need to."
    She smiled at her oldest cub. "That would be wonderful. I'm sure your father will be home soon."
    Akida hurried out of the den after his younger siblings. They had taken to wrestling one another atop the hill that was above the den. Banou had Russom pinned but he was trying his best to push her off. The older sibling shook his head with a smile. He didn't have a sibling to play with at their age but there were many cubs in the pride he could play with at the time. It must be nice having someone there all the time.
    "Banou, let me up!" The young prince's legs were scrambling to put distance between them.
    With a laugh, the princess got off and jumped away. Something must have caught her eye because next thing Akida knows, she's gasping and has a very intense look on her face.
    "What is it?" Even Russom was interested and came over.
    "Look at that thing. What is it?"
    The older lion glanced over and saw a butterfly with its wings out, resting. The two young cubs seemed entranced as soon as the wings fluttered slowly open and out. He smiled. "That is a butterfly. It's an insect."
    The two cubs awwed in unison pulling a chuckled from Akida.
(272 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 am

S10 : Use this random image generator to write a story about one of your lions. Link to the image somewhere for reference. (250 word minimum)

Asani was trailing behind his father, Sefu, who was leading the two around the territory. He had already been shown the mountains that keep the snow contained. Also the dense jungle with a thousand rivers. They were now getting close to the Maeneo ya Kufa region. The dirt was red and dry. There were a few strange plants that Asani had never seen in the valley.
    "Dad?"
    "Yes?"
    "What's that over there?" The cub pointed his paw toward a spiny plant.
    "It's a cactus. They don't need much water so you can find some of them in this region. You must be careful around them though."
    "Why?" His curiosity was evident in his tone.
    "See those spikes on it?" The cub nodded. "Those are spines and are very painful to touch. Don't get too close or it'll poke you and hurt."
    Asani gasped. A lizard scampered across the dirt, pausing a few times to look around. He climbed up the cactus without hesitation and rested atop the barbed leaf. Sefu noticed his son's eyes grow wide.
    "Doesn't that hurt him?"
    Sefu chuckled. "There are some creatures that aren't affected by the spines. Like that lizard. Some birds even make their nests up there."
    "Whoa. That's so cool!" He looked up at the lizard with awe. The reptile was looking around. Seeming to find what it was looking for, it crawled back down the spines and disappeared behind some rocks.
    "Yes, Asani. It is very cool. Come on. There's still much to show you."
    The father and son continued to walk past a few more cacti and the red dirt once again turned back to grass.
(275 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Store - Writing Prompt S1

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:31 pm

S1 : Send your lion off on a treasure hunt! Where does their journey take them, and how do they discover something new and grand? Who sent them, why are they going? What are they hoping to find? (500 word or 1 art piece minimum)

Khamisi had gotten up bright and early. This was the third day since Kibwe had left. To be honest, he was starting to get worried about his mentor. There were, however, other things on the young knight's mind. A young healer, in particular, had taken a lot of space in his thoughts. Four days ago he had helped Naigh with moving her medical supplies to a hollowed tree that the King had found. It really was a perfect spot for her supplies. Or...it was until it broke in half. That was part of the reason he was out so earlier. He had wanted to find a replacement for her. Unfortunately, there weren't very many trees in the valley of Ukumbi wa Paradiso. There were tall pines in the Msitu wa Baridi region, but he knew that Naigh wasn't a huge fan of snow. When they talked the other night after he confessed his feelings to her, they talked about anything and everything. Yesterday he had brought her a bouquet of flowers. That was the region he would check first: Kikoa cha Zamani. He had noticed several trees that might work when he had passed through. Taking closer looks at the trees, he was quickly feeling disappointed in his findings.
    This tree is too short.
    This one is too brittle, already showing deep cracks.
    This one didn't have a hollow to place things.
    His options were limited, but he kept looking. The sun was still rising slowly in the sky but he knew there was one other region that could have potential. Maeneo ya Kufa had trees of course, but they were all mostly dead or dry. Not many options there. He'd have to go to Kuni za Mkondo where the African wild dogs reside. The region was considered jungle and was bound to have large trees. Out of all the regions, this one seemed to be the most populated. Surely there would be trees that could work. It took several hours to cross the valley. The strange trees were starting to come into view, the grass changing to fertile dirt. With a smile, he hurried his pace. Khamisi had a feeling he'd find the perfect spot somewhere here.
    <--{:}-->
    "Come on, Naigh. Hurry up!" The orange-colored lion was practically bouncing as he leads the brown lioness toward the jungles.
    "Where are you taking me, Khamisi?" she asked with a giggle. The healer trotted along to keep up.
    "I have a surprise for you. We're almost there. Um..." He hesitated a moment. "Would you mind closing your eyes?"
    "How am I supposed to get there if I can't see?"
    "Don't you trust me? I'll lead you. Don't worry."
    With a shy smile, Naigh complied and shut her eyes. Only by the occasional bump of his shoulder did she know where to go. Her heart was thumping with anticipation. His heart was beating hard with excitement. He had found it, and not too far past the region border. The perfect tree to replace the one in the valley where she could place her medicinal things. Despite it being closer than he thought, it did take him a bit to find it.
    "Okay. We're here. You can open your eyes."
    She opened her eyes to see a tree. It had a large hollow in it and was thick around the trunk. Her heart swelled. "Oh, Kham..."
    "Do you... do you like it?"
    She turned, beaming. "Yes! This is the best gift. Thank you." Without hesitation, she leaned in and kissed his cheek with a gentle lick.
    He flushed. "I know it's a bit far from the pride, but you can have your own space out here and there's plenty of room for all your things."
(621 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:46 pm

The sun started to stream through the pine needles of the region, a light dusting of snow covering the ground. Birds could be heard singing, their songs echoing off the trees. Kamili blinked in the light. It was his first day waking up to this new region. His region. There were several caves along the mountains that faced the pine forest. The newly appointed lord resided in one with his brother and head knight in the cave beside his. The gray lion stretched his arms out in front of him with a roaring yawn. The cave provided some shelter from the harsher weather, but the cool wind could still be felt blowing in like a draft. He slipped out of the den, taking a peek at Kito. His older brother was still asleep in his own den. With a small smile, he continued on to venture into the region. He didn't have much time to explore yesterday when they arrived. His paws felt chilled as they walked through the snow. It was light and fluffy. The wind was light but cold enough it had a bit of a bite. It'd take some getting used to but it wasn't altogether unpleasant. Just not what he was used to. He worried how different it'd be during the wet season. Most likely it would be colder and there would be much more snow and possibly ice. The region was beautiful regardless. There was a small lake a little ways away from the mountains. A few deer and elk could be seen wandering among the trees. Kamili smiled as he looked around to take everything in. The sun was rising higher and he was making his way back to his den.
(287 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Zuberi had been a royal guard since the completion of his ceremony. There had been two other ceremonies since then. His work kept him busy so he didn't spend much time worrying about not finding a mate. But that changed when Nea joined the tribe. She was a soft gray with the most beautiful eyes. He had immediately felt a pull toward her when he first laid eyes on her. That was all a couple of weeks ago. Zuberi had unfortunately received his mother's personality so he hadn't really talked much to Nea. The new huntress, however, seemed to pick up on his timidness and decided to take initiative.
    "Hey, Zuberi." He jumped slightly hearing her voice.
    "Oh! Hello, Nea. How can I help you?" He smiled to hide the fact his heart was hammering hard.
    "I was wondering if you'd like to go on a walk with me?"
    "A- a walk?" His smile wavered slightly, his nerves kicking up.
    "Yes, a walk." His nervous behavior had her smiling. It was sweet to see him so flustered. "There's a place I want to show you."
    {--:--}

The paler lioness leads the dark lion toward the jungle region to one of the many pools in the area. There were a few waterfalls that lead from one shallow pool to another and some large rocks that barely held above the water. She smiled as she looked over at Zuberi who was taking in the scene with a slack jaw.
    "What do you think?"
    "I... This is absolutely stunning, Nea. How did you find this place?"
    The lioness sat down with a soft smile. "When my father passed, I started to travel to find a place to call home. I couldn't stay at home... too many memories, you know? Anyway. During my journey, I happened upon this little paradise. It reminded me of home but without all the baggage. I'd sit at the top of the falls and watch the sunset, remembering my time on the beach with my father."
    Her eyes were closed as if taken back to those moments. They snapped open when Zuberi placed his paw beside hers. He smiled. "Thank you for sharing this with me."
(366 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:32 pm

Khamisi had just dropped Sikhudani off with his mother. She didn't even seem to question why her son was dropping the cub off with her. Just took the young lioness with a smile and bid him a good night. With a smile and a deep breath, he left the seer and made his way to the healer. The knight held his head high despite his heart beating rapidly in his chest. Thoughts ran through his head of what he wanted to say. He'd been thinking about this for a while now. As he approached Naigh's home, she seemed to take notice of him and smiled sweetly.
    "Good evening, Khamisi. I thought you were taking Sikhudani for the night?"
    "Well... she's actually with my mother. I wanted to have some time for just us. There's... something I want to talk to you about."
    "Oh! Well, alright. Let me just- give me a moment?"
    "Of course." He smiled brightly and watched as she took a few seconds to groom herself. When she caught him looking, her tail twitched perturbed. With a soft chuckle, he turned his head. After a bit, he felt her rub gently past him. A shiver ran down his spine at her touch.
    "Let's go." She smiled sweetly at him with a beckoning glance. He grinned and caught up to lead her to the destination he had in mind.
    The pair walked silently toward the Maeneo ya Kufa region. The sun had set and the stars were out and shining in the dark night sky. The desert brush could barely be seen against the mountains. At the edge of the region, Khamisi stopped which caused Naigh to pause in turn. There was the sound of insects chirping and perhaps the skittering of creatures returning home for the night. She glanced up at the sky, admiring all the stars.
    "It's beautiful out here."
    "Yeah. Naigh... I wanted to talk about us."
    She turned to look at him, a shy smile on her face. "Us?"
    His heart started racing again. "A couple of nights ago, I told you I like you. And... and you said you like me too." She nodded but waited for him to continue. "There's still time before the end of the year. To make this official between us, I mean. Msimu wa Upendo will only last for another two weeks. I... I guess what I'm asking is... will you, Naigh, be my mate? Spend the rest of your life with me?"
(414 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am

Nuru lay on one of the large rocks beside the pond. The water rippled as small droplets of rain slowly fell from the gray clouds. The wet season was just about halfway over. The rain wasn't unpleasant. A bit cold. She rested her eyes shut as the rain fell on her coat, a small smile on her face. Khamisi and Naigh had returned to her later this morning, the grins on their faces evidence that her vision had come to. The healer took the cub back with her to her own home while her son tended to his duties. Kibwe still hadn't returned but at least Khamisi wasn't alone in his knightly duties. Kenyada had been appointed as a knight to stay here at the valley and a newcomer, Kondo had been chosen as the knight captain. Without warning, her eyes flashed open and grew brighter. The tell-tale sign of receiving a vision for the seer.
    It was fall. The skies were unusually dark. A single orange leaf floats slowly down, down, down in front of her to land gently on the water's surface. The pond? No. The leaf began to course with the stream. One of the rivers in the jungle. The wild dogs are fleeing. From what? A hideous cackle sounds.
    "Mom?" The voice pulls her out, the glow dulled slightly in her eyes to their normal capacity. Khamisi stood nearby with concern etched in his expression. "That one seemed intense. You alright?"
    She hadn't realized it, but she was breathing hard and her claws had scratched into the rock. "Oh. Khamisi." Nuru's head started to throb. Typical after a vision. "I saw...the dogs...the jungle...hyenas!"
    "Hyenas?"
    "I must tell the King."
(283 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Zuberi had spent some time in the Kikoa cha Zamani region for a couple of days. Even before his trip with Nea to the beautiful waterfall the other day. He was conflicted, wanting to get her something. But why? He knew he liked her. His shy personality was hindering him. Sometimes he wished he had gotten his father's charm. After she had taken him to that waterfall he felt pressured to find something that was equally beautiful and stunning to share with her. Why he had chosen this region to find whatever it is he's looking for he wasn't sure either. He'd have to return soon to tend to his duties. On the verge of giving up his search, he spotted something. It drew his eyes and pulled him in almost immediately. A rose. The color was vibrant and...familiar. Getting closer he realized this was what he was searching for. It was perfect. Carefully picking the blossom, he quickly returned to the plains with his heart beating hard in his chest.
    He found Nea wandering aimlessly close to the pond. With a deep breath and a quick mental encouragement, he approached her. She offered a friendly smile when he got close.
    "Zuberi. It's good to see you." It seemed she took notice of the flower. "What's that you've got?"
    He gently lay it down on the ground. "It's a, uh... a gift."
    "Oh?" The huntress grinned playfully. "Whoever it's for is lucky. It's a beautiful rose."
    With a nervous chuckle, he picked it back up and placed it behind one of her ears. Her expression changed to one of a pleasant surprise. Taking a step back, he admired Nea with the rose. The color seemed to match her eyes perfectly. He couldn't help but smile brightly. Summoning an unknown source of charisma he responded with, "I guess that makes you lucky."
    Quickly regaining her composure and without missing a beat she replied wittily. "I suppose it does."
(327 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Ubatili walked with Asani trailing slightly ahead. The cub jumped from rock to rock. The mother and son were taking a trip around the regions again as he had with his father some days ago. Really adjusting to the life of motherhood and learning of the responsibilities she needed to have in this position, Ubatili was really growing up. She wanted to spend more time with her son. Truly be there for him. Sefu was busy with hunting mostly. He did come around often to check on Asani. She worried that Sefu wouldn't stay around much in her life after Asani was grown. Either way. She decided she would be there for their son.
    "Look, mom! The river." The cub ran a little further ahead to a river that had a short waterfall.
    "Yes, Asani. There are many rivers in this area." She smiled at her son. She'd never felt this kind of love before if any kind of love at all. She still wasn't sure how she felt toward Sefu. Sure, he was attractive. He's in great shape and bold. But there was also a cockiness about him that got under her skin. Especially now that she felt the need to be more responsible. She hadn't been the best role model. Probably still wasn't. She wanted to change that though. Better herself for her son. He deserved a mother that was there for him no matter what. A mother that would love him always. Noticing him get a little bit too far ahead, she called out to the cub. "Not too far now, Asani. You need to stay close."
    "Mom," he drawled out.
    "I don't want to see you getting hurt." Closing the gap between them, she gently licked the top of his head. "Remember when you slipped on the rocks a few miles back?"
    With a soft grumble, the cub nodded.
    "Now. Let's hurry back home. I'm sure your father has lunch for us."
(326 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding - Writing Prompt

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:17 pm

In Character Breeding : 500 Words

Pair : Khamisi and Naigh

Naigh watched the cub Sikudhani playing in the grass, a wide smile on her face. She was ecstatic. Memories of the night before flooded her mind, the smile only growing with each thought.

"A couple of nights ago, I told you I like you. And... and you said you like me too." She remembered nodding, her heart fluttering as she listened to Khamisi pour his soul out to her. "There's still time before the end of the year. To make this official between us, I mean. Msimu wa Upendo will only last for another two weeks. I... I guess what I'm asking is... will you, Naigh, be my mate? Spend the rest of your life with me?"
    Her heart raced faster. It was well into the night by now, the stars twinkling as if awaiting her answer as well. The mountains of the deadlands faintly seen silhouetted against the dark sky. She was speechless and apparently for a moment too long.
    "Naigh?" His voice was soft and noticeably nervous.
    With a nod of her head, she smiled. "Yes. Yes! Oh, Khamisi. Nothing would make me happier."
    His breath seemed to catch in his throat as he smiled shyly. "Truly?"
    She nodded her head again more vigorously. "Truly." The two came together with an embrace, his head resting gently over hers which was pressed into his mane. It was comforting. A part of her felt this was all happening very quickly but the thoughts were replaced with a warm feeling. That this was right. He was the one for her. Something in her knew that Khamisi was meant for her.
    They stayed that way for a while. Her thought ran wild with the possibilities of the future. He was right that they only had two weeks before the year ended and also their opportunity to be mated together as an official couple. Thoughts of the next year of them together, their little family, and maybe cubs... cubs. Should she even suggest it? There was only two weeks after all... "Khamisi?"
    "Yes, Naigh?"
    "How do you feel about cubs?" She felt him pull back a bit, somewhat surprised by her question no doubt.
    "I love them. I mean, Sikudhani is always fun to hang out with."
    She giggled softly. "No, silly. I meant more along the lines of having cubs."
    "Oh. Oh! I... I hadn't really thought about it." She looked up at him, his expression thoughtful. "I think... I think I'd like that."
    She smiled. "Really?"
    "Yeah. If cubs are something you want, and I want them too, then I say we should do it. I think you'd make a wonderful mother." Her tail flicked, embarrassed. "I've seen you with Sikudhani."
    "Oh, stop it. You're making my fur hot." They shared a smile and a soft chuckle before pressing their foreheads together.

Her cheeks flushed remembering that night. She couldn't wait for their ceremony. Khamisi had talked with the king earlier that morning when they returned to the plains, setting a date. A few others in the pride were also planning a ceremony. Her anticipation was almost palpable. Sikudhani was distracted. Too young to really know why Naigh was in such a good mood. The healer smiled despite the drizzling rain. To her, nothing could affect her high spirits.
(548 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me