─ rain ─

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Black widow

Postby Tanjiro » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 am

I had gotten up mid-slumber to take a piss. Eyes foggy I see her: she had made her way out of the dark crevice but upon seeing the light was scurrying on upwards, back to the shadows casted between my cupboard and the wall. I saw her purely by chance, as her movements made it clear that I wasn’t supposed to see her. I rarely wake up to use the restroom, & the shift in our routine caught us both by surprise.
      She was there again the second night. Outside the crevice yet again, never wandering far from her nest. A curious creature. I crouch down to observe. The faint red hourglass on her abdomen confirmed my suspicions. Fear and panic now gripped me; She had to die.

Now was my chance to squash my anxiety against the tiled floor. My fear fades into a sense of power as I had the opportunity to gain control over my fear. But she scrambles to make way for me. There’s a softness that overtakes me as I see myself in her (crawling back into the shadow for the comfort of others). My only motive to kill her was out of fear & not out of necessity, would that make me a monster? The black widow is a shy girl. Quietly spinning her webs in the dark. Who am I to play God with her life?

She plays dead when I catch her in a clear plastic cup, theatrically throwing herself to one side to garner my sympathy. To show me that she was no threat at all. She was quite adorable, she flinched when I moved the cup but immediately went back to playing the bit. When I slid the paper under her she toppled over like a domino. My fear was replaced with amused admiration by her silly performance. I admired her beauty as she gathered herself at the sense of freedom in an unfamiliar place (the outdoors, aka my backyard) & slipped away back into the darkness.

The black widow - a creature I thought I would only encounter in my worst nightmares, turned out to be quite like me.
#1 Kimi fan
Tanjiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Identity

Postby Tanjiro » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:51 am

I have been feeling extremely frustrated with my life recently.
      I finished my 4th journal; I took an unconventional approach to journaling with my last notebook. Instead of writing daily events I wrote about future events in my ideal world. While I had fun at first, my identity limited my creativity on this & I was eventually stuck in the boredom of my life. I mean, this is the future in my ideal world. Why am I so afraid to even pretend to have fun? When I think about living carefree, the looming thought of money and career push away my curiosity to explore the possibilities of my life. When I think about finding love or close friendships the fears from my past comes to haunt me. I fear losing even before I have gained anything.

So I have limited myself to boredom even in the imaginary realities that exist solely in my head. Damn.

(Got burnout from writing so everything below is just a ramble)
      Writing was one of the few things that did bring me joy. However, I find my inspiration dwindling when I water it down with my literal experiences and identity. Developing my OCs has been really fun, because I can express myself without that version of it being ME (am I making sense? Ah ha ha). Anyways, I'm a thrill seeker in a way but everything I do has been boring me idk. Not a fan of clubs, meeting people, going out etc. I will eventually return to that version but for now I think I just need to focus by having fun in my head 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
#1 Kimi fan
Tanjiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me