Oddity Pride [Valley of Kings Writings]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Oddity Pride [Valley of Kings Writings]

Postby ToxicShadow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:41 am

Please do not post.

Oddity Pride

[All characters written about found above.]

All writings here are specifically for my Valley of Kings [VoK] Pride, the Oddity Pride.
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oddity Pride [Valley of Kings Writings]

Postby ToxicShadow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:43 am

[Lions: Vayde and Nero]

He was used to being alone. Even amongst the pride he was born into, he was alone. At first, everyone feared and disliked him because he was different. Because his pelt was dark, unlike that of any other members in the pride. They thought him to be an evil omen or, at least, considered him bad luck. And that was before he gave them a real reason to be afraid.

When he first discovered his powers, he was scared and upset, being bullied at the paws of other cubs his age. His powers, they frightened everyone and, from that moment forward, no member of the pride was every allowed to exchange words with him. Even if he tried to speak with them, no one answered. And he lived that way, surrounded by others, but totally alone.

That was different now, though. And he could remember it like it was just yesterday.

"Ah... A-are you... the one they call... The Demon King?" Occasionally, he spoke to himself, or the trees, or the sky, or to anything else in the world, even if it was not something that could answer back, just to remind himself that he could speak. That he had a voice, even if no one else could hear him. But, still, to him, his voice sounded strange and hoarse when he asked this question, practically cracking from its lack of use. And he was, secretly, terrified of offending the one lion that he had sought out.

"That's what they used to call me," the red furred, black maned lion with vibrant green eyes had responded. They were intimidating, especially the way that they carried themselves with such confidence and strength, but their words did not show any signs of malice, or even smug superiority that often seemed to come with those that carried themselves in a similar way.

"I... I see. I apologize if that is... not what you go by now," he found himself saying, unsure of how he should have actually responded.

"It's fine," he was told. "Calling me Demon King is just as well. It's more well known than my given name. But Nero, that is fine, as well."

"Nero..." he found himself repeating.

"What have you come here for?" Nero had asked of him, her tail swishing slowly behind her.

"I... fled my home," he told her. "That is, it was not really... my home. But..."

"What is your name?" Nero asked, when he trailed off a little and was uncertain of how to explain his situation, and if he even felt up to doing so and revealing so much of his lonely life to a stranger.

"Vayde," he answered automatically, though, when asked.

"Vayde, why not walk with me for awhile?" Nero invited.

From that moment on, and following their short conversation, Vayde had faith in Nero.

And he was not alone anymore.

[479]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:11 am

[Lions: Zuka and Aggoth]

"You've lived here a long time, haven't you?"

One day, Zuka could not help but ask the question of Aggoth, whom was lazing about under a shade tree not far from the entrance of their cavern shrine home.

The older lion shifted to turn his muted orange eyes toward the young male, and nodded his head slightly as he answered, "I have."

Hearing the response, and seeing as Aggoth actually seemed perfectly up for conversation, the younger male took a few steps closer before sitting down to address the other male further. "Even longer than Nero?"

Aggoth nodded his head. "Yes. That is true, in a way."

"In a way?" Zuka could not help but to ask, curious.

"I did wander about these lands in the past, but also further, in nearly every direction, and I never did claim this land as my own territory. Nor did I dare to explore the caverns like our leader did."

"So, you were a rogue lion, then?" It seemed that Zuka's questions never ceased.

Aggoth did not mind, though.

"You could say that," Aggoth agreed. "Though it may have more been like... I simply did not care to join a pride, at all. I chose to remain alone, and chose to wander, rather than settling down anywhere."

The younger lion tried to process this, and he began to find himself wondering just how long Aggoth may have wandered, and just how old he may have actually been. But that seemed too inappropriate to ask of Aggoth.

Instead, he asked, "If you were content to remain alone, then why did you join the pride, under Nero?" Although it was never stated as fact by anyone, it was relatively well known that Aggoth was, indeed, older than Nero, their founder and leader. Or, at least, it was believed.

"I guess... I got tired of wandering," the older male said, not putting much thought into it before giving his reply. He crossed his front paws, one resting over the other. "Though... That was not the only reason. Perhaps, I was actually waiting for Nero. Or someone like her, that had her vision, her acceptance and willingness to do what needed to be done, with her values of not harming anyone, or this world, unless she absolutely had to." There was a brief pause in Aggoth's words, before he added, "She is someone that I admire for her values and abilities, and, in the end, that was probably enough to convince me to stay."

[417]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am

[Lions: Nero, Aggoth and Fallyn]

"Nero," the eldest of the pride called out as he ascended the final of the stone stairs that lead into the mouth of the cavern shrine that made up the primary resting area of their pride.

The red furred, dark maned lioness, whom sat at the base of the shrine, itself, first looked over her shoulder, her vibrant green gaze meeting with his muted orange one. "What is it, Aggoth?" Nero inquired, before hauling herself back up into a standing position and turning to fully face the male as he approached.

"I just heard that the war finally broke out," Aggoth informed the pride's leader, in turn, as he stepped closer, the tip of his tail flicking once behind him.

"Between those prides to the north?" the king presumed as much, but needed to be certain.

"Yes," the male confirmed, nodding his head. "We saw it coming, but now..."

"It's not too late to do anything," Nero boldly stated, seeming to perfectly understand where the male's thoughts were going. "We can't do anything to prevent the war now, which is... just as well. Officially, it's none of our business, as neither pride had any allegiances to us." That was the political way of thinking about it, most definitely, but that was the reality of it. It was not her job to save everyone, though she would do whatever she could. Regardless, though, fighting would still occur, when those that wanted to fight refused to see any other options.

"Then what can we do?" Aggoth asked, his look questioning.

"I'll go," Nero, whom also came to be known as the Demon King in her past life, one with typically unparalleled fighting prowess, asserted.

"Even if it is you, it is dangerous to go alone," the male warned.

"I will be fine. Though, if you must insist, then send Vayde to shadow me. You, watch over things here." It was not a suggestion, but her given instruction that could not be refused. "Besides, I don't plan to fight, if I don't have to."

Aggoth understood, then. The queen only intended to help survivors, if there were any that needed it. That, she could do, without any allegiances, and without putting herself in too much danger. Hopefully.

Nero didn't wait for the other lion to say anything else, brushing past him with fearless steps, before launching into a full run down the stone steps and carrying herself to the north, toward the territory across the burnt, dead earth of the empty lands.

Even as fast as her paws would carry her, she knew she would not make it time to save many. But even if there was just one, just one soul, than Nero would do whatever she could.

The metallic scent of blood filled the air, and the stronger the scent became, the more it urged the red lion to move faster. So many scents, mingled together. So much tragedy.

---

"Momma, momma," a tiny voice cried. "Don't go."

"Hide here," she had been told by the lioness that looked much like her. "And if anyone finds you, run. Run away, as fast as you can. Use your small size to hide. Do whatever you can to live. You must." The mother already knew that the chances of her own survival were slim; her pride was not strong enough, and their enemy were vicious and out for blood. And her cub's chances may have been even smaller, but she had to have that hope, if nothing else. She was desperate. "I'm sorry, little one."

"Momma! No, don't leave me alone!" the cub protested.

"Hush now," the lionesses voice was stern as she said the words, but she leaned in to nuzzle into the cub with her nose, purring gently as a she did.

And, only a brief moment later, she abruptly leaned away and took off running.

The cub wanted to shout out for her, but when she opened her mouth, the words caught in her throat and no sound came out. Only tears began well up in her eyes and streaked down her fur as she crouched low, heeding her mother's words.

For what else could she do?

---

"Where did you hide her?!" The words were spoken with a malevolent, ferocious roar.

"Y-you will-" The lioness' weak, but defiant voice was cut off as she began to cough, it shaking her entire damaged body. "Never find her!" Even through her coughing fit, she did not let it stop her words. If the last thing she could do in her life was lead this male away from her cub, to keep her alive, then that was okay with her. If this was it, there was no better purpose.

In an even stronger fit of rage, the male struck at the lioness' face with his massive paw, flooring her, and leaving her for dead, knowing she would not survive her already existing injuries.

It was time to hunt down that last cub.

---

"My child, I hope you... live," she was barely holding on, knowing that her time would be soon. She could feel the pain all over her body, but her thoughts were only filled with her cub, and her hopes that she would, somehow, survive all of this.

It was like that, that Nero found the lioness. The hurt stranger didn't even bother opening her eyes, in spite of sensing the presence of another. There was nothing more her broken body could do.

The red furred pride leader knew upon seeing the other lioness that there was nothing she could do to save her, though, so she asked, instead. "Is there anyone left alive?"

The kindness in these words seeped into the mother's mind, and she opened her eyes, but it was hard to see. "Are... you here... to help...?" she barely managed to utter.

"Yes. It's too late for me to help you, but if there is anyone else..." Even finding the first victim of the war that she had come across, Nero was not about to give up.

"My daughter!" the lioness roared out with all of her strength. "Please... Stranger, if you are kind, find my daughter. Save her."

Nero reassured her with only two words, "I will."

---

Some time passed, but the cub's mother still had not returned. The rising sun had reached over head, and moved on further still. Her tears had mostly dried up, but the sniffles just would not stop. By then, her thoughts were consumed with the idea that her mother was never coming back.

She was tired. Her eyes stung. It was hard to breathe.

But she got the feeling that she just shouldn't stay still any longer, and began to move. First, the cub began to crawl away, keeping as close to the ground as she could, moving as quietly as she could, so as not to draw attention to herself. Eventually, though, she broke into a run. Running further from her former pride land. Running from the fighting.

But she soon heard the growling voice, "Come out, come out, wherever you are."

The cub tried to flatten herself further against the ground, hiding within the overgrown grasses against a fallen tree. But she could hear the footsteps coming closer and closer. Between the blades, she could see hints of the unfamiliar lion as he drew near, no doubt hunting her down by her scent. The other smells that filled the air helped to muddle it, but...

"There you are! Trying to hide!" The male shouted, his voice practically dripping with his desire to take the cub's life.

When he roared, she nearly froze in terror, but she willed herself to move. Her mother told her to live. The cub practically threw herself forward, scurrying over the fallen tree and bounding forward, pushing herself to run faster than she ever had before.

The lion was thrilled as he witnessed the cub give herself completely away to run. The prospect of hunting the small, defenseless lion done was just what he wanted and sprinted after her.

"Leave me alone!" the cub found herself shouting, even though she knew it wouldn't do her any good as she attempted to flee for her life. "Anyone! Someone! Momma! Momma! Save me!" she cried, as she ran, realizing that it would impossible for her to outrun the grown male.

Hearing the cries was all Nero needed for she, too, had tracked down the cub by her scent, which was similar to her fallen mothers. She let out a thundering roar, announcing her presence, and charged toward the sound of the cub's voice.

The roar was unfamiliar, but in the heat of his pursuit, the male did not seem to pay it any mind, instead going in for the take down, leaping toward the cub when he had finally closed the space between them.

The red furred, black maned female bowled into the male midair, knocking him off of his course and a fight broke out between the two. The male tried to go for the throat, but Nero was too fast for him and the cub was finally frozen as she witnessed the scuffle. Part of her thought to keep running, afraid this other strange would hurt her, but they smelled a little like... "Momma!"

Nero fought the male off, going so far as to heavily wound the male's foreleg, rendering it useless and warned him then, "Get out of here, if you want me to spare your life." Her voice, then, was terrifying and, undoubtedly, she meant it.

No match for the strange new lion, the male fled with his limp, scoffing. What did it really matter if one cub survived?

"Come with me, child," Nero said to the cub, only after watching the male slink off, out of her line of sight. "Your mother... Is gone. But she told me to find you." The former demon king did not hesitate, nor wait for the cub's response, before stepping forward and picking the cub up, a little awkwardly, but safely, with her mouth and began to carry her away.

It was just one cub, but that was all that mattered.

And with her mother gone, Nero supposed... she would have to take on that role.

[1712]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:53 am

[Lions: Aggoth and Vayde]

"Vayde," Aggoth called out, approaching the cave which the other lion had claimed as his own private quarters in a hurry, announcing his own presence before even having made it into the entrance.

The dark lion, whom was using his strange powers over shadows and darkness to traverse, unseen, through the shadows of the caves, heard his name being called out and, within moments, stepped out of the shadows of his own cave, as though he appeared from thin air, itself, slowing fading into existence.

The older male and stepped in just then, and the dark lion tilted his head slightly, "What is it?" He asked, seeming to have the desire to get right to the point. For the most part, Vayde wasn't one for small talk, though, of course, there were some exceptions to this, so it wasn't all that often that someone sought him out first in such a hurried fashion, unless it was a matter of importance.

"Nero is heading out toward the north, across the Empty Lands, as the relationship between the two prides on the other side has completely broken down. I've heard that war has started and, you know Nero. She is going to see if there is anyone that needs her help."

From Aggoth's words, it was obvious that this was not an official pride task. At least, there was no political motive in it. It was just what Nero wanted to do, herself, and wasn't all too interested in involving anyone else.

Vayde nodding his head in understanding, but still didn't see what the older lion was getting at. "I understand. But, what else is there?"

"I advised that she not go totally alone, as it can be dangerous, even for her, and she told me to seek you out, so you could trail her from the shadows in case she does need your assistance. It's just assurance, really." Nero was known for her incredible fighting prowess, so it was very unlike that she would need help, but going alone was still ill advised for anyone. "She's gone on ahead, but I have no doubt that you will be able to catch up to her. Just look after our queen, okay?"

While Aggoth was not Nero, thus this was technically not a direct command, the purple eyed lion nodded his head once, sharply. "Of course. I'll watch over her from the shadows." Vayde held a great respect for their founder and leader, and was even indebted to her for taking him into the pride without any hesitation, so there was no way he would deny the opportunity to help her.

And, without any other words exchanged, the dark lion vanished, throwing himself back into the shadows.

[454]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:32 pm

[Lions: Vayde, Nero and Fallyn]

Vayde set out to trail Nero, just as Aggoth had instructed him to do, creeping and jumping through the shadows in the direction that their leader had traveled in not too long before him. It was not long before he located the red maned lioness, but did not appear before her. No, just as he was told, he stayed within the shadows, lingering entirely unseen, as he followed along with her.

He witnessed it all, from the fallen lioness that begged her for help, to the fight with the foreign male. Vayde had considered revealing himself then, but he had faith in Nero, and it was evident that his assistance was not required. He had been asked to watch over her so, watch, he did.

It was only when the lioness was carrying the small cub that she had rescued back through the Empty Lands that the dark lion fell into line beside her, showing himself.

"What are you planning to do?" It was not entirely like him to ask these sorts of questions, but he found it coming out of his mouth before he could stop it.

Hearing another new voice, the little cub, Fallyn, tensed up in Nero's grip, and Nero side eyed her pride mate before coming to a slow stop. She released the little one carefully, and immediately told her, "It's safe. This is my friend. A member of my pride."

But everything was happening so fast for the cub. She had not even exchanged words with the one that had saved her, so when her paws touched the dead earth, she stared at the two adults with some uncertainty.

"Your mother must have loved you very much." Those were the first words that Nero thought to say when the cub looked at her that way. "She was very brave, and did everything she could in order to protect you."

Hearing these words, the Fallyn's eyes turned glassy once again as the tears threatened to spill over. She already knew it. And she already knew, undoubtedly, that her mother was gone. That she had given up her life so that she may have had the chance to live.

"W-what... do I do...now?" It was hard to speak the words, the little cub beginning to sniffle, but she tried to be brave. Her mother had saved her. This red lion had saved her.

"Be one of us." It was Vayde that made the suggestion, so bluntly, with few words.

"One of... you?" Fallyn questioned, still uncertain.

"My name is Nero," the former demon king introduced herself. "Regardless of my mane, I am lioness, and so... while I cannot replace your mother, I will do everything that I can to protect you from now on, hm?"

The little cub nodded her head then, unable to manage to say anything else. She still did not know what to make of all of this, but if this strange lioness had protected her, she could trust her, right?

"We should carry on," Nero then stated, glancing over to Vayde, whom nodded in response. Although he did not say it, he was a little surprised that their leader had made the promise to care for the cub, herself.

"I'll stay beside you on the way back," the male told his leader.

Then, it was Nero's turn to nod, and she picked the young cub back up once more and took off again. This time, Vayde matched her pace entirely, no longer just shadowing, but escorting Nero and Fallyn back to their pride lands.

[591]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:47 pm

[Lions: Vayde, Nero, Fallyn and Aggoth]

Once the trio, Nero, Vayde and the young orphaned cub, Fallyn, made it safely through the empty lands and into their pride's territory, their cavern home in sight, that was when the dark lion slipped back into the shadows with the simple, uttered words, "See you."

The former Demon King carried the young cub all the way up the stone steps that lead to the mouth of the cavern shrine, while Fallyn, from her position in the lioness' mouth, tried to take in all that she could and be brave.

As they reached the top of the stairs, they were immediately greeted by Aggoth, whom was relieved to see the lioness' return. "Our Queen. You made it back." The words came first, before his muted orange gaze shifted, specifically, toward the dark cub being carried by Nero.

The maned lioness exhaled heavily through her nose, her version of huffing or sighing while her mouth was full, brushing past the male and stepping just inside the cavern. There, she finally set the young cub down.

Though finally freed from the lioness' grasp once more, Fallyn wasn't sure what to do from there, and turned to really get a good look at her savior. She stared at Nero for a long moment, before the lioness seemed to smile down at her.

"What is it, Little One?" Nero questioned.

"I... I don't know what to do," the cub admitted, and she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes once more, as she was reminded again of the gravity of her situation.

Seeing the cub's eyes turn glassy, Nero reached forward with her paw, uncertain at first, and pulled the cub in close, unsure of how else to comfort her. Hopefully, this would do.

Fallyn did not resist the gesture from the older female, instead burying her face in her mostly red fur, finding the warmth and the very faint scent of her mother that still lingered on the lionesses, if nothing else, at least a bit comforting.

Aggoth had followed after the leader of the pride with a moment's delay, and once he came to stand to the side of her, Nero eyed him, though she still held the cub close. "I told you not to call me that," she said to him, obviously referring to the way that she had greeted him. "Don't bother with Queen or King, just call me Nero."

The male did not verbally acknowledge her words, but remained in silence for a moment.

"This is the only survivor of the pride that had been attacked," Nero then explained, seeming aware of what was on his mind without him even needing to say it out loud. "Her mother gave up her life in order to buy her time, to protect her, and sent me to find her."

Aggoth nodded his head. "I see."

"Since she's the last of her pride, it has already been decided. She is one of us now," Nero told him. "I have taken her in, myself."

[503]

[Submitted toward level 12]
Last edited by ToxicShadow on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:41 pm

[Lions: Jabari and Chione]

"As you know, we are gathered here today in order to announce my heir. It is with my greatest pleasure to announce that... Abanoub will eventually take my role as king."

Hearing those words made it official. Jabari had been rejected, betrayed.

All of the pride members had gathered together, called upon by the King, as he said he had an important announcement to make. Jabari was lined up with the family, but he was at the end, farthest away from the King, even though it was he that had been originally considered the eldest, the one that would eventually take over the pride. They always told him that. Filled his head with hopes and dreams. Then, it was stolen all away.

He sat, frozen, until all the cheering was done and the rest of the pride had dispersed, before he raised up his head high and, even though his heart ached, he marched forward to face those that had been his parents, up until now. The King and the Queen.

"I am renouncing my title," he told them, his voice unwavering as he looked at them with hard eyes. "It is evident that I am no longer needed here. That I am no longer your son, and have not been, for a long time." It hurt, oh, it hurt. To even have to utter these words, but he said it without letting them know just how much pain this brought him. "And I am leaving this pride," he carried on. "Everything aside, I wish you all the best." He only bowed his head once to them, his way of thanking them for at least taking him and raising him, up until this point. Even though it had lacked any love and affection for a long time now.

And, with that, he turned and left.

---

Chione had an inkling that her parents would let down Jabari, but she never had the heart to warn him, just in case she was wrong. But when she heard him utter the words that he was leaving them, her heart began to race in her chest and she started to panic. She wouldn't know where he went. She wouldn't know how to find him. She would not even know if he was alive or dead. She stood and watched him go until he was no longer in her sight. And, when he was gone, her breathing accelerated too, until she could hardly breathe at all, just desperately gasping for air. Like she was suffocating.

And that was when she knew. For certain. She could not leave him alone.

---

"Jabari! Jabari!" she called after the lion when she finally caught up to him, finally able to catch her breath.

Hearing his name being called, that it was Chione calling for him, the male paused in his steps that had been carrying him further and further away from what had been his home, and he whipped around to face her. "Chione, what are you doing here?"

Seeing that he stopped, this somehow urged the maned lioness' feet to carry her forward even faster, and she closed the space between them, gently butting her head against his. "I am coming with you," she breathed quietly.

Jabari intended to jerk away from her sudden gesture, but when she uttered her words, he froze, unable to do so. "You... You're coming with me...?" He could not believe that he had actually heard those words.

"I am," she confirmed, barely whispering. "Wherever you go, I will go with you."

[589]

[Submitted toward level 12]
Last edited by ToxicShadow on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:17 am

[Lions: Vaal and Zralok]

"No, stop! Why do you hate me? Why? Just leave me alone!" She was dreaming again. No, not dreams. Nightmares. The sort of nightmares that had actually been her reality. It was her past, still haunting her.

Vaal was talking in her sleep, her entire body shaking even as she dreamed and tears spilled from her closed eyes. Had she been human, she would have been covered in a cold sweat.

Beside her, Zralok had been sleeping, but her urgent, horrified voice and her shaking soon coaxed him awake. He was groggy at first, but he soon registered Vaal's voice, and rapidly blinked the sleep from his eyes, realizing that it was happening. Again. And he was not about to let her continue to suffer.

"Vaal, Vaal," he said her name both gently but also, hopefully, loud enough to pull her from the world of dreams. But when just saying her name didn't work, he shuffled himself even closer to the female, pressing his body firmly against hers, and pressed his whole head against her, nuzzling into her and nudging her. "Vaal, wake up. Everything is alright. I am here," he told her.

Eventually, his words and gestured broke through her dreams, and Vaal gasped, waking with a start, her eyes wide and frantic. She looked all around her, making sure that the figures that surrounded her in her dreams were not there. That they were just in her dreams now. Even though it was relatively dark in the cavern that was claimed as their own, she recognized it. She was safe. Truly.

She leaned back against Zralok and when he stopped nuzzling her in order to lift his head and lick her muzzle, she soon shoved her face into the fur of his mane, snuggling into the warmth and breathing in his soothing scent.

The lioness stayed buried into his fur for a long moment, not saying a word yet, as she attempted to compose herself. Zralok did not at all mind that her tears were, effectively, being dried into his mane. Instead, there was a soft rumbling from deep within him. The unusual lion had began to purr for the lioness, which helped soothe her all the more. As long as she was by his side, she was safe, and she knew it. And there was nowhere else that she would rather be.

When she finally was up to it, Vaal unburied her face from the lion's man, and spoke quietly, "I'm sorry. That I woke you up again." Momentarily, her ears feel back, pressed against her skull. A small pang of guilt washed over her, as it normally did when this happened. She knew she had no reason to actually be guilty, as Zralok always reassured her that it was perfectly fine. But still. She could not help it.

"Hush," he told her. "I have told you that you never need to apologize for that. Of course I'll be here for you, even in the middle of the night, or any other time. You're alright." First, he reassured her that she need not feel guilty, then reassured her that everything was fine now. "I'm here."

"I know," Vaal replied, before shuffling herself a little more, so she could partially curl around the male, resting her head on his front paws and closing her eyes once more.

[559]

[Submitted toward breeding]
Last edited by ToxicShadow on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:16 am

[Lions: Jabari and Chione]

Even when she was young, Chione had already developed her crush on Jabari. Though, back then, she had carefully kept it a secret since Jabari had been taken in by her parents when his had lost their lives. They took him in, in part, to honor his parents, whom gave up their lives protecting the pride. Slowly, she watched their treatment of Jabari change and though she brought it up with him, that she hated how he was being treated, he often told her that it was okay, because they had taken in him when he had no where else to go. But, in the end, her parents, the King and Queen of the pride, had betrayed him. And, when they trampled on the last remnants of their relationship with Jabari, the young lion responded by cutting all ties with them. He renounced the title they had given him, as it had only been in name anyway, renounced his relationship with them, and he left. There was no more reason for him to stay.

Chione had been forced, then and there, to choose between her parents and the one that she had come to secretly love and adore. She tried to stay with her pride, at first. She thought it was her duty. But when the realization set in that she may never see him again, she had rushed after him.

Now, the maned lioness sat beside the tranquil pond within the territory of the Oddity Pride, idling staring down at her reflection there, and reaching her paw down toward the water's edge, sending a ripple out from it. Life was peaceful here, most of the time. Far different than that of her former life, where she had to worry about being the princess of the pride, and where she constantly worried about whether or not her love was actually happy or even just satisfied with his life. It was so much better here for him.

As her mind was filled with thoughts of him, another reflection, his reflection appeared in the water beside her, and she smiled as much as a lion could smile. She spoke with a purr, "Why, hello there~"

The lion then laid down beside her, a similar warmth to his voice, "Why, hello there, yourself."

Chione rubbed her head into Jabari's mane, purring even more, before she looked up at his face, as best as she could, from her position leaning against him, "What have you been up to?"

"I made rounds with Aggoth," Jabari had informed her without having to give the answer much thought. "He not only knows all there is to know about the pride lands, but so much about the surrounding areas. I've been... studying it."

"Studying it? Do you... plan to leave here?" Chione leaned up again to get an even better look at him.

The male shook his head. "No, I don't intend to leave this place. They took us in, after all, when we had nowhere else to go. They... Well, I feel accepted here. At home, you know?"

Chione slowly nodded her head. He had not felt at home within her family's pride. It was obvious. So hearing him say that now made her happy, but she felt a twinge of sadness.

Jabari looked away from the lioness' face and out toward the sky, "How do you feel, about being here?" He had always been worried that, in the end, Chione would regret leaving behind her family in order to be with him.

"Anywhere that you are, I am happy to be," she told him with shocking confidence and certainty. She did not even have to consider her answer. "And I don't dislike it here. I can actually... relax. I'm not a princess here. I can just be... myself. And be myself... with you. I wont ever regret leaving. It is my past, yes, but being here, with you, within this pride, it is my future."

[659]

[Submitted toward breeding]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me